PDA

View Full Version : America's Game "2003 New England Patriots"

garandman
03-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Any one catch this on NFLN?

Gives you a good insight on the "patriot way", someone mentioned how McD speaks as if he is in a military and you can see why based off what I have seen with Belicheck. Can it work? I hope so...

Break them down, then build them back up. If he can get Cutler on board he has potential to do just that. I think it leaves 2 options:

1. He will be hard on everbody, especially on Cutler, Cutler will rebel and will have to leave.

2. He will be hard on everbody, especially on Cutler, Cutler will respond and get past his weaknesses and reach the next level.

Let's all hope for option 2

Either way its a dangerous game he is playing, he will have the team ready to run thru walls, or they will be turned off and McD will eventually be fired..

Los Broncos
03-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Him wanting Cassel makes a lot more sense now.

spdirty
03-25-2009, 07:01 PM
guess the question i got is will he make em line up in formation before practice and make em march out to chow hall and make em eat fast then royally chew em a new ass if they are stupid enough to go try to get a dessert? Will he make em sleep in bunk beds and wake em up with a bullhorn in the morning?

garandman
03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't put it past him, lol. It's a strategy that can work, but man it's got to be hard to be veteran looking at this kid telling him to drop and give me 20 for dropping a pass.

spdirty
03-25-2009, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't put it past him, lol. It's a strategy that can work, but man it's got to be hard to be veteran looking at this kid telling him to drop and give me 20 for dropping a pass.

exactly why it wont work. In basic the TIs we had were big and had plenty of stripes and appeared to know what they were doing.

This kid is like a butterbar who has less time in the NFL than most vets, and he already ****ed up with the quarterback, and Im wiling to bet when he does his military routine a good portion of the vets will simply be going through the motions, because he hasnt earned respect. Guys like BB and Parcells easily get away with it because they earned their stripes.

Hope I'm wrong and they run through a wall for him though.

Lomax
03-25-2009, 11:55 PM
exactly why it wont work. In basic the TIs we had were big and had plenty of stripes and appeared to know what they were doing.

This kid is like a butterbar who has less time in the NFL than most vets, and he already ****ed up with the quarterback, and Im wiling to bet when he does his military routine a good portion of the vets will simply be going through the motions, because he hasnt earned respect. Guys like BB and Parcells easily get away with it because they earned their stripes.

Yet he still has more rings than anybody on the team and managed to produce an offense that broke many records and went 16-0.

I'm willing to bet that counts for something.

Killericon
03-26-2009, 12:02 AM
When does McDaniels come up in it?

Blueflame
03-26-2009, 12:10 AM
So now we're all supposed to become Patriots fans? ??? Not happening. :nono:

If being a "good" Bronco fan now requires worshipping at the shrine of Belicheat, you can count me OUT

Inkana7
03-26-2009, 07:44 AM

If being a "good" Bronco fan now requires worshipping at the shrine of Belicheat, you can count me OUT

Bye.

garandman
03-26-2009, 07:50 AM

No one said that! Keep in mind players and coaches go from team to team, its a "copycat" league. I was only pointing out how different we can expect the coaching to be from shanahan. Like him or not, Belicheck is a very successfull HC. Personally I don't like him but he is a winner...

vancejohnson82
03-26-2009, 07:50 AM

and how did Parcells and BB earn their stripes???

you people are idiots

vancejohnson82
03-26-2009, 07:51 AM

yea, i definitely dont want to be watching football in January.....and sitting around on Super Bowl Sunday with a team to root for?? i cant deal with that

dont let the door hit you on the ass on the way out

Beantown Bronco
03-26-2009, 07:56 AM
Guys like BB and Parcells easily get away with it because they earned their stripes.

To be honest, McDaniels has, at least arguably, a better resume today than BB did when he took over the Pats.

crush17
03-26-2009, 08:32 AM

Don't let the door hit cha!!

Good riddance I say...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-26-2009, 08:39 AM

Christ on a cracker, you make stupid posts. I mean, really, really stupid.

Don't let the door hit ya in that massive rump you call an ass.

dEADmANwALKING
03-26-2009, 02:19 PM

Snap out of it! If a former Raiders coach can turn into a creepy love fest..I don't even want to think of what a Bills-a-chick coach can do...(Put Smiley Face Here)

Beantown Bronco
03-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Snap out of it! If a former Raiders coach can turn into a creepy love fest..I don't even want to think of what a Bills-a-chick coach can do...(Put Smiley Face Here)

Jesus. I hope you don't ever clear your cookies each time you log out. It would take me about 100 tries to get that username right each time I had to log back in....especially considering you post about once a month.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-26-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm actually watching this 2003 Pats show... If McDaniels brings the winning attitude and the "situational football" to Denver that he learned in New England, we're all going to be very, very happy.

Here's hopin'.

Tombstone RJ
03-26-2009, 03:32 PM

Wow.

My suggestion: let's wait to judge this new system until after the 2009 season.

I don't understand throwing McX under the bus for a rookie mistake in trying to trade Cutler. I mean, sometimes it's best to learn things the hard way. Sometimes you gotta make a mistake in order to grow.

