PDA

View Full Version : Jake Plummer >>>>>>> Jay Cutler. Any questions.

bronco0608
04-03-2009, 11:55 PM
How Jake was better than Cutler:

1) Jake put up better stats

2) Jake won more games

3) Jake was a real leader

4) Jake was a team player

5) Jake never had vagina-up the ass syndrome

6) Jake led this franchise to the AFC championship game; Cutler led this team, to, umm, urrrhh, umm, what did he lead us to?

In the end, you don't know what you got till its gone, do you? Remember how Jake led this team to a 7-4 record, and Jay the cult-arm god went 2-3 to finish the season and lose the game that could have gotten us into the playoffs against one of the worst teams in the league? Remember that? That wasn't a foreshadowing of things to come, right? Wrong.

The next season, Jay the cult-arm mopey god led us to a 7-9 record. But that couldn't have been the sign of things to come right?

This past season, Jay the cult-arm mopey, sensitive, loner QB led this team to, umm, urrrh, what was it again? Nothing.

What people don't understand about sports and life is that most people are followers. And followers are the most critical SOBs on the planet. Highly, highly critical of leaders; looking for faults left and right. But with the right leader, they shut the **** up. The followers bite their tongues. They get in line. Why? Because they don't won't to rock the boat. They don't won't to be the only follower-clown bitching and moaning. But give a follower-clown an opening. Oh, that SOB is the most vicious, coniving, piece of **** you ever wanted to meet.

Because that is what a follower is. Talking **** left and right to the people around him about the man in charge, finding all his faults, yet that cock-sucker doesn't have the balls to ever be the man. He rather criticze, then ever lead. You know why? Because he can't handle the heat of leading men. He can't handle being talked about, yet walking strong amongst all the hate and vitrol for trying to lead peers of your own age. And that is what Jay's problem was.

Jay was a follower. Whatever was cool, was cool. But you can't EVER, EVER have that from the QB position. The QB is the MAN of the team. He is the leader, de facto. Not some chump ass tight-end or WR. Nope, its always the QB. Thats why playing QB is so damn tough in the NFL. It's not the reads, its the people skills. Everybody is looking at YOUR ass for direction and confidence, not the daggum FB; no matter how damn charismatic that FB maybe, it just doesn't work.

That's why so many QBs fail in this game, especially the high 1st round draft pick QBs. Those guys have SO MUCH DAMN PRESSURE on them: make the right reads, lead grown ass men who are your age, handle the press, come up clutch in the end, lead the team to the promise land. Can you imagine all the **** that comes along with being an NFL qb? You get all the blame for losses, and all the credit for wins? That's some damn pressure.

But to be a QB, you got to be cool. You got to be the coolest guy in the room. Joe Namath cool, John Elway cool, Joe Montana cool. You got to be able to role with the punches, never let them see you sweat. Because if you sweat, everybody on the team sweats. You got to be able to handle that pressure.

Jay Cutler? Never in a million years. He will never be like that. He will always be that petulant child, throwing his teammates under the bus when things go bad, never accepting blame, bitching at receivers when he doesn't make half the reads and throws he suppose to. And that is a leader? Really?

And people wonder why Jake Plummer was successful in Denver and Jay couldn't win a lick as the starting QB; a sub .500 record as a starting QB in the NFL.

There is whole lot damn more to being a starting QB in the NFL than whipping the ball across the field at 110 miles per hour. That's only 1/10th of what a QB is.

SouthStndJunkie
04-04-2009, 12:03 AM
I could give a **** at this point.

Neither will take a snap for us in 2009.

Popps
04-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Well, if nothing else... one will go down in history as the 2nd winningest QB in Bronco history, and the other will go down as the beginning to the end of the Shanahan era.

bpc
04-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Just let it go. Time to begin the recovery phase and get excited for the draft.

Time for everybody to unite and become one again. If you like the direction or not, we're here and there is only one way to go. Up.

