PDA

View Full Version : Orton Highlights

Elway777
04-04-2009, 06:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE2CxDWm1sc

One think about Orton is he has a incredible quick release. He also has zero mobility. Maybe the Broncos will not be that bad next year with out great offence line.

oubronco
04-04-2009, 09:20 AM
He Sucks and so does Crissy

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2009, 09:27 AM
He Sucks and so does Crissy

He's got a stable base, he doesn't have happy feet, that's for sure. His highlights show that he did connect of some throws off his back leg, a dangerous position to throw from. But, he's a pocket guy for sure. I think he looks pretty damn good, but I'm watching a highlight clip so he's gonna look good.

Killericon
04-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Quick release? Are we talking about the same guy?

Los Broncos
04-04-2009, 09:30 AM
So no more boot legging I take it.

theAPAOps5
04-04-2009, 09:32 AM
So no more boot legging I take it.

Not like with the old system.

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2009, 09:38 AM

Yah, its hard to really see that in this highlight clip, not enough detail. But, it does look like he can deliver the ball quickly, but it's also due to his footwork.

DeuceOfClub
04-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Since 18 is a retired number I wonder if Orton ("My arm is stronger than Plummer") Will ask Elway to un-retire #7, at least for few years.

NASurfer
04-04-2009, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaUrgq2fnXs&feature=related

Shows almost every pass he made against a ferocious Colts pass rush.

BabyTO
04-04-2009, 10:22 AM

Horrible. No arm strength, bad decision, tipped balls. And all that even though the Bears made him throw short, quick throws only.

I can see us beating the Ravens or Steelers with Orton behind center for sure. :rofl:

We better bring in Quinn on draft day otherwise we're gonna rebuild for the next 2-3 years.

Spider
04-04-2009, 10:29 AM

he can read a D and look off safties

TheReverend
04-04-2009, 10:29 AM
He has highlights?!

TonyR
04-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Some of you act like Orton is our long term plan at the QB position. Give me a break, we didn't trade Cutler straight up for Orton. I don't know what the plan is, and neither do you, but I can guarantee you that Orton is nothing more than a short term starter. This team wasn't/isn't going to win anything this season anyway no matter who our QB was/is, so stop acting like the world is coming to an end. Get a hold of yourselves.

Spider
04-04-2009, 10:54 AM
He has highlights?!

Yeah I wish it was more then 3 minutes long , but in those we did see , that he can play

Los Broncos
04-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Not like with the old system.

I miss those old days with Plummer running it, you can tell when it was coming.

Spider
04-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Some of you act like Orton is our long term plan at the QB position.
who is to say he isnt ? his work ethic puts him right up there ....

Give me a break, we didn't trade Cutler straight up for Orton.
No ****? i thought the 2 1 st draft picks in the next 2 years was just crazy talk I don't know what the plan is, and neither do you, Just a shot in the dark here , but i would say the plan is to win more games then we lose .....Like I say just a shot in the dark but I can guarantee you that Orton is nothing more than a short term starter. so oh great talent scout , whats your expert opinion of QUINN? This team wasn't/isn't going to win anything this season anyway no matter who our QB was/is, so stop acting like the world is coming to an end. Get a hold of yourselves.who said we was going to do alot ?

oubronco
04-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Some of you act like Orton is our long term plan at the QB position. Give me a break, we didn't trade Cutler straight up for Orton. I don't know what the plan is, and neither do you, but I can guarantee you that Orton is nothing more than a short term starter. This team wasn't/isn't going to win anything this season anyway no matter who our QB was/is, so stop acting like the world is coming to an end. Get a hold of yourselves.

well they did say that McDipshyt likes him and thinks he can make him a very good QB

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2009, 11:15 AM

Nope, totally wrong. Fact, McD is opening up the try outs for the starting QB position. Orton now has a chance to win that job. All I'm saying is no QB is set in place right now and Orton has as good a shot as Simms and a draft pick.

listopencil
04-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Seems like he has pretty good footwork, but some of his passes were going high. I don't know enough about throwing mechanics to see if that is something fixable in his form or if he just isn't as consistent as he should be.

frerottenextelway
04-04-2009, 11:31 AM
highlights not withstanding, orton is a dink and dunk qb.

