PDA

View Full Version : Big Boards - who is moving up/down ???

ZONA
03-27-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm curious what some of you think about certain draft prospects now that the combine is past as well as several pro days.

One player I've seen moving up on many boards is Larry English. Went from 255 to 270. His bio reads that he's explosive, athletic, fast and has a high motor but lacked size and coverage ability. I wonder if he's trying to gain size to establish himself as a true DE in a 4-3 rather then a OLB in a 3-4 since he was not great in coverage.

elsid13
03-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Conner Barwin from Cinncy is moving up and other player is Ayers from Tenn. Both players were 3rd/4th rounders when this draft process started that are now rocketing up the draft broads.

Punisher
03-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Maybin from Peen State moved up i taught for sure he'll be a 2nd round pick now hes a top ten prospect.

Broncoman13
03-27-2009, 06:51 PM
UP-
Ayers
Maybin
English
Mathews
Heyward-Bey
Barwin
Gilbert

DOWN-
Jenkins
Andre Smith
Tyson Jackson
Maualuga
Laurinaitis

Guys that will probably get drafted higher than the Orangemane is thinking...

Mark Sanchez, Clay Mathews, William Moore, Connor Barwin, Michael Johnson, Peria Jerry, and Beanie Wells.

Punisher
03-27-2009, 06:56 PM
UP-
Ayers
Maybin
English
Mathews
Heyward-Bey
Barwin
Gilbert

DOWN-
Jenkins
Andre Smith
Tyson Jackson
Maualuga
Laurinaitis

Mark Sanchez, Clay Mathews, William Moore, Connor Barwin, Michael Johnson, Peria Jerry, and Beanie Wells.

I think Maualuga could slide down to a late 1st round pick or a mid 2nd.As for Jackson it seems like everyone in Espn thinks where gonna draft him and he really doesn't impress me.

FireFly
03-27-2009, 07:44 PM
UP-
Ayers
Maybin
English
Mathews
Heyward-Bey
Barwin
Gilbert

DOWN-
Jenkins
Andre Smith
Tyson Jackson
Maualuga
Laurinaitis

If these guys keep dropping and we could move back, pick up some extra picks and get either or both of them that would make my day!

FireFly
03-27-2009, 07:45 PM
UP-
Ayers
Maybin
English
Mathews
Heyward-Bey
Barwin
Gilbert

DOWN-
Jenkins
Andre Smith
Tyson Jackson
Maualuga
Laurinaitis

He'll be gone in the top 15 at worst. I just really hope he's gone when we pick! (which imo he will be)

Hamrob
03-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Maualuga won't make it past San Diego.

OrangeRising
03-27-2009, 11:10 PM
I have seen several mock drafts that predict Denver will take DT BJ Raji, but from what I've read, he will most likely be taken inside the top ten. Has anyone seen anything that would indicate he's falling, and for what reason would he fall?

Anaximines
03-27-2009, 11:14 PM
I have seen several mock drafts that predict Denver will take DT BJ Raji, but from what I've read, he will most likely be taken inside the top ten. Has anyone seen anything that would indicate he's falling, and for what reason would he fall?

Yeah, I'm surprised to have seen several mocks in the last two weeks that have him falling to us as well whereas other people seem to think he's a lock to be top 5. That's the nature of the business! :twokisses

SouthStndJunkie
03-27-2009, 11:42 PM
UP-
Ayers
Maybin
English
Mathews
Heyward-Bey
Barwin
Gilbert

DOWN-
Jenkins
Andre Smith
Tyson Jackson
Maualuga
Laurinaitis

I am wary of Ayers and Maybin.

ZONA
03-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised to have seen several mocks in the last two weeks that have him falling to us as well whereas other people seem to think he's a lock to be top 5. That's the nature of the business! :twokisses

Yup, here's one of them.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

ZONA
03-27-2009, 11:55 PM
I wonder how much inside knowledge others have as to who teams might pick. I would say 90% of the mock drafts have the same top 5 players going exactly like this.

1. Detroit Lions: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia

2. St. Louis Rams: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

3. KC Chiefs: Aaron Curry, OLB, WF

4. Seattle Seahawks: Eugene Monroe, OT, UVA

5. Cleveland Browns: Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, UT

Kaylore
03-27-2009, 11:55 PM
UP-
Ayers
Maybin
English
Mathews
Heyward-Bey
Barwin
Gilbert

DOWN-
Jenkins
Andre Smith
Tyson Jackson
Maualuga
Laurinaitis

Good list. You can add Nate Smith to the "draft stock plummeting" list. And also add Orakpo for both the "up" section as well as the "will be drafted higher than the orange mane thinks."

Kaylore
03-27-2009, 11:56 PM
I am wary of Ayers and Maybin.

