PDA

View Full Version : Orton already at work at Dove Valley

montrose
04-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Orton already at work at Dove Valley
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Go ahead, Broncoland. Talk from the morning coffee to soothing nightcap about the physical talent differences between Jay Cutler and Kyle Orton.

Whatever those opinions, say this for Orton: At least he's already made it inside the building.

The Broncos' newly acquired quarterback after he was swapped Thursday along with a cache' of draft picks from the Chicago Bears in exchange for the disgruntled Cutler, Orton flew in from Chicago this morning and shortly after Jack Cutler walked into the team's headquarters to turn his son's playbook at the reception desk got busy at Dove Valley. Orton passed his physical (his right ankle injury from last season was examined thoroughly), talked with his two new receivers, Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal, and spent a few hours in meetings with head coach Josh McDaniels and the rest of the offensive staff.

No more drama about when the quarterback will show up. He's here. And early signs suggest Orton has no problem with his new head coach.

"I couldn't wait to get out here and get to know the guys first and foremost," Orton said in his first interview since the trade. "And then dive headfirst into learning a new system."

Dressed casually and looking younger than on TV thanks to shaving away his scruffy, game-day appearance, Orton, 26, was driving from his home in the Chicago suburb of Highland Park to the local grocery store Thursday afternoon when he received a call informing him he needed to see coach Lovie Smith at Halas Hall ASAP.

"No, I wasn't expecting it," Orton said. "I don't really pay attention to speculation. I'm not a guy who talks to may agent every day, either."

Orton is aware Chicago is excited about Cutler while Broncoland is uncertain about life without Cutler. How will Orton handle following not only Cutler, but the Cutler saga?

"I've taken the same approach my entire and that is, my job description is to win football games," he said. "And I've done a pretty good job of that and I plan to keep that up. I'm a hard worker. I'm not flashy by any means but my job is to play football and win and I plan to do that."

Orton was 21-12 as a starter with the Bears, including a 15-2 record at home. Cutler was 17-20 for the Broncos, 10-9 at home. Cutler was to hold his first news conference in Chicago today at 4 p.m. MST.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12065422

Hercules Rockefeller
04-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Cool

PRBronco
04-03-2009, 02:04 PM
I like him already! Kinda glad he ditched the neard.

Spider
04-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Wow ..........

Spider
04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
As i said ........ Morton .... He may not have Cutlers talent , but Dayummmmm he got a better tude

Rabb
04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
color me encouraged

telluride
04-03-2009, 02:07 PM
He may not be the second coming, but I like his attitude. We'll be fine. Team first. Pouty, drunk, diabetic prima donnas need not apply.

skpac1001
04-03-2009, 02:08 PM
If he doesn't succeed it won't be because of lack of character or effort.

Los Broncos
Good to hear and he did put up big numbers in college, we will see.

barryr
Orton will be a leader for this team, no doubt about it.

XXXII&III
04-03-2009, 02:09 PM
That's impressive. One thing about Joe Tiller's Purdue quarterbacks (Brees & Orton), is they are hard workers, they are total team players, and they keep their mouths shut. Ok that's three things. Not a contrast with Jay, just an observation that Tiller raises good kids.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-03-2009, 02:09 PM
That's awesome. 24 hours after being traded, he's already at work. That's just badass.

I want to buy him a jack and coke.

gyldenlove
04-03-2009, 02:12 PM
That's awesome. 24 hours after being traded, he's already at work. That's just badass.

I want to buy him a jack and coke.

Then you want to catch him before 4 pm, he switches to bourbon on the rocks after 4.

Did he grow arms or does he still have those shoestring noodles hanging out of his shirt sleeves?

Rohirrim
04-03-2009, 02:12 PM
You mean he didn't cry about being traded?

Rohirrim
04-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Then you want to catch him before 4 pm, he switches to bourbon on the rocks after 4.

Did he grow arms or does he still have those shoestring noodles hanging out of his shirt sleeves?

http://www.ehponline.org/docs/2005/113-2/crybaby.jpg

crowebomber
04-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Refreshing. I'm looking forward to this training camp with him and Simms throwing to Brandon and Eddie.

DenverBrit
04-03-2009, 02:15 PM

He did for 28 seconds, but he's over it. ;D

Punisher
04-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Epic Fail

XXXII&III
04-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Tears of joy, maybe. Remember, he almost played for CU - until Tiller got his hands on him.

Broncojef
04-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Nice, and so the building of a true team begins....

24champ
04-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Reminds me of a Jake Plummer attitude with Griese skills....could be interesting on sundays with this guy.

rbackfactory80
04-03-2009, 02:17 PM
He should just not report and ask for a new deal because of his record. I know thats what Cutler would have done.

Spider
04-03-2009, 02:18 PM
for the first time I was going to adopt a bronco ......... Orton , but I couldnt figure out how ........

BroncosinDC
04-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Will Cutler rent Orton his LODO party pad til he gets settled in?

SouthStndJunkie
04-03-2009, 02:20 PM
I hope the guy wins me over.

Spider
04-03-2009, 02:23 PM
A Rod Smith type as QB ........... Jay who ?

24champ
04-03-2009, 02:24 PM
I hope the guy wins me over.

I just went from "****ing Kyle Orton are you kidding me!?" to "hmmm this could be interesting"

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Cutler is a punk!!!! He had his daddy return the playbook?

Cutler is a friggin baby we are going to be so glad we dumped this moron. You watch people he's going to struggle to make pro bowls in Chicago.

Bad oline, bad wr and 2 yrs without a first round pick.

Rohirrim
04-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Already I love Orton's attitude. Go Boilermaker! !Booya!

Punisher
04-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Fired Shanny when all you need to do was tell him he can't be the GM no more,that's all you had to do then throw a $hit load of money at Rex Ryan.

Now we traded our Fran QB for Kyle Orton,and where stuck with a Rookie Head Coach.

By hey he Coach Matt Cassel to a good QB he worked with Tom Brady.WHATEVER

:Broncos: Epic Fail

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 02:28 PM
for the first time I was going to adopt a bronco ......... Orton , but I couldnt figure out how ........