I think Simms will beat him out if he's healthy.

lex
04-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Seems like he has pretty good footwork, but some of his passes were going high. I don't know enough about throwing mechanics to see if that is something fixable in his form or if he just isn't as consistent as he should be.

On a couple of them, I thought his release point was elevated because of pressure.

lex
04-04-2009, 11:38 AM
highlights not withstanding, orton is a dink and dunk qb.

I think Simms will beat him out if he's healthy.

Yeah, and if there is ever a QB in the draft with a physical abnormality like, I dont know, having an extra spleen, we should draft him 3 rounds before where he's slotted to go.

Punisher
04-04-2009, 11:40 AM
He has highlights?!

:~ohyah!: :~ohyah!: lmao....

listopencil
04-04-2009, 11:49 AM
On a couple of them, I thought his release point was elevated because of pressure.

Yep, I saw the same thing. Some of those others were a bit off w/o someone right in his face though. And then some were right on the money-that slant he threw to his right for instance. About a third of the way through the vid I think.

It's hard to say after just watching a short video from Youtube.

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2009, 11:52 AM

He looks like an NFL QB. He's got some mobility.

I can see McD's reasoning behind bringing him in. He looks like a Cassel clone waiting to be coached up. I'm not saying he's gonna be another $14m guy but both Simms and Orton are now the right looking QBs for this Spread Offense.

NASurfer
04-04-2009, 12:03 PM
He looks like an NFL QB. He's got some mobility.

I can see McD's reasoning behind bringing him in. He looks like a Cassel clone waiting to be coached up. I'm not saying he's gonna be another $14m guy but both Simms and Orton are now the right looking QBs for this Spread Offense.
Yeah, I had to look at highlights via web just because I don't watch Bears games.

He's not as bad as I thought he was. Apparently he's got a great work ethic which I believe has to be one of the greatest qualities a QB can have considering our situation (new offense etc...). It's hard to judge his arm strength because he's just not going deep (which could depend on the play called and other factors like lack of pass protection), but he seems to hit when his line let's him complete his drop. Man, it's like night and day when you compare the Bears pass protection/ supporting cast to ours.

Considering the fact he's just an add on bonus to those first round picks it's not looking that bad.

enjolras
04-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I've REALLY grown on Orton after talking to a couple of bears fans and watching some of his work.

The guy has moxie for damn sure. He plays tough and he plays REALLY hard. He's the anti Cutler.

Cutler: $100 arm, $.10 head.
Orton: $.50 arm, $100 head

listopencil
04-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Watching this right now-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RrAJNQ_e8Jk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RrAJNQ_e8Jk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

enjolras
04-04-2009, 12:08 PM
I do think Orton is going to look a lot better in the shotgun oriented/spread'ish offense McDaniels likes to run. He appears to have really good vision.

listopencil
04-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Pre Season-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m0fz9OHrLH8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m0fz9OHrLH8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

listopencil
04-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I think I was wrong about Orton throwing too high. I'm being fooled visually by his higher trajectory, he's just not zipping his throws in there like Cutler would and the low video quality makes it hard for me to pick it up.

listopencil
04-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Here's one with some college stuff added. Poor quality but you can see what he looks like when he's trying for some deeper throws towards the beginning of the video. Appears to be really reaching back to get his hand up to speed before he releases the ball.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

listopencil
04-04-2009, 12:26 PM
I do think Orton is going to look a lot better in the shotgun oriented/spread'ish offense McDaniels likes to run. He appears to have really good vision.

Yeah, agree about the vision.

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 12:29 PM
I hope orton will feel more at home playing in a system he is more accustomed too he was forced to play a system in chicago that took away all his strengths.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-04-2009, 12:30 PM
You poor bastards.

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Is that what your last date said?

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 12:31 PM
This is lc's wife - you guys must be one hell of a mistress! :P

PS ...I'm a Patriot's fan.

we could smell the chowder a mile away. :clown:

listopencil
04-04-2009, 12:35 PM
I wish we had a QB.

I agree. Cassel will be nothing without McD to hold his hand.

Hulamau
04-04-2009, 12:39 PM

Yes he does have a quick release. Quicker than Jays. He may not burn a hole through his receivers with velocity but he gets it there plenty fast enough.

chaz
04-04-2009, 12:41 PM
his "quick release" is helped by many of those clips being sped up...