Ayers was awesome at the senior bowl. Maybe it was a fluke but he did well at the combine too. It's possible that the coaching staff at Tennessee sucked (This has pretty much always been the case) and so that stunted his development.

SouthStndJunkie
03-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Ayers was awesome at the senior bowl. Maybe it was a fluke but he did well at the combine too. It's possible that the coaching staff at Tennessee sucked (This has pretty much always been the case) and so that stunted his development.

If I am going to spend a first round pick on a 'premier' pass rusher, I want more production than 9 sacks in 4 years.

Add in some off-field issues in college.

Pass on Ayers in round one.

Just my opinion.

FireFly
03-28-2009, 12:43 AM

IMHO, he goes to the Bengals.

If they don't go OT, that's my pick for them. (Raji that is)

Archer81
03-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Seen three different lines of thought for the Broncos in mock drafts. Raji, Clay Mathews or Brian Cushing.

:Broncos:

CEH
03-28-2009, 07:52 AM
I wonder how much inside knowledge others have as to who teams might pick. I would say 90% of the mock drafts have the same top 5 players going exactly like this.

1. Detroit Lions: Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia

2. St. Louis Rams: Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

3. KC Chiefs: Aaron Curry, OLB, WF

4. Seattle Seahawks: Eugene Monroe, OT, UVA

5. Cleveland Browns: Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, UT

Don't be suprised to see Orakpo and Curry switch.
Orakpo may be the first D player off the board if KC is looking for pass rushing help. Curry had all of 9 sacks in 4 years at Wake

TonyR
03-28-2009, 08:46 AM
...add Orakpo for both the "up" section as well as the "will be drafted higher than the orange mane thinks."

Definitely mixed messages out there on him. Did you see/hear about this?

Dissenting Opinions Emerge On Orakpo Workout
Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2009, 10:59 p.m. EDT

Earlier in the day, NFL.com’s Gil Brandt offered up a glowing review of Brian Orakpo’s Pro Day workout.

But not everyone feels that way.

Per one league source, some scouts viewed the linebacker/defensive end’s workout as “brutal.”

According to the source, Orakpo is regarded by some as having “great athletic abilities but bad football skills.” It’s prompting some to question whether Orakpo merits even a first-round pick.

If this sounds familiar, it should. There’s a chance that Orakpo could be the latest in a line of “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” players, including past first-rounders like Vernon Gholston and Mike Mamula. (Then there’s Alabama’s Andre Smith, who as one reader pointed out after Smith’s recent shirtless sprint “plays like Tarzan, looks like Jane.”)

Even Gil Brandt, who is regarded by many as having a bias in favor of Texas football, acknowledges that Orakpo is “one of those guys that appears to play hard 90 percent of the time, but takes a vacation the other 10 percent.”

It’s the kind of attitude that could put a coach or a G.M. on vacation 100 percent of the time if they pick Orakpo, and if he doesn’t deliver.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/25/dissenting-opinions-emerge-on-orakpo-workout/

NFLBRONCO
03-28-2009, 10:24 AM
If I am going to spend a first round pick on a 'premier' pass rusher, I want more production than 9 sacks in 4 years.

Add in some off-field issues in college.

Pass on Ayers in round one.

Just my opinion.

No doubt

tsiguy96
03-28-2009, 10:32 AM
jason williams from western illinois (my school) is flying up the draft boards. best measurables of any LB, played great and covered some of the best TE prospects in college in the senior bowl (or was it east/west game?)

would be someone to look at...

gyldenlove
03-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Players on the way down:

Alphonso Smith, CB
DJ Moore, CB
Knowshon Moreno, RB
Everette Brown, DE/OLB

On the way up:

Jarron Gilbert, DE
Ziggy Hood, DT
Michael Oher, OT
Ron Brace, DT
Josh Freeman, QB

bap454
03-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Wondering...... Did I read something about a orangemane mock draft contest?? I would like to get involved if it exists.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-28-2009, 10:41 AM
If this sounds familiar, it should. There’s a chance that Orakpo could be the latest in a line of “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane” players, including past first-rounders like Vernon Gholston and Mike Mamula. (Then there’s Alabama’s Andre Smith, who as one reader pointed out after Smith’s recent shirtless sprint “plays like Tarzan, looks like Jane.”)

Gotta love how Florio's football knowledge extends to the examples of Mike Mamula ('95 draft), and Gholston who just finished his rookie year and everyone acknowledged was incredibly raw in the first place.

The guy is a veritable encyclopedia of football knowledge. Why he chases ambulances and then runs a rumor website in just his spare time is just criminal to me. He should be cranking out crap like that full time.

Doggcow
03-28-2009, 03:01 PM
I want Donald Brown, RB, UConn in like the 3rd.

tsiguy96
03-28-2009, 03:06 PM
I want Donald Brown, RB, UConn in like the 3rd.

hell be gone in the first.