montrose
04-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Fyi

UberBroncoMan
04-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Please give us the 411 on what he says.

Tankgunner95
04-03-2009, 05:20 PM
was that a shot at cutler saying orton is a proven winner going 15 and two at home.

UberBroncoMan
04-03-2009, 05:23 PM
was that a shot at cutler saying orton is a proven winner going 15 and two at home.

Marshall and Cutler were not the BEST BUDDIES that some people think.

Cutler was nice to him and helped him. But they really didn't "like" each other. They did nothing together at the Pro-Bowl. Cutler was always around Clady, Weigmann, Royal, or Scheffler. Cutler honestly seemed like Marshall anoyed him. Part of me thinks Marshall is partially happy to see Cutler gone and Cutler vice versa... especially since Cutler is reunited with Earl Bennett in Chicago.

521 1N5
04-03-2009, 05:24 PM
"It means nothing to throw for 4500 yards and 25 touchdowns if you don't win"

-B Marsh

Broncosfreak_56
04-03-2009, 05:25 PM
"I'm going to take the lead of the guy with the rings."

Good quote.

montrose
04-03-2009, 05:25 PM
"It means nothing to throw for 4500 yards and 25 touchdowns if you don't win"

-B Marsh

I caught that.

jayman_37
04-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Marshall sounded pissed

UberBroncoMan
04-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Marshall sounded pissed

Though I like Cutler.

He's probably pissed because he got the trash in his face for his troubles off the field. But after all of Cutler's team talk he basically didn't care enough about his teammates to show the **** up to camp and prove he played for them. He probably felt betrayed by Cutler, so I don't blame Marshall or his cheap shots at Cutler.

meangene
04-03-2009, 06:01 PM
What about the Cutler interview? He totally would not answer Rich Eisen on whether he requested a trade when Bates was let go. At the Chicago news conference he would not address McDaniel's assertion that he was told about the Cassel discussions that morning - he did not remember so long ago. Lombardi on NFLN said he did not believe he did not remember. Cutler told Eisen he would do some things differently but would not say what.

BroncoMan4ever
04-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Though I like Cutler.

He's probably pissed because he got the trash in his face for his troubles off the field. But after all of Cutler's team talk he basically didn't care enough about his teammates to show the **** up to camp and prove he played for them. He probably felt betrayed by Cutler, so I don't blame Marshall or his cheap shots at Cutler.

also, i think he is playing for a contract in Denver. he knows in this system(if it works) he can put up monster numbers and be known as one of the premeir receivers in the league. he probably wants to stay, so best to take the side of the man who will decide his fate. if he can keep his nose clean this year i think he will be re-signed

Bronx33
04-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Marshall sounded pissed

Pain medication was wearing off.

lex
04-03-2009, 06:11 PM
"I'm going to take the lead of the guy with the rings."

Good quote.

Thats really corny...kind of dumb. But I gotta say that Ive been impressed with Marshall in the couple of places he has surfaced today. He has really stepped up and has been a good Bronco where dealing with the trade is concerned. Meanwhile in Chicago, Cutlers acting like they have weapons like we do. I realize Cutlers circumstance requires some diplomacy but still. Now, all Marshall needs to do is stay out of trouble. Its really disappointing that he gets in trouble so much. He's one of the most charismatic guys on the team.

lex
04-03-2009, 06:13 PM

No, its that he has to live with another teammate. If Cutler were still here, he'd be saying the record isnt Cutlers fault.

broncofan2438
04-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Does anyone have a video?

s0phr0syne
04-03-2009, 06:24 PM
B. Marshall Interview- http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f992e3

Cutler NFLN Interview- http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f9926d

frerottenextelway
04-03-2009, 06:25 PM
What about the Cutler interview? He totally would not answer Rich Eisen on whether he requested a trade when Bates was let go. At the Chicago news conference he would not address McDaniel's assertion that he was told about the Cassel discussions that morning - he did not remember so long ago. Lombardi on NFLN said he did not believe he did not remember. Cutler told Eisen he would do some things differently but would not say what.

Sounds like he just wants to leave what he views as the circus behind.

Good luck to him, good luck to us. May the best team win. :)

s0phr0syne
04-03-2009, 06:28 PM
I've been a pretty big Cutler supporter through this whole McJaygate nonsense, but his insistence to dodge questions is rubbing me the wrong way. Maybe today's not the day, but eventually I believe the fans deserve to know what happened. I'm getting a better idea by the way that McD handled himself, and the way that Jay's handling himself.

