PDA

View Full Version : Quinn still in the mix?

BabyTO
04-04-2009, 11:51 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/04/browns-could-still-trade-qb-quinn/

Browns still could trade QB Quinn to Broncos

Even though the Jay Cutler sweepstakes is over, Cleveland Browns QB Brady Quinn still might end up in Denver.

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Quinn could be just the quarterback Broncos coach Josh McDaniels wanted all along. At Notre Dame, Quinn played for former New England Patriots offensive coordinator Charlie Weis, who has McDaniels’ ear when it comes to quarterback talent.

More from the Plain Dealer:

Trading the No. 18 pick to the Browns for Quinn (who was taken 22nd in 2007) makes so much sense for the Broncos, I can’t believe it hasn’t happened yet. They get a young quarterback schooled in McDaniels’ system whom the new coach can develop and appoint as the face of his team going forward. Denver also saves its No. 12 pick for much-needed defensive help.

Rabb
04-04-2009, 11:53 AM
I was just coming here to post this, does this make sense to anyone?

I am all for competition in camp but seriously, Quinn won't want to be here to be a backup again

Los Broncos
No

SureShot
Please no.

p7superfly
04-04-2009, 11:54 AM
We can get him for a 2nd. If they want a first they can go to hell.

I'm cool with going in and seeing how Orton and Simms play out.

Sanchez might be there at 12.

SureShot
04-04-2009, 11:55 AM
IF we are going to draft a QB wait until next year.

Rabb
04-04-2009, 11:55 AM
I say we don't even draft a QB, FFS let's see how Orton does

now if this actually happened I would actually be upset at this point...let Orton and Simms battle, don't complicate things

broncos-rock
04-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Already talked about
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79285

btw Quinn has an escalater in his contract that pays him $11 million for playing 80% of the snaps!

Kaylore
04-04-2009, 11:58 AM
I don't want any part of that guy. He's more model than football player.

BabyTO
04-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Already talked about
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79285

btw Quinn has an escalater in his contract that pays him $11 million for playing 80% of the snaps!

Can and probably will be renegotiated.

TonyR
If we were going to go after Quinn I don't know why we'd take Orton in the trade unless they just plan to cut him. We don't need 3 QB's on the roster. And I sure wouldn't want to give up 18 for him.

theAPAOps5
I don't want any part of that guy. He's more model than football player.
Now I'm Done...... But you haven't even started!

UberBroncoMan
We can get him for a 2nd. If they want a first they can go to hell.

I'm cool with going in and seeing how Orton and Simms play out.

Sanchez might be there at 12.

Exactly. Forget paying MORE for a guy who was injured, and played pathetic against the Bills and Texans... I mean PATHETIC. Sub 50% and 40% completion % and INT's.

lex
04-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Not for the #18. He hasnt proven enough. He was drafted in the 20s on promise and he hasnt converted enough promise to accomplishment to this point. 18 is too much to give for him. I would consider trading Scheffler for him, straight up. They need a TE.

Majik
04-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Matt Cassel was traded for a 2nd round pick. Why the **** would we trade a 1st for Quinn.

lostknight
04-04-2009, 12:03 PM
No.

McDaniel's got the quarterback that he wanted (which seems to be anyone but Jay Cutler at this point), so let him work with it. We have far more pressing needs that McDaniel's has taken his eye off of. Mainly D-Line and Safety depth.

worm
04-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Let go with Kyle for a year.

D! D! D!

Bronco X
04-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Definitely not for #18. And honestly after reading up on Orton and considering the talent the Broncos have on offense I think they may be okay with Orton or Simms as a stop gap.

oubronco
04-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Hell No Weiss thought so much of him he started Derek Anderson I wouldn't give no more than a 2nd and a 3rd is more like it

oubronco
04-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Definitely not for #18. And honestly after reading up on Orton and considering the talent the Broncos have on offense I think they may be okay with Orton or Simms as a stop gap.

and a top 3 pick is in store in 2010

MechanicalBull
04-04-2009, 12:10 PM
I hate articles like this. This is just speculation and there is nothing except for oh he played for Weis.

