PDA

View Full Version : Scott Pioli in Denver (another dumb blog trade)

HEAV
03-26-2009, 09:39 PM
LJ and Cassel for Cutler and Scheffler?

According to an undisclosed source, new General Manager of the Kansas City Chiefs, Scott Pioli, was in Denver, CO yesterday.

Implications abound as to why Pioli would have been in the Mile High City. Was he just stopping by on his way back to Kansas City from the league meetings that took place in Dana Point, CA to say hi to an old colleague of his in Josh McDaniels? Was he just refueling the team’s private jet and had some time to kill with a lunch?

Regardless, Pioli was in Denver for an extended amount of time yesterday. The extended amount of time was enough for him to land at Centennial Airport and venture off the tarmac. The airport is a stones throw away from the Denver Broncos headquarters at Dove Valley in Englewood, CO. Correct information on whether Pioli's plane did indeed land at Centennial are not clear at this time.

Pioli would have definitely had enough time to make a visit with McDaniels if indeed that was his reason for landing in Colorado. There is no doubt that McDaniels, at this point, could use Matt Cassel more than ever. With the ongoing feud between him and current starting quarterback for the Broncos, Jay Cutler, McDaniels should be and probably is, looking for a way to still get the guy he wants, Cassel.

The Chiefs have an unhappy running back in Larry Johnson that would love to get out of Kansas City. The Broncos have an unhappy quarterback in Jay Cutler that would love to get out of Denver. The Chiefs have a quarterback that the Broncos covet and the Broncos have a quarterback that the Chiefs would love to have in the fold. The Broncos also have a very under documented case of an unhappy tight end in Tony Scheffler. The Chiefs are looking for a capable heir to Tony Gonzalez and Scheffler is an athletic, good sized solution to that dilemma.

Again, this is all speculation but the pieces do match-up and McDaniels would still get his guy. The Broncos can’t be on the short end of the stick if they do indeed decide to trade Cutler and the Chiefs-Broncos solution would be a win-win for both sides.

http://www.jocklife.net/news/nfl/scott-pioli-denver-%E2%80%93-lj-and-cassel-cutler-and-scheffler-21185
------
:spit:

This guy is a Broncos fan according to his blog. This would be a stupid trade IMO.

BroncoDoug
03-26-2009, 09:43 PM
This is the dumbest thing I've heard yet...

BroncoMan4ever
03-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Cassel, LJ, Gonzo, Bowe and a high draft pick for Cutler and Scheff is the only way that trade is even feasible and still we are getting ripped in my opinion

bowtown
03-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Cassel, LJ, Gonzo, Bowe and a high draft pick for Cutler and Scheff is the only way that trade is even feasible and still we are getting ripped in my opinion

LOL, I think you may be overvaluing a few things on our end and undervaluing a few things on theirs.

BroncoDoug
03-26-2009, 10:15 PM

Yeah, anything from that franchise is tainted, and I want no part of that here....

cutler_to_marshall
03-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Insert "Oh Not this **** Again" !

NFLBRONCO
03-26-2009, 10:23 PM
LJ and Cassel for Cutler and Scheffler?

According to an undisclosed source, new General Manager of the Kansas City Chiefs, Scott Pioli, was in Denver, CO yesterday.

Implications abound as to why Pioli would have been in the Mile High City. Was he just stopping by on his way back to Kansas City from the league meetings that took place in Dana Point, CA to say hi to an old colleague of his in Josh McDaniels? Was he just refueling the teamís private jet and had some time to kill with a lunch?

Regardless, Pioli was in Denver for an extended amount of time yesterday. The extended amount of time was enough for him to land at Centennial Airport and venture off the tarmac. The airport is a stones throw away from the Denver Broncos headquarters at Dove Valley in Englewood, CO. Correct information on whether Pioli's plane did indeed land at Centennial are not clear at this time.

Pioli would have definitely had enough time to make a visit with McDaniels if indeed that was his reason for landing in Colorado. There is no doubt that McDaniels, at this point, could use Matt Cassel more than ever. With the ongoing feud between him and current starting quarterback for the Broncos, Jay Cutler, McDaniels should be and probably is, looking for a way to still get the guy he wants, Cassel.