It speaks volumes that Jay really had nothing substantial to say to the hypothetical 8 year old kid questions that Eisen posed. "Maybe when he grows up, he'll learn what it is to sell out" over what ultimately amounted to nothing.

broncofan2438
04-03-2009, 06:35 PM

Thanks

frerottenextelway
04-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I've been a pretty big Cutler supporter through this whole McJaygate nonsense, but his insistence to dodge questions is rubbing me the wrong way. Maybe today's not the day, but eventually I believe the fans deserve to know what happened. I'm getting a better idea by the way that McD handled himself, and the way that Jay's handling himself.

It speaks volumes that Jay really had nothing substantial to say to the hypothetical 8 year old kid questions that Eisen posed. "Maybe when he grows up, he'll learn what it is to sell out" over what ultimately amounted to nothing.

Remember Josh talking about Spygate when he got here? Just like that, he's selling himself to his new team's fans now.

meangene
04-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Remember Josh talking about Spygate when he got here? Just like that, he's selling himself to his new team's fans now.

No. He pretty much kept quiet hoping to work things out face to face with Cutler. Now, he is directly answering all the questions asked and setting the record straight. Cutler, on the other hand, looks like a deer in the headlights.

frerottenextelway
04-03-2009, 06:49 PM
No. He pretty much kept quiet hoping to work things out face to face with Cutler. Now, he is directly answering all the questions asked and setting the record straight. Cutler, on the other hand, looks like a deer in the headlights.

When he got here, Josh refused to answer questions regarding Spygate. Leaving the controversies behind to the new fanbase who really just don't care about them. You think Bears fans care about this?

meangene
04-03-2009, 07:00 PM
When he got here, Josh refused to answer questions regarding Spygate. Leaving the controversies behind to the new fanbase who really just don't care about them. You think Bears fans care about this?

Josh had no role in Spygate and it was years before he came to Denver. I do think the character of Cutler is of concern to at least some of the Bears' fanbase. There sure have been a lot of articles touching on it. McDaniels took a lot of bashing over what appears more and more to be misinformation. In my opinion, Spygate and McJaygate are apples and oranges.

frerottenextelway
04-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Josh had no role in Spygate and it was years before he came to Denver. I do think the character of Cutler is of concern to at least some of the Bears' fanbase. There sure have been a lot of articles touching on it. McDaniels took a lot of bashing over what appears more and more to be misinformation. In my opinion, Spygate and McJaygate are apples and oranges.

Josh was the OC when they were filming defensive hand signals. Who do you think they were filming defensive hand signals for?

My point is, Josh refused to talk about it and the story died in Denver. Nobody gives two ****s about that anymore. And McCutGate will be a dead story in the Chicago media by months end.

Drek
04-03-2009, 07:07 PM

So?

Cutler did interviews with national media too, not just a Chicago presser, and he still dodged questions left and right.

Josh just dodged spygate questions from Denver media, because Denver fans don't care. Anyone who followed sports radio the last few months know that this drama gained national interest, and fans of other teams have opinions and interest as to what actually happened.

Cutler was evasive to the point of sounding like he was hiding something.

But whatever. More importantly, if Marshall gets his off-field **** straight and he can be 100% healthy for the season he's going to be a beast in McDaniels' offense. Its all about setting up the WRs to make plays with the ball, and that is Marshall's best skill. Last year we tried to force it to him 15+ yards down field, letting him instead pick it up on 5-10 yard slants and curls then turn and crush guys to gain yac is the best use of his skills.

meangene
04-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Josh was the OC when they were filming defensive hand signals. Who do you think they were filming defensive hand signals for?

My point is, Josh refused to talk about it and the story died in Denver. Nobody gives two ****s about that anymore. And McCutGate will be a dead story in the Chicago media by months end.

Well, at least we can agree it will be a dead story by month's end.

hambone13
04-03-2009, 08:23 PM
So?

Cutler did interviews with national media too, not just a Chicago presser, and he still dodged questions left and right.

Josh just dodged spygate questions from Denver media, because Denver fans don't care. Anyone who followed sports radio the last few months know that this drama gained national interest, and fans of other teams have opinions and interest as to what actually happened.

Cutler was evasive to the point of sounding like he was hiding something.

He's handling himself as he should have from the beginning. Don't pounce on him now, it's over. I think he's learned a lesson about what involving the media can do.

Drek
04-03-2009, 08:46 PM
He's handling himself as he should have from the beginning. Don't pounce on him now, it's over. I think he's learned a lesson about what involving the media can do.

No, he's acting like the spoiled kid who just got his way.

A weak attempt at being magnanimous with a few small jabs thrown in (Bears fans are more passionate than Broncos fans for instance).