I just don't get the anamosity. It's way too soon to go awol on this team.

Blueflame
03-26-2009, 04:08 PM
I am not a Patriot fan and I will Never become one.

lex
03-26-2009, 04:26 PM
To be honest, McDaniels has, at least arguably, a better resume today than BB did when he took over the Pats.

Not really. Belichick was the defensive coordinator that actually won the SBs they were in. NE lost the SB because Josh fell in love with the pass and it bit them in the ass against NY.

lex
03-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Yet he still has more rings than anybody on the team and managed to produce an offense that broke many records and went 16-0.
I'm willing to bet that counts for something.

Yeah, that counted for 14 points against the Giants.

Atlas
03-26-2009, 04:29 PM

I hated the Pats before, and I hate them more now, because in a way they ruined our franchise.

lex
03-26-2009, 04:31 PM
I hated the Pats before, and I hate them more now, because in a way they ruined our franchise.

I feel that way too. I also feel no amount of success is worth that.

SureShot
03-26-2009, 04:32 PM

Ok who is going to try to tell Atlas he isn't a true fan?

Atlas
03-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Ok who is going to try to tell Atlas he isn't a true fan?

Cutler is just one of the very questionable things McFailure has done. He Jettisoned 2 RBs that played well last year. Pitman and Pope and replaced them with higher priced backs that aren't any better. HE signed a higher priced Center when Denver had one of the best in the league and was a lockerroom favorite. He signed some aging players for the secondary now one of the slowest in the league and he has done virtually nothing of substance for the D-line and LBers.

Denver would have been 1,000 times better off hiring Spagnola or Ryan to fix the defense, and Keep Bates and the offense intact, and just tinker with it. Not that I haven't stated all this before it's just very frustrating watching Denver go down the tubes.

dEADmANwALKING
03-26-2009, 07:49 PM
How come the women here at the Orange Mangala have a higher IQ than the guys? for starters the AFC West is not the AFC East,even the Pathetics would have a hard time in the West..AND THEY WOULD HAVE NEVER WENT UNBEATEN IN THE WEST!

You better keep yer coach real or else break out da old guy with the barrel!

ayjackson
03-26-2009, 08:08 PM
I am not a Patriot fan and I will Never become one.

You're already becoming one - you didn't call them the Cheatriots. Next thing you know you'll be calling Belicheat, Belichick and then Bill. Then you'll start calling Cutler "the player". It's a slippery slope.

I've just never understood peoples hatrid for other teams and their fans. Sure, I can get up a good measure of disgust for Rivers and the lot, and if the faiders and queefs were any good, I might hold some resentment towards them. But it's something I can step away from to make a rational decision about something. I think that's part of being an adult.

dEADmANwALKING
03-26-2009, 08:18 PM
You're already becoming one - you didn't call them the Cheatriots. Next thing you know you'll be calling Belicheat, Belichick and then Bill. Then you'll start calling Cutler "the player". It's a slippery slope.

I've just never understood peoples hatrid for other teams and their fans. Sure, I can get up a good measure of disgust for Rivers and the lot, and if the faiders and queefs were any good, I might hold some resentment towards them. But it's something I can step away from to make a rational decision about something. I think that's part of being an adult.

They let you post here 320 times? you made no sense! YOU MADE NO SENSE!!!!!!! you sound like some kinda psychology student making your first diagnosis..God forbid I say Bronco's instead of Donko's,I could be your second subject...stfu Donk!

Blueflame
03-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Bye.
yea, i definitely dont want to be watching football in January.....and sitting around on Super Bowl Sunday with a team to root for?? i cant deal with that

dont let the door hit you on the ass on the way out
Don't let the door hit cha!!

Good riddance I say...
Christ on a cracker, you make stupid posts. I mean, really, really stupid.

Don't let the door hit ya in that massive rump you call an ass.Wow.

My suggestion: let's wait to judge this new system until after the 2009 season.

I don't understand throwing McX under the bus for a rookie mistake in trying to trade Cutler. I mean, sometimes it's best to learn things the hard way. Sometimes you gotta make a mistake in order to grow.

I just don't get the anamosity. It's way too soon to go awol on this team.
As a service to the Belicheat-lovers....

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/
http://www.patriotsplanet.net/
http://www.topix.com/forum/nfl/new-england-patriots
http://www.masslive.com/forums/patriots/
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=25

Inkana7
03-27-2009, 11:33 AM

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=25

Nah, I like it around here.

The fact that you took time to find 5 pats site links really highlights how pathetic you've been about this whole situation.

Blueflame
03-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Nah, I like it around here.

The fact that you took time to find 5 pats site links really highlights how pathetic you've been about this whole situation.

Not worshipping Belicheat on a Broncos forum = "pathetic" now? Hilarious!

Y'know, a Google search for "Patriots forum" only takes a second.... ::)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-27-2009, 11:54 AM

Gee, I didn't know respecting a team that won 3 super bowls in 4 years was considered "worship."

Maybe you could do a google search for the definition of "worship." you clearly don't know what it means.

