PDA

View Full Version : Vikes: Passed on Cutler?

Popps
03-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Slow news day. Interesting blurbs, though... because I think Minnesota is far and away the most logical place for him to land, if traded. I can't believe Minny wouldn't throw the kitchen sink at us. They'd be instant competitors.

But, some of the coaches "aren't sold on him." I'll guarantee you it's not his physical skills they're not sold on....

http://www.twincities.com/ci_11994368
Somewhere in the woods near the Winter Park practice facility, a secret plan is buried deep beneath the hard ground. Few people have seen it. In fact, perhaps only the head coach and Zygi Wilf have seen it. But when it gets unearthed at some point in the future, we'll all nod our heads and declare, "Ohhhhh, that's what they were doing! Yes, I see it now!"

Until then, we are left to scratch our heads and mutter the occasional curse. On Wednesday, we discover the Minnesota Vikings could have had quarterback Jay Cutler for draft picks. In other words: quarterback problem solved. Yippee.

But the report by Yahoo.com said the deal fell through because "some elements" of the Minnesota coaching staff weren't sold on Cutler. Some elements? There's only one element that counts on the Minnesota coaching staff, and its initials are B.C.

So let me try to follow this: Brad Childress isn't sold on Jay Cutler, but he's sold on Tarvaris Jackson. That's one of those things that will make sense, I'm assuming, when that secret plan is unearthed. The wildly inconsistent Jackson has been Childress' guy, unequivocally, for close to three years. He still may be his guy because the official line on Sage Rosenfels is that he's coming in to provide a bit of competition for Tarvaris.

At last count, the Vikings had about 147 assistant coaches on the payroll. Perhaps ownership should invest in a quarterback evaluator. Because this may be the most puzzling

Advertisement
decision yet.
Yes, I'm scratching my head right now. Feel free to curse

Bronx33
03-25-2009, 05:21 PM
For what it's worth Brad Childress is an idiot.

BroncoBuff
03-25-2009, 05:23 PM
"the deal fell through because "some elements" of the Minnesota coaching staff weren't sold on Cutler."

If this story is true, then Josh lied to Jay, and he lied to the rest of us.

Popps
03-25-2009, 05:25 PM
"the deal fell through because "some elements" of the Minnesota coaching staff weren't sold on Cutler."

Oh brother.

Here we go.

Now what?

Popps
03-25-2009, 05:27 PM
For what it's worth Brad Childress is an idiot.

I've clearly expressed my concerns about Cutler's personality from a long-term perspective. But, Minnesota has a great D and the best RB in the game. Bring in Cutler and try to trade for, or acquire a top WR in the draft, and they're immediately a NFC competitor, imo. Hell, they could bring in Sheffler, with him.

Honestly, that's a team that just can't get it right at the QB position. Miami was that way for a long time, too.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Oh brother.

Here we go.

Now what?

Didn't you hear the latest meme? Josh McDaniels is a power-hungry sonofabitch who will eat your children and steal your thunder and who is in charge of all things at Dove Valley, including (but not limited to) when BroncoBuff can go to work (he's the deep-fry cook at the facility).

OOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOES! I heard McDaniels might close down the deep fryer! And that's BB's only skill!!!

Hogan11
03-25-2009, 05:29 PM
They probably didn't like the way he falls apart after committing his first turnover

DBroncos4life
03-25-2009, 05:29 PM
thank god

watermock
03-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Umm, that neans McDummy is a liar.

Of course some people....

Popps
03-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Didn't you hear the latest meme? Josh McDaniels is a power-hungry sonofab**** who will eat your children and steal your thunder and who is in charge of all things at Dove Valley, including (but not limited to) when BroncoBuff can go to work (he's the deep-fry cook at the facility).

OOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOES! I heard McDaniels might close down the deep fryer! And that's BB's only skill!!!

My keen internets instinct detects a history between you two.

Popps
03-25-2009, 05:32 PM

Well, that wraps this thread up.

Lock it down, mods. Problem solved.

