PDA

View Full Version : Moving ON

Punisher
04-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Yea it's time to move on,yea I'm not gonna lie Jay Cutler was my Fav Bronco but hes not here anymore and i Still believe hes a top 5 QB in the NFL.But does a Top 5 QB win you the Super Bowl every year?The answer is No

Looking deep into the trade I think we might have the better deal.This draft is the most important draft to date in Bronco history well at least i think.

Yea the bears took a risk on Cutler and they gave alot to get him,And this reminds me of a Team that took a chance on a young upside QB too and that team is the Denver Broncos
DENVER -- For this man, the Denver Broncos gave up Chris Hinton, Mark Herrmann and a No. 1 draft choice?

For a man with a 47.5 completion percentage? For a man with twice as many interceptions (14) as touchdown passes (7)? For a man who was the lowest-rated quarterback in the American Football Conference?

For John Elway?
http://www.sportingnews.com/archives/elway/article9.html

Also the broncos trade reminds me of a team that also had a young coach
The Dallas Cowboys "Hesler Walker trade" And we all seen what happend there.

scttgrd
04-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Now all thats left is winning, no excuses. He got a Qb he can work with and the picks to get his players. Since he is so good at identifying his players we should have 5-6 starters and at least 3 pro-bowlers. Anything less than the playoffs next year is a major dissapointment.

Popps
04-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Now all thats left is winning, no excuses. He got a Qb he can work with and the picks to get his players. Since he is so good at identifying his players we should have 5-6 starters and at least 3 pro-bowlers. Anything less than the playoffs next year is a major dissapointment.

Hilarious!

Rohirrim
04-03-2009, 10:53 PM

LOL Post of the offseason.

broncos-rock
04-03-2009, 10:55 PM
I tend to think that we will be in the superbowl within 2 years!

scttgrd
04-03-2009, 10:57 PM
LOL Post of the offseason.

Glad you agree, the future is bright in Bronco land. Right?

80smith
04-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Has anyone compaired Cutler with Dan Marino? Just saying........

spdirty
04-03-2009, 11:00 PM

couldnt agree more. Especially after listening to what "The Coach" had to say.

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1078931

Add to that we as fans should also expect marked improvement on offense, defense, and special teams.

80smith
04-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Also..... Did Elway have the talent on offence in the begining of his career that Cutler had? I know the "D" was bad for Cutler but what did Elway have to work with......

scttgrd
04-03-2009, 11:06 PM
couldnt agree more. Especially after listening to what "The Coach" had to say.

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1078931

The Broncos have 10 draft pics this year and 5 in the first 85 or so. Find your players Josh and coach them up. Get it done. AFC west champions and playoffs here we come.

watermock
04-03-2009, 11:11 PM
The 'Boys had more than that, picking up Aikman first and going 3-13 in his first year, plus they had Johnson, a proven HC at Miami.

We could only hope to get Johnson out of the booth.

watermock
04-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Listening to Josh, he sure had a frog in his mouth...

"Ya know, aak...umm..akk..."

scttgrd
04-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Listening to Josh, he sure had a frog in his mouth...

I think those were the expectations he's waking up to.......

Popps
04-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Glad you agree, the future is bright in Bronco land. Right?

Yea, but you need to toss out that "playoffs or failure" next year nonsense.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but we have to build a defense almost from scratch and implement a whole new offensive system.

We didn't make these moves to win this year, so much as to build a championship franchise in Denver again. These things may take a little time. Shanahan left some real bull**** to clean up.

scttgrd
04-03-2009, 11:31 PM
So how long do we wait? Two years, three? He's been given all the tools he needs and has all the power to get it done. So get it done. Winning cures all, not excuses.

SureShot
04-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Shanahan left some real bull**** to clean up.

Don't even try the empty cupboard nonsense. Even you said this team could play for a championship in two years.

NFLBRONCO
04-03-2009, 11:36 PM
What do you want your HC to say? I agree with you guys expect 4 wins in 09. No he is going to sell his system even if the reality it might be a long year.

watermock
04-03-2009, 11:37 PM
We spent 12 million in SB on an old safety, a out of the league QB and a long snapper.

NFLBRONCO
04-03-2009, 11:40 PM
So how long do we wait? Two years, three? He's been given all the tools he needs and has all the power to get it done. So get it done. Winning cures all, not excuses.

I agree their should be no excuses and its about winning and should be. I doubt even the best drafter in the NFL could rebuild a lousy lousy D in one year. I think he deserves 3 yrs.

scttgrd
04-03-2009, 11:41 PM
We spent 12 million in SB on an old safety, a out of the league QB and a long snapper.

12 new free agents and 10 draft pics, thats damn near half an opening day roster in one year. If thats not enough cahnge to get to the playoffs like Miami and Atlanta did then I see a problem.

Br0nc0Buster
04-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Don't even try the empty cupboard nonsense. Even you said this team could play for a championship in two years.

Shanny did good with the offense
But on the defensive side Im afraid the cupboard was bare.

scttgrd
04-03-2009, 11:43 PM
I agree their should be no excuses and its about winning and should be. I doubt even the best drafter in the NFL could rebuild a lousy lousy D in one year. I think he deserves 3 yrs.

Miami and Atlanta turned it around in one year, now it's McDaniels turn. Can he do what others have already?

Br0nc0Buster
04-03-2009, 11:44 PM
12 new free agents and 10 draft pics, thats damn near half an opening day roster in one year. If thats not enough cahnge to get to the playoffs like Miami and Atlanta did then I see a problem.

Even with those additions our defense isnt going to be "good", I am just hoping it wont suck.

We are still going to have our hands full trying to stop people.

Oh and I doubt Miami makes the playoffs this year

NFLBRONCO
04-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Miami and Atlanta turned it around in one year, now it's McDaniels turn. Can he do what others have already?

I wouldn't confuse our D with either of those teams D's that helps with faster turnarounds.

scttgrd
04-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Miami went from 1-15 to the playoffs in a tough division. Atlanta went from 4-12 to the playoffs with a rookie QB. I don't think it's asking too much to do something similar. Don't start lowering the bar already.

NFLBRONCO
04-04-2009, 12:11 AM
Miami went from 1-15 to the playoffs in a tough division. Atlanta went from 4-12 to the playoffs with a rookie QB. I don't think it's asking too much to do something similar. Don't start lowering the bar already.

I don't see how you can expect to pull a Miami or Atl turnaround with an awful front 7. I'd love it to happen but, seems unrealistic right now.

MplsBronco
04-04-2009, 12:29 AM

Let me guess, you were probably willing to give Shanny 10 more but you will give McD only 2.

All I want to see is improvement in this team and I don't think that is too much to ask. The D and special teams can't get much worse and I want to see a more efficient offense. I don't care about yardage.

lex
04-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Let me guess, you were probably willing to give Shanny 10 more but you will give McD only 2.

All I want to see is improvement in this team and I don't think that is too much to ask. The D and special teams can't get much worse and I want to see a more efficient offense. I don't care about yardage.

OK, that means 9-7 and he just lost his QB due to his own mismanagement.

scttgrd
04-04-2009, 12:44 AM

Nope, it was time to make a change. I was actually shocked Bowlen had the balls to do it. Now we have a new coach and he is handpicking his players. He has everthing any coach could ask for to build a team the way he wants. What us as fans don't want to hear are more excuses as to why it doesn't get done.