Inkana7
03-27-2009, 02:40 PM

If you knew anything about me, you'd find that I'm quite the opposite of a patriot "worshiper". Their fans and arrogance in general annoys me, but for Christ's sake, they've been far and away the best franchise of this decade. And Denver? We've been falling apart.

No, what's pathetic is you calling McDaniels "The Patriot", calling him a cheater, and all that support him as coach of the DENVER BRONCOS as "Belicheat worshippers." Give me a ****ing break. He comes from the most successful franchise of the Salary Cap era, with tons of credentials, and he's only 32.

Did you call Shanahan "That dirty Raider" as well? I hate when irrational personal biases get in the way of logical thinking. It's pathetic, hence, your behavior has been pathetic.

Tombstone RJ
03-27-2009, 02:44 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78824

Um, yah. :flower:

Blueflame
03-27-2009, 03:46 PM
If you knew anything about me, you'd find that I'm quite the opposite of a patriot "worshiper". Their fans and arrogance in general annoys me, but for Christ's sake, they've been far and away the best franchise of this decade. And Denver? We've been falling apart.

No, what's pathetic is you calling McDaniels "The Patriot", calling him a cheater, and all that support him as coach of the DENVER BRONCOS as "Belicheat worshippers." Give me a ****ing break. He comes from the most successful franchise of the Salary Cap era, with tons of credentials, and he's only 32.

Did you call Shanahan "That dirty Raider" as well? I hate when irrational personal biases get in the way of logical thinking. It's pathetic, hence, your behavior has been pathetic.

What annoys me is the insistence that one is a "bad" Bronco fan if we don't also looooooooooove (and embrace) the Patriots. I personally don't care if you have a Belicheat shrine in your hall closet as long as you don't try to insist that no "good" Bronco fan is allowed to be without one.

As to my preferred word for referencing the rookie HC... perhaps he'll gain my respect when he earns it. Shanahan? Did he cut Broncos players and replace them with Raiders? If he had, then perhaps your question would have some merit.

At any rate, what's it to you what I think? I don't try to tell you what opinions you're allowed to form and express.

Inkana7
03-27-2009, 06:18 PM
What annoys me is the insistence that one is a "bad" Bronco fan if we don't also looooooooooove (and embrace) the Patriots. I personally don't care if you have a Belicheat shrine in your hall closet as long as you don't try to insist that no "good" Bronco fan is allowed to be without one.

As to my preferred word for referencing the rookie HC... perhaps he'll gain my respect when he earns it. Shanahan? Did he cut Broncos players and replace them with Raiders? If he had, then perhaps your question would have some merit.

At any rate, what's it to you what I think? I don't try to tell you what opinions you're allowed to form and express.

Actually, you kind of did..

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-.../messageboard/
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...forum.php?f=25

Blueflame
03-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Actually, you kind of did..

Show me where I told anyone to leave the Mane and/or register at any of those forums. It seemed clear to me that if one loves and admires Belicheat, however, they'd be much more likely to find similar opinions on any one of those boards than on a Broncos one.

Furthermore, since this isn't a Patriots fan forum, Belicheat should be "fair game" for criticism just like any other public figure in the NFL. Being heavily slammed as a "non-Broncos-fan" just because one intensely dislikes the Patriots' HC makes no sense whatsoever.

Tombstone RJ
03-27-2009, 06:42 PM

Where are you getting this crap from Blue? All I've ever said is let's not hang the new HC/GM until after he's coached at least one season. This has nothing to do with the Patriots. Just because a poster wants the new HC/GM and YES, QB and TEAM to succeed does not mean we are bowing down to a "Belicheat shrine."

If you love Shanny more than the team, I guess I can see your hostility. If that is not the case, I guess I don't understand your position. This as PC as I can get on the subject.

Blueflame
03-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Where are you getting this crap from Blue? All I've ever said is let's not hang the new HC/GM until after he's coached at least one season. This has nothing to do with the Patriots. Just because a poster wants the new HC/GM and YES, QB and TEAM to succeed does not mean we are bowing down to a "Belicheat shrine."

If you love Shanny more than the team, I guess I can see your hostility. If that is not the case, I guess I don't understand your position. This as PC as I can get on the subject.

Check out the flurry of quotes listed in Post #30 of this thread... all of those hostile quotes were made in response to my post #8 in which I said I'm not going to "worship at the shrine of Belicheat" and basically asking why this seems to be a prerequisite for "good" Bronco fanhood. It makes no sense to me that any Bronco fan would get upset because a fellow Bronco fan doesn't like the Patriots' HC... to the point of launching personal attacks on those who don't. And it goes personal the instant that any negative remark is made about the Patriots organization.

Shanahan has nothing to do with it. I've already said repeatedly that we had to get rid of Slowik and if that meant getting rid of Shanahan too, then so be it. My position is crystal clear. I don't like the Patriots. FWIW, I'd wager that there are Pats fans who don't like Belicheat either...

Tombstone RJ
03-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Check out the flurry of quotes listed in Post #30 of this thread... all of those hostile quotes were made in response to my post #8 in which I said I'm not going to "worship at the shrine of Belicheat" and basically asking why this seems to be a prerequisite for "good" Bronco fanhood. It makes no sense to me that any Bronco fan would get upset because a fellow Bronco fan doesn't like the Patriots' HC... to the point of launching personal attacks on those who don't. And it goes personal the instant that any negative remark is made about the Patriots organization.

