PDA

View Full Version : How bad did Orton want out of Chicago ?

Spider
04-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Before I leave out on a trip , it takes me time to get ready , at least 2 -3 hours ...... Orton = flat out hauled ass to the air port ......... no grass grew under that boys feet .. But i cant blame him , coming to Denver and this offense has to be a wet dream .......

Los Broncos
04-04-2009, 10:03 AM
You would think he wanted to go to Tenn for all that whiskey there.

Kaylore
04-04-2009, 10:05 AM
I think he did that so he could get in and get working ASAP. I was really impressed with the way he called all his receivers to introduce himself. And he's already in the playbook learning. He takes the attitude that other QB's might out-talent him, but they won't out-work him. He's also likable in the locker room and that will be a welcome change. He's a good guy and his blue-collar work ethic will be a welcome change. I think the team is going to get along better than many here believe and we'll field a decent team this year.

Spider
04-04-2009, 10:06 AM
You would think he wanted to go to Tenn for all that whiskey there.

;D Orton wants to get his freak on in Denver , but still that doesnt change the fact that he was here in less then 24 hours ....... I wouldnt be shocked to learn as soon as Da bears contacted Denver orton was on a plane

Hercules Rockefeller
04-04-2009, 10:07 AM
He had to pass a physical before the trade could become official.

It's not like he packed everything up in a U-Haul and drove through the night to get here.

Conklin
04-04-2009, 10:09 AM
never thought i'd be excited to see orton as our QB, but the guys play for him. Similar to Plummer, the entire team gives it their all when he's on the field, but he won't make the mistakes, i seriously think the team will play better next year on O.

Popps
04-04-2009, 10:09 AM
I have no idea what that plans are for him, but I'm excited to have him as a Bronco, even if it's just in a back-up role.

We're going to have a quality back-up this year, which will be a welcome change. I'm also hoping we draft a kid to develop in the system. (Just not too early.)

Those are two things we basically just stopped doing in the second half of the Shanahan era.

Spider
04-04-2009, 10:10 AM
He had to pass a physical before the trade could become official.

It's not like he packed everything up in a U-Haul and drove through the night to get here.

Dude he had to take a red eye to get here in the time he did ..... Most would have waited until the next day , booked a flight , packed a few things , do a trip Itinerary, plan ot take in some of the sights ...... Not Orton he went from zero to 120 right after go

Northman
04-04-2009, 10:10 AM
I dont know if Orton wanted to blast out of there but knowing he was coming to Denver im sure he was quite happy. I fully expect him to work even harder than he already does as this will give him an opportunity to work with a offense he didnt have in Chi-town.

WaffleBoy
04-04-2009, 10:13 AM
spider, u have to remember Orton was a starter last season. Unless he wants to be watching Sims, i would hurry my butt too and learn the system and get a rythm with the receivers.

Spider
04-04-2009, 10:16 AM
spider, u have to remember Orton was a starter last season. Unless he wants to be watching Sims, i would hurry my butt too and learn the system and get a rythm with the receivers.
orton has all of mini camp and preseason ....... hell the draft isnt here yet

WaffleBoy
04-04-2009, 10:17 AM
spider, but who wouldn't want a heads up on the competition?

Spider
04-04-2009, 10:20 AM
spider, but who wouldn't want a heads up on the competition?

heads up ? orton is familiar with this new offense . now if he was coming into a walsh or Shanahan WCO then you could make a point , but it still doesnt explain why orton didnt wait until the next day

Popps
04-04-2009, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't totally count Simms out of the competition. McDaniels said there will be an open shot at the starting gig.

That's good stuff. Bring in a rookie to get in the mix, and let's get this system rolling.

Spider
04-04-2009, 10:32 AM
I wouldn't totally count Simms out of the competition. McDaniels said there will be an open shot at the starting gig.

That's good stuff. Bring in a rookie to get in the mix, and let's get this system rolling.

Thats what I like also ....... I am not counting Simms out , but it seems Orton took over ........ As it stands right now I see orton as the starting QB

WaffleBoy
04-04-2009, 10:37 AM
i still say the Broncos should have gotten the Lions number 1 overall selection.

Kaylore
04-04-2009, 10:45 AM
i still say the Broncos should have gotten the Lions number 1 overall selection.

No way. No one wants that. You're going to make a guy one of the highest paid in the league when he's not that much different than the six guys taken after him - and may be even worse.

The top five picks suck.

