PDA

View Full Version : cutler: bears fans more passionate than denver fans

tsiguy96
04-03-2009, 03:19 PM
anyone still agree that he is in the right in all this? he clearly made his decision not to be a bronco a long time ago.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-03-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm passionate that I had blinders on and ignored what a ****ing douche this guy really is.

Taco John
04-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Meh. He grew up a Bears fan. He's talking to Bear's fans now. What else is he going to say?

skpac1001
04-03-2009, 03:24 PM
He might learn something about passion from Broncos fans in a few months when Bears play us preseason at home.

521 1N5
04-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Cutler supporters: "Tell me how my ass tastes"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBh5dvSbgLM

Br0nc0Buster
04-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Did he really say that?

lol....what a joke

Losing a probowl qb stings, but the fact he is a douchebag helps a little

Rohirrim
04-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Meh. He grew up a Bears fan. He's talking to Bear's fans now. What else is he going to say?

Still defending the douche? :pity:

skpac1001
04-03-2009, 03:30 PM

Looks like he is trying to prove Cutler is right.

Taco John
04-03-2009, 03:30 PM

Sure. The outcome doesn't change my view that McDaniels mishandled the situation, and that in Jay Cutler's postion, most people would have done the same thing that he did. It is what it is. We cut our losses and move on. I could care less what he says at this point. He's living his dream come true as the QB of the team he grew up rooting for, and we get a chance to rebuild the team from scratch.

Punisher
04-03-2009, 03:31 PM
IceCreamheadache22
lol I cant believe they traded Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton that was a rip off to the Broncos lol GO BEARS!!!

We just got f'ed in the A

rastaman
04-03-2009, 03:32 PM
anyone still agree that he is in the right in all this? he clearly made his decision not to be a bronco a long time ago.

Come on Dude!....you're one of the Cutler Haters and have been calling him pussy, cry baby, sissy, little girl and when Cutler fires back and calls you unpassionate as a fan---you have the nerve to be pissed off! Perhaps Cutler should have shot you and the rest the Cutler haters the "Middle Finger"! :thumbsup: Would that make you feel better or inspire your hate even more?

TheReverend
04-03-2009, 03:32 PM
oh jesus christ.

scttgrd
04-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Well look how fast the fans turned on him the second hoodie Jr. decided he wanted him gone, whiplash baby.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Sure. The outcome doesn't change my view that McDaniels mishandled the situation, and that in Jay Cutler's postion, most people would have done the same thing that he did. It is what it is. We cut our losses and move on. I could care less what he says at this point. He's living his dream come true as the QB of the team he grew up rooting for, and we get a chance to rebuild the team from scratch.

Its like yuo have stockholm syndrome.

I'm still in the camp that says 98 percent of all this is Cutler's fault. Blaming it on McDaniels and the front office for doing something thats common place in the NFL is ridiculous

Los Broncos
04-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Whatever, he didn't want to be in Denver in the first place, cut our losses.

521 1N5
04-03-2009, 03:36 PM

Come on - Think he would admit to being wrong about how Cutler truly feels? He's not that passionate.

no-pseudo-fan
04-03-2009, 03:37 PM
That is just cold. I am a huge bronco's fan, and for someone to say that other fans are more passionate than I am is a slap in the face.

rastaman
04-03-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm passionate that I had blinders on and ignored what a ****ing douche this guy really is.

You still have blinders on b/c you blindly follow the 3 Stooges (Bowlen-Xanders and McLiar).

tsiguy96
04-03-2009, 03:39 PM

tell me what is wrong with fielding a call for a player on the team if you think the compensation for that player can help improve the overall team? please, answer this?

the trade didnt even get close to materializing either.

Shoemaker
We just got f'ed in the A

Well, if the fan you quoted was right and we actually traded Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton straight up, sure, we would have gotten "f'ed in the A."

Luckily that quote's a lie and we traded Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton and a boatload of picks.

Also, it really didn't take Jay long to turn on Broncos fans at all. Classy. I wonder if he ever even LIKED the team or the fans.

Taco John

I'm still in the camp that says 98 percent of all this is Cutler's fault. Blaming it on McDaniels and the front office for doing something thats common place in the NFL is ridiculous

I wouldn't want to work for anybody who I thought was lying to me either. I'm pretty big on trust.

