PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network might lose Adam Schefter

montrose
03-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Apparently the two are far apart in contract talks, which is why Schefter hasn't been on NFL Total Access or blogged at NFL.com in nearly a month - during the busiest time of the offseason. Considering the league is expected to pull the NFL Network from Comcast on May 1, this could make for an interesting turn of events.

Chris
03-30-2009, 11:35 AM
He should demand a trade.

crush17
03-30-2009, 11:36 AM
I am so effing pissed that they're pulling NFL network from Comcast.

I am ready to switch to DirecTV just for that.

Rabb
03-30-2009, 11:37 AM
I am so effing pissed that they're pulling NFL network from Comcast.

I am ready to switch to DirecTV just for that.

I know!!!

oh and I heard McDaniels was talking to them about a trade for CBS4, which explains the recent request for them not to report on anything

chew on that you conspiracy theorist ****s

Man-Goblin
03-30-2009, 11:39 AM
There really aren't too many places on a national scale he can go, though.

I wonder if he would benefit from starting up his very own, reputable website to go up against the trash that is out there right now.

montrose
03-30-2009, 11:40 AM

I wonder if he would benefit from starting up his very own, reputable website to go up against the trash that is out there right now.

Considering it looks like this is about money, I doubt that's an avenue he wants to take. I'm sure ESPN would love him, although they've got so many "insiders" it'd be interesting to see where he'd fit in.

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I wonder where Shefter will go if he doesn't continue with the NFLN. I'd love form him to come back to Denver but he'll probably go to ESPN or something like that... that would suck.

WolfpackGuy
03-30-2009, 11:41 AM
How far apart can they be on money?
Now is not the time to be whinin about pay, Adam.

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2009, 11:43 AM
From what I hear about Shefter's contract negotiations is that he and NFLN are miles apart. It's like night and day. Shefter is not even returning phone calls at this point...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Considering it looks like this is about money, I doubt that's an avenue he wants to take. I'm sure ESPN would love him, although they've got so many "insiders" it'd be interesting to see where he'd fit in.

And he wouldn't fit in with that culture. ESPN is all about "not a story? MAKE A STORY! WE MUST FILL 24 HOURS OF PROGRAMMING EVERY SINGLE DAY! Create a fake news conference! Make up sources and believe every internet report! Steal "scoops" and claim them as your own!"

Read Will Leitch's excellent God Save the Fan.

Schefter would do very well to start his own site.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-30-2009, 11:46 AM
From what I hear about Shefter's contract negotiations is that he and NFLN are miles apart. It's like night and day. Shefter is not even returning phone calls at this point...

A source close to the situation says that Adam is really upset by a phone call that he had with the brass at the NFL, and he's returning to Nashville tonight to play beer pong with his college buddies.

Making up stories is FUN!

Paladin
03-30-2009, 11:48 AM

He probably went off to his private hidey hole and turned off his phone. Gonna just punish the world by not talking to it.......

Meck77
03-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Bitching about millions right now eh? He's playing with fire.

DrFate
03-30-2009, 11:54 AM
And he wouldn't fit in with that culture. ESPN is all about "not a story? MAKE A STORY! WE MUST FILL 24 HOURS OF PROGRAMMING EVERY SINGLE DAY! Create a fake news conference! Make up sources and believe every internet report! Steal "scoops" and claim them as your own!"

Read Will Leitch's excellent God Save the Fan.

Schefter would do very well to start his own site.

My buddy is a Cowboys fan and I get no end of amusement out of his hatred for Ed Werder and his 'reporting'. :)

I don't know that Schefter could make (a lot) of money with a site...

bronco militia
03-30-2009, 11:55 AM
b****ing about millions right now eh? He's playing with fire.

no way.....Adam's at the top of his game right now.

Inkana7
03-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Come back to the Post, Adam. :(

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-30-2009, 12:06 PM
My buddy is a Cowboys fan and I get no end of amusement out of his hatred for Ed Werder and his 'reporting'. :)

I don't know that Schefter could make (a lot) of money with a site...

He could. I guarantee that he could. If he signed on with Scout.com, he'd be a multi-millionaire and Scout would get better reporting than it's ever had (Exhibits A & B are Athan and Booby Wendler over at Warpaint Illustrated). If he started his own, subscription-only website, I'd sign up right now.

What I'd be concerned with is if the NFL tells teams that Adam Schefter is not to be contacted with stories any longer. Collusion is alive and well.

Man-Goblin
03-30-2009, 12:09 PM

I meant a restaurant rating website.

Garcia Bronco
03-30-2009, 12:10 PM
The NFLN is going down. Comcast will stop carrying it May 1st

HEAV
03-30-2009, 12:14 PM

Outside of ESPN there isn't really another option that would fit him on a daily info basis.

HEAV
03-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Come back to the Post, Adam. :(

Paper is dead bro...sadly.

montrose
03-30-2009, 12:20 PM

LOL

Outside of ESPN there isn't really another option that would fit him on a daily info basis.

Maybe Fox Sports, but ESPN would make the most sense. They could fire Mort and Clayton and hire Schefter. Doubt it will happen, but it would greatly improve their network.

bronco militia
03-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Apparently the two are far apart in contract talks, which is why Schefter hasn't been on NFL Total Access or blogged at NFL.com in nearly a month - during the busiest time of the offseason. Considering the league is expected to pull the NFL Network from Comcast on May 1, this could make for an interesting turn of events.

so what is your source?

JunkyardWillie
03-30-2009, 12:23 PM
it was just reported that the NFL Network has been sending Adam text messages but he's not returning them.

montrose
03-30-2009, 12:27 PM
so what is your source?

Well I heard it through the grapevine, but it's also reported here - http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/2009/03/adam_schefter_has_disappeared.html

Kaylore
03-30-2009, 12:35 PM

:giggle:

bronco militia
03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Well I heard it through the grapevine, but it's also reported here - http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/2009/03/adam_schefter_has_disappeared.html

thanks

BroncoMan4ever
03-30-2009, 01:48 PM
who really cares he doesn't have his contacts in Denver anymore and is no longer the man breaking Broncos news so it isn't a big loss. besides he will find another job really easily