Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Combine 40 Time: 4.46.
Pro Day 40 Time: DNP.
Vertical: 32.5. Broad: 10-3.
Projected Round (2009): 5-6.

7 B. Ian Johnson, Boise State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 211.
Projected 40 Time: 4.47.
Combine 40 Time: 4.46."We want them to be big. One of the things, I've said since I arrived in Denver, we want to be tough, physical, and I think that's going to start up front on both sides of the ball. We're looking to add size, versatility, and we want to be able to stop the run, and that's going to play into what we do. If we can handle the run with the front seven and not have to drop a guy down, you know that's advantageous to us. We're trying to get to the point where we have enough people that are good players up front, and we have a hell of a defensive line coach in Wayne Nunnelly, and we're expecting Wayne to make all those guys better players. And we have some players that are coming back from last year that we're excited about to see what they can do and how they can fit in our scheme. Marcus Thomas, Kenny Peterson, Matthias Askew. There's a lot of guys we're going to find out about. We're looking for big guys."

Benchx225: 26. Vertical: . Broad: .
Projected Round (2009): 5-6.

I think the first pick will go DE Due the fact there is better value addressing NT in the middle rounds, There are not very many DE around 6'4" 295lb with a 40 of 4.91 the same goes for our second round pick. The third and fourth round goes for our center and OG of the future Remember that our new coach said in the Denver Post that he likes his lineman to be big.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11995243

"We want them to be big. One of the things, I've said since I arrived in Denver, we want to be tough, physical, and I think that's going to start up front on both sides of the ball. We're looking to add size, versatility, and we want to be able to stop the run, and that's going to play into what we do. If we can handle the run with the front seven and not have to drop a guy down, you know that's advantageous to us. We're trying to get to the point where we have enough people that are good players up front, and we have a hell of a defensive line coach in Wayne Nunnelly, and we're expecting Wayne to make all those guys better players. And we have some players that are coming back from last year that we're excited about to see what they can do and how they can fit in our scheme. Marcus Thomas, Kenny Peterson, Matthias Askew. There are a lot of guys we're going to find out about. We're looking for big guys."

Our fifth and sixth round picks we look at getting NT's and ILB the seventh we take a shot at RB and WR

Broncoman13
03-30-2009, 06:08 AM
I think there is a realistic chance that a team falls in love with either Sanchez or Oher and he's there at #12 and we get a few nice picks for either.

Ideally, it would be the Eagles and Michael Oher. A first and their 2nd round pick would be a no brainer and if they wanted Oher enough their two firsts are not out of the question. More likely though is one of their 1sts and 2nd round pick.

Another possibility is the Detroit Lions. If they go with Stafford at #1 they would probably be willing to deal the #20 and #33 for a chance at Oher or possibly even Andre Smith. The real problem with any scenario involving OT's is guys like Beatty and Britton. How high will GMs value them?

If we want guys like Jarron Gilbert or Connor Barwin we're going to need to sneak back into the first or top end of the 2nd. Barwin especially has increased his draft stock to that of a late first.

#20 Connor Barwin
#33 Ron Brace
#48 Ziggy Hood

is about the only real possibility I see.

#33 could be Gilbert, but then I see Brace as more of a need in the middle.

eddie mac
03-30-2009, 06:14 AM
Nice draft but Hill and Brinkley will not be there in the 5th rd. Good chance 1 or both will be gone by our 3rd rd pick.

mattob14
03-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Nice draft but Hill and Brinkley will not be there in the 5th rd. Good chance 1 or both will be gone by our 3rd rd pick.

Exactly. I love the Brinkley pick, but he's been moving up a bit and, if we want him, we'll probably have to use our 3rd. Other than that, great looking draft that effectively addresses both lines.

mattob14
03-30-2009, 09:00 AM
I think there is a realistic chance that a team falls in love with either Sanchez or Oher and he's there at #12 and we get a few nice picks for either.

Ideally, it would be the Eagles and Michael Oher. A first and their 2nd round pick would be a no brainer and if they wanted Oher enough their two firsts are not out of the question. More likely though is one of their 1sts and 2nd round pick.

Another possibility is the Detroit Lions. If they go with Stafford at #1 they would probably be willing to deal the #20 and #33 for a chance at Oher or possibly even Andre Smith. The real problem with any scenario involving OT's is guys like Beatty and Britton. How high will GMs value them?

If we want guys like Jarron Gilbert or Connor Barwin we're going to need to sneak back into the first or top end of the 2nd. Barwin especially has increased his draft stock to that of a late first.

#20 Connor Barwin
#33 Ron Brace
#48 Ziggy Hood

is about the only real possibility I see.

#33 could be Gilbert, but then I see Brace as more of a need in the middle.

This is still the route I'd prefer to go. There's just too much talent in the 20-50 range this year. I'd think that Jackson, Barwin, and Gilbert would be a possibility with #20, #33, and #48. We're still a month out, but right now I think Barwin and Gilbert are probably 2nd round picks, since both are so raw.

ludo21
03-30-2009, 09:50 AM
I really like that mock a lot. I doubt all the pieces fall to us so perfectly, but that would be a solid draft.

Barwin at 20? Will some team really pick him that high?