See my thread:
Understanding Jay Cutler's position in two quotes... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78380)

Despite the outcome, I still think Jay was more or less sincere that he felt lied to. I think once that happened, pandora's box was opened. I believe McDaniels handeled it poorly, but in the end, he got a learning experience. Cutler is gone, so the only thing that I can hope for is that McDaniels learns from the experience, and at the end of the day, the Broncos improve.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Sorry Cutler defenders. Jay was unmoved by your constant slurping, and does not think you're passionate enough.

Taco John
tell me what is wrong with fielding a call for a player on the team if you think the compensation for that player can help improve the overall team? please, answer this?

Nothing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, and I've said so many times.

Gcver2ver3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBh5dvSbgLM

........:rofl: ......

SonOfLe-loLang
04-03-2009, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't want to work for anybody who I thought was lying to me either. I'm pretty big on trust.

See my thread:
Understanding Jay Cutler's position in two quotes... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78380)

Despite the outcome, I still think Jay was more or less sincere that he felt lied to. I think once that happened, pandora's box was opened. I believe McDaniels handeled it poorly, but in the end, he got a learning experience. Cutler is gone, so the only thing that I can hope for is that McDaniels learns from the experience, and at the end of the day, the Broncos improve.

Yes, lesson learned if Josh ever wants to become a kindergarten teacher.

tsiguy96

See my thread:

mcdaniels said in his presser he tried to tell jay about the cassell trade as it was happening. when asked this question, jay cutler dodged it, saying he doesnt remember or something.

now, was cutler looking for a way out because his butt buddy bates is gone?

Popps

Actually, a respectful adult would pay kind words to the fans who spent their hard earned money on his jerseys, football tickets and took their kids to see him play.

But, Jay isn't an respectful adult. He's a douche-bag child.

Then again, I've been saying this for how long, now? It's been clear from the beginning that this c### didn't want to be a Bronco. Seeing the "fans" around here still riding is dick is just embarrassing.

lex
04-03-2009, 03:44 PM
He might learn something about passion from Broncos fans in a few months when Bears play us preseason at home.

When Denver played here (in Chicago) in 2007, there were tons of Broncos fans. Denver is, what, 1/6th the size of Chicago and its not like its right down the road either. I would say that my section was 30-40% Broncos fans.

Taco is right though. Its also worth pointing out that when he said that he referred to the history of the teams. The Bears were founded in the 1920s and the Broncos began in 1960. Im not sure how that factors into that answer but somehow he used that as a basis for comparison.

rastaman
04-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Well look how fast the fans turned on him the second hoodie Jr. decided he wanted him gone, whiplash baby.

The fans were the last to realize that you had a 32 year old and a 26 year old who were too young-inexperience-immature to fully understand the art of negotiation-mediation-and compromise.

summerdenver
04-03-2009, 03:46 PM
oh jesus christ.

They have no intention of letting it go Rev.

Be prepared for threads like I saw urlacher sitting on the bench when Jay was sacked - he must hate Jay because he was always stood up when orton got sacked or some such crap.

Rohirrim
04-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Now let's look at how Jason Campbell acted through the last few weeks of frenzy...
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=83780&catid=159

Just for contrast.

skpac1001
04-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Now let's look at how Jason Campbell acted through the last few weeks of frenzy...
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=83780&catid=159

Just for contrast.

You forget... Jay has a strong arm! If he acts unprofessionally, its justified. This guy has no Jay arm so comparisons are pointless.

outdoor_miner
04-03-2009, 03:52 PM

How about, "I'm really sad for the way it ended in Denver, especially for the fans who supported me for the last 3 years... Now, I'm looking forward to playing in Chicago." That's what a person with any semblance of self awareness would say.

I honestly don't even care if he thinks Bears fans are more passionate. Whatever... Although, don't kid yourself that he's just sucking up to the new fans... He has demonstrated time and again that he has no desire or ability to be PC or say the "right" thing... Yelling at teammates, criticizing the defense, etc. He's a "straight shooter".

All in all, throughout this whole ordeal he's shown himself to be a world class, "entitled", spoiled a-hole. Even when everything went down, he said he loves playing for his teammates, never once mentioning the people who enable him to the ridiculous lifestyle of a professional athlete.

Bye bye Jay. :welcome:

rastaman
Actually, a respectful adult would pay kind words to the fans who spent their hard earned money on his jerseys, football tickets and took their kids to see him play.

Then again, I've been saying this for how long, now? It's been clear from the beginning that this c### didn't want to be a Bronco. Seeing the "fans" around here still riding is dick is just embarrassing.