Bronx33
03-25-2009, 05:32 PM
I've clearly expressed my concerns about Cutler's personality from a long-term perspective. But, Minnesota has a great D and the best RB in the game. Bring in Cutler and try to trade for, or acquire a top WR in the draft, and they're immediately a NFC competitor, imo. Hell, they could bring in Sheffler, with him.

Honestly, that's a team that just can't get it right at the QB position. Miami was that way for a long time, too.

Sadly Childress puts all his faith in Tarvaris Jackson. ROFL!

DBroncos4life
03-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Cutler on a team that doesn't allow 4 TDs a game would rack up some wims.

Popps
03-25-2009, 05:38 PM

Also, factor in that Minnesota is ready to win NOW, and has JACK-**** as their other option.

Even if Cutler is a head-case, they can probably get through the next couple of seasons without issue. (Maybe.)

If we were a QB away from a potential SB berth, I'd be much more adamant about keeping him. (Though I DO want to keep him.)

Minnesota could very well be a SB contender by trading for Cutler. With that Jackson scrub, they won't win a ****ing playoff game. There are game-managing QBs, and I do believe you can win with those. But, Jackson isn't even good enough to be considered a manager. He's just a warm body out there... barely.

mr007
03-25-2009, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Sage rolled in there and started lightin' **** up. Pretty sure he's gonna be starting over Jackson.

Bronco X
03-25-2009, 05:54 PM
It doesn't make sense that the Vikings would turn down getting a franchise QB for nothing and it doesn't make sense that the Broncos would trade their franchise QB for nothing. Not that we shouldn't believe everything we read or anything...

Bronx33
03-25-2009, 05:57 PM
It doesn't make sense that the Vikings would turn down getting a franchise QB for nothing and it doesn't make sense that the Broncos would trade their franchise QB for nothing. Not that we shouldn't believe everything we read or anything...

It's still fun to make fun of it though. :~ohyah!:

rastaman
03-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Also, factor in that Minnesota is ready to win NOW, and has JACK-**** as their other option.

Even if Cutler is a head-case, they can probably get through the next couple of seasons without issue. (Maybe.)

If we were a QB away from a potential SB berth, I'd be much more adamant about keeping him. (Though I DO want to keep him.)

Minnesota could very well be a SB contender by trading for Cutler. With that Jackson scrub, they won't win a ****ing playoff game. There are game-managing QBs, and I do believe you can win with those. But, Jackson isn't even good enough to be considered a manager. He's just a warm body out there... barely.

Any thoughts that 09 could be Childress last year and in 2010 the Vikings hire Shanahan. Meanwhile in 09 the relationship btwn Cutler and McDaniels blows up into an abomination, as a result Shanny and the Vikings give the Broncos a deal of the century for Cutler???

Popps
03-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Any thoughts that 09 could be Childress last year and in 2010 the Vikings hire Shanahan. Meanwhile in 09 the relationship btwn Cutler and McDaniels blows up into an abomination, as a result Shanny and the Vikings give the Broncos a deal of the century for Cutler???

Well, this could be wishful thinking... but I think if Cutler comes back into the fold, I believe he's going to do so squarely knowing his place... and I think he'll thrive in the offense. I don't think it'll continue to fester if Jay comes back. Just a gut feeling, but I think it'll be an all or nothing ordeal.

I still think he comes back, but it's a very difficult call. I'd put it at about 55% he'll return.

But, again... if I'm the Vikes, I'm putting together the best offer I possibly can, immediately.

Jesterhole
03-25-2009, 07:42 PM
So let me try to follow this: Brad Childress isn't sold on Jay Cutler, but he's sold on Tarvaris Jackson. That's one of those things that will make sense, I'm assuming, when that secret plan is unearthed. The wildly inconsistent Jackson has been Childress' guy, unequivocally, for close to three years. He still may be his guy because the official line on Sage Rosenfels is that he's coming in to provide a bit of competition for Tarvaris.
[/I]

This is the best part of the whole thing. Shows you what the dude's opinion is worth. I can think of few teams that wouldn't be better off with Cutler.

