PDA

View Full Version : How will Chicago do next year?

JCMElway
04-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Poll coming.

We will all be pushing for Chicago to be horrible next year. How will they do?

worm
04-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Bears Schedule

Home: Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, Arizona, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Pittsburgh

Away: Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, San Francisco, Seattle, Atlanta, Baltimore, Cincinnati

I think 8-8 is possible...maybe with a few breaks 6-10.

Popps
04-04-2009, 01:34 AM
I don't know, but how sweet would it be if the wheels fell off. Not just for comedic value, but how fun would it be to have a top 10 pick next year. (That we didn't earn with our OWN record, of course.)

I'm hoping they go about 5-11. Just enough to get us in the top of the draft, without the high cost of the first few picks.

But, I'd settle for 6-10, too.

TDmvp
04-04-2009, 01:37 AM
I hope we play them in the super bowl and we win ... Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious! ...

:poke: :poke: :poke:

lex
04-04-2009, 01:39 AM
I dont think theyll get the Olympics.

Taco John
04-04-2009, 01:41 AM
I hope they go 0-16. Hell, I hope they even lose their bye week.

The shock has wore off me. I wish it didn't happen like this, but since it did, we've got two years of exciting drafts in front of us.

cutthemdown
04-04-2009, 01:56 AM
I hope they go 0-16. Hell, I hope they even lose their bye week.

The shock has wore off me. I wish it didn't happen like this, but since it did, we've got two years of exciting drafts in front of us.

everyone will come around.

I said when it when shanny got fired I didn't like it. I thought he deserved one more yr.

It's time to move on and look forward to the 10 new Broncos we will soon have in the stable. Hopefully 3-4 turn out to be good players like Clady and Royal last yr.

cutthemdown
04-04-2009, 01:58 AM
I think they can win maybe 9 or 10 of those games. Depending on how good Minny and GB are. Detroit I doubt will do much.

Some long road games to west coast, who knows they could lose one or 2 of those.

worm
04-04-2009, 02:12 AM
Hopefully 3-4 turn out to be good players like Clady and Royal last yr.

We need more than 'good' players. IMO, at least one out of the four 1st round picks in the next two years needs to be the 'face of the franchise'. Somebody the fans can rally around. A player that can be an identity for this team.

Right now, I don't know who that is for the Broncos. Dawkins? Too new and too old. Marshall? Please. Clady? Hard to create a team identity or win a ROY award as a OT. DJ? Not really his forte. Champ? I guess as close as Denver has. Still hard to do from a safety spot.

This team needs a 'face' (preferably a DL, LB, QB or RB). If they manage just 1 of those type of guys in these next four #1s...they would have done a great job.

It may be all about Team...but it often comes down to a 'franchise' player between and outside the lines. That was what was lost and what needs to be replaced.

worm
04-04-2009, 02:15 AM
I think they can win maybe 9 or 10 of those games. Depending on how good Minny and GB are. Detroit I doubt will do much.

Some long road games to west coast, who knows they could lose one or 2 of those.

They play all four Championship game teams and seven playoff teams from '08.

Outside of Detroit...that is not an easy schedule. Winning 9 will not be easy.

UberBroncoMan
04-04-2009, 02:27 AM
I see the Bears going 10-6 to 11-5 if they make some WR signings such as a Marvin Harrison. Plaxico would be nice but he's probably getting suspended. Earl Bennett is going to flourish with Jay, mark my words.

But like Taco... I want them to lose every game so we can at least get a high draft pick next year. Would be nice to get a 5-8 and be able to trade it down to a 20 + a 2nd rounder.

extralife
04-04-2009, 02:54 AM
I think they win 8 or 9. The schedule makes 10 possible. Then again, I'm not sure of the condition of their defense. A lot of those dudes are getting up there, and if it starts to fall apart all bets are off.

watermock
04-04-2009, 02:56 AM
They will win 10+.

Jay plays well in the cold.

broncocalijohn
04-04-2009, 03:22 AM
Bears Schedule

Home: Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, Arizona, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Pittsburgh

Away: Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, San Francisco, Seattle, Atlanta, Baltimore, Cincinnati

I think 8-8 is possible...maybe with a few breaks 6-10.