Shanahan has nothing to do with it. I've already said repeatedly that we had to get rid of Slowik and if that meant getting rid of Shanahan too, then so be it. My position is crystal clear. I don't like the Patriots. FWIW, I'd wager that there are Pats fans who don't like Belicheat either...

My post was not hostile, it was suggestive. You grouped it with other posts that you consider "hostile" to your post #8. Ok, if that is your perspective. I think your hate for the Patriots has seriously tainted your ability to judge the current front office and coaches.

I really don't understand how you let your disdain of the Patriots overlap your love of the Broncos.

Blueflame
03-27-2009, 07:27 PM
My post was not hostile, it was suggestive. You grouped it with other posts that you consider "hostile" to your post #8. Ok, if that is your perspective. I think your hate for the Patriots has seriously tainted your ability to judge the current front office and coaches.

I really don't understand how you let your disdain of the Patriots overlap your love of the Broncos.

Yeah, I quoted every post that quoted mine... in a single reply.

Could it be because I love the Denver Broncos and their history and all that they are and have been since their existence as a team began and don't particularly appreciate the efforts to throw all that out and instead turn them into the Denver Patriots? So I'm supposed to like watching my favorite team get turned into a clone of a team I hate? ???

Inkana7
03-27-2009, 07:32 PM
So you've enjoyed watching mediocre football and prefer it over championship football?

Tombstone RJ
03-27-2009, 07:38 PM

Could it be because I love the Denver Broncos and their history and all that they are and have been since their existence as a team began and don't particularly appreciate the efforts to throw all that out and instead turn them into the Denver Patriots? So I'm supposed to like watching my favorite team get turned into a clone of a team I hate? ???

If you love the Broncos as much as I do, then I can only suggest you exercise some patience. Perhaps you might be upset by all the changes more than anything else, and that is totally natural. It's been a rocky off season, no doubt.

Blueflame
03-27-2009, 07:43 PM
So you've enjoyed watching mediocre football and prefer it over championship football?

I've seen nothing yet to suggest that we'll be any better, much less "championship"... and no Belicheat disciple has succeeded in their first HC gig yet.

Blueflame
03-27-2009, 07:48 PM
If you love the Broncos as much as I do, then I can only suggest you exercise some patience. Perhaps you might be upset by all the changes more than anything else, and that is totally natural. It's been a rocky off season, no doubt.

Change can be "for the worse" as well as "for the better"... while I'm hoping to be wrong, I expect fewer wins in '09 than we had in '08. Rome wasn't built in a day and our needs on defense and special teams were substantial even if the new coach hadn't decided to tear apart the offense as well.

dEADmANwALKING
03-27-2009, 07:59 PM

No you didn't!

Blueflame
03-27-2009, 08:04 PM
No you didn't!

:D:welcome:

Inkana7
03-27-2009, 08:16 PM
I've seen nothing yet to suggest that we'll be any better, much less "championship"... and no Belicheat disciple has succeeded in their first HC gig yet.

Mangini brought the Jets to the playoffs his first year, and McDaniels hasn't even coached a game.

Besides, you were firmly against him even before this whole Cutler mess. Calling him a cheater and whatnot.

Blueflame
03-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Mangini brought the Jets to the playoffs his first year, and McDaniels hasn't even coached a game.

Besides, you were firmly against him even before this whole Cutler mess. Calling him a cheater and whatnot.

Again, I intensely dislike the Patriots and have never hedged or been vague about that fact. And it's not going to change.

frerottenextelway
03-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Kinda ironic that the Pats were SB Champs in '01, '03, and '04 then in '05 McDaniels gets promoted and they haven't won since.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-28-2009, 06:01 AM
Kinda ironic that the Pats were SB Champs in '01, '03, and '04 then in '05 McDaniels gets promoted and they haven't won since.

Except that's not actually "ironic" at all. :giggle:

Plus, other things changed besides the o-coordinator.

elsid13
03-28-2009, 06:07 AM
Cutler is just one of the very questionable things McFailure has done. He Jettisoned 2 RBs that played well last year. Pitman and Pope and replaced them with higher priced backs that aren't any better. HE signed a higher priced Center when Denver had one of the best in the league and was a lockerroom favorite. He signed some aging players for the secondary now one of the slowest in the league and he has done virtually nothing of substance for the D-line and LBers.

Denver would have been 1,000 times better off hiring Spagnola or Ryan to fix the defense, and Keep Bates and the offense intact, and just tinker with it. Not that I haven't stated all this before it's just very frustrating watching Denver go down the tubes.

Wasn't there a rumor that the reason Spags wasn't hired is wanted to change the offense to style similar to what they run in NYG, and Bowlen wanted him to at least retain some of the offense staff?

Atlas
03-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Wasn't there a rumor that the reason Spags wasn't hired is wanted to change the offense to style similar to what they run in NYG, and Bowlen wanted him to at least retain some of the offense staff?

I haven't heard that. Even if there is truth to that Denver could have hired Raheem or Ryan, and kept Bates, Turner and Dennison to run the offense.