DBroncos4life
03-25-2009, 07:48 PM

I don't know I mean he is a huge headcase and all so I guess we would be lucky to get anything for him. We should cut him and move on with Simms.

Pony Boy
03-25-2009, 07:56 PM

If we are going to fantasize, then let's make the deal of the century, Cutler for AP and suck so bad this year we fire McD and then draft Bradford.

Drek
03-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Just an FYI, the horribly sourced Yahoo! article that the twincities.com columnist referened says that the Vikings made the first trade overture for Cutler, before even the Bucs and Lions initial overtures. Something no other source has ever even mentioned.

Its not some new trade rumor suggesting that Cutler is still secretly being shopped, its one source trying to say that the Vikings were first on the phone with Xanders before Detroit and Tampa.

Rock Chalk
03-25-2009, 08:07 PM

Some?

Might just be the only thing capable of making Cutler a winner.

Northman
03-25-2009, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Sage rolled in there and started lightin' **** up. Pretty sure he's gonna be starting over Jackson.

Not if he pulls another 4 TO plunder like he did against Indy last year. Ha!

meangene
03-25-2009, 08:16 PM

Exactly. This is about the most unbelievable potential trade rumor yet. Minnesota is a quarterback away from being an elite team.

oubronco
03-25-2009, 08:18 PM

Hilarious! your avatar is the best yet..........................BRILLIANT

Circle Orange
03-25-2009, 08:47 PM
It's funny how everyone assumes all minnesota needs is a qb...I hear this about the "great north purple" every five years or so.

geez, Minnesota has ONE threat at wideout. And a new qb has to learn a new system and new players.

No wait...Ha!

NFL > Nintendo, Battlebots, Madden Football

Northman
03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Nice Hair.

Popps
03-25-2009, 11:02 PM
PFT...

But the Vikings bowed out because, as Robinson writes, “some elements in the Minnesota coaching staff weren’t entirely sold on Cutler.”

It’s not surprising. Vikings coach Brad Childress had a front-row seat in Philly for the delicate genius known as Donovan McNabb. And then, upon arriving in Minnesota, Childress and incumbent quarterback Daunte Culpepper got into a nasty pissing match before Culpepper was traded.

So Childress surely wouldn’t want Cutler.

And if the Vikings felt that way last month, they undoubtedly feel even more strongly about it now, given the extent to which Cutler has exposed the flesh of his rump to the rest of the league.

As I've been saying for a while, Cutler's actions are doing nothing but hurting his trade value, and this makes you really think about Alec's thread regarding Bus Cook's statements.

I'm really surprised Cook said that, if he did... and it prompts you to at least wonder if Cook is beginning to have concerns about his trade value, as well.

400HZ
03-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Childress has his head up Tavaris' ass too far to make any sort of rational decision on the matter. They could have gotten Jeff Garcia for next to nothing going back to training camp last year but they never even made overtures. Garcia would fit perfect there. Even in this past "down" year he threw twice as many TDs as INTs and completed 65% of his passes. Sage is pretty much the same guy as Frerotte so why even make the move?

BroncoBuff
03-25-2009, 11:28 PM

.Oh brother.

Here we go.

Now what?

C'mon Popps, it's pretty simple. If there was a deal that progressed to the point that Vikes coaches could say "no", then there must have been a deal that got that far. Which means Josh did more than just listen. Can't have both ways. It doesn't say these Vikes coaches simply "opposed" the deal, it says the deal "fell through."

But then again, that particular point has been pretty well settled. All the reporters and commentators are writing and saying that Josh did participate now, as a statement of fact. The real question is whether Josh lied about it to Jay.

I think BroncoX is right ... this story is BS.

Popps
03-26-2009, 01:32 AM
Which means Josh did more than just listen.

Again, even if that's the case... and we have no proof that it is, what does it matter? Why the insistence on trying to "rat him out" or whatever your mission is?

Think about it, man... he's got to put this in the best possible light to make peace with his QB, or to keep his QB placated until a trade can be worked out.

Once again, I don't believe the deal got far enough for anyone to "turn down," either. But, even if he is "lying" or massaging the truth, what the **** does it matter.