BroncoBuff
04-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Well, if nothing else... one will go down in history as the 2nd winningest QB in Bronco history, and the other will go down as the beginning to the end of the Shanahan era.
Yeah, the f-er! Jay was the death knell for Shanahan ...

I think you should start calling him "Coach-Killer Jay." :~ohyah!:

lex
04-04-2009, 12:13 AM

2) Jake won more games

6) Jake led this franchise to the AFC championship game; Cutler led this team, to, umm, urrrhh, umm, what did he lead us to?

In the end, you don't know what you got till its gone, do you? Remember how Jake led this team to a 7-4 record, and Jay the cult-arm god went 2-3 to finish the season and lose the game that could have gotten us into the playoffs against one of the worst teams in the league? Remember that? That wasn't a foreshadowing of things to come, right? Wrong.

The next season, Jay the cult-arm mopey god led us to a 7-9 record. But that couldn't have been the sign of things to come right?

This past season, Jay the cult-arm mopey, sensitive, loner QB led this team to, umm, urrrh, what was it again? Nothing.

What people don't understand about sports and life is that most people are followers. And followers are the most critical SOBs on the planet. Highly, highly critical of leaders; looking for faults left and right. But with the right leader, they shut the **** up. The followers bite their tongues. They get in line. Why? Because they don't won't to rock the boat. They don't won't to be the only follower-clown b****ing and moaning. But give a follower-clown an opening. Oh, that SOB is the most vicious, coniving, piece of **** you ever wanted to meet.

Because that is what a follower is. Talking **** left and right to the people around him about the man in charge, finding all his faults, yet that cock-sucker doesn't have the balls to ever be the man. He rather criticze, then ever lead. You know why? Because he can't handle the heat of leading men. He can't handle being talked about, yet walking strong amongst all the hate and vitrol for trying to lead peers of your own age. And that is what Jay's problem was.

Jay was a follower. Whatever was cool, was cool. But you can't EVER, EVER have that from the QB position. The QB is the MAN of the team. He is the leader, de facto. Not some chump ass tight-end or WR. Nope, its always the QB. Thats why playing QB is so damn tough in the NFL. It's not the reads, its the people skills. Everybody is looking at YOUR ass for direction and confidence, not the daggum FB; no matter how damn charismatic that FB maybe, it just doesn't work.

That's why so many QBs fail in this game, especially the high 1st round draft pick QBs. Those guys have SO MUCH DAMN PRESSURE on them: make the right reads, lead grown ass men who are your age, handle the press, come up clutch in the end, lead the team to the promise land. Can you imagine all the **** that comes along with being an NFL qb? You get all the blame for losses, and all the credit for wins? That's some damn pressure.

But to be a QB, you got to be cool. You got to be the coolest guy in the room. Joe Namath cool, John Elway cool, Joe Montana cool. You got to be able to role with the punches, never let them see you sweat. Because if you sweat, everybody on the team sweats. You got to be able to handle that pressure.

Jay Cutler? Never in a million years. He will never be like that. He will always be that petulant child, throwing his teammates under the bus when things go bad, never accepting blame, b****ing at receivers when he doesn't make half the reads and throws he suppose to. And that is a leader? Really?

And people wonder why Jake Plummer was successful in Denver and Jay couldn't win a lick as the starting QB; a sub .500 record as a starting QB in the NFL.

There is whole lot damn more to being a starting QB in the NFL than whipping the ball across the field at 110 miles per hour. That's only 1/10th of what a QB is.

Youre the one who should be asking questions.

BroncoBuff
04-04-2009, 12:13 AM
2) Jake won more games
What people don't understand about sports and life is that most people are followers. And followers are the most critical SOBs on the planet. Highly, highly critical of leaders; looking for faults left and right. But with the right leader, they shut the **** up. The followers bite their tongues. They get in line. Why? Because they don't won't to rock the boat. They don't won't to be the only follower-clown b****ing and moaning. But give a follower-clown an opening. Oh, that SOB is the most vicious, coniving, piece of **** you ever wanted to meet.
Jay Cutler? Never in a million years. He will never be like that. He will always be that petulant child, throwing his teammates under the bus when things go bad, never accepting blame, b****ing at receivers when he doesn't make half the reads and throws he suppose to. And that is a leader? Really?