BroncoMan4ever
04-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Dude he had to take a red eye to get here in the time he did ..... Most would have waited until the next day , booked a flight , packed a few things , do a trip Itinerary, plan ot take in some of the sights ...... Not Orton he went from zero to 120 right after go

i agree. i wasn't expecting him to be in Denver until the weekend and not at the facilities until Monday morning, and then he was there less than 24 hours after the trade was announced

BroncoMan4ever
04-04-2009, 10:48 AM
No way. No one wants that. You're going to make a guy one of the highest paid in the league when he's not that much different than the six guys taken after him - and may be even worse.

The top five picks suck.

agreed, but i would love to trade back from 12 if they want an OT to protect Stafford or Sanchez, and pick up 20 and 33. i really like the top pick of the 2nd round. you get your pick of all the 1st round talent that slipped a little and all the best remaining guys in the 2nd, it is a great place to draft

UberBroncoMan
04-04-2009, 11:06 AM

Only if we were able to trade it. Do you realize how much money the #1 pick costs? It would hurt us more than help us with all the holes we have to fill, especially since no pick is a guaranteed success.

BroncoBuff
04-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Before I leave out on a trip , it takes me time to get ready , at least 2 -3 hours ...... Orton = flat out hauled ass to the air port ......... no grass grew under that boys feet .. But i cant blame him , coming to Denver and this offense has to be a wet dream .......

Definitely .... best young O-Line in the league, this year maybe the best O-Line period.

Plus best young pair of WRs, best young receiving TE, and a large stable of RBs to choose from.

What's not to love?

listopencil
04-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Definitely .... best young O-Line in the league, this year maybe the best O-Line period.

Plus best young pair of WRs, best young receiving TE, and a large stable of RBs to choose from.

What's not to love?

I thought Sheff was on the block?

bombay
04-04-2009, 11:36 AM

I hope Orton wins the job. He's proven himself to be a winner even if it's in the role of game manager. I also would like for Clady to be on the QBs blindside rather than Harris.

Pony Boy
04-04-2009, 11:36 AM

Well said, I would like to see a late round rookie brought into the mix. Rhett Bomar has all the physical tools and had he not taken money from the car dealership, he would of been the starter at OU for 4 years. He was heads above Bradford as a freshman. We could afford to have a guy like that hold the clipboard for a few years.

BroncoMan4ever
04-04-2009, 11:38 AM
I thought Sheff was on the block?

there's dipute to that. the fact that we probably won't get enough in return is a problem, also the fact that McDop**** said he could envision Scheff in the Ben Watson role of his offense.

if he is traded it will be draft day

listopencil
04-04-2009, 11:57 AM
there's dipute to that. the fact that we probably won't get enough in return is a problem, also the fact that McDop**** said he could envision Scheff in the Ben Watson role of his offense.

if he is traded it will be draft day

Ah, OK. It's hard to follow what's going on with specific players right now. Everything has been dwarfed by all the hype around The Player.

Imagine that. We finally have a nickname for Cutler.

Pick Six
04-04-2009, 01:28 PM
If he didn't know about the expectations people have of Denver quarterbacks, he knows it now. Whether he's the starter or not, he's a Bronco. GO KYLE ORTON!!!:strong:

chickennob2
04-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Well said, I would like to see a late round rookie brought into the mix. Rhett Bomar has all the physical tools and had he not taken money from the car dealership, he would of been the starter at OU for 4 years. He was heads above Bradford as a freshman. We could afford to have a guy like that hold the clipboard for a few years.

I too would like us to take a 5th round flier on Bomar. But to say he was heads above Bradford as a freshman is just an outright lie. Go look at what each player did for his team as a freshman. Bradford got his team to the Fiesta Bowl. What the hell did Bomar do?

Paladin
04-04-2009, 04:28 PM
I'd take a shot at Freeman in the fourth.....

Donk
04-04-2009, 04:51 PM
How long did it take for jay to report to the Bears?

extralife
04-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Well, he had a presser there yesterday, so you do the math.

Spider
04-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Well, he had a presser there yesterday, so you do the math.

Last night , and Tenn is closer to the Windy city ,then the Windy City to Mile high

SouthStndJunkie
04-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Word is that since Orton arrived in town, he has already done the Coors Brewery tour....twice.

Conklin
04-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Word is that since Orton arrived in town, he has already done the Coors Brewery tour....twice.

is it not in a dry county?