Would these be the same fans who were calling Cutler, baby, panzie, and sissy? Would these be the same fans who made jokes about Cutlers diabetes?
Would these be the same fans who have wished and are hoping that Cutler suffers a career ending injury? Are these the respectful passionate fans you speak of.....please give it a break.

I say we do have Bronco fans who show alot of compassion for hate and ill-will!!

Speaking of riding someone's dick.....you and your ilk sure don't mind riding the dicks of the 3 Stooges (Bowlen-McLiar-Xanders) and do so with pride.

Hotrod
LMAO yep he is going to find out just how passionate they can be when he ****s up a couple of times.

Enjoy that **** you douche

DarkHorse30
04-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Bowlen made the correct move, and the decision may not have been as adversarial as was made out in the press. I think it's much more important that the team understands that the new HC and GM aren't interested in whiny babies.

Because of this big charade Cutler and the Broncos discovered how much value he actually had. I'm guessing that both sides found out that it was more than they figured.

Cutler has a great arm, but I'm not sure what else. His attitude is juvenile (even for a pro athlete)...anybody catch him on "miked up"? He acted like he was 12. And his last drive in the probowl was a horrible performance. I found it strange when the announcers tried to cover his ass by saying the weather was affecting his beetus.

TonyR
04-03-2009, 03:56 PM
...in Jay Cutler's postion, most people would have done the same thing that he did.

Really? I'm sorry for you that your standards are so low. Interesting that we have two very recent examples of very similar situations which were handled completely the opposite way.

eddie mac
04-03-2009, 03:59 PM
This may well be a blessing for all those poor little Bronco fans who cant seem to shake the aftertaste of Cutler's **** juice off their tongues.

Reality check people, he couldn't give a rats ass about you so dont waste your precious time on him.

lex
04-03-2009, 04:00 PM

"Around here"? Do you mean Los Angeles? Because actually, the influx of all the left coasters over the last 20 years has diluted the fanbase in Denver. Our fanbase isnt as organic as it once was in Denver.

vailitaliano319
04-03-2009, 04:01 PM
IF the gutless son of a bitch shows up August 30th he will get a real good idea about how passionate broncos fans are when for the first time ever a preseason game will be sold out and batteries will be thrown for the first time at a player on a team other than the raiders.

Go **** yourself Jay Cutler

gotfredson
04-03-2009, 04:06 PM
IF the gutless son of a b**** shows up August 30th he will get a real good idea about how passionate broncos fans are when for the first time ever a preseason game will be sold out and batteries will be thrown for the first time at a player on a team other than the raiders.

Double A or D's?

NYBronc
04-03-2009, 04:13 PM
I love Rich Eisen. "So Jay, what do you tell the kid in Denver why you left and now have that C on your helmet?"

The look on Cutler's face was Priceless.

RaiderH8r
04-03-2009, 04:14 PM
IF the gutless son of a b**** shows up August 30th he will get a real good idea about how passionate broncos fans are when for the first time ever a preseason game will be sold out and batteries will be thrown for the first time at a player on a team other than the raiders.

That's what I love about this whole thing, the devolution of the Broncos into the Raiders...from FO bungling right down to douchebag "fans" hurling batteries at the opposition. Not quite NFC East material but you're on your way.

tsiguy96
04-03-2009, 04:14 PM
cutler would not talk about the situation at all he just kept saying "we needed to go separate ways"

can you make it more obvious this is YOUR fault cutler? he literally cannot deflect any blame onto the organization, there is nothing he can say. he might as well say i did not want to be a denver bronco so i forced my way out.

RaiderH8r
04-03-2009, 04:17 PM
I guess the McKid apologists have to have their villain. The mental gymnastics continue, delude themselves into believing Orton isn't that Kyle Orton...the one from Chicago and that Jay is Snidley Whiplash when this whole situation came about because McKid can't go anywhere without his security binky and bag full of bullsh3T.

I suppose going 2-4 in the division next year will be "part of the growing process".

Bronx33
04-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Come on Dude!....you're one of the Cutler Haters and have been calling him p***Y, cry baby, sissy, little girl and when Cutler fires back and calls you unpassionate as a fan---you have the nerve to be pissed off! Perhaps Cutler should have shot you and the rest the Cutler haters the "Middle Finger"! :thumbsup: Would that make you feel better or inspire your hate even more?