Mike Shanahan was only lying when his lips were moving. That guy was the king. He was FINED by the league for lying.

I just don't get your suddenly obtuse stance on coaches telling the whole truth all of the time. It's just a silly point to get hitched up on. It's a ****ing poker game, man. People send out false tells CONSTANTLY.

I mean, did you really think before this that coaches never lied or stretched the truth? I don't believe you're that naive. I think you NEED something to try to pin on this coach, and you're reaching for some goofy ****, at this point.

DBroncos4life
03-26-2009, 01:50 AM
PFT...

But the Vikings bowed out because, as Robinson writes, “some elements in the Minnesota coaching staff weren’t entirely sold on Cutler.”

It’s not surprising. Vikings coach Brad Childress had a front-row seat in Philly for the delicate genius known as Donovan McNabb. And then, upon arriving in Minnesota, Childress and incumbent quarterback Daunte Culpepper got into a nasty pissing match before Culpepper was traded.

So Childress surely wouldn’t want Cutler.

And if the Vikings felt that way last month, they undoubtedly feel even more strongly about it now, given the extent to which Cutler has exposed the flesh of his rump to the rest of the league.

As I've been saying for a while, Cutler's actions are doing nothing but hurting his trade value, and this makes you really think about Alec's thread regarding Bus Cook's statements.

I'm really surprised Cook said that, if he did... and it prompts you to at least wonder if Cook is beginning to have concerns about his trade value, as well.

Really who cares about his trade value? He is OUR QB and he isn't going anywhere so you might as well just get used to the fact that he is our leader of our team.

DBroncos4life
03-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Some?

Might just be the only thing capable of making Cutler a winner.

Yeah I forgot that all NFL QBs win when their D allows 30 points per game. Jay has to be one of a few NFL QBs in NFL history that doesn't preform well when the other side of the ball isn't stopping anyone. We really should be looking for a new QB instead of players to stop the other team from scoring. I mean Jay was the soul reason why we allowed the third most points in the NFL last year wasn't it?

TDmvp
03-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Really who cares about his trade value? He is OUR QB and he isn't going anywhere so you might as well just get used to the fact that he is our leader of our team.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Popps
03-26-2009, 02:04 AM

Thanks for the contribution. So, you like Jay Cutler? Cool!

You could just post that next time.

The rest of us were trying to go a bit further in depth.

DBroncos4life
03-26-2009, 02:10 AM
Thanks for the contribution. So, you like Jay Cutler? Cool!

You could just post that next time.

The rest of us were trying to go a bit further in depth.

You are the one that keeps pointing out that he is a head case and he has no trade value. One would believe that you would have come to understand that even our coach said he wasn't going to be traded and that Jay is our QB, that is unless you don't believe he is telling us the truth. I mean we have ZERO reason not to believe what our own coach is saying right?

DBroncos4life
03-26-2009, 02:23 AM
Popps you bashed Shanny year in and year out for not fixing the DLine and you had every right too. Shanny would still have a job if our D could stop someone. McD needs to focus on that and fix the Jay problem which I believe he is trying to do. I don't think he would be holding a throw back Culter jersey for anyother reason but to reach out to Jay. As it stands now Popps McD has to fix our D because no one fires a QB for the D not being able to stop anyone they fire the HC. How anyone can say with a straight face that our lack of success over the last two years under Jay was a result of poor plays on his part is a damn fool. Could he or can he improve? Sure **** he can but the fact remains we have to stop the other team from scoring to give our team a chance to win. That is McDs job not Cutlers.

TDmvp
03-26-2009, 02:23 AM
You are the one that keeps pointing out that he is a head case and he has no trade value. One would believe that you would have come to understand that even our coach said he wasn't going to be traded and that Jay is our QB, that is unless you don't believe he is telling us the truth. I mean we have ZERO reason not to believe what our own coach is saying right?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=1043&dateline=1227861295http://www.unlimitedperfumes.com/images/obsession-men.jpghttp://blogs.nypost.com/sports/backpage/cutler.jpeg

Drek
03-26-2009, 08:13 AM
C'mon Popps, it's pretty simple. If there was a deal that progressed to the point that Vikes coaches could say "no", then there must have been a deal that got that far. Which means Josh did more than just listen. Can't have both ways. It doesn't say these Vikes coaches simply "opposed" the deal, it says the deal "fell through."