Inkana7
03-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Again, I intensely dislike the Patriots and have never hedged or been vague about that fact. And it's not going to change.

So you admit to a pre-formed, personal bias against Josh McDaniels because of where he came from that keeps you from forming any sort of rational, logical opinion about him?

Thanks.

Blueflame
03-28-2009, 11:22 AM
So you admit to a pre-formed, personal bias against Josh McDaniels because of where he came from that keeps you from forming any sort of rational, logical opinion about him?

Thanks.

Actually I was trying to put aside my distaste for his Patriot connection, prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Then he got the Goodmans fired, dismantled the offense when we needed help on defense and special teams, cut a Bronco player in order to pay more for a Patriot, and fubared everything with Cutler. If "f*ing up the team" was his goal, then it looks to me like he succeeded. Rational and logical enough for you? :P

Blueflame
03-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Again, the only thing he's done that I liked was the acquisition of Brian Dawkins. OH, but he signed LaMont Jordan and Chris Simms. Championship! :pfbbt:

SoCalBronco
03-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Again, the only thing he's done that I liked was the acquisition of Brian Dawkins. OH, but he signed LaMont Jordan and Chris Simms. Championship! :pfbbt:

http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/Lombardi%20Trophy.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-28-2009, 12:39 PM

I would love for you to show proof of any Bronco fan insisting that you love and embrace the Patriots. I don't love and embrace the Patriots, but I sure as **** respect what they've done. Know why? BECAUSE THEY'VE WON THREE SUPER BOWLS IN FOUR YEARS! IN THE LAST DECADE! That's a fact, it's indisputable, and admitting it doesn't mean I "looooooooove" the Patriots.

Of course, if you're a moron, I guess I can see it how you do. /rolleyes.

(PS: That's an insult. Spare me your "classy" bull****, when you spend all your time berating people that actually want to see what McDaniels can do before they write him off as being "Patriot fans." Gracias.)

Inkana7
03-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Then he got the Goodmans fired
There is no evidence whatsoever that Josh had anything to do with the Goodmans getting fired. It's not like he walked into Bowlen's office and said "Fire them".

dismantled the offense when we needed help on defense and special teams
Please, PLEASE tell me how he dismantled our offense. By keeping our line and running backs coach? By bringing in more offensive weapons? Last I checked, Jay is still a Bronco. Unless he cries some more to the media without having the stones to meet one-on-one with his coach.

Or maybe you thought it was Andre Hall and Pittman that made the offense "click" last year to the tune of 18 points a game after the first 3 games.

cut a Bronco player in order to pay more for a Patriot
I agree with you here, but it's not like we signed a srcub. Paxton is a good long snapper. And one hell of a snow angel maker.

and fubared everything with Cutler
They both ****ed up the situation. At least McDaniels is trying to fix things now, not holding his teddy in Nashville.

If "f*ing up the team" was his goal, then it looks to me like he succeeded.
Mike Shanahan ****ed up this team more than Josh McDaniels has. If you wanna make an omlette, you gotta break a few eggs. That is, unless 8-8 football is your thing.

So no, it wasn't rational enough. It was pretty well spun.

Blueflame
03-28-2009, 01:40 PM
There is no evidence whatsoever that Josh had anything to do with the Goodmans getting fired. It's not like he walked into Bowlen's office and said "Fire them".

Please, PLEASE tell me how he dismantled our offense. By keeping our line and running backs coach? By bringing in more offensive weapons? Last I checked, Jay is still a Bronco. Unless he cries some more to the media without having the stones to meet one-on-one with his coach.

Or maybe you thought it was Andre Hall and Pittman that made the offense "click" last year to the tune of 18 points a game after the first 3 games.

I agree with you here, but it's not like we signed a srcub. Paxton is a good long snapper. And one hell of a snow angel maker.

They both ****ed up the situation. At least McDaniels is trying to fix things now, not holding his teddy in Nashville.

Mike Shanahan ****ed up this team more than Josh McDaniels has. If you wanna make an omlette, you gotta break a few eggs. That is, unless 8-8 football is your thing.

So no, it wasn't rational enough. It was pretty well spun.

Whatever. Time will tell which of us was right.

barryr
03-28-2009, 02:23 PM
The idiots continue with the "dismantling of the offense." Nothing has been dismantled. Nobody on the offense who is a key member has been replaced, but it's "dismantling." The girls continue with their hysteria.

Killericon
03-28-2009, 02:24 PM

You guys talk about being Bowlen being unable to operate in a post-Shanahan world, being unable to operate without one dude having all the power, but it's you guys who can't think of this organization in a different way. How do you know what decisions he's responsible for, and which ones Xanders is responsible for?

Also, he dismantled the offense? Huh. I must've missed that.

Blueflame
03-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Hillis, Torain, Sheffler, and Cutler on the trading block? Scrubs like Gaffe, Arrington and Jordan brought in? Yeah, I'd say our offense will be significantly changed. Add in... what if Marshall does get suspended?

lex
03-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I would love for you to show proof of any Bronco fan insisting that you love and embrace the Patriots. I don't love and embrace the Patriots, but I sure as **** respect what they've done. Know why? BECAUSE THEY'VE WON THREE SUPER BOWLS IN FOUR YEARS! IN THE LAST DECADE! That's a fact, it's indisputable, and admitting it doesn't mean I "looooooooove" the Patriots.