Football is about WINNING GAMES.

Jay won games by himself.

Jake never did.

Jake had better stats than John. So by your logic ...............

Popps
04-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Football is about WINNING GAMES.

Jay won games by himself.

Jake never did.

Jake had better stats than John. So by your logic ...............

Wow, that's a lot of running in circles. You must be tired.

Jake=Winner in Denver.

Jay=Loser in Denver.

See, simple.

McDman
04-04-2009, 12:14 AM
You know I am a big supporter of Plummer but let's be honest, Cutler has ten times more talent. Plummer is a far better leader though.

IDK I wrote this after I got home from the bars.

Plummer=Orton I love it!!!!!!!!!!1

Taco John
04-04-2009, 12:18 AM
:yawn:

Popps
04-04-2009, 01:13 AM
You know I am a big supporter of Plummer but let's be honest, Cutler has ten times more talent. Plummer is a far better leader though.

IDK I wrote this after I got home from the bars.

Plummer=Orton I love it!!!!!!!!!!1

Hey, maybe we'll return to winning games again.

I don't care if Rosie O'Donnel is playing QB for us. I just want to beat the **** out of the Chargers like we used to.

Jason in LA
04-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Plummer had some very good defenses and running games that hid his short comings. Cutler had horrible defenses, and he didn't have the type of running game that Plummer did, especially last year because of the injuries. Plummer and the Broncos would have been bottom feeders if he was the QB the last two years.

I don't see why people can't see that.

extralife
04-04-2009, 01:25 AM

Jake=Winner in Denver.

Jay=Loser in Denver.

See, simple.

I thought it took a team to win games?

****, wait, which of the two contradictory talking points am I supposed to be on in this thread?

footstepsfrom#27
04-04-2009, 01:28 AM
You're a numbskull.

FireFly
04-04-2009, 01:29 AM
I actually agree.

And I've always kinda thought so.

It was just a great way to get flamed around here, so I kept quite. lol

BroncoBuff
04-04-2009, 01:32 AM

Jake=Winner in Denver.

Jay=Loser in Denver.

See, simple.

More simple:

Jake = had good defense
Jake = had good, nee, GREAT running game

Jay = horrifying defense (DomCasual annd I could've started at safeties)
Jay = no running game. At all.

See how easy?

Popps
04-04-2009, 01:38 AM
More simple:

Jake = had good defense

See how easy?

Too many qualifiers in yours.

History will know Jake as a winner in Denver, and Jay as a loser.

You don't have to like it, but that's how it'll go down in the history books. Check the stats if you doubt it.

DBroncos4life
04-04-2009, 01:43 AM
Funny thing is Jake Plummer flat out sucked in AZ when he had no talent really on O to help him and a D that gave up alot of points. Plummer then had to make things happen on his own which more often then not resulted in a INT.
Then when we got Plummer around a D that was good and made Plummer buy into the fact that because of our talented D he didn't have to force bad throws and put added pressure on the D.

This doesn't sound like anyone that was just traded a few days ago does it? (Other then our O being way more talented then what Jake had at AZ.)

Popps
04-04-2009, 01:47 AM
Funny thing is Jake Plummer flat out sucked in AZ when he had no talent really on O to help him and a D that gave up alot of points. Plummer then had to make things happen on his own which more often then not resulted in a INT.
Then when we got Plummer around a D that was good and made Plummer buy into the fact that because of our talented D he didn't have to force bad throws and put added pressure on the D.

This doesn't sound like anyone that was just traded a few days ago does it? (Other then our O being way more talented then what Jake had at AZ.)