I honestly don't know how anyone can defend him at this point. He's exposed himself as two faced, petulant, and entirely unrepentant about how he acted through all this. A comment like "I wish I'd handled a few things differently" doesn't mean **** if you don't back it up with owning up to your mistakes.

I'm quite happy to see him gone to be honest, he'll never be anything until he grows up and starts acting like an adult.

lex
04-03-2009, 08:49 PM
No, he's acting like the spoiled kid who just got his way.

A weak attempt at being magnanimous with a few small jabs thrown in (Bears fans are more passionate than Broncos fans for instance).

I honestly don't know how anyone can defend him at this point. He's exposed himself as two faced, petulant, and entirely unrepentant about how he acted through all this. A comment like "I wish I'd handled a few things differently" doesn't mean **** if you don't back it up with owning up to your mistakes.

I'm quite happy to see him gone to be honest, he'll never be anything until he grows up and starts acting like an adult.

Not really. Its not like he went out of his way to say this. Someone asked this at the tail end of the press conference.

Malcontent
04-03-2009, 08:49 PM
I like what BMarsh is saying....moving on...Kyle is a great guy and he is excited!! He is ready to get started with the new system.

bombay
04-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Wow. B Marsh was highly complimentary of his new QB and took a backhanded slap at Jay when he said it means nothing to throw for 4500 yards if you can't get the ball in the endzone.

Drek
04-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Not really. Its not like he went out of his way to say this. Someone asked this at the tail end of the press conference.

He was asked about dealing with the pressure of Bears fans and the like, he was never asked for a comparison between Bronco and Bear fans. He volunteered it.

Just like all his comments that McDaniels was a liar. He chose to go on the radio or give interviews where he said those things. A simple "no comment" shows a lot of maturity, and not intentionally lining yourself up for axe grinding interviews does too.

bronclvr
04-03-2009, 09:10 PM
I listened intently to Jay's interview, and before the interview I was trying to not judge who was being truthful or not, but Cutler's remarks "there's some things I'd do differently" and the refusal to expound on that comment said volumes to me-Jay is not being honest, and as much as it hurts to say it (and I will), see ya loser!

BigPlayShay
04-03-2009, 11:08 PM
So much for that split locker room theory...

Popps
04-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Wow, Marshall lit up when the subject of Orton came up. Said he talked to him and his father. Pretty big praise he laid out there, too.

Brandon either is pretty excited about getting him in Denver or a very good actor.

The last minute of that interview was pretty telling.

Popps
04-03-2009, 11:21 PM
I wish Marshall wasn't such a ****-up.

He doesn't even SOUND as stupid as most ball-players. In fact, he's fairly comfortable in front of the camera. I wouldn't be surprised if that's in his future, at some point.

But, the idiot has to keep his ass out of police cars from here out. Can't an agent, or a parent, or someone get control of this guy to tell him he has the world in his hands?

wandlc
04-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Wow. B Marsh was highly complimentary of his new QB and took a backhanded slap at Jay when he said it means nothing to throw for 4500 yards if you can't get the ball in the endzone.

Says the man who fumbled in the red zone or dropped the ball in the end zone how many times last year?

Drek
04-04-2009, 04:58 AM

He doesn't even SOUND as stupid as most ball-players. In fact, he's fairly comfortable in front of the camera. I wouldn't be surprised if that's in his future, at some point.

But, the idiot has to keep his ass out of police cars from here out. Can't an agent, or a parent, or someone get control of this guy to tell him he has the world in his hands?

There was a pretty well sourced article a few years back that Marshall's father has at least once threatened to ruin his NFL career if Brandon didn't give him what he wanted. So from the sounds of it he's got a pretty screwed up example for half his parental unit.

Hopefully the new coaching regime's desire to hold players accountable gets through to Brandon off the field as well. He could be an all time great if he'd just get that sorted.

lostknight
04-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Cutler's handling it the way he needs to (become the bears new coach), McDaniels is handling it the way he needs to (defend his bonehead job as a GM).

Even if McDaniel's wanted cutler gone, having to settle for Orton instead of Cassel is a mistake.

theAPAOps5
04-04-2009, 09:20 AM

His father is one of the reasons he has issues. I believe his father was not a good role model at all.

Rabb
04-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Says the man who fumbled in the red zone or dropped the ball in the end zone how many times last year?

are you being serious?

that is apples and oranges

Spider
04-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Watch this interview , then go back and Watch Olsens of Da Bears .......:rofl:
as i said in the Olsen thread , watching him is like watching the wife when we make love ....... controlled enthusiasm

Popps
04-04-2009, 11:18 AM
His father is one of the reasons he has issues. I believe his father was not a good role model at all.