I'll go with Simms and Orton. 2 young guys with a lot to prove. Cutler IMO got a big head, thinks he is better then he is, started comparing himself to Elway and Manning and totally lost it.

NFL historians will point to this and say that's were Cutler fracked his career.

He goes from a team that loves to throw the ball, a coach that loves to throw the ball, to a team that wins with defense, has a crappy oline, a crappy wr core and a coach that loves to run the ball.

Have fun Cutler.

Broncos were smart to deal him to Chicago. Hot in the summer like a mutha with high humidity. Enjoy Diabetic boy.

Spider
04-03-2009, 02:29 PM

Cutler is a friggin baby we are going to be so glad we dumped this moron. You watch people he's going to struggle to make pro bowls in Chicago.

Yeah no **** .......... Hey pops , I just quit dan , would you take my truck keys and pick up my check ........... my Dad would do it , but I would never ask

XXXII&III
04-03-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm wearing my Purdue sweatshirt today in Orton's honor! Boiler up

Spider
04-03-2009, 02:30 PM
I'll go with Simms and Orton. 2 young guys with a lot to prove. Cutler IMO got a big head, thinks he is better then he is, started comparing himself to Elway and Manning and totally lost it.

NFL historians will point to this and say that's were Cutler fracked his career.

He goes from a team that loves to throw the ball, a coach that loves to throw the ball, to a team that wins with defense, has a crappy oline, a crappy wr core and a coach that loves to run the ball.

Have fun Cutler.

hell yeah

24champ
04-03-2009, 02:30 PM

I wouldn't say that...he has a good RB, ok offensive line, big targets to throw to in the redzone. He'll be fine. Orton threw for 3,000 something yards last year.

Spider
04-03-2009, 02:31 PM
I am excited now for the draft , and I am not a big draft guy ........ Cant wait to see this team on the field ........ I could live with less then 6 wins as long as they dont quit on us or go into Meltdown mode , fight every minute of the game .......

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Already I love Orton's attitude. Go Boilermaker! !Booya!

My friend who is a pro gambler called me last night and told me Orton is a gamer and that Bronco fans will love him.

With time to throw ball, and great WR, Orton is in heaven, while Cutler just got shipped to a team with none of that.

They took Cutlers LT Williams in the draft and his back is looking like he won't make it in NFL. The other tackle will be Orlando the washed up Pace. Dude is nothing now compared to Clady. I heard the guy they started at guard last yr might not even be a starter in the NFL. Cutler is going to be handing off and then running for his life on 3rd downs.

He's going to hate it.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-03-2009, 02:32 PM
The irony of all this is that Orton loves his alcohol, too.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff279/patroto/ortonmontage.jpg?t=1238794345

Cam07
04-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Regardless of how you may feel about the whole Cutler situation you have to be happy it's over and we can begin moving forward, right? Granted the "who won the trade" talks will go on for some time but I can now look forward to the draft and hopefully watching a good QB competition in camp. I'm excited. I liked Cutler as our QB for the most part but I'm over it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-03-2009, 02:34 PM

Four pictures of him with booze means "he loves alcohol"?

What do all those pictures of you with a cock in your mouth say about you?

Hercules Rockefeller
04-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Someone likes JD

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Fired Shanny when all you need to do was tell him he can't be the GM no more,that's all you had to do then throw a $hit load of money at Rex Ryan.

Now we traded our Fran QB for Kyle Orton,and where stuck with a Rookie Head Coach.

By hey he Coach Matt Cassel to a good QB he worked with Tom Brady.WHATEVER

:Broncos: Epic Fail

Change your diapers and get over it. I'm sick of hearing little girls cry. If you don't like it don't be a Broncos fan anymore. At this point all good fans will get behind team. If you think fan support doesn't play into a team being good you are wrong. The good fans come before the good team.

Punisher
04-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Change your diapers and get over it. I'm sick of hearing little girls cry. If you don't like it don't be a Broncos fan anymore. At this point all good fans will get behind team. If you think fan support doesn't play into a team being good you are wrong. The good fans come before the good team.

hmmmm Do You think the bears need anymore Fans?

rastaman
04-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Orton already at work at Dove Valley
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Go ahead, Broncoland. Talk from the morning coffee to soothing nightcap about the physical talent differences between Jay Cutler and Kyle Orton.

Whatever those opinions, say this for Orton: At least he's already made it inside the building.

The Broncos' newly acquired quarterback after he was swapped Thursday along with a cache' of draft picks from the Chicago Bears in exchange for the disgruntled Cutler, Orton flew in from Chicago this morning and shortly after Jack Cutler walked into the team's headquarters to turn his son's playbook at the reception desk got busy at Dove Valley. Orton passed his physical (his right ankle injury from last season was examined thoroughly), talked with his two new receivers, Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal, and spent a few hours in meetings with head coach Josh McDaniels and the rest of the offensive staff.

No more drama about when the quarterback will show up. He's here. And early signs suggest Orton has no problem with his new head coach.

"I couldn't wait to get out here and get to know the guys first and foremost," Orton said in his first interview since the trade. "And then dive headfirst into learning a new system."

Dressed casually and looking younger than on TV thanks to shaving away his scruffy, game-day appearance, Orton, 26, was driving from his home in the Chicago suburb of Highland Park to the local grocery store Thursday afternoon when he received a call informing him he needed to see coach Lovie Smith at Halas Hall ASAP.

"No, I wasn't expecting it," Orton said. "I don't really pay attention to speculation. I'm not a guy who talks to may agent every day, either."

Orton is aware Chicago is excited about Cutler while Broncoland is uncertain about life without Cutler. How will Orton handle following not only Cutler, but the Cutler saga?

"I've taken the same approach my entire and that is, my job description is to win football games," he said. "And I've done a pretty good job of that and I plan to keep that up. I'm a hard worker. I'm not flashy by any means but my job is to play football and win and I plan to do that."

Orton was 21-12 as a starter with the Bears, including a 15-2 record at home. Cutler was 17-20 for the Broncos, 10-9 at home. Cutler was to hold his first news conference in Chicago today at 4 p.m. MST.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12065422

Careful.....you don't want to lower the bar of expectations to low for Ortho-Weed Killer!:rofl:

Surely you didn't expect a lifetime back up.....to hold out for a bigger contract or protest b/c there wasn't any large Cutler Hating fans to meet at the airport!