I'll say this... I think the Bears have a real problem analyzing and developing offensive talent. (Could be why they rarely ever have any.)

That alone doesn't mean Orton will be any good, but you sure have to like the chances he's got behind or line, with our receivers... and with an offensive guru calling the shots for him.

Plus, imagine a healthy Hills, Buckhalter and Jordan to tote the rock.

I have no idea how good the guy is or isn't, or even if he's being thought of as a starter or just a back-up. But, it's an interesting situation. Brandon Marshall really lit up when talking about him, and his ex-teammates go out of their way to praise him, heavily. (Admittedly, I criticize Marshall's behavior, I just found it interesting that he seemed so excited about Orton.)

We'll see.

TDmvp
04-04-2009, 01:48 AM
Liked Jake ... I Liked Jay ... /shrug

Do you have to hate one to like the other ?

Sure I'll learn to love Dave Grohl ... didn't mind him in college ...

Bob's your Information Minister
04-04-2009, 01:49 AM
If you really believe this thread to be true you know nothing about football.

Tyrant
04-04-2009, 01:53 AM
Jay was far more talented and would have done great things with the 03-05 teams.

But excuse the bad analogy, if I'm in a war, I want Jake fighting along side next to me before Jay any day of the week.

DBroncos4life
04-04-2009, 01:55 AM
I'll say this... I think the Bears have a real problem analyzing and developing offensive talent. (Could be why they rarely ever have any.)

That alone doesn't mean Orton will be any good, but you sure have to like the chances he's got behind or line, with our receivers... and with an offensive guru calling the shots for him.

Plus, imagine a healthy Hills, Buckhalter and Jordan to tote the rock.

I have no idea how good the guy is or isn't, or even if he's being thought of as a starter or just a back-up. But, it's an interesting situation. Brandon Marshall really lit up when talking about him, and his ex-teammates go out of their way to praise him, heavily. (Admittedly, I criticize Marshall's behavior, I just found it interesting that he seemed so excited about Orton.)

We'll see.

With our line and Wrs it would be impossible for a QB to be that bad in our system. The problem still is our D and the pressure it puts on the QB to have to score everytime he has the ball.

extralife
04-04-2009, 02:56 AM

When Bob's the one with the level headed opinion in a thread, you know it's bad.

Broncosfreak_56
04-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Talent and stats don't win games. Jay was good but came up short in must-win situations.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-04-2009, 03:01 AM
Talent and stats don't win games. Jay was good but came up short in must-win situations.

So did Plummer.

Broncosfreak_56
04-04-2009, 03:04 AM
So did Plummer.
Did I say Plummer didn't? Plummer was much more of a winner for us than Jay, however.

DHallblows
04-04-2009, 03:28 AM
When Bob's the one with the level headed opinion in a thread, you know it's bad.

SERIOUSLY

Mr Chatterboodamn
04-04-2009, 03:40 AM

He hates our freedom!!!! lol well, call me johnny taliban

Popps
04-04-2009, 03:42 AM

Well, there you have it.... a definitive answer from an unquestioned authority on football.

Nothing more to see here, folks. The deal is done.

Jason in LA
04-04-2009, 09:25 AM

You're right. A total team effort wins games, which the Broncos had when Plummer was the QB, but not when Cutler was. I'd say that if Cutler played on the '03 to '05 teams, they could have won a Super Bowl because the defense was so good and so was the running game. Cutler is flat out better than Plummer. I don't even think it's close. Plummer wouldn't have won anything the past two years.

Hulamau
04-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Just let it go. Time to begin the recovery phase and get excited for the draft.

Time for everybody to unite and become one again. If you like the direction or not, we're here and there is only one way to go. Up.

Amen Chris! If the future was any brighter I'd have to wear shades 8') Would have loved it had Cutler been as good a man and leader as he was a passer, maybe in time he will become those things too, but its onward and upward from here in Denver and I cant wait to see how this draft and first year pan out!