Haven't heard this stuff about his dad, but it somewhat makes sense. Guys who have trouble with how they treat women are generally just passing down that behavior, if you believe psychologists.

Something isn't right with the guy, and it's more than just not being that bright. I've accused him of being stupid, but if you listen to him speak, he's really not. His actions are, though... of course.

I hope he pulls it together. I haven't heard anything lately about him being suspended or not.

rastaman
04-04-2009, 11:50 AM

The analyst on NFL Network who have said that McDaniels initiated trade talks and when confronted by Cutler on trading him, McDaniels lied about the entire incident. That started the trust issue. The players in the Bronco locker room know they can't really trust McDaniels.....but for the sake of their careers they gotta find a way to make the best of it. If they win in the end then so be it.

What McDaniels need to realize is that both players and fans take on a wolf pack mentality, the pack leader (the HC) must keep the pack happy by keeping them well fed with victories! Should the HC proves he can't keep the bellies of the wolf pack filled with wins, the pack will turn on the HC and tear him apart! There is no room for compassion and patients when the wolf pack ain't being feed any wins. Same rule applies to Cutler, should he stink up Soldier Field with his pouting and throwing interceptions in the red zone with the outcome a lost.....the Bears Fans will let him know about it.

Also, McDaniels told Cutler he could not guarantee over the next 3 years whether Cutler will be a Bronco!....meaning the pursuit of Cassel was still on McD's mind.

You don't tell your franchise QB, that over the last 3 years remaining on his contract he could be traded. What Cutler basically told McD is that he can't guarantee he wants to be a Bronco over the next 3 years. I say thats a fair trade off.

The HC and the owner have just realized they are not the only entities that can treat the NFL as a Business.....Players can also play the business hand as well.

Now Cutler must go to Chicago and prove he can win. McDaniels must prove he can win in Denver find another franchise QB and prove that he can turn 4 first rnd draft picks over the next 2 years into eventual starters/pro bowl players. So I'd say both player and coach has their work cut out for themselves.

rastaman
04-04-2009, 11:58 AM

Don't worry Popps you and other overly judgemental fans have got one or two more years to continue to berate and show your contempt for Marshall. It won't be long before BMarsh is your whipping boy the same way Cutler has been.......and then BMarsh will move on to another team; perhaps even to reunite with Cutler as a Bear.

Don't worry Popps the Broncos are closer to matching the image of what you believe the Broncos should be than you realize! I can't wait to see what the Broncos players will look like once they are the image of what Popps think they should be.

p7superfly
04-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Marshall's hand is still screwed up.

I like the little shots at Cutler.

Grab Crabtree if he's there at 12.

We should tamper, and tell Cassel not to sign a new contract with the Chiefs - and we'll nab him next year.

Popps
04-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Don't worry Popps you and other overly judgemental fans have got one or two more years to continue to berate and show your contempt for Marshall. It won't be long before BMarsh is your whipping boy the same way Cutler has been.......and then BMarsh will move on to another team; perhaps even to reunite with Cutler as a Bear.

Don't worry Popps the Broncos are closer to matching the image of what you believe the Broncos should be than you realize! I can't wait to see what the Broncos players will look like once they are the image of what Popps think they should be.

ROFL!

Oh boy. Someone get sister a tissue.

Popps
04-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Marshall's hand is still screwed up.

I like the little shots at Cutler.

Grab Crabtree if he's there at 12.

We should tamper, and tell Cassel not to sign a new contract with the Chiefs - and we'll nab him next year.

There may be a couple of tempting WR options at 12 or 18. But, I'm hoping we play it safe, and just grab the best defensive talent available, at that point.
We have too much foundation work to do, imo.

oubronco
04-04-2009, 12:10 PM

well hell no he don't want to be shipped off to another team too

p7superfly
04-04-2009, 12:17 PM
There may be a couple of tempting WR options at 12 or 18. But, I'm hoping we play it safe, and just grab the best defensive talent available, at that point.
We have too much foundation work to do, imo.

I agree. But if Crabtree slips - you have to pull the trigger. That O-Line with Crabtree, B-Marsh, Royal, Stokely and Scheffler/ Graham ... with new pass catching running backs...

This could be a QB paradise.

I just think we have a ton of linebackers/ ends who might pan out. We've got Andra Davis and DJ probably in the middle, with Woodyard on the weak side... Dumervil, Moss, many others could be good for a year.

Point is, we should end up with someone sweet at 12. Just catch whoever falls.

rastaman
04-04-2009, 12:40 PM
ROFL!

Oh boy. Someone get sister a tissue.