Quick now.....rush out and buy Ortho's Jersey before they're all sold out!:thumbs:

rastaman
04-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Four pictures of him with booze means "he loves alcohol"?

What do all those pictures of you with a cock in your mouth say about you?

ALL I CAN SAY........"CHAMPIONSHIP"!!!!:wiggle:

rastaman
04-03-2009, 02:51 PM

Cutt instead of wishing ill-will on Cutler, why not just wish him good luck and realize the hand of destiny ended the Bowlen-McDaniel relationship.

You just could be jinxing the Broncos with reverse ill-will! There is no guarantees that Xander and McDaniels will find 4 Pro Bowl draft picks in the 1st rnd over the next 2 years. Hell, should the Broncos use their two 1st rnd picks over the next two years, who's to say these four players don't suffer career ending injuries over the next 4 years or struggle and never pan out!

Here's to hoping this trading Cutler and gaining 4 first rnd picks work out for everyone. Those negative vibes you got towards Cutler's demise could comeback to haunt the Broncos.

Popps
04-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Taco says he's Brian Griese, guys.

Please be upset at him.

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 02:55 PM
hmmmm Do You think the bears need anymore Fans?

Don't let the Orange door hit you in the ass on your way out loser.

Go be a Bears fans. That way you can watch Cutler fail in 2 cities. It won't work out well for Cutler, it never does for crybabies.

Dude had his dad return his playbook!!!! that says it all my friend right there.

Could you imagine having your dad come in to settle up for you at work when you are a man? I couldn't. In fact my dad would have told me, you made the bed, you sleep in it.

Part of being a man is being able to confront tough situations and deal with them in a mature way. You might want to think about that. Then you and Cutler can go to lunch and talk about why you are both such diaper wearing little babies.

Punisher
04-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Don't let the Orange door hit you in the ass on your way out loser.

Go be a Bears fans. That way you can watch Cutler fail in 2 cities. It won't work out well for Cutler, it never does for crybabies.

Dude had his dad return his playbook!!!! that says it all my friend right there.

Could you imagine having your dad come in to settle up for you at work when you are a man? I couldn't. In fact my dad would have told me, you made the bed, you sleep in it.

Part of being a man is being able to confront tough situations and deal with them in a mature way. You might want to think about that. Then you and Cutler can go to lunch and talk about why you are both such diaper wearing little babies.

LMAO come on do you really think I'll become a Bears Fan,Listen i know where going to stink and stink we will.The Titanic is sinking but theres no way I'm jumping off No way.

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Cutt instead of wishing ill-will on Cutler, why not just wish him good luck and realize the hand of destiny ended the Bowlen-McDaniel relationship.

You just could be jinxing the Broncos with reverse ill-will! There is no guarantees that Xander and McDaniels will find 4 Pro Bowl draft picks in the 1st rnd over the next 2 years. Hell, should the Broncos use their two 1st rnd picks over the next two years, who's to say these four players don't suffer career ending injuries over the next 4 years or struggle and never pan out!

Here's to hoping this trading Cutler and gaining 4 first rnd picks work out for everyone. Those negative vibes you got towards Cutler's demise could comeback to haunt the Broncos.

Quick let's sacrifice a goat and drinks it blood before bad luck gets us.

Let's hope it works out for everyone!!!!! LOL what a crock of ****. Take your pot smoking zen theories outside and shoot them.

Broncos may not get one good player from those picks. I'm saying straight out Cutler isn't a great QB. He could be great, but it's obvious to me now he won't be.

I hope Cutler get's hit so hard his spleen come right out his mouth. Screw Cutler, Screw the Bears, and screw you to.

I'm sick of people trying to be nice about football. Maybe we can all win a Superbowl and then no one has to feel sad!!!!!!!!! Screw that I hope Cutler ends up like Jeff George. Hell 2 more yrs of losing more then he wins and he will be Jeff George.

So please Rasta save me the Karma B.S, call Cutler a punk, say you hope the Broncos somehow get to end his career, and let's get this new regime rolling.

No more nice defense, no more nice fans.

rastaman
04-03-2009, 03:04 PM

You seem to have done a fairly good job complaining and hating on Cutler! What makes your attitude any different or noble? Ya can't use the excuse of TOTAL TEAM LOYALTY for your behavior.

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 03:05 PM
LMAO come on do you really think I'll become a Bears Fan,Listen i know where going to stink and stink we will.The Titanic is sinking but theres no way I'm jumping off No way.

It can't be much worst then last 3 yrs IMO. I guess I have been missing this great Broncos team so many of you seem to think we had. We have stunk since the day they replaced Plummer with Cutler and AL Wilson got hurt. Before that I remember Broncos winning.

There is no where to go but up IMO.

I'm sure you will stay a fan, I'm telling you it won't be as bad as you think. Broncos will be back.

rastaman
04-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Orton will be a leader for this team, no doubt about it.

That's all I need to hear!.....I'm going out and buying an Orton Jersey before they're all SOLD OUT!ROFL!

Punisher
04-03-2009, 03:08 PM
It can't be much worst then last 3 yrs IMO. I guess I have been missing this great Broncos team so many of you seem to think we had. We have stunk since the day they replaced Plummer with Cutler and AL Wilson got hurt. Before that I remember Broncos winning.

There is no where to go but up IMO.

I'm sure you will stay a fan, I'm telling you it won't be as bad as you think. Broncos will be back.

Wake up where not going up,WE JUST TRADED JAY CUTLER!

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 03:13 PM
You seem to have done a fairly good job complaining and hating on Cutler! What makes your attitude any different or noble? Ya can't use the excuse of TOTAL TEAM LOYALTY for your behavior.

I never said being a football fan was noble. It's a barbaric sport. Then again I made my bones as a Bronco fan in the 80's going to see them get there asses whooped by the LA Raiders every yr. I had to wallow through a bunch of thug Raider fans to pull for my team and it hardened me into the Bronco fan I am today.

I make no excuses for any behavior. I seriously would like to see Cutler fail. I want every other team to fail!!!!!!!

