PDA

View Full Version : 311 and Ziggy Marley at Red Rocks!!!

Boobs McGee
03-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Didn't know if anyone else is going... June 12th at 7 pm.

ITS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!

One of my favorite bands, at the best place to see a concert! Their show last year was phenominal, I'm sure this is going to be just as rockin. AND ziggy marley....:strong:

If anybody wants to meet up and do some heavy tailgating, hit me up. We've got about 5 people so far.

WHOOPTY WHOOP!!!!

Tix are on livenation.com, got mine presale on friday so I'm not sure if they're sold out yet or not.

cheers!

Northman
03-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Pass on Ziggy, but love 311.

Boobs McGee
03-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Pass on Ziggy, but love 311.

I love reggae, and i THINK he's comin with the wailers. Saw them at the gothic a while back and it was pretty cool. Not a reggae fan? Or just not a ziggy fan?

311's new album uplifter is dropping on june 2nd...so HOPEfully they'll have a set for it!

!!!!!

you goin to the show?

edit: just saw you're in maryland. PROBLY not gonna see you there haha

SportinOne
03-28-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm going to see Ziggy at.. Rothbury, is it? I can't remember... Anyway, I think he is performing with NAS if my memory, currently a bit "cloudy", serves me correctly. That is pretty intriguing, though.. NAS was a great rapper in his prime.. he put out some stupid ****, too, but for the most part not bad. Wonder what kind of set they are putting on. NAS rapping with reggae background? Seems most obvious.

Saw the wailers at summerfest last year. Solid, of course.

Boobs McGee
03-28-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm going to see Ziggy at.. Rothbury, is it? I can't remember... Anyway, I think he is performing with NAS if my memory, currently a bit "cloudy", serves me correctly. That is pretty intriguing, though.. NAS was a great rapper in his prime.. he put out some stupid ****, too, but for the most part not bad. Wonder what kind of set they are putting on. NAS rapping with reggae background? Seems most obvious.

Saw the wailers at summerfest last year. Solid, of course.

NICE

yes, things are always "cloudy" when it comes to reggae shows ;) NAS is also one of my faves, should be pretty dope over some reggae beats!!! keep me posted on that one

Northman
03-29-2009, 09:40 AM
I love reggae, and i THINK he's comin with the wailers. Saw them at the gothic a while back and it was pretty cool. Not a reggae fan? Or just not a ziggy fan?

311's new album uplifter is dropping on june 2nd...so HOPEfully they'll have a set for it!

!!!!!

you goin to the show?

edit: just saw you're in maryland. PROBLY not gonna see you there haha

nah, i havent been in Denver for quite a while although i love Red Rocks. I dont mind reggae but i enjoy it more when it has a mixture of rock morphed into like what 311 did on Transistor (one of my favorite albums of alltime). Either way, hope you enjoy the show. ^5

cutthemdown
03-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Best place to see a concert? Hmm IMO the best places are small venues but I have never been to red rock. It looks really cool though I have to admit.

El Guapo
03-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Seen them both multiple times, just not at red rocks. dang. That would be awesome.

311 is coming to Dallas as part of a music festival one of the radio stations does. 311 is one of my fav's, but the lineup makes me not want to go...

Korn
Blue October
Papa Roach
Shinedown
Taking Back Sunday
The Used
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
10 Years
Drive A
Electric Touch
Anberlin
Framing Hanley
Aranda
Veer Union

yerner
03-29-2009, 12:17 PM
I've been to red rocks. Its friggin awesome. Ziggy is awesome. Everything is awesome.

Jerry Curl
03-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Red Rocks is indeed the best place for a concert...I'll be at this one :)

Florida_Bronco
03-29-2009, 01:51 PM
Huge 311 fan here. 311 is one of the best live concerts you'll ever see.

Dagmar
03-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Best place to see a concert? Hmm IMO the best places are small venues but I have never been to red rock. It looks really cool though I have to admit.

Red Rocks is the best venue on the planet. I have been to shows all over the UK, London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, been to shows in Paris and NY... nothing beats Red Rocks.

Boobs McGee
03-29-2009, 02:03 PM
nah, i havent been in Denver for quite a while although i love Red Rocks. I dont mind reggae but i enjoy it more when it has a mixture of rock morphed into like what 311 did on Transistor (one of my favorite albums of alltime). Either way, hope you enjoy the show. ^5

ME TOO! and thanks, the show will definitely be enjoyed :thumbs:

Boobs McGee
03-29-2009, 02:05 PM
cutthemdown you HAVE to get up there and check out a show sometime...I love small venues too, but there's something really intimate about Red Rocks. Not to mention the acoustics from the natural ampitheatre. I haven't been EVERYWHERE by any stretch of the means, but RR is by far the best I've been to in terms of sound/atmosphere/funfactor.

Try to get out there and check it out man!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-29-2009, 02:12 PM

You've NEVER been to Red Rocks?? Holy hell, man... I love small venues as much as the next guy, but Red Rocks in all its midsummer glory is the best place in the states to see a concert. The Gorge in Washington is a close, close second.

Also, this concert sounds like THE BALLS. I will be there, no doubt.

I actually got to meet 311 a few years ago when I was working for 93.3... it was the Big Adventure show at Fiddlers Green in... 2001, I think? Anyway, totally badass show. Met them and Blink backstage, and actually watched 311 from backstage. ****ing. Badass.

Northman
03-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I saw some great concerts at Red Rocks. Saw Stryper, Loudness, and TNT in 87' and Clash of the Titans feat Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, and Alice n Chains in 90'. Great stuff.