PDA

View Full Version : Pioli in Denver? Why?

Bob's your Information Minister
03-26-2009, 08:36 PM
http://www.jocklife.net/news/nfl/scott-pioli-denver-%E2%80%93-lj-and-cassel-cutler-and-scheffler-21185

According to an undisclosed source, new General Manager of the Kansas City Chiefs, Scott Pioli, was in Denver, CO yesterday.

Implications abound as to why Pioli would have been in the Mile High City. Was he just stopping by on his way back to Kansas City from the league meetings that took place in Dana Point, CA to say hi to an old colleague of his in Josh McDaniels? Was he just refueling the teamís private jet and had some time to kill with a lunch?

Regardless, Pioli was in Denver for an extended amount of time yesterday. The extended amount of time was enough for him to land at Centennial Airport and venture off the tarmac. The airport is a stones throw away from the Denver Broncos headquarters at Dove Valley in Englewood, CO. Correct information on whether Pioli's plane did indeed land at Centennial are not clear at this time.

Pioli would have definitely had enough time to make a visit with McDaniels if indeed that was his reason for landing in Colorado. There is no doubt that McDaniels, at this point, could use Matt Cassel more than ever. With the ongoing feud between him and current starting quarterback for the Broncos, Jay Cutler, McDaniels should be and probably is, looking for a way to still get the guy he wants, Cassel.

The Chiefs have an unhappy running back in Larry Johnson that would love to get out of Kansas City. The Broncos have an unhappy quarterback in Jay Cutler that would love to get out of Denver. The Chiefs have a quarterback that the Broncos covet and the Broncos have a quarterback that the Chiefs would love to have in the fold. The Broncos also have a very under documented case of an unhappy tight end in Tony Scheffler. The Chiefs are looking for a capable heir to Tony Gonzalez and Scheffler is an athletic, good sized solution to that dilemma.

Again, this is all speculation but the pieces do match-up and McDaniels would still get his guy. The Broncos canít be on the short end of the stick if they do indeed decide to trade Cutler and the Chiefs-Broncos solution would be a win-win for both sides.

SureShot
03-26-2009, 08:42 PM
So let me get this straight, Josh doesn't like Jay but would want LJ?

Steve Sewell
03-26-2009, 08:42 PM
If Broncos management is so retarded as to consider trading a QB of Cutler's caliber to a division rival for a one year wonder like Cassel, I have lost all hope.

Oh and you're still a fat, gay virgin.

GreatBronco16
03-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Man I just ate a chocolate brownie cake. Low fat at that too. Was pretty good, my wife is a good cook.

Crushisback
03-26-2009, 08:46 PM
I ate left over meatloaf for dinner.

Bronx33
03-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Atta boy buster
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5024/bustersquatvariation1a.jpg

Popps
03-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Boob, be straight with us...

is the deal done?

GreatBronco16
03-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Boob, be straight with us...

is the deal done?

LOL

Popps
03-26-2009, 09:02 PM
The Broncos also have a very under documented case of an unhappy tight end in Tony Scheffler.

On a side note, does anyone else find this hysterical?

".... I started 14 games in two years and I'm pissed! I have LEVERAGE!!"

LOL

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Another wannabe sports writer on another piece of ****, wannabe sports authority website. Why post this bull****?

TDmvp
03-26-2009, 09:04 PM
http://www.robdamanii.com/macros/this-thread-sucks3.thumbnail.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
03-26-2009, 09:17 PM
If Broncos management is so retarded as to consider trading a QB of Cutler's caliber to a division rival for a one year wonder like Cassel, I have lost all hope.

Oh and you're still a fat, gay virgin.

i agree. if we are going to trade him, send his ass to the NFC or at least another division in the AFC instead of the Chiefs. i don't want to see Jay twice a year beating our asses

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-26-2009, 09:22 PM
http://www.jocklife.net/news/nfl/scott-pioli-denver-%E2%80%93-lj-and-cassel-cutler-and-scheffler-21185

Correct information on whether Pioli's plane did indeed land at Centennial are not clear at this time.