My attitude is not more noble, but it is more loyal and that is what being a fan is all about.

Cmon Rasta, admit it, you don't want Cutler to do well. Seeing a Bronco defender ring him up and leave him laying on field in a diabetic seizure would be nice wouldn't it?

broncofan7
04-03-2009, 03:13 PM

That is VERY lame.........

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Wake up where not going up,WE JUST TRADED JAY CUTLER!

Well I watched him play at vandy, and in Denver. He doesn't protect ball well, makes a lot of bad throws for picks, doesn't have a good deep ball. Bears will end up wishing they didn't trade for him. Broncos fans will be glad he's gone.

Broncomutt
04-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Welcome KO! Truly happy to see you part of the team.

Don't try to fill anyones shoes but your own and I think you'll like it here....eventually.:sunshine:

Punisher
04-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Well I watched him play at vandy, and in Denver. He doesn't protect ball well, makes a lot of bad throws for picks, doesn't have a good deep ball. Bears will end up wishing they didn't trade for him. Broncos fans will be glad he's gone.

LMAO Ha! Ha!

Were ****ed

brncobrett
04-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Cool you can tell he wants to be a Bronco!!! and that is what's important!!!!

TonyR
04-03-2009, 03:31 PM
That's all I need to hear!.....I'm going out and buying an Orton Jersey before they're all SOLD OUT!ROFL!

So you are criticizing people for bashing a former Bronco while yourself bashing a current Bronco. Uh, okay.

ZONA
04-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Orton doesn't talk with his agent every day? WTF? I mean, I thought that was the norm. Cook would be sucking Jay off and only stop to answer Jay's cell phone. This is kinda odd that Orton wouldn't call his agent every day. lol

ROFL!

fdf
04-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Fired Shanny when all you need to do was tell him he can't be the GM no more,that's all you had to do . . . : Epic Fail

Obviously, that would have been good solution at the time of the firing. But what makes you think Bowlen didn't try that? And what makes you think Shanahan would have accepted it?

It's really difficult to demote someone and have them stay in the same organization. Not impossible. But it almost never works.

May I suggest you are comparing reality (what we have to day) to a fairytale (Shanahan as coach and a competent GM). That may be fun. But it doesn't have much to do with decision making in the real world.

ScottXray
04-03-2009, 03:40 PM
J Cut USED to play for the Broncos, and While he did,
I wanted him to excel, and crush the opponents.

Now he is a Chicago Bear......May he crush our Afc west brethren, and have a heaping , stinking pile of FAIL everytime we see him from here on in. May he never reach his potential, and make use of his talents, or ever exceed .500
as a starter in the NFL. Good luck to him otherwise!

My QB is now Chris Simms, Kyle Orton or whoever the F*** suits up Sundays with the Bronco on his helmet and lines up behind center. Talented or not , may our QB lead us to playoffs, and super bowls for years to come. May they have the sense to realise they are playing for one of the best fan bases in the NFL and need only Not embarass us to earn our respect and praise, and hopes.

And for gods sakes,can they please have a pair already, and not have to grow them after arriving here?

SonOfLe-loLang
04-03-2009, 03:48 PM
I am in agreement that i hope Jay Cutler fails:) I'm no longer a fan of his as he's not a denver bronco

Rohirrim
04-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Orton should choose #6. Ha!

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 03:52 PM

Now he is a Chicago Bear......May he crush our Afc west brethren, and have a heaping , stinking pile of FAIL everytime we see him from here on in. May he never reach his potential, and make use of his talents, or ever exceed .500

My QB is now Chris Simms, Kyle Orton or whoever the **** suits up Sundays with the Bronco on his helmet and lines up behind center. Talented or not , may our QB lead us to playoffs, and super bowls for years to come. May they have the sense to realise they are playing for one of the best fan bases in the NFL and need only Not embarass us to earn our respect and praise, and hopes.

And for gods sakes,can they please have a pair already, and not have to grow them after arriving here?

Hell yah!!!!!!! Bronco fan!!!!!! I pull for the uniform, whoever coaches it, whoever plays in it, no matter what. What good does it do to pine for Jay Cutler? Orton and Simms are they QBS and we will go back to winning games as a team instead of one guy throwing the ball wherever he pleases. Not to mention Cutlers deep ball stinks, anyone who says it doesn't hasn't watched his career.

We now have staff that will build the whole team, defense, ST, offense to win games. Not to get some flashy strong armed qb 4000 yrds every yr.

Broncos best yrs were when Elway threw for like 200 yrds a game and Terrel Davis did the rest. Broncos need to look for a stud RB to put behind this oline, get a young center drafted, draft bigger players for front 7 and forget all about 4500 yrds and Jay Cutler.

footstepsfrom#27
04-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Good, he can get a head start on trying to fend off Chris Simms.

cutthemdown
I am in agreement that i hope Jay Cutler fails:) I'm no longer a fan of his as he's not a denver bronco

So maybe not like me saying I hope his spleen comes out his mouth but at least in the same library. Screw Cutler. I don't really wish he would die, but I can't lie and say I hope he does well. I hope he has a miserable career.

Oh Jay by they way when a team drafts a QB, 2 first round picks, and a 3rd round pick for you the expect you to win more games then you lose and go to playoffs, win in playoffs, and go to Superbowl.

Clock is now ticking on Jay Cutler. He has lost 3 yrs in a row. Had 2 teams with easy roads to playoffs and could not get it done. He has 3 yrs left of his deal, but if he doesn't play well this yr I doubt he get's a new one.

If the Bears don't win more then they lose this yr it will be Cutlers 4th yr of doing that. Hell one more and that is half a decade.

Rock Chalk
I wouldn't say that...he has a good RB, ok offensive line, big targets to throw to in the redzone. He'll be fine. Orton threw for 3,000 something yards last year.

Which, with Denvers offensive line and WR corps means Orton could be really freaking good but no one knew because he played in that cesspool of an offense in Chicago.

People need to realize when your QB has all day to throw (ala whoever is under center in denver) then they are going to look a lot better than they are (ala Cutler). When you have two standout receivers, an above average TE in Daniel Graham, and a top notch offensive line, you dont need a superstar cannon for an arm QB.

