PDA

View Full Version : Pat Bowlen Appreciation Thread: 25 Years

Popps
03-25-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-2549-Denver-Broncos-Examiner~y2009m3d25-Bowlen-quietly-celebrates-25th-year-as-Broncos-owner

Lost on the shuffle of the Jay Cutler-Josh McDaniels argument-turned-feud-turned-rift-turned-debacle, etc., was that Pat Bowlen passed a tremendous milestone on Monday.
March 23 was Bowlen's 25th anniversary as owner of the Denver Broncos after he bought the team from Edgar Kaiser in 1984.
"Do I get a gold watch?" Bowlen asked with a laugh at the NFL neetings in California.
Instead Bowlen gets a quarterback controversy and a large bottle of Advil,
The best day of Bowlen's 25 years as Broncos owner?
"That's easy: Super Bowl XXXII," Bowlen said, describing the team's first NFL title (remember "This one's for John?"). "Winning that game in San Diego after losing three (Super Bowls) it was by far my biggest thrill."
The two toughest ordeals did not include the Cutler-McDaniels fiasco. The first was the first Super Bowl loss, XXI to the New York Giants. Phil Simms, father of current Broncos quarterback Chris Simms, completed 22-of-25 passes to beat Denver. And the second was the fatal shooting of cornerback Darrent Williams.
"Darrent Williams was certainly one of the worst things I've ever had to go through as Broncos owner, as a human being," Bowlen said.

http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/patbowlen1(1).jpg

http://nbcsportsmedia4.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050612/050612_crush_hmed_5p.hmedium.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02I7b1s3zq87O/610x.jpg

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72360873.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB539D84BE6498EE5F A40A659CEC4C8CB6

"...he's the best owner in sports."
-Mike Shanahan

crush17
03-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Thank you, Mr. Bowlen.

You have done your best to provide this sports town with the best team it can get for 25 years strong.

I salute you and all of your efforts.

Popps
03-25-2009, 03:51 PM
I grew up in St. Louis, and saw first-hand as a very young kid what poor ownership looked like. (Bidwell) The Big Red had marginal talent, and were lucky to have what they did. Bidwell was notorious for not putting the dollars forth to give the fans a decent product. I latched onto the Broncos in the Orange Crush era, as the Big Read was already known to be headed out of town. Bowlen came along in the early 80s.

From that point on, you saw a concerted effort from the franchise to remain competitive, which ramped up in the 90s, of course. I don't think most fans around here understand what it's like to root for a football team with shoddy ownership.

Props to Pat for keeping the franchise somewhere between competitive and elite for most of his ownership.

eddie mac
03-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Still one of the best owners around despite some of the ridiculous comments on here recently.

Popps
03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/zapparulez/Bronco%20Pics%20Elway%20Era/patbowlenfurcoat.jpg

Bring it back, Pat. Just for the anniversary season.

Popps
03-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Cool little write-up from MHR...

Most of us can agree that Pat Bowlen has been one of the best owners in the National Football League. We have been blessed as Bronco fans to have such an active, yet non-intrusive CEO.

However, we came real close to losing Mr. Bowlen in favor of the return of a former owner who nearly bankrupt the franchise in just two years of running the team.

To really understand what happened and why, we have to go all the way back to 1981. I was just learning to pee in the bowl at that point. This was the year that a man named Edgar F. Kaiser, Jr. purchased the Denver Broncos for a paltry $30 million. Amazingly, he only had to pay $8 million up front. The rest was to be paid over time at 12% interest. Unfortunately for Kaiser, the franchise posted a $1 million loss in his first season as an owner. Then in 1982 came the NFL Players strike that seriously put Kaiser and the Broncos in financial peril.

Even after posting a $6 million profit in 1983 and also selling his Minority Interest in the team to Bob Adams, a long time friend of Dan Reeves, for another $10 million, the Broncos were nearing bankruptcy. Enter Pat Bowlen, who was as desperate to own a professional franchise as Kaiser was to sell his own. A determined Bowlen offered Kaiser an NFL record $51 million(which included assumption of $25 million in debt!) for Majority Interest in the team. To top that off, Bob Adams then demanded to be bought out at the same share price which cost Bowlen an additional $20 million.