Do you understand anything?

gunns
04-03-2009, 04:21 PM

While I agree that Cutler hasn't wanted to be here since Shanahan and he's behaved like a two year old, I will not agree that because lying is common place in the NFL, that excuses McDaniels either. There is nothing right about lying and this was not just a case of being contacted about your QB and just saying no. Whoever believes that has blinders on, Stockholm syndrome, whatever you want to call it. This was handled poorly by two supposed men and both come out smelling like dog crap. Business is business, lying is only resorted to when you know you've done something wrong.

I guess the McKid apologists have to have their villain. The mental gymnastics continue, delude themselves into believing Orton isn't that Kyle Orton...the one from Chicago and that Jay is Snidley Whiplash when this whole situation came about because McKid can't go anywhere without his security binky and bag full of bullsh3T.

I suppose going 2-4 in the division next year will be "part of the growing process".

Many of them gave the same rope to Shanahan for 10 years, to Plummer for too many years. No one has come out smelling like a rose in this, I abhor lying and both did just that.

frerottenextelway
04-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Passion, both franchises are probably about the same. Both are top 10 with neither touching the likes of Pittsburgh or Green Bay. Bears probably do have a wider fanbase than Denver being an older franchise.

SoDak Bronco
04-03-2009, 04:30 PM
I blame Obama that fricking bastard, he is from chicago, this is all his fault

elsid13
04-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Like any bad break-up there are multiply stages:

1. First loss of trust and communication
2. The attempt to "fix" it
3. The final decision to "move" on
4. The turn to hatred when you see that person with someone else, and take every move as personal insult
5. Then the healing process

Looks like some of the fan base is at stage 4.

frerottenextelway
04-03-2009, 04:34 PM

4. The turn to hatred when you see that person with someone else, and take every move as personal insult

:notworthy

Bronx33
04-03-2009, 04:35 PM

A bunch of folks will be stuck on #3 for a couple years blaming every loss or use this trade as a scapegoat/excuse for anything that happens.

outdoor_miner
04-03-2009, 04:35 PM

It would appear that you're still at stage 0... Denial. "Me and Jay aren't really broken up... He just needs a little time to sort through his feeling..."

lex
04-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Passion, both franchises are probably about the same. Both are top 10 with neither touching the likes of Pittsburgh or Green Bay. Bears probably do have a wider fanbase than Denver being an older franchise.

I dont know. The Broncos fanbase has changed over the years due to a massive influx of people moving there. So the connection between the fanbase and the team (%-wise) has been somewhat diluted. In the 80s the Broncos had a fan base just as strong as green bay. The further back you go, the more organic the fanbase was with regard to the sellout streak. Not as many people have been moving to Pittsburgh or Green Bay in recent years. Recently I saw Denver was rated as the best city in which to live (yes it beat San Diego)...but there has been a tradeoff. It sucks because Im more connected to the time when it was more organic. I moved away around the time the influx became really noticeable. My uncle complains about this and I agree but Ive noticed it as well.

gunns
04-03-2009, 04:37 PM
mcdaniels said in his presser he tried to tell jay about the cassell trade as it was happening. when asked this question, jay cutler dodged it, saying he doesnt remember or something.

now, was cutler looking for a way out because his butt buddy bates is gone?

And you bought that from McDaniels? LOL What is that, his 20th version of what happened? I'm wondering on what scale people measure McDaniels lies versus Cutlers lies. Seems there is no distinction to me.

Taco John
04-03-2009, 04:38 PM
If you asked Meck77 he'd probably agree with Jay on this point. He's been saying this for years now.

Rock Chalk
04-03-2009, 04:39 PM

I didnt reach any of those steps.

I pretty much hated Cutler all along. His game against Florida for a chance to go to Vandys first bowl in forever was all the info I needed to pass my judgement on him.

Choker.

Big game, biggest moment, throws an interception. Season over.

Fast forward to 2008. 3 game division lead, 1 game to win the division and finally make the post season.

Choke.

Home Choke.

Biggest Choke Ever.

Bronx33
04-03-2009, 04:43 PM
And you bought that from McDaniels? LOL What is that, his 20th version of what happened? I'm wondering on what scale people measure McDaniels lies versus Cutlers lies. Seems there is no distinction to me.