I found this interesting
CLEVELAND -- One reason the Browns didn't swing a deal with Denver is that former Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler didn't want to play for Browns coach Eric Mangini (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1509429,CST-SPT-bear03.article), the Chicago Sun-Times reported today. The paper, citing a source, said that Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, made it clear when talks began that Cutler refused to play for Mangini and that he feared Cutler wouldn't report to the Browns.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/04/report_cutler_didnt_want_to_pl.html

frerottenextelway
04-04-2009, 12:14 PM
He's a pompous ass and a lousy football player. I'd rather trade for that Brown that punched him in his face.

broncos-rock
04-04-2009, 12:14 PM
I hate articles like this. This is just speculation and there is nothing except for oh he played for Weis.

I found this interesting

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/04/report_cutler_didnt_want_to_pl.html

It just shows you how pus cook is totally controlling cutler and here I thought the agent worked for the client. Thats obviously not the case!

Natedog24
04-04-2009, 12:16 PM
No more QB's please. Lets focus on defense now and see if McD can coach up Simms or preferably Orton into a solid NFL QB like he did with Cassel. If it doesn't work out, we draft a QB next season because if it doesn't work out we will probably be looking at a pretty high draft pick next season. Not to mention we'll have the Bears #1 pick next year in our back pockets to trade up with if need be.

lex
04-04-2009, 12:22 PM
No more QB's please. Lets focus on defense now and see if McD can coach up Simms or preferably Orton into a solid NFL QB like he did with Cassel. If it doesn't work out, we draft a QB next season because if it doesn't work out we will probably be looking at a pretty high draft pick next season. Not to mention we'll have the Bears #1 pick next year in our back pockets to trade up with if need be.

If it doesnt work out, we should take Cody with our high pick and then either a FA or someone like this:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=67815&draftyear=2010&genpos=QB

Florida_Bronco
04-04-2009, 12:23 PM
I'd be happy with Quinn. He has franchise QB potential which neither Simms nor Orton really have.

Pony Boy
04-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Matt Leinart, Vince Young and Alex Smith ar prime examples of why we should not draft a 1st. round QB and pay him millions to set on the bench and learn. Why would Sanchez be any different?

bombay
04-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Hell no. If Orton is a disaster, Kassel will be a free agent next season and most likely make less on the open market than he's being paid this season.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-04-2009, 12:30 PM
If we were going to go after Quinn I don't know why we'd take Orton in the trade unless they just plan to cut him. We don't need 3 QB's on the roster. And I sure wouldn't want to give up 18 for him.

Yep. Why not take the offers from the Skins, Jets, or Bucs since those were draft pick offers instead and then move a pick(s) for Brady?

lex
04-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Hell no. If Orton is a disaster, Kassel will be a free agent next season and most likely make less on the open market than he's being paid this season.

That depends. If he doesnt have a great season, he's not going to make the average of the top 5 QBs in the NFL. Thats the only reason he's making so much money now. And if he does well, Im pretty sure KC will want to lock him up.

bombay
04-04-2009, 12:43 PM
That depends. If he doesnt have a great season, he's not going to make the average of the top 5 QBs in the NFL. Thats the only reason he's making so much money now. And if he does well, Im pretty sure KC will want to lock him up.

Sure. That's why I qualified the statement.

Isn't he a free agent after the season, though, if KC doesn't tag him?

Circle Orange
04-04-2009, 01:26 PM
LOL, the Broncs are turning into Tampa Bay west...have 6 quarterbacks on the roster!

Oh, I do smell chicanery about...ROFL!

Karenin
04-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Sure. That's why I qualified the statement.

Isn't he a free agent after the season, though, if KC doesn't tag him?

I guarantee he'll have a long term deal before the season starts.

bombay
04-04-2009, 01:49 PM
I guarantee he'll have a long term deal before the season starts.

Scott Pioli? Is that you?

(just kidding)