Spider
04-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Ha! good Jake /Bad Jake .. nuff said

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-04-2009, 09:50 AM
More simple:

Jake = had good defense

See how easy?

12th in the league in rushing = no running game? Okay, got it. Thanks.

Reject reality and insert your own.

Hamrob
04-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Plummer was average at best talent.
Cutler is an elite QB.

If Cutler had a decent defense...we would have won championships.

All we needed to do...was fix the defense. You don't draft a kid like Cutler...spend 3yrs building an offense around him and then let some 32yr old coach squash it. That's what happened.

Hey, I have a Plummer Jersey...just like most Broncos fans...I liked Jake...but saying he was better than Cutler is pure ignorance!

Listen to Elway about Cutler...maybe that will help you to pull your head out!

Miss I.
04-04-2009, 10:15 AM
1. As a female I have to say don't think the vagina up the arse or arse up the vaJayJay scenario is feasible though head (of either variety) might be so from there I posit this:
a) jake v jay theories are really a release of pentup frustrations about this current jay situation
b) jake from all accounts a more effective locker room leader then jay leading to better and more frequent victories. Can't discount effective leadership and inspiration in motivating good performance from teammates. When jakes leadership broke down it impacted his playing and his teammates
c) jay while talented has yet to show maturity either with the team or off the field. He has made inappropriate comments about himself, the org and his team. Whether true or not internal workings belong internal not as gossip on ESPN. 3 years in jay shouldve gotten that. Jake was villified for his behavior: flipping off the fans and his road rage so why should Jay not expect it when he throws teammates to the wolves, ignores his employer and exhibits other immature behavior. Even if he had a better win record talent does not or should not excuse bad off field and on behavior.
2. In the end its meaningless as neither jake or jay is on our team both largely by their behavior and choice. If jake had performed better in the high pressure situations and hadn't caved when jay showed he might still be on an nfl roster. If jay hadn't reacted to this whole situation from shanny to now he might still be here. If mc d was the real villain jay had the choice to react with with dignity and let the cr*p d hit mc d on its own and he wouldve smelled like roses
3. Wish them both luck and wish the team even more

DHallblows
04-04-2009, 01:37 PM

Thanks for the irony, guy posting in favor of Plummer being better than Cutler ::)

extralife
04-04-2009, 03:16 PM
12th in the league in rushing = no running game? Okay, got it. Thanks.

The relative success of our running game last year was due to Cutler. People weren't afraid of us running the ball. With Plummer, it was our identity and teams knew it was coming. That's a huge, huge difference.

colonelbeef
04-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Plummer was average at best talent.
Cutler is an elite QB.

If Cutler had a decent defense...we would have won championships.

All we needed to do...was fix the defense. You don't draft a kid like Cutler...spend 3yrs building an offense around him and then let some 32yr old coach squash it. That's what happened.

Hey, I have a Plummer Jersey...just like most Broncos fans...I liked Jake...but saying he was better than Cutler is pure ignorance!

Listen to Elway about Cutler...maybe that will help you to pull your head out!

Unfortunately everything you said is true.. I don't blame people for trying to rationalize what just happened here, but I have the worst feeling that this entire episode will begin to look less and less acceptable as time goes by

colonelbeef
04-04-2009, 03:24 PM
What's truly strange is watching people defend Plummer after he was accused of all the same bull****... poor attitude, poor relationship with the fans, losing focus during games, etc etc

TonyR
04-04-2009, 03:33 PM
12th in the league in rushing = no running game?

Yes, people keep running with "no rushing game" and "second ranked offense" in spite of the facts. Our rushing game certainly wasn't "dominant" or "great" but it also wasn't nonexistent.

bronco610
04-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Jake still wasn't the answer. End thread.

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Jake still wasn't the answer. End thread.

Exactly he just didn't have the skillset to get it over the hump and the 05 WCC was a prime example.

broncosteven
04-04-2009, 04:58 PM
I guess in the end NEITHER QB wanted to play in Denver.

