PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to open the season at home, vs. the Cowboys

RunYouOver26
03-29-2009, 01:00 PM
The new Texas Stadium will open in the same way the old one closed — in prime time.

Hopefully for the Cowboys, the outcome will be better this time.

According to Calvin Watkins of the Dallas Morning News, the first two regular-season games to be played at the new Texas Stadium will kick off at night.

This likely means that the Cowboys will play their first home game on Sunday night and their second home game on Monday night, or vice-versa.

Last year, the Cowboys hosted the Eagles on Monday night in Week Two and played at Green Bay on Sunday night in Week Three.

Watkins reports that the Cowboys are expected to open the regular season at Denver. Last year, Dallas also started the season with a road game against an AFC team, traveling to Cleveland.

Possible candidates for the Cowboys’ first two home games include the Redskins, Eagles, Giants, Falcons, Panthers, Seahawks, and Chargers.

The league has announced that the Cowboys will host the Raiders on Thanksgiving.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/29/first-two-texas-stadium-games-will-be-in-prime-time/

Finally opening up the season at home, hopefully with a big win against an NFC East team.:thumbsup:

Spider
03-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Dallas Has a team ? ........

cutthemdown
03-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Broncos have a brutal schedule. Welcome to the NFL Mcdaniels.

Paladin
03-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Broncos have a brutal schedule. Welcome to the NFL Mcdaniels.

Isn't that sort of dumb? He's been there, done that. Even went to the Super Bowl. Jeez.

Spider
03-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Isn't that sort of dumb? He's been there, done that. Even went to the Super Bowl. Jeez.

But this time he is the top dog , the head Cheese , numro Uno , top man on the totem pole , the big wig , the head Hancho , the ramrod , the Captain, the Boss , the over seer , the big dog , the one in charge , the leader , The mastermind ...........;D

Broncobuddy7
03-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Did the entire schedule come out?

Blueflame
03-29-2009, 02:17 PM

Not yet. Usually it's by mid-April.

Kaylore
03-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Its about time we opened at home for once! All of our super bowl seasons had us opening at home.

Yes, I'm a superstitious person.

Ambiguous
03-29-2009, 04:35 PM

Right now we only know of two games - Thanksgiving day vs the Giants and this one.

I'm already getting ready for Thanksgiving!

AbileneBroncoFan
03-29-2009, 04:49 PM
My hatred of the Raiders and Chargers is matched only by my hatred of the Cowboys. I hope we beat those mother****ers down. I want Cutler to have about 500 yards and 6 TDs since I brag on him to my friends who are all Cowboy fans. And I want Brian Dawkins to ruin Romo. What a tool.

cdabroncofan
03-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Brutal schedule, did you look at the Steelers schedule last year?

Gcver2ver3
03-29-2009, 07:29 PM
i ain't scared of the schedule...

Denver will beat the Cowboys at home...

Ambiguous
03-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Who has seen the Broncos play the Cowboys at Invesco? I hope it doesn't end up like the Steelers game in 07, with tons of opposing fans.

PaintballCLE
03-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Who has seen the Broncos play the Cowboys at Invesco? I hope it doesn't end up like the Steelers game in 07, with tons of opposing fans.

all games are like that now at invesco....

cutthemdown
03-29-2009, 08:02 PM

It's like the difference between flying in a plane and being the pilot. If you can't fathom it then........well I'm not surprised you don't see the difference.

Pony Boy
03-29-2009, 08:32 PM
My hatred of the Raiders and Chargers is matched only by my hatred of the Cowboys. I hope we beat those mother****ers down. I want Cutler to have about 500 yards and 6 TDs since I brag on him to my friends who are all Cowboy fans. And I want Brian Dawkins to ruin Romo. What a tool.

Be careful what you wish for, Cutler might be a Cowboy and you might be wearing a Romo jersey.

El Guapo
03-29-2009, 09:13 PM

The Broncos/Cowboys have never played at Invesco, IIRC. They play every four years, and four years ago we played @ Dallas on thanksgiving (I was there) and then 8 years ago at Mile High (I was there).

My dad is a huge 'boys fan, so it's a must attend game for us. :D

AbileneBroncoFan
03-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Be careful what you wish for, Cutler might be a Cowboy and you might be wearing a Romo jersey.

That will be the day I lose all hope for this franchise. I can guarantee you right now a team with Tony Romo has a 0% chance of winning the Super Bowl. If this travesty were to occur, then it would be time for me to worry about college football and to hope that Peyton Manning can get a couple of more rings before he retires, because I would have no hope for the Tony Romo led Denver Broncos. And I would vomit with every touchdown Cutler threw for the Cowgirls. Please do not even think of this doomsday scenario.

Broncobuddy7
03-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Not yet. Usually it's by mid-April.
Right now we only know of two games - Thanksgiving day vs the Giants and this one.

Thanks!

hades
03-30-2009, 09:50 AM
So they haven't set the date/time yet, just that they are opening at home. As soon as the date/time is set, I am putting in my vacation request at work and looking for airfare/rental car!

bronco militia
03-30-2009, 09:53 AM
this is not official yet

Los Broncos
03-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Great way to start the season since I know about a million Cowboy fans.

NFLBRONCO
03-30-2009, 10:24 AM
Brutal schedule, did you look at the Steelers schedule last year?

Yeah but, look at their D vs our D that's the point. If we had a great D I wouldn't care about our schedule in 09 but, since ours sucks its brutal.

Tombstone RJ
03-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Dallas Has a team ? ........

Yah, the Dallas Texans, they play in KC.