Im just stoked we got ourselves another scraggly, scrappy QB that doesnt pout. There is a pattern here. Griese, Plummer, Cutler, Orton. Griese + Cutler = Taco John's boys = both failures in Denver. Plummer was just a ****ing warrior and Taco hated (still does) him. Orton Im sure Taco will hate so we are ****ing golden people. GOLDEN.

TonyR
04-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Griese + Cutler = Taco John's boys = both failures in Denver. Plummer was just a ****ing warrior and Taco hated (still does) him. Orton Im sure Taco will hate so we are ****ing golden people. GOLDEN.

It's also funny because Griese and Cutler weren't particularly popular in the locker room while Jake was, and I bet Orton will be very well liked by his teammates. It goes a long way, particularly at the QB position.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-03-2009, 04:08 PM
3,000 yards sucks.

Killericon
04-03-2009, 04:14 PM
He was elected Captain because of how he acted as a backup. I love this guy.

Rohirrim
04-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Which, with Denvers offensive line and WR corps means Orton could be really freaking good but no one knew because he played in that cesspool of an offense in Chicago.

People need to realize when your QB has all day to throw (ala whoever is under center in denver) then they are going to look a lot better than they are (ala Cutler). When you have two standout receivers, an above average TE in Daniel Graham, and a top notch offensive line, you dont need a superstar cannon for an arm QB.

Im just stoked we got ourselves another scraggly, scrappy QB that doesnt pout. There is a pattern here. Griese, Plummer, Cutler, Orton. Griese + Cutler = Taco John's boys = both failures in Denver. Plummer was just a ****ing warrior and Taco hated (still does) him. Orton Im sure Taco will hate so we are ****ing golden people. GOLDEN.

Preach, brother! Preach! :~ohyah!:

baja
04-03-2009, 04:36 PM

Not only did he, a starter, get traded but his team had to pony up 2 1's and a 3 If he were Jay he would under suicide watch house arrest.

listopencil
04-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Someone likes JD

I do. In fact I like tequila and vodka too. And when my work is done, and the situation is right, I've been known to throw back quite a few. I'm not trying to "call you out" or any stupid bull**** like that. Yours just happened to be the post I quoted. But I don't find fault with a guy simply because he goes out and drinks now and then. Not a big deal.

extralife
04-03-2009, 04:40 PM
People are going to turn on Orton or Simms within six months. It's impossible to be a QB in this town after Elway. The fans won't have it.

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 04:40 PM
3,000 yards sucks.

I think he can do 3500 plus in Denver no problem, but not if the line blocks like Chicago did. He was sacked what almost 30 times and didn't even play every game.

Only true superstar QBS can play with no protection and crappy WR. Devin Hester is a return guy and the rest are journeyman like Brandon Lloyd and Marty Booker. The OT are a mess even with Pace. I bet Pace is a huge ole bust of a FA move. He hasn't played well in 3 yrs.

With no first round picks Bears will have to hope they can find a number 1 WR, 2-3 good olineman, or Cutler won't be feeling warm and cozy, he will be running for his life or hoping Forte and defense can win the games.

I don't think Cuter is going to work out in Chicago at all.

Cutlers yrds go down by 700-800 and Orton, if he starts, will go up about 500-700.

Bears haven't had a decent offense in yrs and its not just because of the QB.

baja
04-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Reminds me of a Jake Plummer attitude with Griese skills....could be interesting on sundays with this guy.

Great way to put that.

bombquixote
04-03-2009, 04:57 PM
LMAO Ha! Ha!

Were ****ed

Nobody knows anything until we see some games. Now dry your eyes, put on your big boy pants and stop whining.

You're thisclose to iggy.

Irish Stout
04-03-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm sold on Ort! I want good attitude... hope it leads to good results! ORT ORT ORT ORT!!!

bombquixote
04-03-2009, 05:00 PM

Whoa, he's ripped. I can see why you like him so much. Don't be a stalker, though, kay?

elsid13
04-03-2009, 05:02 PM
He was there because he had to be, just like Cutler had to be in Chicago to pass the physical. This isn't a big deal like some make it out to be.

Bronx33
04-03-2009, 05:06 PM
The local media for the bears said orton works his ass off.

Steve Sewell
04-03-2009, 05:07 PM

Have fun Cutler.

Broncos were smart to deal him to Chicago. Hot in the summer like a mutha with high humidity. Enjoy Diabetic boy.

Cutler is going to win Super Bowls in Chicago. Mark that down.

Los Broncos
04-03-2009, 05:19 PM
The local media for the bears said orton drinks his ass off.

Fixed it for ya.

BroncoMan4ever
04-03-2009, 05:22 PM
As i said ........ Morton .... He may not have Cutlers talent , but Dayummmmm he got a better tude

and he wins. kind of the Plummer situation again. he doesn't have the greatest talents, but he is a leader and wins.

with a good line and some really good receiving weapons, he might look really good in Denver

CSU Husker
04-03-2009, 05:46 PM
He was there because he had to be, just like Cutler had to be in Chicago to pass the physical. This isn't a big deal like some make it out to be.

Right, but one is doing a dog and pony show and the other is getting to work.

elsid13
04-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Right, but one is doing a dog and pony show and the other is getting to work.

The Bears set up the press conference not Cutler. Just like Denver would have if they got a player like Cutler in trade.

ND Bronco Fan
04-03-2009, 05:53 PM

My QB is now Chris Simms, Kyle Orton or whoever the **** suits up Sundays with the Bronco on his helmet and lines up behind center. Talented or not , may our QB lead us to playoffs, and super bowls for years to come. May they have the sense to realise they are playing for one of the best fan bases in the NFL and need only Not embarass us to earn our respect and praise, and hopes.

I like people who share the EXACT same opinion as me.

Punisher
04-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Nobody knows anything until we see some games. Now dry your eyes, put on your big boy pants and stop whining.

You're thisclose to iggy.

Iggy LMAO see if i give a ****

Karenin
04-03-2009, 06:04 PM
3,000 yards sucks.

Isn't that about how many Cassell had last year? With the same surrounding cast that set the record for the best offense of all time?