It just seems with everything that has gone down with the coaching transition and everything that followed it kinda looks like a spoiled runt was running the show (i wanna stay, i wanna go ect ect) but if you ask me this all came to a head when bates got canned. Jay went wacko and bus saw a chance to move his player and cash in hes a agent he don't give a **** about the fans or the broncos just the $. It kinda explains all the bizarre shyt that went down cause bus didn't really care what happened he knew a pay day is coming.

Bronx33
04-03-2009, 04:45 PM

I pretty much hated Cutler all along. His game against Florida for a chance to go to Vandys first bowl in forever was all the info I needed to pass my judgement on him.

Choker.

Fast forward to 2008. 3 game division lead, 1 game to win the division and finally make the post season.

Choke.

Home Choke.

Biggest Choke Ever.

You hardass alec! i bet you kill all the bugs your wife runs into huh :clown:

Ratboy
04-03-2009, 04:50 PM

You still defend McDaniels.

Even.

frerottenextelway
04-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I dont know. The Broncos fanbase has changed over the years due to a massive influx of people moving there. So the connection between the fanbase and the team (%-wise) has been somewhat diluted. In the 80s the Broncos had a fan base just as strong as green bay. The further back you go, the more organic the fanbase was with regard to the sellout streak. Not as many people have been moving to Pittsburgh or Green Bay in recent years. Recently I saw Denver was rated as the best city in which to live (yes it beat San Diego)...but there has been a tradeoff. It sucks because Im more connected to the time when it was more organic. I moved away around the time the influx became really noticeable. My uncle complains about this and I agree but Ive noticed it as well.

Well, look at our 2005 home playoff game against Pittsburgh and what that crowd looked like. I live in western PA, some of my friends went to that game. It is what it is.

Kaylore
04-03-2009, 04:53 PM

Oh I don't know. How about not putting down the fans of his old place? Maybe talk about how he wants to work hard, for example.

"I couldn't wait to get out here and get to know the guys first and foremost," "And then dive headfirst into learning a new system.""I've taken the same approach my entire and that is, my job description is to win football games," he said. "And I've done a pretty good job of that and I plan to keep that up. I'm a hard worker. I'm not flashy by any means but my job is to play football and win and I plan to do that."

Or maybe go the Dawkins route. I don't know.

521 1N5
04-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Maybe the wine and cheese crowd/M******* have ruined our image in the seats...But why even say that? There are a lot of hardcore Bronco fans that rival any teams fans in the league in my opinion.

Bronx33
04-03-2009, 04:56 PM
wow taco apparently you are ruining our image. (hello mouth the foot is coming)

elsid13
04-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Since this internet exactly what did Cutler say? I know we don't need any facts, but I am wondering where it was said and in what context.

DB Doom
04-03-2009, 05:21 PM

your my hero

sorry. but i had to tell ya

ND Bronco Fan
04-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Double A or D's?

I like my batteries like I like my women.........D's of course

elsid13
04-03-2009, 06:10 PM
OK I watch Cutler press conference on ESPN NEWs and all I heard was Chicago fans were very passionate. Where did he say anything about a Denver's fan base???

Bronx33
04-03-2009, 06:22 PM
OK I watch Cutler press conference on ESPN NEWs and all I heard was Chicago fans were very passionate. Where did he say anything about a Denver's fan base???

guess you missed it.

Circle Orange
04-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I want to stick a pin in his face pouch and watch it explode. :pfbbt:

Circle Orange
04-03-2009, 06:41 PM

LOL, Popps, there's a problem in that patch of words there...I'll let you figure it out!

lex
04-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Well, look at our 2005 home playoff game against Pittsburgh and what that crowd looked like. I live in western PA, some of my friends went to that game. It is what it is.

This is kind of what Im talking about. I dont think that would have really happened 20 years before, even if the internet had existed. I remember when Denver first went to the SB with Elway. It was like Christmas but people had up Broncos decorations. The impression I have is that its not as much like that anymore. I think part of it is sense of a sense of community which has been eroded and things that were once less acceptable, now seem more ok...like selling your playoff tickets to the other team.

Rabb
04-03-2009, 06:48 PM
who ****ing cares?

lex
04-03-2009, 06:50 PM
who ****ing cares?

Check out the thread dude. In case you werent smart enough to realize, theres 3 pages of people caring. All you have to do is look around for your answer.

Natedog24
04-03-2009, 08:12 PM

Choker.

Choke.

Home Choke.

Biggest Choke Ever.

Meh you don't count, you never like anyone anyways Ha!