But then again, that particular point has been pretty well settled. All the reporters and commentators are writing and saying that Josh did participate now, as a statement of fact. The real question is whether Josh lied about it to Jay.

I think every rumor or source starts with a grain of truth, so here's what I see in this article.

1. The source is citing reasons why the Vikings FO decided not to get involved. To me that suggests the source is getting his/her info from within the Vikings.

2. No other source, be it Broncos or league related, has made mention of this and stuck with the "Tampa and Detroit called" line. No mention of the Vikings.

You put those two together and I think it seems overwhelmingly likely that the Vikings considered making an offer, but ultimately decided against it. If they had actually called the Broncos you'd have a source of information leaking from another side, not just the Vikings.

What speculation I take away the most from this is what teams called. Tampa Bay (in the Favre courting business last year), Vikings (in the Favre courting business last year) and the Lions (who's star player, Calvin Johnson, just happens to be represented by Bus Cook). Since all this came out the next most vocal team interested in Cutler has been the Jets (winner of last year's Favre courting).

Maybe these teams really did just cold call. But its hard to believe the Broncos shopped Cutler and only three teams showed interest at the time, with a fourth now speaking up. Aren't we supposed to believe that no less than ten teams called shortly after this whole thing broke? So the Broncos didn't get around to calling Washington, Buffalo, Cleveland, etc. when they were supposedly shopping him?

The coup de gras on all this is why the other front offices of these teams have been so mum about what transpired. Unless you assume every member of the media is too dense to ask them how they got around to inquiring on Cutler (big stretch) then you have to assume the FOs are being evasive with their answers, to the point of it not being worth printing. If the Broncos approached them then they hold a clear smoking gun they could use to drive the wedge further and force Denver to trade Cutler to the highest bidder. None of them have used that tactic, or have even allowed a leak to that end.

To me that implies them trying to hide something. Like maybe discussing a player with his agent, even though the player still has three years left on his contract with another team.

I see a pattern here about instigating these trade calls and it doesn't point to the Broncos side of the current spat.

Smiling Assassin27
03-26-2009, 08:23 AM
it's all about playing your cards shrewdly and strategically. the vikes, and every other team without a manning, brady, brees, big ben, or rivers are interested, but they're all currently obtaining more information and kicking the tires. Nobody has to make a move right now, so everyone's in gunslinger mode--the point just before the draw where they try to figure out what the other guy's gonna do and then what they're gonna do.

In the meantime, everyone's posturing with the intention of bettering their position later, when it's either go time or walking time.

gyldenlove
03-26-2009, 08:25 AM
This story is fictional at best. If you look at how vaguely it is reported you can see all the hallmark signs of a writer trying very hard not to lie, but trying very hard not to tell the truth either.

"Some elements of the Vikings coaching staff", if you are deep enough in the organization that you know of this story, then you also know who would and could put the kibosh on something like this.

"Entirely sold", and that means they are more sold on Tavaris Jackson who even with the top RB in the league and one of the best defenses had a hard time getting his team to the playoffs in a weak division. This sounds more like they were not "entirely willing to pay the price".

My feeling is that some discussion has been made in Viking land about trying to trade for Cutler, ultimately Childress decided it was counter productive to offer up the kind of swag it would take when his defensive front is looking at a 4 game suspension to start the season and considering he sent a mid round pick to Houston already for a QB. I don't think this one ever reached the offer stage.

_Oro_
03-26-2009, 08:33 AM

Ahh you think Pennington is the answer?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-26-2009, 08:59 AM
I just find it amusing that BB takes the word of the Vikes' front office at face value, but every time McDaniels says ANYTHING about ANYTHING, he breaks it down to find any tiny inconsistency he can.

Talk about irrefutable. That's an irrefutable agenda.