I love that line in the piece, yet the writer thinks this bull**** story was still worthing of publishing.

Here's a tip for everyone that thinks they want to run an 'inside sports information' website (ie Bob and his D&D buddies) - you are NOT on the inside, you don't have "sources", people don't give you information and, above all, you have zero clue about what you're doing. So stop wasting everyone's time by scampering to post this drivel just because some douche clicks "publish" on his fake-ass blog.

Popps
03-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Bob, is this Dairy Queen-source or the guy who works the nacho cart at the Shell Food-mart?

03-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Wow, just passing along news. You guys are jerks sometimes.

Eldorado
03-26-2009, 09:34 PM
u suck.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-26-2009, 09:37 PM

Your problem, among other things, is that you live in this fantasy world where crap like this is "news" to you.

BroncoBuff
03-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Cutler and Scheffler ... for Larry Johnson, Cassel and the #3 (Raji) and #34 overall picks?

That's not enough ... and it's a dangerous, dangerous trade.

03-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Your problem, among other things, is that you live in this fantasy world where crap like this is "news" to you.

If anyone claims to have a source that says Pioli was in Denver, it's worth crossposting. Get off your high horse.

03-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Cutler and Scheffler ... for Larry Johnson, Cassel and the #3 (Raji) and #34 overall picks?

You act like Scheffler is worth anything. He's worth more to the Broncos than any other team.

We'd give you Cassel for Cutler and call it a day, and McDonalds would be overjoyed. But Pioli's smarter than that.

DBroncos4life
03-26-2009, 10:09 PM
I bet he missed people with teeth so he stayed a little longer.

GreatBronco16
03-26-2009, 10:15 PM

You act like we care about any news that you think you have to pass along. Since when did you begin to think that we care about you?

FireFly
03-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Ok - flaming aside.

If this IS true, I'm quite concerned. I mean even the prospect that we would consider trading Cutler to a division rival is horrible.

Even if its a 3-way sending Culter somewhere else and picks to KC. I just don't like the idea that we'd consider it

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-26-2009, 10:20 PM
If anyone claims to have a source that says Pioli was in Denver, it's worth crossposting. Get off your high horse.

"Undisclosed source"
"Implications..."
"Correct information on whether Pioli's plane did indeed land at Centennial are not clear at this time."
"Again, this is all speculation..."

Do you or do you not know how to interpret fact from fiction - how to decipher what's actually news from what some retard posts from his mom's basement?

And if you don't like how others judge your supposed "news", then here's a tip - stop posting this bull****. Leave it for the boards at Chiefsplanet to blast into.

Besides, how many GMs do you know that fly in to do business in-person?

FireFly
03-26-2009, 10:25 PM
"Undisclosed source"
"Implications..."
"Correct information on whether Pioli's plane did indeed land at Centennial are not clear at this time."
"Again, this is all speculation..."

Do you or do you not know how to interpret fact from fiction - how to decipher what's actually news from what some retard posts from his mom's basement?

And if you don't like how others judge your supposed "news", then here's a tip - stop posting this bull****. Leave it for the boards at Chiefsplanet to blast into.

Besides, how many GMs do you know that fly in to do business in-person?

Oh, ok. I think I get it. Is everyone's concern that he's just made this stuff up?

Is it true Bob? Did you make it up? Or do you know it to be false? If so, that's why everyone is mean to you. :peace:

03-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Jesus. Goodnight.

Florida_Bronco
03-26-2009, 10:35 PM
This is the same site that has a poster here who spams this, and other boards, promoting this crap.