The Chiefs have an unhappy running back in Larry Johnson that would love to get out of Kansas City. The Broncos have an unhappy quarterback in Jay Cutler that would love to get out of Denver. The Chiefs have a quarterback that the Broncos covet and the Broncos have a quarterback that the Chiefs would love to have in the fold. The Broncos also have a very under documented case of an unhappy tight end in Tony Scheffler. The Chiefs are looking for a capable heir to Tony Gonzalez and Scheffler is an athletic, good sized solution to that dilemma.

Again, this is all speculation but the pieces do match-up and McDaniels would still get his guy. The Broncos canít be on the short end of the stick if they do indeed decide to trade Cutler and the Chiefs-Broncos solution would be a win-win for both sides.

http://www.jocklife.net/news/nfl/scott-pioli-denver-%E2%80%93-lj-and-cassel-cutler-and-scheffler-21185
------
:spit:

This guy is a Broncos fan according to his blog. This would be a stupid trade IMO.

Stupid trade also within division but, scary scenerio to wonder about. Where is 3rd overall pick in that deal?

baja
03-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Excuse me I'm going to go sit on the toilet maybe I can work up a dump that could be productive...

Eldorado
03-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Jocklife? Really?? So, that's a source now?

Eldorado
03-26-2009, 10:33 PM
btw, Boob beat you by three minutes. ****ing loser.

WABronco
03-26-2009, 10:36 PM
LOL, I think you may be overvaluing a few things on our end and undervaluing a few things on theirs.

Just a little.

Pony Boy
03-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Sure! Let's go against Cutler twice a year for the next 10 years?
As Terry Bradshaw said "I may be dumb but I'm not stupid"

bronclvr
03-27-2009, 08:38 AM
What is it now, anyone can be a Journalist? Maybe he has a relative here, or maybe he is buying Rocky Mountain Oysters, for heaven's sake-nobody knows where is has gone, there are no eyewitness reports of being seen at Dove Valley, or with McDaniels, no nothing-and why (if he was stopping to talk to the Broncos) did this conversation not happen in California at the Owner's Meeting? They were all there-

I do not buy any of this, especially on a "Blog"-:nono:

theAPAOps5
03-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Remember I used to work at Centennial and there was a huge snow storm. My thinking is the plane landed and the Main Runway was in the process of being cleared there was a line for deicing and they went inside the FBO. I sincerely doubt they drove over to DV.

Just my take on it as I know in a major snow storm planes get put in holding patterns as the airspace backs up. They probably had Centennial listed as an alternate on their flight plan and had to divert to refuel as it was clear they would be under the allowed reserves for fuel.

Again thats my theory and I am sticking to it! :)

BroncoMan4ever
03-27-2009, 01:31 PM

well considering my trade scenario has us giving Cutler who in the initial trade talks was going to get us Cassel and 2-1st round picks i am not overvaluing anything, in fact i am cutting us short on the trade.

Cassel, LJ, Gonzo, Bowe and a high draft pick is what the trade would need in return for Cutler and Scheff.

at this point in time, no one in the league will give the Chiefs more than a 4th for LJ, and no more than a 3rd for Gonzo. add in that we are tossing in a really young good TE, who when healthy is among the NFL elite at the position. so no, there is no overvaluing our players in that trade

SoCalBronco
03-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Why would we want a washed up bigot and a mere game manager?

Broncoman13
03-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Remember I used to work at Centennial and there was a huge snow storm. My thinking is the plane landed and the Main Runway was in the process of being cleared there was a line for deicing and they went inside the FBO. I sincerely doubt they drove over to DV.

Just my take on it as I know in a major snow storm planes get put in holding patterns as the airspace backs up. They probably had Centennial listed as an alternate on their flight plan and had to divert to refuel as it was clear they would be under the allowed reserves for fuel.

Again thats my theory and I am sticking to it! :)

You forgot a key point though. He was in town on the 25th not the 26th.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-27-2009, 04:37 PM
All the broncos brass isin cali anyway. Plus, since when do GM's make personal visits to discuss trades. No phones in KC? This is a non story