Raider9175
03-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Slow news day. Interesting blurbs, though... because I think Minnesota is far and away the most logical place for him to land, if traded. I can't believe Minny wouldn't throw the kitchen sink at us. They'd be instant competitors.

But, some of the coaches "aren't sold on him." I'll guarantee you it's not his physical skills they're not sold on....

http://www.twincities.com/ci_11994368
Somewhere in the woods near the Winter Park practice facility, a secret plan is buried deep beneath the hard ground. Few people have seen it. In fact, perhaps only the head coach and Zygi Wilf have seen it. But when it gets unearthed at some point in the future, we'll all nod our heads and declare, "Ohhhhh, that's what they were doing! Yes, I see it now!"

Until then, we are left to scratch our heads and mutter the occasional curse. On Wednesday, we discover the Minnesota Vikings could have had quarterback Jay Cutler for draft picks. In other words: quarterback problem solved. Yippee.

But the report by Yahoo.com said the deal fell through because "some elements" of the Minnesota coaching staff weren't sold on Cutler. Some elements? There's only one element that counts on the Minnesota coaching staff, and its initials are B.C.

At last count, the Vikings had about 147 assistant coaches on the payroll. Perhaps ownership should invest in a quarterback evaluator. Because this may be the most puzzling

Advertisement
decision yet.
Yes, I'm scratching my head right now. Feel free to curse

Who wants to put the hands of their franchise in a Drunk. NOt Mcdaniels. The guy has type 1 diabetics and not too bright drinking that much alcohol.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Who wants to put the hands of their franchise in a Drunk. NOt Mcdaniels. The guy has type 1 diabetics and not too bright drinking that much alcohol.

EYE CNAT REED GUD>! I IS RAYDUR FAN!

effin' retard.

Beantown Bronco
03-26-2009, 09:12 AM
But the report by Yahoo.com said the deal fell through because "some elements" of the Minnesota coaching staff weren't sold on Cutler.

I just want two answers:

Are those elements left- or right-handed?
and
Were they looking down and to the left or up and to the right when they made those comments?

Raider9175
03-26-2009, 09:13 AM
EYE CNAT REED GUD>! I IS RAYDUR FAN!

effin' retard.

Well what do you want to dispute. If your a NFL team and are making a finacial commitment to a player(not even counting compensation) You don't think jay Cutlers drinking habits should play a role in their decision making.

HOw long you think Cutlers liver going to last?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Well what do you want to dispute. If your a NFL team and are making a finacial commitment to a player(not even counting compensation) You don't think jay Cutlers drinking habits should play a role in their decision making.

How long do you think your brain is going to last on that Meth/prescription cocktail you're feeding it? By the looks of it, you're already losing what must have been an already-low IQ.

The story you're referring to was not only debunked, it was removed by the station that printed it, and now the reporter is in hot water for making **** up.

:welcome: So long, suck ass. :welcome:

SportinOne
03-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Didn't you hear the latest meme? Josh McDaniels is a power-hungry sonofab**** who will eat your children and steal your thunder and who is in charge of all things at Dove Valley, including (but not limited to) when BroncoBuff can go to work (he's the deep-fry cook at the facility).

War's over, Moose. It's time to move on. ^5

DBroncos4life
03-26-2009, 10:39 AM

Well as long as there are owners that will pay Hall 8 million for 8 games or Javon Walker 1.6 million per catch I think its safe to say that a NFL team will make a finacial commitment to Cutler.

Popps
03-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Ahh you think Pennington is the answer?

Well, I don't know... they made the playoffs last year. I'd say the move was an intelligent one, sure. "The answer?" I have no idea, but he's a lot better than the trash they've trotted out there for the last decade.

SportinOne
03-26-2009, 10:43 AM
What they had, last year, was a healthy Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams for the first time in forever. Add in a pretty solid O-Line and a smart quarterback and you have a bit of success. Their defense was stout (enough) as well.

Popps
03-26-2009, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=Popps;2353101]
You are the one that keeps pointing out that he is a head case and he has no trade value.