Had Plummer showed for more than 85% of the offseason practices things would have been a lot differnet.

Why people love Plummer after he quit on us is beyond me.

Both felt slighted and both acted like pussys in the end.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-04-2009, 05:36 PM

2) Jake won more games

If those are the stats you want to use. Then by your standards Jake is better than John. Go back to school for at least 2 more years before you make a judgement on QBs.

Circle Orange
04-04-2009, 06:00 PM
I could give a **** at this point.

Neither will take a snap for us in 2009.

Jake looks better in wigs, though...I still have my library of avatars. Ha!

Circle Orange
04-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I guess in the end NEITHER QB wanted to play in Denver.

Had Plummer showed for more than 85% of the offseason practices things would have been a lot differnet.

Why people love Plummer after he quit on us is beyond me.

Both felt slighted and both acted like p***Ys in the end.

Expectations + Pressure = Bus Ticket out of Town.

broncosteven
04-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Expectations + Pressure = Bus Ticket out of Town.

Elway has been the only QB to be able to handle the Denver Locals.

Wait I take that back they ass ****ed him too.

bombay
04-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Cutler has more talent than Jake did, but Jake's teammates loved him and fought their asses off for him. Not as much for Cutler. It does make a difference.

Circle Orange
04-04-2009, 09:35 PM
What's truly strange is watching people defend Plummer after he was accused of all the same bull****... poor attitude, poor relationship with the fans, losing focus during games, etc etc

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

I swear, folks are funny. Here's some more fractured logic:

When Plummer won with a team, he wasn't any good.
When Cutler lost with a team, he was elite.
Cutler not winning with a bad defense proves how good he is.
(I wonder if he won with a good defense would that prove he's average??)

Here's the real difference between the two

Cutler arm
Plummer running ability

THAT'S IT. You could flip a coin on other attributes (head)

Jake was a bit more mature overall/laid back better leader
Cutler more energetic in personality/individualistic

Ultimately neither one of them could cut it. :wave:

Bronco Bob
04-05-2009, 12:58 AM

Yet even as bad as the Cardies were, Jake took them to and won more playoff games with AZ than Cutler did as a Bronco.

DHallblows
04-05-2009, 01:48 AM
Yet even as bad as the Cardies were, Jake took them to and won more playoff games with AZ than Cutler did as a Bronco.

I guess one fluke win in 6 years with the team is something to brag about...???

Bronco Bob
04-05-2009, 02:19 AM

Did you watch the game? It was no fluke win, the Cardinals stomped the Cowboys in that game.

Popps
04-05-2009, 02:31 AM

As he said, it's more than Mr. Walk Upon Water was able to do in Devner.

Then again, Jay couldn't even beat Buffalo when the chips were down. INT and a missed TD at clutch-time.

DHallblows
04-05-2009, 02:49 AM
Ok ok, I didn't mean the win was a fluke, yes they deserved it! I mean if it was a best out of 3, the cowboys would've won the other 2 games. Matter of fact, they did both times in regular season. Just saying Dallas overlooked them. I was going more for the point of 6 seasons with 1 playoff appearance. And as the lady said, this whole argument is asinine anyway. I straight up refuse to believe that anyone who isn't currently angry at Cutler for his actions could believe the title of this thread.

But yes, they whooped Dallas that game and deserved it :thumbs:

extralife
04-05-2009, 03:19 AM
Jake had one winning season with the Cards, and it was at 9-7. He came here and won. Does this mean he suddenly became a vastly superior QB when he changed teams? No, it means he got good coaching here and was the beneficiary of a running game and a defense. Plummer is example number 1 that you can't use the lame excuse that a QB is "not a winner" when his team has serious flaws.

DBroncos4life
04-05-2009, 05:56 AM

He did. That year Plummer had 17 Tds, 20 Ints and a QB rating of 75.

Popps
11-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Someone needs to start a Griese>Cutler thread.