Why am I not surprised that Bobo would lock onto such a 4th rate web blog? This is like a match made in basement-dwelling, virgin heaven.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Who cares even if he was there? Since when do general managers fly to make trades? Maybe he was getting in some skiing

And Bob's a moron...Cassel for cutler straight up? And Pioli is "too smart" to make that deal? Right

BroncoBuff
03-26-2009, 10:40 PM
You act like Scheffler is worth anything. He's worth more to the Broncos than any other team.

We'd give you Cassel for Cutler and call it a day, and McDonalds would be overjoyed. But Pioli's smarter than that.

You don't honestly believe Cassel is close to equal value for Cutler, do you? The Bucs-Pats-Broncos deal purportedly would have netted Denver Cassel and the #1 and #20 overall picks for Cutler and our 2nd or 3rd rounder. Brush up on those player evals, son.

And speaking of player evals, Larry Johnson is virtually without any value at all. You'll get a 3rd or 4th round pick if you're lucky.

Popps
03-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Hey guys, make sure you're sitting down...

I can't confirm this, but I just went up to 7-11 to get slushee and the guy behind the counter... ****, I mean my source said that Josh McDaniels was seen talking on his cell phone at 3:55 PM MST... the same time the groundskeeper for the Cleveland Browns was seen talking on his cell phone.
(At least that's what I think he said. He's Indian, so I don't understand much of what he says, but I'm sure that was it.)

Anyway, this is clearly proof that there IS a deal in the works, and Josh McDaniels is having covert discussions with Cleveland's head groundskeeper to pound out the details.

Archer81
03-26-2009, 10:43 PM
http://www.jocklife.net/news/nfl/scott-pioli-denver-%E2%80%93-lj-and-cassel-cutler-and-scheffler-21185.

Why are you pimping jocklife?

:Broncos:

Dudeskey
03-26-2009, 10:57 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/133/372129251_da022fa627.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
03-26-2009, 10:58 PM

**** that if we get number 3 take curry and then at 34 get Brace

BroncoMan4ever
03-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Hey guys, make sure you're sitting down...

I can't confirm this, but I just went up to 7-11 to get slushee and the guy behind the counter... ****, I mean my source said that Josh McDaniels was seen talking on his cell phone at 3:55 PM MST... the same time the groundskeeper for the Cleveland Browns was seen talking on his cell phone.
(At least that's what I think he said. He's Indian, so I don't understand much of what he says, but I'm sure that was it.)

Anyway, this is clearly proof that there IS a deal in the works, and Josh McDaniels is having covert discussions with Cleveland's head groundskeeper to pound out the details.

a rake and a shovel in exchange for Jay. damn McDaniels drives a hard bargain

BroncoMan4ever
03-26-2009, 11:01 PM
You don't honestly believe Cassel is close to equal value for Cutler, do you? The Bucs-Pats-Broncos deal purportedly would have netted Denver Cassel and the #1 and #20 overall picks for Cutler and our 2nd or 3rd rounder. Brush up on those player evals, son.

And speaking of player evals, Larry Johnson is virtually without any value at all. You'll get a 3rd or 4th round pick if you're lucky.

i doubt they even get that much. an aged RB with a lot of wear and tear, a bad attitude, dimishing skills, and a mega contract. it is likely he goes the way of Shaun Alexander, and just gets cut.

ZONA
03-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Larry Johnson and Schef are not really anything in this alleged deal besides 2 teams who would rather switch these players. I love Cutler but if you're telling me we could get Cassel, #3 and #34 and Larry Johnson for Cutler and Scheffler, I think you do that.

Obviously under the eye of McD, Cassel has and probably would excel again. Then you get the 3rd overall pick, which could be Raji or Curry and then #34, which could be anything from Robert Ayers, Tyson Jackson, Clay Mathews, Larry English, Micheal Johnson, etc... I think a good player is gonna be there at #34.

I love me some cutler but hell yeah I would make that deal. But it won't happen.

03-26-2009, 11:09 PM
You don't honestly believe Cassel is close to equal value for Cutler, do you?

Ask Josh McDonalds.

GreatBronco16
03-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Ask Josh McDonalds.