Of course, if you're a moron, I guess I can see it how you do. /rolleyes.

(PS: That's an insult. Spare me your "classy" bull****, when you spend all your time berating people that actually want to see what McDaniels can do before they write him off as being "Patriot fans." Gracias.)

If spygate wasnt about disputing their championships, then what else was it about? Do you even remember Spygate? It was that matter from last season. Or are you just denying its existence because its hard to be optimistic about McDaniels unless you do.

Killericon
03-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Hillis, Torain, Sheffler, and Cutler on the trading block? Scrubs like Gaffe, Arrington and Jordan brought in? Yeah, I'd say our offense will be significantly changed. Add in... what if Marshall does get suspended?

Yeah, shipping out Torain is a HUGE loss.

How do you know they're "On the trading block"? A couple of articles? Maybe they're contemplating changing the offense, but to date they haven't done anything.

Atlas
03-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Yeah, shipping out Torain is a HUGE loss.

How do you know they're "On the trading block"? A couple of articles? Maybe they're contemplating changing the offense, but to date they haven't done anything.

Haven't you heard coach McFailure talk. Everyone is on the trading block.

lostknight
03-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Or he will rag on everyone, everyone will get pissed, just like the players for all the other Bellichick wannabe's get pissed, and refuse to play for him, or not give it their all. Then he leaves Denver.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-28-2009, 05:06 PM
If spygate wasnt about disputing their championships, then what else was it about? Do you even remember Spygate? It was that matter from last season. Or are you just denying its existence because its hard to be optimistic about McDaniels unless you do.

Yep, I remember spygate Lex. Guess what else I remember? circumventing-the-salary-cap-gate. That was in 1998. Do you not remember that? It involved the Broncos. In BOTH -- BOTH -- cases, the league said no football advantage was gained. In both -- BOTH -- cases, the league took away draft picks and fined the organization.

Funny how you don't dispute Denver's championships. Do you just deny the existence of the salary-cap dispute because it's hard to put on your "I HEART JAY" shirt every morning? Or did the league get it right then, and get it wrong with New England? Are you just a giant hypocrite?

Either way, it really doesn't have anything to do with McDaniels, other than the fact that he was a coach on the staff of the Patriots when it all went down.

Unless, you know, Bobby Turner is responsible for circumventing the salary cap in 1998. /rolleyes

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Or he will rag on everyone, everyone will get pissed, just like the players for all the other Bellichick wannabe's get pissed, and refuse to play for him, or not give it their all. Then he leaves Denver.

Or he's extremely successful, his players love him, and Denver once again becomes a destination for people who want to win championships. I'm not in the predictions business, so I don't pretend to "know" what's going to happen with McDaniels.

Maybe you've got a crystal ball, lostknight. Or maybe you're just lost.

frerottenextelway
03-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Yep, I remember spygate Lex. Guess what else I remember? circumventing-the-salary-cap-gate. That was in 1998. Do you not remember that? It involved the Broncos. In BOTH -- BOTH -- cases, the league said no football advantage was gained. In both -- BOTH -- cases, the league took away draft picks and fined the organization.

Funny how you don't dispute Denver's championships. Do you just deny the existence of the salary-cap dispute because it's hard to put on your "I HEART JAY" shirt every morning? Or did the league get it right then, and get it wrong with New England? Are you just a giant hypocrite?

Either way, it really doesn't have anything to do with McDaniels, other than the fact that he was a coach on the staff of the Patriots when it all went down.

Unless, you know, Bobby Turner is responsible for circumventing the salary cap in 1998. /rolleyes

The salary cap issue was because Bowlen is a broke bastard and couldn't afford to pay the bills. It wasn't done to circumvent the cap or gain a football advantage, but because Bowlen was busto.

On the other hand, the Patriots filmed coaches sending in defensive hand signals to give their offense an unfair advantage (which undoubtedly McDaniels, the OC, was invovled with).

You are comparing apples and spaceships.

lex
03-28-2009, 05:16 PM

Wow, I cant believe you brought that up. The matter from 1998 had nothing to do with what happened on the field. That was a mistake by the suits in the FO. It had no competitive impact. Nice try though.

And did you or did you not say that you respect what the Patriots have done? If what they have done is tainted, it kind of diminishes what theyve done.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Wow, I cant believe you brought that up. The matter from 1998 had nothing to do with what happened on the field. That was a mistake by the suits in the FO. It had no competitive impact. Nice try though.

And did you or did you not say that you respect what the Patriots have done? If what they have done is tainted, it kind of diminishes what theyve done.

The patriots "allegedly" taped signals. Period, end of story. The league said no football advantage was gained. I know, that makes it so much less convenient to point to as an example of how McDaniels will be a failure, but that argument simply does not hold water. Sorry lex. Better find something else.

lex
03-28-2009, 05:24 PM
The patriots "allegedly" taped signals. Period, end of story. The league said no football advantage was gained. I know, that makes it so much less convenient to point to as an example of how McDaniels will be a failure, but that argument simply does not hold water. Sorry lex. Better find something else.

