PDA

View Full Version : MCD talks about Prater

SpiritGuy
03-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Those who squirmed through the second half of the Broncos' 2008 season may have noticed one of the few positions the new administration hasn't touched is place-kicker.

New coach Josh McDaniels and special-teams coordinator Mike Priefer are aware of how Matt Prater was sensational early and maddening late. And while they will eventually bring in a younger kicker to compete with Prater, they aren't about to give up on him.

"He's a young player with a lot of ability," McDaniels said. "He went through a wall, if you will, where he didn't play quite as well in the second half of the year. You always hope there's significant growth between your first year and second year and again your second year and third year. I think he probably

A touchback machine through seven games when he made 13-of-14 field goals, Prater, 24, began leaking after the Week 8 bye week. He made only 12-of-20 field-goal attempts in the final nine games, and his kickoffs struggled to penetrate the 5-yard line.

"People talk about dealing with adversity, but sometimes dealing with success is just as much a challenge," McDaniels said. "The first half of the season, I'm not sure there was anybody better. That shows me we've got a guy who can do it. Our challenge is to get him to do it consistently for 16, 18 games, 20 counting the preseason."

Broncos work out players.

There aren't too many projected first- and second-round players the Broncos have worked out in recent weeks. Among those who recently got a look were Ohio State inside linebacker James Laurinaitis and Utah defensive end Paul Kruger.

They would be considered if they fell to the Broncos' No. 48 overall pick in round 2. With their No. 12 overall selection, the Broncos most likely will grab a defensive lineman,preferably a pass rusher if defensive tackle B.J. Raji is already gone.

found here (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12026430)

SouthStndJunkie
03-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Masterprating will make you go blind.

baja
03-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Got a brail keypad?

DBroncos4life
03-30-2009, 09:47 AM
It would be foolish to give up on him yet. I think he can be a good NFL kicker he just ran out of gas.

WolfpackGuy
03-30-2009, 09:53 AM
I think he was hurt or something about halfway through the year.
Way too soon to give up on him.
He's young, has a strong leg, and is cheap.
Did I just describe a hooker?

Rabb
03-30-2009, 09:55 AM
if we score more touchdowns, it won't matter

*yes I am kidding, I know sometimes it comes down to field goals

DBroncos4life
03-30-2009, 09:58 AM
I think he was hurt or something about halfway through the year.
Way too soon to give up on him.
He's young, has a strong leg, and is cheap.
Did I just describe a hooker?

I prefer my hookers to have only one strong leg too.

Pony Boy
03-30-2009, 10:18 AM
I heard he tried to commit suicide by hanging but couldn’t kick the stool out from under himself

Dagmar
03-30-2009, 10:22 AM
I heard he tried to commit suicide by hanging but couldn’t kick the stool out from under himself

That was a very bland "joke".

Pony Boy
03-30-2009, 10:33 AM
That was a very bland "joke".

Your right, but what's worse is it might bring out all the other kicker jokes

Man-Goblin
03-30-2009, 10:54 AM
McDaniels fails to mention that last year Prater's makes to misses ratio was inversely proportional to the number of tattoos on his body.