Apparently he doesn't think so either.

24champ
03-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Deal is done!

Taco John
03-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Ask Josh McDonalds.

Yeah, he wanted two first rounders and Cassel.

You're getting sucked in by jocklife? They're the site that runs around spamming boards pretending like they just ran across their stuff and it's worth discussing. You don't think they might want to take advantage of the hottest topic in the NFL right now to try and drive traffic? What's another false rumor to them if it drives the numbers?

GreatBronco16
03-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Oh yeah I forgot. That link made my AVG go ape****. How bout moving this one to the butt?

TDmvp
03-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Oh yeah I forgot. That link made my AVG go ape****. How bout moving this one to the butt?

heheh

Yea I'm scared now to even go to my standard "this thread sucks" pic ...
Could be viral ...

OBF1
03-27-2009, 12:50 AM
My source at the Broncos store at Dove Valley old me that Poli was there to buy himself some Bronco's gear. The secret is out, POLI is a huge Bronco fan.

Beantown Bronco
03-27-2009, 06:38 AM
Apparently, this is what happens when Bob's mom forgets to lock up the camcorder when she goes to bed:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_lrKhmx2WU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_lrKhmx2WU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Jesus. Goodnight.

Cry about it, boob.

Hotrod
03-27-2009, 07:39 AM
I say they throw in #3 and a 3rd rounder and make it happen.

Jays a bitch

DenverBrit
03-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Wow, just passing gas. You guys are jerks sometimes.
Whereas, I'm a jerk all the time. I work hard at it! Slackers!

We know.

crazyhorse
03-27-2009, 09:28 AM
I wouldnt trade straight across for Cutler.

You guys thinking that people are gonna "sell the farm" for a quitter is crazy.

1st, I dont think we would trade for him period. But just to entertain the notion that a trade were to be discussed. Do you think Pioli is about to be duped into trading the farm for a malcontent quitter that has a drinking problem?

This guy continues to show, even after a month that he cant reign in his emotions. There have been better players than him that faced the same thing that have been able to gain control over their egos to do what is best for thier carreers. This guy continues to shoot himself in the foot for no other reason than to show his ass. And....he too dumb to understand after a month what he's doing.

If a person wanted Cutler bassed on talent, which I'm sure there are several, thier common sense has to kick in at some point on his baggage and the damage it can cause.

No one has screwed Jay Cutler in this mess more than Jay Cutler. He cries about not being able to trust the coach. Jay cant trust himself. He's broken.

I dont want any part of it. If we traded away Cassell, I would rather come away without a QB than to come away with Cutler. I'm dead serious about that.

SouthStndJunkie
03-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Pioli in Denver? Why?

Good breast reduction surgeon in Denver?

Chris
03-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Um... because colorado is awesome and he realised KC was ****sville?

SonOfLe-loLang
03-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Pioli in Denver? Why?

Good breast reduction surgeon in Denver?

does he have man teats?

03-27-2009, 10:20 AM
He sure does!

http://stateoftheline.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/scottpiolikevinjames.jpg

Beantown Bronco
03-27-2009, 10:24 AM
does he have man teats?

Bill B.
Mangini
Crennel
Weis
Pioli

If the Belichick tree has proven one thing, it's that you should start buying stock in the "bro".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TmvorF22sR0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TmvorF22sR0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crowebomber
03-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Bill B.
Mangini
Crennel
Weis
Pioli

If the Belichick tree has proven one thing, it's that you should start buying stock in the "bro"..

I prefer "manzier." "Bro" sounds too ethnic

loborugger
03-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Q: Why is Pioli in Denver
A: He is hiding from some chubby kid that hangs out in front of Arrowhead with a goofy grin on his face, a twinkie in his pocket, and a notepad and pen cuz he thinks he is some kinda sports beat writer.

SoCalBronco
03-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Ask Josh McDonalds.

Just because he's stupid doesn't mean he's right.