Look, just ignore my posts if you can't read and react to what I said without making things up.

No one said he had "NO" trade value. What I said, and what has been backed my reports like this on is that he has somewhat DIMINISHED trade value due to his situation. Jay's behavior is NOT HELPING his trade value.

Again, it's simple, basic math. Why anyone wants to argue that point is beyond me. It's the peak of lunacy. You can love Jay or hate Jay, and the fact remains that his behavior isn't helping his own value.

[QUOTE=Popps;2353101] One would believe that you would have come to understand that even our coach said he wasn't going to be traded and that Jay is our QB, that is unless you don't believe he is telling us the truth. I mean we have ZERO reason not to believe what our own coach is saying right?

You're free to believe whatever you want. I have no idea if he'll be traded.
It's a poker game. McDaniels may be serious about keeping him, and he may be trying to buoy his trade value (and our leverage) by appearing to not be interested in trade offers. (Hence, taking the stance that it would take a big offer to move him.)

So, I don't know what your point here is, outside of that you like Jay Cutler.
Can't you just say that and let the rest of us have discussions about the variables in the situation?

We get it. You enjoy Jay Cutler. Thank you.

Raider9175
03-26-2009, 11:05 AM
How long do you think your brain is going to last on that Meth/prescription cocktail you're feeding it? By the looks of it, you're already losing what must have been an already-low IQ.

The story you're referring to was not only debunked, it was removed by the station that printed it, and now the reporter is in hot water for making **** up.

:welcome: So long, suck ass. :welcome:

Okay Rhodes scholar. Tell me if Cutler not a drunk, than try to explain his december swoon every year. (look up his stats) So basically your saying the guy sucks.

Mike Shanahan: Okay Jay all we need is one more victory and the AFc West is ours

Otis Cutler(Town drunk) : Comeon Mike You know i don't handle pressure very well. <hiccup>

Mike Shanahan: Comeon Jay we need you focused and stay away from Pat Bowlens house( i don't care if he signs your check)

Otis Cutler: Mike I need something for the shakes.

Mike Shanahan- : Alcohol isn't the answer jay. IF you Don't care about your teammates , care about your liver.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Okay Rhodes scholar. Tell me if Cutler not a drunk, than try to explain his december swoon every year. (look up his stats) So basically your saying the guy sucks.

Mike Shanahan: Okay Jay all we need is one more victory and the AFc West is ours

Otis Cutler(Town drunk) : Comeon Mike You know i don't handle pressure very well. <hiccup>

Mike Shanahan: Comeon Jay we need you focused and stay away from Pat Bowlens house( i don't care if he signs your check)

Otis Cutler: Mike I need something for the shakes.

Mike Shanahan- : Alcohol isn't the answer jay. IF you Don't care about your teammates , care about your liver.

Right... because it had nothing to do with the worst-in-the-history-of-the-franchise defense, did it?

I stand by my earlier statement: You are a retard.

Beantown Bronco
03-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Well, I don't know... they made the playoffs last year. I'd say the move was an intelligent one, sure. "The answer?" I have no idea, but he's a lot better than the trash they've trotted out there for the last decade.

Not coincidentally, Miami's best and most successful offensive plays last year came when Ronnie Brown played QB and Chad lined up as a WR.

Popps
03-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Not coincidentally, Miami's best and most successful offensive plays last year came when Ronnie Brown played QB and Chad lined up as a WR.

Dude, no one said he was Joe Montana.

He had a 97 QB rating, took care of the ball and was a good team leader. The fish made the playoffs for the first time in a long time.

No need to get hung up on this. It was a simple analogy to another team that had screwed up the QB spot for a long time.

Beantown Bronco
03-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Dude, no one said he was Joe Montana.

He had a 97 QB rating, took care of the ball and was a good team leader. The fish made the playoffs for the first time in a long time.

No need to get hung up on this. It was a simple analogy to another team that had screwed up the QB spot for a long time.

Just messin around.

I agree with you. It was obviously the right choice for them to get done what they wanted to do last year (turn the program around with good running game, defense, and a QB that won't carry the team on his back much, but won't make the killer mistakes either).