Thats a bold faced lie. That they taped signals was not really in dispute. And the Patriots were fined and lost a draft pick because of it. They actually should have received a stiffer punishment. I dont know why you insist on going from bringing up rebuttals that are of no relevance to making stuff up.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Thats a bold faced lie. That they taped signals was not really in dispute. And the Patriots were fined and lost a draft pick because of it. They actually should have received a stiffer punishment. I dont know why you insist on going from bringing up rebuttals that are of no relevance to making stuff up.

Hey retard. If you look in my earlier post, you'll see that I stated the New England was fined and lost a draft picks. Hmmmm REEDING IZ FUNN!

"They actually should have received a stiffer punishment." Huh... would that be an opinion, or did you see the tapes yourself? You didn't? Okay, so you don't actually know what the **** you're talking about? Thanks. Didn't think so.

And I see I made your little list of posters who want McDaniels to succeed, because he's coaching our ****ing team, and therefore must be Patriots fans. Awesome, brilliant idea. Except that it makes you look like a stupid child with no better argument than "YOU JUST LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!! STUPID PATRIOT FANS!!!" Keep it up. Enjoy. I've been a Broncos fan my entire life, and I'll be a fan long after you are, evidently.

dEADmANwALKING
03-28-2009, 05:32 PM

The proof is in the fact that they have been sucking wind ever since that story broke,and the league office couldn't tell the truth if God told them to!

That Monkey pumper is coming into the AFC West,and he wont last long if he thinks he can run it like the f'king AFC East!!!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-28-2009, 05:33 PM
The proof is in the fact that they have been sucking wind ever since that story broke,and the league office couldn't tell the truth if God told them to!

That Monkey pumper is coming into the AFC West,and he wont last long if he thinks he can run it like the f'king AFC East!!!

Really? They went 18-1 the year the story broke, then 11-5 last season. But good argument. /rolleyes

dEADmANwALKING
03-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Really? They went 18-1 the year the story broke, then 11-5 last season. But good argument. /rolleyes

That story broke and heated up just a few week from the Super Bowl collapse..wtf? last year they got owned by the Dolphins..THAT SH'T SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN!

New Dingalingland is over,and so is everybody associated with them!!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-28-2009, 05:42 PM
That story broke and heated up just a few week from the Super Bowl collapse..wtf? last year they got owned by the Dolphins..THAT SH'T SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN!

News flash: the story broke during week 1 of the 2007 season.

News flash: the Dolphins punked Denver too. They went to the playoffs, remember?

Other than that, totally good argument. :thumbsup:

dEADmANwALKING
03-28-2009, 05:44 PM
News flash: the story broke during week 1 of the 2007 season.

News flash: the Dolphins punked Denver too. They went to the playoffs, remember?

Other than that, totally good argument. :thumbsup:

The New York media raked their a** before the Stuper Bowl..that's when the Rat Walsh came forward...You need a history lesson!

lex
03-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey retard. If you look in my earlier post, you'll see that I stated the New England was fined and lost a draft picks. Hmmmm REEDING IZ FUNN!

"They actually should have received a stiffer punishment." Huh... would that be an opinion, or did you see the tapes yourself? You didn't? Okay, so you don't actually know what the **** you're talking about? Thanks. Didn't think so.

And I see I made your little list of posters who want McDaniels to succeed, because he's coaching our ****ing team, and therefore must be Patriots fans. Awesome, brilliant idea. Except that it makes you look like a stupid child with no better argument than "YOU JUST LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!! STUPID PATRIOT FANS!!!" Keep it up. Enjoy. I've been a Broncos fan my entire life, and I'll be a fan long after you are, evidently.

Youre right. I didnt read past the first couple of lines. If you did go onto say that, its an unfortunate contradiction. Perhaps it was best that I didnt see it. So now, not only do you bring up irrelevant points and make stuff up, but you also talk out of both sides of your mouth.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-28-2009, 06:59 PM
The New York media raked their a** before the Stuper Bowl..that's when the Rat Walsh came forward...You need a history lesson!

The story. Came out. After week 1. Of the 2007 season. That's the season that they won 18 straight games, then lost the Super Bowl. Week one of THAT season. The season that they set the record for points. The season that Brady and Moss broke tons of records. So no, they didn't "start sucking" after the story broke. Retard.

The Jets. Reported the Patriots. To the league after week 1. Of the 2007 season.

But sure, the New York media "raking their ass" right before the Super Bowl that in 2008 is when the story "broke." Whatever you say, amigo.

Perhaps it's you that needs a history lesson, though history won't solve your problem of being a moron.

ayjackson
03-28-2009, 07:00 PM
You're allowed to steal signals. You're allowed to collect them on tape too, as long as it's authorized game film cameras from the press box or end zone cameras (or from the TV production). You're not allowed to tape them with your own, unathorized cameras.

So just to be clear, the violation wasn't the stealing of signals, it was the manner in which it was done. So while you may feel they cheated because they stole signals, that's not what they were punished for.