We can hope and pray, cant we? That 3rd game in preseason will determine their fate. I can see 10 wins but if they snatch defeat from victory just like we did when we played them in 07, we can dream of a possible 6 win year. It will take attitude, probably a bad one, and a bad head of hair to fullfill our need of a good choke artist that happens to take snaps for Da Bears. Here is to those teams scheduled for Da Bears in 09 :notworthy

broncofan7
04-04-2009, 06:34 AM
Bears Schedule

Home: Detroit-WIN, Green Bay-WIN, Minnesota-WIN, Arizona-WIN, St. Louis-WIN, Philadelphia-LOSS, Cleveland-WIN, Pittsburgh-LOSS

Away: Detroit-WIN, Green Bay-LOSS, Minnesota-LOSS, San Francisco-WIN, Seattle-LOSS, Atlanta-WIN, Baltimore-WIN, Cincinnati-WIN

11-5 and division champs

Rohirrim
04-04-2009, 06:38 AM
I say 6 and 10. That's a nice draft pick. ;D

Meck77
04-04-2009, 06:43 AM
I'm not mad at Cutler. He was just an immature kid who sadly enough has a real tough set of physical and mental circumstances to overcome if he's ever going to be a SB champ in this league. I wouldn't be surprised to see him out of this league by the time he's 30.

Besides why would anyone bet against Bowlen? I don't bet much but I sure wouldn't bet against the Denver Broncos over the long haul.

broncofan7
04-04-2009, 07:14 AM
I say 6 and 10. That's a nice draft pick. ;D

That would be sweet for sure!

Drek
04-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Bears Schedule

11-5 and division champs
You think they're going to beat Arizona when they don't have a single DB who can cover Fitzgerald or Boldin, and they'll probably be facing both?

That and their WRs will have a damn hard time with AZ's corners. They're a generally young team except at QB and they're on the rise. I'd expect Chicago to get pasted in that game.

I also don't see them winning on the road against Atlanta or Baltimore. Its possible, but then they could also lose a game to Detroit, Cincy, etc.

I see a realistic schedule of:
Home: Detroit-WIN, Green Bay-WIN, Minnesota-WIN, Arizona-LOSS, St. Louis-WIN, Philadelphia-LOSS, Cleveland-WIN, Pittsburgh-LOSS

Away: Detroit-WIN, Green Bay-LOSS, Minnesota-LOSS, San Francisco-WIN, Seattle-LOSS, Atlanta-LOSS, Baltimore-LOSS, Cincinnati-WIN

8-8. And that is assuming their defense stops the decline they've been heading down since their SB appearance.

Rohirrim
04-04-2009, 08:35 AM
You think they're going to beat Arizona when they don't have a single DB who can cover Fitzgerald or Boldin, and they'll probably be facing both?

That and their WRs will have a damn hard time with AZ's corners. They're a generally young team except at QB and they're on the rise. I'd expect Chicago to get pasted in that game.

I also don't see them winning on the road against Atlanta or Baltimore. Its possible, but then they could also lose a game to Detroit, Cincy, etc.

Home: Detroit-WIN, Green Bay-WIN, Minnesota-WIN, Arizona-LOSS, St. Louis-WIN, Philadelphia-LOSS, Cleveland-WIN, Pittsburgh-LOSS

Away: Detroit-WIN, Green Bay-LOSS, Minnesota-LOSS, San Francisco-WIN, Seattle-LOSS, Atlanta-LOSS, Baltimore-LOSS, Cincinnati-WIN

8-8. And that is assuming their defense stops the decline they've been heading down since their SB appearance.

Some of those guys are getting a little, cough, elderly. ;D

frerottenextelway
04-04-2009, 08:40 AM
12-4 ish and a contender.

TheDave
04-04-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm hoping for a 5-11 maybe 6-10 collapse but most likely they will win 10-12 games and make a decent playoff run.

Archer81
04-04-2009, 08:42 AM
9-7. Bears offense is not even close to what Jay had here, and the offense is depending on Orlando Pace to solidify the offensive line?...Uhh...