Go bathe in butter you fat piece of ****.

DBroncos4life
04-03-2009, 06:05 PM
He is a Husker fan whats not to like about a guy that likes the Huskers :thumbsup:

baja
04-03-2009, 06:05 PM
All I want to know is, has Cutler passed his physical yet?

Is this deal done?

spdirty
04-03-2009, 06:33 PM
well lets hope he is the second coming of Drew Brees.

spdirty
04-03-2009, 06:35 PM
All I want to know is, has Cutler passed his physical yet?

Is this deal done?

ROFL! how funny would it be to see the trade get scrapped because Cutler failed his physical? Talk about riots in Chicago.

Circle Orange
04-03-2009, 06:43 PM
I like him already! Kinda glad he ditched the neard.

Yeah, Chicago wore that "neckbeard" moniker into the ground.

Circle Orange
04-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Cutler is going to win Super Bowls in Chicago. Mark that down.

Chicago will burn first. I've pencilled it in! ;D

Circle Orange
04-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Whoa, he's ripped. I can see why you like him so much. Don't be a stalker, though, kay?

I can barely control myself looking at those pictures. I want to rip him naked and have cheap thrills immediately. Surely the female fan base will increase in mass ticket sales now. :twokisses

Or not.

broncofan7
04-03-2009, 07:04 PM
I can barely control myself looking at those pictures. I want to rip him naked and have cheap thrills immediately. Surely the female fan base will increase in mass ticket sales now. :twokisses

Are you female circle?

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Yeah no **** .......... Hey pops , I just quit dan , would you take my truck keys and pick up my check ........... my Dad would do it , but I would never ask

Hey daddy I got in a fight with my boss and I need you to turn in my company handbook.

My dad would have told me a real man handles his own business son. If someone tries to hurt you I will be there, if you really need my help I will always be there, but in this case be a man and do it yourself.

Or at least make a service do it for you. I could see a person hired to deliver the playbook, or returning it through a friend on the team even, but your daddy? Whats next is him mommy going to massage him on the sidelines and tell people to not hurt her son.

Give me a break Cutler!!!!

theAPAOps5
04-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Are you female circle?

Yes and that is not a news flash.

Circle Orange
04-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Are you female circle?

LOL, one hundred percent. ;D

altho I followed the bears too, but really liked Grossman better.

XXXII&III
04-03-2009, 07:22 PM
i'm female and kyle hugged me - course I hugged him first, but still.

broncofan7
04-03-2009, 07:24 PM
LOL, one hundred percent. ;D

altho I followed the bears too, but really liked Grossman better.

WOW--I just knew you as the poster who has the most , um, 'unique' avatars on this board...

Rabb
04-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey daddy I got in a fight with my boss and I need you to turn in my company handbook.

My dad would have told me a real man handles his own business son. If someone tries to hurt you I will be there, if you really need my help I will always be there, but in this case be a man and do it yourself.

Or at least make a service do it for you. I could see a person hired to deliver the playbook, or returning it through a friend on the team even, but your daddy? Whats next is him mommy going to massage him on the sidelines and tell people to not hurt her son.

Give me a break Cutler!!!!

that sort of bush league crap is just icing on the cake, between that and the whole "ignore your boss" tactic, then "deny everything" BS...I am not even slightly upset that his ass is gone

what makes me sick to my stomach is, the San Diego players were actually proven right in my opinion about Jay, and that folks is embarrassing

Punisher
04-03-2009, 07:29 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RrAJNQ_e8Jk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RrAJNQ_e8Jk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Circle Orange
04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
People are going to turn on Orton or Simms within six months. It's impossible to be a QB in this town after Elway. The fans won't have it.

And THAT is the simple truth, beyond Cutler and anything else. If you check out team sites around the country, they can't believe the grip that still holds sway in the rocky mountains, seemingly now and forevermore.

NFL purgatory = Price paid for stealing Elway

DBroncos4life
04-03-2009, 07:36 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RrAJNQ_e8Jk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RrAJNQ_e8Jk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I've made a list of teams that driving 99 yards against that would be impressive to do against and wierd that the ****ing Lions D didn't make the cut. You don't draft in the top ten (most years top 5) year in and year out without being bad.

Circle Orange
04-03-2009, 07:38 PM
WOW--I just knew you as the poster who has the most , um, 'unique' avatars on this board...

well, my pic is posted here under the post your pics thread...just a driver's license photo, really. It's buried in the mass of Thunderdome...

In fact my comments about Grossman got me tossed off a Chicago Bear board and seemingly banned forever! :wiggle:

worm
04-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Are you female circle?

With her 'logic' on the similarities between Cutler and Campbell...was there any doubt? ;D

Pony Boy
04-03-2009, 08:57 PM
And THAT is the simple truth, beyond Cutler and anything else. If you check out team sites around the country, they can't believe the grip that still holds sway in the rocky mountains, seemingly now and forevermore.

NFL purgatory = Price paid for stealing Elway

NFL purgatory that explains it.
In the 4th quarter of Broncos/Packers game, I remember getting on my knees and selling my soul. I begged if we could please just win this one game, I would never ask for anything again in my life.

bombay
04-03-2009, 09:09 PM
The Broncos are going to win with Orton.

BroncoBuff
04-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I love the kid ... none of this soap opera had anything to do with him.

baja
04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
This is going to be a very fun season regardless of the record.

Taco John
04-03-2009, 09:24 PM
I hope the people who hated Orton the last time he was here (and named Griese) will be ok with it when he doesn't deliver the kind of theatrics that a John Elway or a whatshisname could deliver.

Rohirrim
04-03-2009, 09:26 PM
I hope the people who hated Orton the last time he was here (and named Griese) will be ok with it when he doesn't deliver the kind of theatrics that a John Elway or a whatshisname could deliver.

From what I've heard about Orton in the lockerroom (and the way some Chicago players are talking about him) he's about the exact opposite of Griese.

Taco John
04-03-2009, 09:27 PM
This is going to be a very fun season regardless of the record.

:spit:

This might be a fun season - but it won't be fun "regardless of the record." It'll be a fun season if we're winning. It will be a miserable season if we're losing. That's how sports works.