You could have a crew of thirty people with binoculars and laptops charting the other team's every move and have a report down to the sideline by the second quarter - not illegal.

There was no evidence that the intelligence gathered was put in any sort of usable form during the same game as it was shot. In fact the evidence seems to suggest it wasn't, if you've paid attention.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-28-2009, 07:03 PM
You're allowed to steal signals. You're allowed to collect them on tape too, as long as it's authorized game film cameras from the press box or end zone cameras (or from the TV production). You're not allowed to tape them with your own, unathorized cameras.

So just to be clear, the violation wasn't the stealing of signals, it was the manner in which it was done. So while you may feel they cheated because they stole signals, that's not what they were punished for.

You could have a crew of thirty people with binoculars and laptops charting the other team's every move and have a report down to the sideline by the second quarter - not illegal.

There was no evidence that the intelligence gathered was put in any sort of usable form during the same game as it was shot. In fact the evidence seems to suggest it wasn't, if you've paid attention.

There's the problem: these guys don't pay attention. They're too busy yelling about the "cheatriots" and making up stupid nicknames for the head coach of the team they supposedly root for. OH, and making lists of posters they disagree with, and claiming that those posters are New England fans.

Your reason and logic will continue to fall on deaf ears.

frerottenextelway
03-28-2009, 07:10 PM

They still had an unfair competive advantage the year it broke. Every team they faced would have to spend much of prep time re-doing their entire hand signals and the players learning that.

dEADmANwALKING
03-28-2009, 07:42 PM

HOLY SH'T..YOU'RE THAT F'KING PSYCHOLOGIST FROM EARLIER!

IDIOTS,THAT'S FOR YOU TOO JIM-BOB OR MOOSE WHATEVER..THE ALARMING STUFF WAS THE ALLEGED TAPING OF THE RAMS PRACTICES BEFORE THE STUPER BOWL IN 2001...I CAN GIVE A SH'T ABOUT THE JETS NOT KNOWING HOW TO HIDE THEIR SIGNALS.

The Pathetics are done! if they can't tape the other team before the Super Bowl anymore...THEY WONT WIN ANYMORE! You got to love the Giants coaches before the Super Bowl last year,closed practices with armed guards...I WONDER F'KING WHY?...THE PROOF IS IN THE OUTCOME,NOT IN WHAT SOMEBODY SAYS!

You got a f'king coach that cant duplicate the Pathetics run,so whats the point!?

Enjoy the ride DONK'S!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-28-2009, 08:10 PM
HOLY SH'T..YOU'RE THAT F'KING PSYCHOLOGIST FROM EARLIER!

IDIOTS,THAT'S FOR YOU TOO JIM-BOB OR MOOSE WHATEVER..THE ALARMING STUFF WAS THE ALLEGED TAPING OF THE RAMS PRACTICES BEFORE THE STUPER BOWL IN 2001...I CAN GIVE A SH'T ABOUT THE JETS NOT KNOWING HOW TO HIDE THEIR SIGNALS.

The Pathetics are done! if they can't tape the other team before the Super Bowl anymore...THEY WONT WIN ANYMORE! You got to love the Giants coaches before the Super Bowl last year,closed practices with armed guards...I WONDER F'KING WHY?...THE PROOF IS IN THE OUTCOME,NOT IN WHAT SOMEBODY SAYS!

You got a f'king coach that cant duplicate the Pathetics run,so whats the point!?

Enjoy the ride DONK'S!

Ahhhh, I see the problem here. What we have is a rival team fan who thinks he knows something.

He's also a retard. Move along, move along.

Inkana7
03-28-2009, 09:31 PM

Please don't use Denver Post speculation as "fact" of being on the trading block. That newspaper is nothing more than rumors and opinion pieces anymore.

And I guess it's Josh's fault Marshall likes hitting women?

Blueflame
03-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Please don't use Denver Post speculation as "fact" of being on the trading block. That newspaper is nothing more than rumors and opinion pieces anymore.

And I guess it's Josh's fault Marshall likes hitting women?

The Patriot himself is on record as saying that no one's job is safe. That's not DPO speculation. And it's a fact that Marshall's fight with his fiancee occurred the very day that the "we just answered the phone" soap opera first hit the media. Perhaps that's just a coincidence.

Inkana7
03-28-2009, 10:11 PM
The Patriot himself is on record as saying that no one's job is safe. That's not DPO speculation. And it's a fact that Marshall's fight with his fiancee occurred the very day that the "we just answered the phone" soap opera first hit the media. Perhaps that's just a coincidence.

So, you think it went somethng like this:

Marshall: "That mother****er McDaniels, trying to shop Jay! BRANDON SMASH!"

*Beats fiancee*

Yeah, its all Josh's fault. Hilarious!

Please tell me you're joking?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-28-2009, 10:38 PM

*Beats fiancee*

She's not joking. She is a joke. So you were close.

Blueflame
03-28-2009, 10:42 PM

*Beats fiancee*

No. I think if a man is already angry about "issue A".... then when "issue B" arises, his "mellow" is already compromised. Life often brings more than one irritant at any given time.