:Broncos:

COWBELL
04-04-2009, 08:44 AM
I am more worried about our wins and losses. I am willing to bet the bears will have a better record than we will. Broncos schedule is brutal this year. And that gives two more years for Mckid to turn it around. It will be very interesting

The Joker
04-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Somewhere between 7 and 9 wins.

spdirty
04-04-2009, 08:46 AM
12-4.

broncofan7
04-04-2009, 08:49 AM

The past history of SB losers has not been kind---was it only SEA that made the playoffs the next year? And I expect B-more to not be NEARLY as effective as they were last year--mostly due to the loss of Rex Ryan & Bart Scott. And that means that Flacco will have to throw more than 15 passes a game to win--LOL

telluride
04-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Is it wrong of me to hope that Cutler contracts a season-long bout of mono, and that they go 3-13?

The Joker
04-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Is it wrong of me to hope that Cutler contracts a season-long bout of mono, and that they go 3-13?

No, it's not.

http://photos.al.com/photos/alphotos/f9421af05c54d3c02ad89b000c00d1ae.jpg

Punisher
04-04-2009, 09:37 AM
Matt Forte is gonna play well so will Cutler,so I'm thinking no less than 9-7 maybe they go 11-5.They'll lose in the playoffs against The Gaints or Panthers.

Drek
04-04-2009, 10:08 AM
The past history of SB losers has not been kind---was it only SEA that made the playoffs the next year? And I expect B-more to not be NEARLY as effective as they were last year--mostly due to the loss of Rex Ryan & Bart Scott. And that means that Flacco will have to throw more than 15 passes a game to win--LOL

You're betting on a "trend" that typically had a reason for continuing. AZ has a ton of young talent just coming into its own. I'd say its more likely that the SB appearance was their coming out party, not their peak.

Examples of this trend:
Chicago, where they traded Jones the following season and still had Sexy Rexy at QB, not to mention no reliable defensive depth so when guys got hurt the unit collapsed.

Philly, the year TO tried to blow it all up.

Carolina went 7-9 but that was almost entirely due to a 1-7 start that resulted from losing Steve Smith, Kris Jenkins, and Stephen Davis early and for long stretches.

The Raiders were just old and fell off the damn cliff.

It isn't some sort of SB loser curse, its just damn hard for teams to reach that level and it requires a good bit of luck in that most of your team must stay healthy. The Cardinals might have some big injuries that set them back this year, but until they happen they're pretty likely to kill the Bears no matter who their QB is.

As for the Ravens, Rex Ryan was pretty quality but Ozzie Newsome has been slotting in new DCs there for nearly a decade without missing much of a beat, and Bart Scott is an overrated system player. I wouldn't be surprised if they find an upgrade over him to take his place (maybe Maualuga as a later first slider?)

Kaylore
04-04-2009, 10:30 AM
They could win anywhere between 7 and 12 games. If they find a receiver, their line comes together around pace, and their defense gets back to where it should be, they're looking at 11-12 wins. If any or all those things don't work, things will unravel very quickly.

lex
04-04-2009, 10:32 AM
No, it's not.

http://photos.al.com/photos/alphotos/f9421af05c54d3c02ad89b000c00d1ae.jpg

Yeah, there seems to be more in the way of NTs next year. As long as Cody stays healthy and remains in good standing next year, we really need to sell the farm and get this guy next year, if we still need one.

lex
04-04-2009, 10:35 AM
They could win anywhere between 7 and 12 games. If they find a receiver, their line comes together around pace, and their defense gets back to where it should be, they're looking at 11-12 wins. If any or all those things don't work, things will unravel very quickly.

I think theyll either sign Torry Holt or draft Ramses Barden in the 2nd. In Chicago, Angelos has repeatedly tried to have that one taller receiver whether its been Booker (twice) or Muhammad. Bennett can be the technician, Hester the deep threat, and Barden the rangey guy who can win with height and body position.

bombay
04-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Yeah, 7-9 wins. Cutler isn't a big enough upgrade to make up for an aging defense, a so-so line, and limited offensive arsenal.

lex
04-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Yeah, 7-9 wins. Cutler isn't a big enough upgrade to make up for an aging defense, a so-so line, and limited offensive arsenal.

It depends. Theres a lot of big money talent on the defense. They could put it together. Thats not unthinkable. And what might help them put it together is Cutler getting off to a good start. The defense may not be the kind that can win games with a rookie at QB (like Orton was in 2005) but with some synergy that involves getting help from the offense, the defense could be a lot better than last year. Its within them. And if Cutler starts off with a 90 something QB rating in his first 6 games or so, it could easily happen. And also, remember that Cutler will get help from Forte.