Hi Popps....you're a fine example of an Arm Chair QB and truly a legend in your own mind.:sunshine:

meangene
04-04-2009, 03:13 PM
The analyst on NFL Network who have said that McDaniels initiated trade talks and when confronted by Cutler on trading him, McDaniels lied about the entire incident. That started the trust issue. The players in the Bronco locker room know they can't really trust McDaniels.....but for the sake of their careers they gotta find a way to make the best of it. If they win in the end then so be it.

What McDaniels need to realize is that both players and fans take on a wolf pack mentality, the pack leader (the HC) must keep the pack happy by keeping them well fed with victories! Should the HC proves he can't keep the bellies of the wolf pack filled with wins, the pack will turn on the HC and tear him apart! There is no room for compassion and patients when the wolf pack ain't being feed any wins. Same rule applies to Cutler, should he stink up Soldier Field with his pouting and throwing interceptions in the red zone with the outcome a lost.....the Bears Fans will let him know about it.

Also, McDaniels told Cutler he could not guarantee over the next 3 years whether Cutler will be a Bronco!....meaning the pursuit of Cassel was still on McD's mind.

You don't tell your franchise QB, that over the last 3 years remaining on his contract he could be traded. What Cutler basically told McD is that he can't guarantee he wants to be a Bronco over the next 3 years. I say thats a fair trade off.

The HC and the owner have just realized they are not the only entities that can treat the NFL as a Business.....Players can also play the business hand as well.

Now Cutler must go to Chicago and prove he can win. McDaniels must prove he can win in Denver find another franchise QB and prove that he can turn 4 first rnd draft picks over the next 2 years into eventual starters/pro bowl players. So I'd say both player and coach has their work cut out for themselves.

The point is that all along we had been fed a version of events which had Cutler not being told he was mentioned in trade talks. Turns out, he was told the very day it happened according to McD and Cutler would not refute that. Said he couldn't remember it was so long ago. He also would not refute that he had asked for a trade back when Bates was fired.

As for guaranteeing Cutler he would be the QB in Denver for the length of his contract, no one can make those kinds of promises. If the right deal comes along, anybody could be traded. That was what Cutler was told. Maybe he didn't like not having his a** kissed, but that is the reality of the business. Grow up, kid! The deal which Denver was approached with was not a straight up Cassel for Cutler deal. There were additional draft picks involved coming our way. We will probably never know what exactly, but you have to consider any offers that may improve your team. What is becoming clear is that Cutler wanted out a long time before these trade discussions came about. He and his agent simply tried to use the situation for either good p.r., a new contract, or both.

I don't see the team being divided over this situation. Where a pack has problems is when the hierarchy is confused or disrupted. Wolf packs understand clearly who is alpha and who is not. Clearly, any confusion that may have been caused by the Cutler situation is over. McDaniels is the top dog and it is his pack. I think the team respects that. Now, it's his job to keep that respect by being successful.

Cam07
04-04-2009, 03:22 PM

That would be a pretty sweet deal. We got more compensation for Cutler than we would have with the Cassel trade and still end up with Cassel. That's a dream.

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 03:23 PM

See heres the problem jay made himself the whipping boy he alienated himself and marshall is doing the same thing so you have to ask yourself do these two guys deserve the criticism they have generated for themselves? or should folks say nothing and allow these players that are payed millions to run around unhindered?

Do me a favor rastaman ( don't have any kids) if your not going hold them responsiable for their own actions and all the flack that comes with it that creates little brats.

lazarus4444
04-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Marshall's face just lit up when Orton was mentioned and he took digs at Cutler. Sounds like Orton is the anti-cutler as far as being a team player and a leader. I'm excited to see what 'team first' brings to dove valley.

wandlc
04-04-2009, 04:34 PM
After this whole mess has finally ended the only ones throwing former teammates/players under the bus are the Broncos players and management.

Popps
04-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Marshall's face just lit up when Orton was mentioned and he took digs at Cutler. Sounds like Orton is the anti-cutler as far as being a team player and a leader. I'm excited to see what 'team first' brings to dove valley.

Even if he's just a solid back-up and a fan-favorite, that's worth a middle round pick, which is essentially what he amounted to in the trade.

It'll be fun to see if either of these QBs pan out.

DB-Freak
04-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Im just amazed that he was able to play so well after getting his arm lacerated like that.

I don't think people really know the how serious the injury was.

cabronco
04-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Pain medication was wearing off.

LOL ^5

Tombstone RJ
04-04-2009, 08:42 PM

I think there's a world of difference between these two interviews. Let me say, I'm lovn' BMarsh the more I see him under media pressure. He just knows the right things to say. As for Jay's interview, eh, he just seems happy it's over. He's not saying much but what he is saying is pretty telling.