DarkHorse
04-04-2009, 12:42 PM
What's the infatuation with Quinn - did anyone here actually watch other Browns games besides when we played them?

Jesus - check TYT and download some Browns games, let me know what you think then.

Hulamau
04-04-2009, 12:42 PM
This is a perfect opportunity for Kyle and I'm sure hes going to try to make the most of it. He just died and went to QB heaven! Look what McD did for Cassel? And even Brady with that intricate spread offense! His style and smarts fit it very well.

Like some of the bears fans said he wont lose you many games, and that was with their crappy offense! Now he gets a chance to win a lot more with McD, Eddie Brandon squared and Clady et al.

HEAV
04-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Strong enough arm, just mobile enough,give him a better left tackle and he will win more than a few games.

TDmvp
04-04-2009, 12:46 PM
You poor bastards.

LOL yea i know we are trying to find some reason to like Orton ...

It's kinda like trying to justify liking disco music or something like that ....

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 12:48 PM

It's kinda like trying to justify liking disco music or something like that ....

What wrong with disco music?

listopencil
04-04-2009, 12:49 PM

I'm just trying to find out about him period. There really isn't any bias in my opinion.

HEAV
04-04-2009, 12:49 PM
He throw a nice fade pass, damn nice! Beat a few good corners in that video. The more I watch him the more I see that he could have success. Given a the weapons he will have and the o-line.

At the end of the day it comes down to the defense.

NASurfer
04-04-2009, 12:53 PM

Lord knows a discussion on a player we acquired has absolutely no place on this message board. LOL

listopencil
04-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Here's another-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eQS6-v75qms&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eQS6-v75qms&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TonyR
04-04-2009, 01:03 PM
...give him a better left tackle and he will win more than a few games.

Well, we certainly got him one of those!

kappys
04-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Christ watching Orton against the Lions or Seahawks is like watching any QB against the Broncos last season. They all look like the next Dan Marino against ****ty defenses.

listopencil
04-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Christ watching Orton against the Lions or Seahawks is like watching any QB against the Broncos last season. They all look like the next Dan Marino against ****ty defenses.

True. I couldn't find any "lowlight" videos though. One of them does show how he did against a pretty stiff Colts D.

2KBack
04-04-2009, 01:31 PM

Denver's offense didn't look so great against Detroit

Spider
04-04-2009, 01:34 PM
True. I couldn't find any "lowlight" videos though. One of them does show how he did against a pretty stiff Colts D.

The Colts one is the best one ....... he ****ed up and made plays , in the end it was a win .......

bronco610
04-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Remember he had no real recievers or o-line. I say he is servicable. What more could McD want. No stars allowed !!!! Its all team.

enjolras
04-04-2009, 02:47 PM
In the Colts game you saw him *gasp* actually throw balls away instead of forcing them into triple coverage.

That's something we haven't seen in awhile:)

barryr
04-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Only idiots think Orton can't be a good QB in the NFL. Newsflash to the idiots: to be a good NFL QB does not mean you need to have a cannon for an arm. Neither does having a great arm mean you will find success either. Watch more and maybe you'll learn more about football.

Doggcow
04-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Horrible. No arm strength, bad decision, tipped balls. And all that even though the Bears made him throw short, quick throws only.

I can see us beating the Ravens or Steelers with Orton behind center for sure. :rofl:

We better bring in Quinn on draft day otherwise we're gonna rebuild for the next 2-3 years.

You didnt watch the whole Video. He actually did a great job managing that game, especially when he was getting obliterated every time he released the ball. He had insane amounts of pressuer, ****ty recievers, and still managed to win that game against a very good Colts Pass D.

frerottenextelway
04-04-2009, 04:44 PM

Yep. The one game that Cutler has missed and the offense put up -7 points (Ramsey pick 6, Ramsey fumble in the EZ).

2KBack
04-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Yep. The one game that Cutler has missed and the offense put up -7 points (Ramsey pick 6, Ramsey fumble in the EZ).

way to miss the point.

Rock Chalk
04-04-2009, 07:43 PM

Touch&eacute;

Xenos
04-04-2009, 08:17 PM
NFL.com has more highlights with better clarity. Too bad it's so much of a pain to get there initially. But you get a better idea than just grainy youtube videos.

Bears vs Vikings first meeting:
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80bc0ea4

listopencil
10-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Bumpitty bumpitty beeee boooooo bump.