Br0nc0Buster
04-03-2009, 09:30 PM

Orton had a ton of repsect from his teammates and the fans.

And no one is asking Orton to deliver "Elway" theatrics.

Orton is the anti-Griese

Taco John
04-03-2009, 09:40 PM
From what I've heard about Orton in the lockerroom (and the way some Chicago players are talking about him) he's about the exact opposite of Griese.

Orton definitely seems like a decent locker room guy, though he does come across as a little aloof. I don't think he's a locker room "leader" by any stretch. That's not how he carries himself, anyway.

Orton's going to have an easier time in the locker room than Griese did. He's not coming in to replace Elway - replacing a locker room favorite (Bubby Brister) without a legitimate competition. But that's not what I was talking about. He, Griese, and Simms for that matter, are very similar style of quarterbacks. I personally am ok with thier style, because it emphasizes the running game, and especially the O-line. I don't like that we don't use a FB like the WCO uses the full back, but oh well.

We're going back to a very conservative offense. Only this time, we're doing it the right way: with a stout offensive line. All things considered, Orton is coming into a good situation - though that situation is going to come with some pressure: We're going to go as far as either he or Simms can take us. If they can keep their heads on straight, we could have a highly efficient offense.

baja
04-03-2009, 09:42 PM
:spit:

This might be a fun season - but it won't be fun "regardless of the record." It'll be a fun season if we're winning. It will be a miserable season if we're losing. <b>That's how sports works.

Guess I'm old school, I still care about the way we play not only the final score. I think this team could rally around Kyle in a way they could never with Jay. I think we are going to be fun to watch.

I expect to see a Broncos team playing hard every play in all three phases of the game, something I have not see in several years. I don't expect to win all that much this season, we have a new staff, new GM, new system on both sides of the ball, and lots of new players but I'm OK with that.

Maybe you like that crap Shanahan has trotted out these last few years and maybe you'll miss Cutler's pretty passes?

Me, I want to get back the the Broncos football where the players want win.

BTW I am starting to side with the old time posters here that feel you tend to be condescending.

Taco John
04-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Orton is the anti-Griese

Uh, you do realize that Orton is Griese's student, don't you? Orton credits Griese's tuteledge for much of his success in the league.

bombay
04-03-2009, 09:49 PM
The boo hooing about Orton is pretty funny. He'll do a good job, and he's won over his receivers in a remarkably short time.

Taco John
04-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Guess I'm old school, I still care about the way we play not only the final score. I think this team could rally around Kyle in a way they could never with Jay. I think we are going to be fun to watch.

I expect to see a Broncos team playing hard every play in all three phases of the game, something I have not see in several years. I don't expect to win all that much this season, we have a new staff, new GM, new system on both sides of the ball, and lots of new players but I'm OK with that.

Maybe you like that crap Shanahan has trotted out these last few years and maybe you'll miss Cutler's pretty passes?

BTW I am starting to side with the old time posters here that feel you tend to be condescending.

Baja, you're as condescending as anyone, so don't give me that. Just look at this post as an exampe. Citing yourself as being "old school" for caring about "the way we play regardless of the score." Since when is that old school? The oldest school in the book is the scoreboard, and I promise you that we're going to have more fun if the larger numbers are on our side of the board than the teams that we're playing - regardless of how well we look during a loss.

I mean, talk about condescending - what does this mean: "Me, I want to get back the the Broncos football where the players want win."

You want to go back to last season? Players want to win in any season.

baja
04-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Baja, you're as condescending as anyone, so don't give me that. Just look at this post as an exampe. Citing yourself as being "old school" for caring about "the way we play regardless of the score." Since when is that old school? The oldest school in the book is the scoreboard, and I promise you that we're going to have more fun if the larger numbers are on our side of the board than the teams that we're playing - regardless of how well we look during a loss.

I mean, talk about condescending - what does this mean: "Me, I want to get back the the Broncos football where the players want win."

You want to go back to last season? Players want to win in any season.

You must have watched a different team than I did the last three games.

I remember watching the late seventies Bronco teams and they were fun to watch. The last few years not so much I don't happen to enjoy soft teams and that is what the Broncos had become in Shanahan's country club. Hell I remember when we played the Ravens in the playoffs I think I saw pee stains on some of the Broncos pants.

BTW I'm 60 and been watching the Broncos for almost 40 years so I think saying I'm old school is just stating a fact.

Br0nc0Buster
04-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Uh, you do realize that Orton is Griese's student, don't you? Orton credits Griese's tuteledge for much of his success in the league.

I dont see what that has to do with how Orton carries himself.
Griese was more of a loner, Orton seems to be much more popular with his teammates and fans than Griese ever was.

I was talking more about their personality and how they get along with their teammates instead of their throwing mechanics and footwork

BroncoBuff
04-03-2009, 10:31 PM

Sheesh! Is this really you today Roh?

Cutler NEVER cried about being traded ... he cried about being lied to (or at least that he thought he had been lied to).

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 10:31 PM

LOL the Broncos won Superbowls by playing dirty. Dan Neil was one of the worst offenders in NFL history when it came to trying hurt other players. Remember his jump to the back of the legs on jammal Williams? Epic dirty play.

Romo spit on people, our oline held and dove at players knees, got caught putting vasaline on there jersey's.

Yeah old school baby.

cutthemdown
04-03-2009, 10:32 PM
SHeesh! Is this really you today Roh?

Cutler NEVER cried about being traded ... he cried about being lied to (or at least that he thought he had been lied to).

Wait until the Bears so play a good yr then we will talk a new contract. Then if Cutler doesn't have a huge yr, you may really see him cry.

Meck77
04-04-2009, 05:51 AM

Meanwhile in Chicago...........

Jay Cutler's father tries to clarify son's past with Chicago Bears' offensive coordinator Ron Turner

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-090303-jay-cutler-ron-turner,0,523485.story

Taco says he's Brian Griese, guys.

Well if that's the case then we'll probably end up in the AFC championship game in a year or two.

Taco "Griese is the man!" Broncos suck!

Taco "Plummer sucks" We consistently make the playoffs and almost get in the Superbowl!