I think they pretty much hit their ceiling with him, though. It's rare that you can do much more than a wild card game with a QB that can only manage and can't truly take over a game. To do so, you need a historically good defense and/or special teams....and I don't think Miami has either right now.

BroncoBuff
03-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Saw last night where Pennington says the Dolphins are giving up on him ... they're gonna start the transition to their other Chad QB (Henne) this year, and won't resign Pennington for 2010.

This is one cutthroat business ... I think Pennington is a damn fine QB, a real field general, a winner. What does he have to do to find true love? Does he have to stoop to Detroit for hevvinsakes?

BroncoBuff
03-26-2009, 12:59 PM
The fish made the playoffs for the first time in a long time.

Shows what you know, Popps ... Dolphins are MAMMALS, not fish.

That's just sad.

rugbythug
03-26-2009, 01:02 PM

That's just sad.

Ohh Burn

Popps
03-26-2009, 01:09 PM

That's just sad.

Hilarious!

Hey, I didn't give them the nick-name. Blame those dummies down in Miami.

Popps
03-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Just messin around.

I agree with you. It was obviously the right choice for them to get done what they wanted to do last year (turn the program around with good running game, defense, and a QB that won't carry the team on his back much, but won't make the killer mistakes either).

I think they pretty much hit their ceiling with him, though. It's rare that you can do much more than a wild card game with a QB that can only manage and can't truly take over a game. To do so, you need a historically good defense and/or special teams....and I don't think Miami has either right now.

That could be. He's got a weak arm and problems staying healthy. That said, worse QBs have won SBs, and they're building a complete team down there.
I still think they could use another pass-catching threat. They might have done well to go after Winslow.

Cito Pelon
03-26-2009, 03:06 PM
That could be. He's got a weak arm and problems staying healthy. That said, worse QBs have won SBs, and they're building a complete team down there.
I still think they could use another pass-catching threat. They might have done well to go after Winslow.

What they need is Mike Shanahan or Jay Cutler. Either one would definitely win them a SB. Both of them would mean like, four of them shiny things.

barryr
03-26-2009, 04:18 PM
The Vikings wouldn't be contenders with all they'd need to deal to get Cutler anyway. I doubt McDaniels were listening long to the Vikes since they have nothing to offer.

Dedhed
03-26-2009, 04:59 PM

.Buff, you've lost it over this, man.

McDaniels said on Tuesday that he hadn't had any discussions, but that there had been messages left regarding Jay. This report says that the Vikings, supposedly turned down a deal on Wednesday.

You're aware that Wednesday comes after Tuesday right? For all you know the Vikings left a message on Monday, Xanders called them on Wednesday and said "Give us your 1st round picks in '09, '10, and '11 and your second rounder in '09 as well", and this story is fully corroborated, and McDaniels has told nothing but 100% truth.

You need to relax and stop grasping for straws, here.

chaz
03-26-2009, 05:21 PM
as a Minnesotan, I feel the need to support all those who proclaim Childress' idiocy...I'm thankful he's not coaching my team

Northman
03-26-2009, 05:22 PM

That's just sad.

Tim Burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Dr. Broncenstein
03-26-2009, 05:29 PM
This story is BS. The Vikes don't have the ammo to make a deal for Cutler. Any trade for will require an established quarterback who can win now... which is exactly what the Vikes don't have.

DBroncos4life
03-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Buff, you've lost it over this, man.

McDaniels said on Tuesday that he hadn't had any discussions, but that there had been messages left regarding Jay. This report says that the Vikings, supposedly turned down a deal on Wednesday.

You're aware that Wednesday comes after Tuesday right? For all you know the Vikings left a message on Monday, Xanders called them on Wednesday and said "Give us your 1st round picks in '09, '10, and '11 and your second rounder in '09 as well", and this story is fully corroborated, and McDaniels has told nothing but 100% truth.

You need to relax and stop grasping for straws, here.

He also claims that Cutler isn't going anywhere so Cutlers trade value doesn't matter much anymore.