Taco "Jay gives us the best chance to win right now!" Broncos never even sniff the playoffs!

Taco "Orton is Griese"..............

Well you guys get the picture

Gort
04-04-2009, 06:41 AM
Meanwhile in Chicago...........

Jay Cutler's father tries to clarify son's past with Chicago Bears' offensive coordinator Ron Turner

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-090303-jay-cutler-ron-turner,0,523485.story

awesome.

think the Cutlers will pull this card out next time they want to negotiate/renegotiate a contract? i mean... it's a TRUST issue afterall... isn't it? if he (Jay) can't trust his OC, then who can he trust? i see text messages going unanswered. i see phone calls going straight to voicemail. i see beer pong being played until the wee hours of the morning.

!Booya!

Broncos_OTM
04-04-2009, 06:47 AM
Couple things i noticed. Jays DAD turned in his playbook. what a bitch. not to mention what if his dad decided to copy it off. You'd think theyd watch over those a whole lot more.

Orton loved him in college. i used to live in indiana. so i seen alot of purdue games.

Marshall and Royal and CO will make his stats look better.i mean he threw for 3000 yards last year. and was better in the redzone. if we do get a RB in this draft we could be pretty good on the offensive side of the ball still.

I wonder if Simms will be the starter or Orton.

Is it me or did he rip on cutler with the whole ' i dont talk to my agent everyday".. interesting.

welcome aboard.

c_lazy_r
04-04-2009, 07:04 AM
3,000 yards sucks.

Yea...

We had a certain QB some years ago that was in the 3000 yd average and the Broncos (team) really sucked. I think there are two trophies somewhere...

John Albert Elway

Position: QB
Height: 6-3 Weight: 215 lbs.
Born: June 28, 1960 in Port Angeles, WA
College: Stanford
11.6 221.9 89.2 26 194 6.4 5.6 5.3
1997* 37 DEN QB 16 16 12-4-0 280 502 55.8 3635 27 5.4 11 2.2 78 7.2 6.8 13.0 227.2 87.5 34 203 6.4 6.0 6.3
1998* 38 DEN QB 13 12 10-2-0 210 356 59.0 2806 22 6.2 10 2.8 58 7.9 7.2 13.4 215.8 93.0 18 135 7.1 6.5 4.8

Teams win Super Bowls not QB's that throw for 5K

vancejohnson82
04-04-2009, 07:07 AM
I hope his agent gets more involved in the future...

JK

baja
04-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Couple things i noticed. Jays DAD turned in his playbook. what a b****. not to mention what if his dad decided to copy it off. You'd think theyd watch over those a whole lot more.

Orton loved him in college. i used to live in indiana. so i seen alot of purdue games.

Marshall and Royal and CO will make his stats look better.i mean he threw for 3000 yards last year. and was better in the redzone. if we do get a RB in this draft we could be pretty good on the offensive side of the ball still.

Is it me or did he rip on cutler with the whole ' i dont talk to my agent everyday".. interesting.

welcome aboard.

Another thing about the play book, Jay has not been in Denver for weeks and he didn't bother to take his play book with him yet he says he never wanted it to come to a trade if that is true wouldn't one expect him to have that play book at his side at all times to be studying this new offense he was supposed to be learning. During their two weeks together Jay sized up McDaniels and realized he was not going to be babied like Shanny and Bates did so he made up his mind back then he wanted out and we are better off without him. I just hope to God he has already passed his physical.

theAPAOps5
04-04-2009, 07:47 AM
Whats funny is they avoided Mangini like the plague apparently. Probably from Bus Cook and Farve last year and maybe his philosophy that he shares with McDaniels and Belichek.

But he is going to a coach in Lovie Smith who has a team philosophy and won't coddle him either.

Rohirrim
04-04-2009, 08:03 AM

It was a joke! Sheesh, people are tender around here nowadays.

Rohirrim
04-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Another thing about the play book, Jay has not been in Denver for weeks and he didn't bother to take his play book with him yet he says he never wanted it to come to a trade if that is true wouldn't one expect him to have that play book at his side at all times to be studying this new offense he was supposed to be learning. During their two weeks together Jay sized up McDaniels and realized he was not going to be babied like Shanny and Bates did so he made up his mind back then he wanted out and we are better off without him. I just hope to God he has already passed his physical.

Ooops. ;D

2KBack
04-04-2009, 08:11 AM

well, complaining that guys like Manning and Brady don't come up in trade talks is kinda crying about the potential to be traded.

The Moops
04-04-2009, 09:42 AM
I think Broncos fans will grow to like Orton. He may not become a star. Chances are, he will be the backup in the next couple years. But he can come in and win some games, and he's a great young man.

My first impression of him was in college when he asked for #18 at Purdue in tribute to Brook Berringer, the Nebraska star QB who was killed in a plane crash shortly before the 1996 draft. Orton looked up to Berringer, who had helped the Cornhuskers win the 1994 National Championship.

Of course, he won't be able to continue wearing #18 at Denver with Tripucka's number retired (why they ever retired his, who knows!) . . .

Still, Broncos fans will find Orton to be a tough hard-working team-guy who will become a favorite in the community.

Spider
04-04-2009, 09:45 AM
I think Broncos fans will grow to like Orton. He may not become a star. Chances are, he will be the backup in the next couple years. But he can come in and win some games, and he's a great young man.

My first impression of him was in college when he asked for #18 at Purdue in tribute to Brook Berringer, the Nebraska star QB who was killed in a plane crash shortly before the 1996 draft. Orton looked up to Berringer, who had helped the Cornhuskers win the 1994 National Championship.

Of course, he won't be able to continue wearing #18 at Denver with Tripucka's number retired (why they ever retired his, who knows!) . . .

Still, Broncos fans will find Orton to be a tough hard-working team-guy who will become a favorite in the community.

Oh **** ....orton is Sammy Winder ;D

Bronx33
04-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Couple things i noticed. Jays DAD turned in his playbook. what a b****. not to mention what if his dad decided to copy it off. You'd think theyd watch over those a whole lot more.

welcome aboard.

And why didn't jay have the playbook with him in nashville? Hmmmmmmmm that's kinda odd.