The amazing thing to me is that Kaiser was $25 million in debt even after posting a $6 million profit and selling $10 million for Minority Interest. I wish I knew what the hell he was doing and how he ever became a millionaire in the first place(I checked the latter, he is a trust fund baby).

After paying the hefty sum of $71 million to become an owner in the NFL, Bowlen's family businesses began to falter somewhat in the late 80's. This forced Bowlen to transfer ownership of the Broncos into various family owned corporations. The list is too long to mention, but by 1998 this is how the Broncos corporate structure looked:

"(1)The Broncos franchise and assets related to the team were owned entirely by the Partnership; (2) The Majority Interest of the Partnership was owned by Texas Northern Products; (3) the Minority Interest in the Partnership, which was acquired from Bob Adams, was owned by P.D.B. Enterprises, which was owned entirely by Texas Northern; (4) Texas Northern was entirely owned by Hambledon Sports."Source

Prior to the 1998 season, Bowlen offered John Elway a deeply discounted deal to buy 20% of ownership of Texas Northern. Elway never accepted the offer, but Edgar Kaiser filed suit over the proposed deal anyway. The battle was on.

When Kaiser had sold the Broncos to Bowlen, he included a special clause called "right of first refusal" which gave Kaiser the right to repurchase any part of the Denver Broncos franchise that Bowlen offered to sell to a third party on the same terms. In order to save us all from the legalise required to explain all this, it basically comes down to the fact that Kaiser wanted to purchase a Minority Interest of the Broncos for the exact price Bowlen had offered it to Elway.

It wasn't clear cut, however, as Bowlen had been transferring ownership of the Broncos between various corporations since he took over the team in 1983. Any one of those previous moves could have been found in violation of the original special clause.

At stake in this court battle wasn't just the ownership of the Denver Broncos, but also a large percentage of the profits earned since Pat Bowlen purchased the team. He stood to lose hundreds of millions of dollars if he lost his case against Kaiser. How this man was able to continue running a successful franchise from 1998 to 2006 is beyond me!

Fortunately for us, the courts decided that Pat Bowlen had offered Elway shares in Texas Northern. The text of the original agreement specifically gave Kaiser a right of first refusal over only the Broncos franchise and the Majority Interest. As stated earlier, Texas Northern owns the Minority Interest. Bowlen won his case through(what I believe to be) blind chance. Had he offered Elway a stake in any other portion of the team, we could very well have had a forced change in ownership.

In any event, we should count our lucky stars to still have the great owner we have. I can't imagine having anyone else in charge of our franchise. Especially after studying how "well" Kaiser ran this organization. Heck, if Bowlen had lost and Kaiser took over back in 2006, we could be looking at financial insolvency right now!

Broncomutt
03-25-2009, 03:59 PM
About time Popps.

This one's for Pat!

Bronx33
03-25-2009, 04:00 PM
I Appreciate Pat Bowlen for everything hes done for our team and the city ( hats off to pat) hes earned it.

Taco John
03-25-2009, 04:00 PM
He's a good owner. He's just making some terrible decisions lately.

DenverBrit
03-25-2009, 04:01 PM
We're fortunate to have Bowlen as an owner here in Denver. He is well known around the league as one of the best.

It's sad how many on the Mane want to describe the man in such negative and derogatory terms.

Those people will never get close to his achievements, or do a fraction of the good works he and the Broncos have done in the community.

Hulamau
03-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Supporting Bowlen is a no brainer.

Popps
03-25-2009, 04:03 PM

We shall see.

The best decisions aren't always popular.

Taco John
03-25-2009, 04:06 PM
We shall see.

The best decisions aren't always popular.

You're right about that. But in the meantime, he's been a good owner, whether I agree with his decision-making or not. I hope that his recent moves do not hurt his HOF bid like I think they will. For what he's done for the city and the league, he probably deserves to be there.

tsiguy96
03-25-2009, 04:07 PM

why dont you wait to see how they turn out before crying about them.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Thanks Pat. 25 years and 5 SB trips can't be wrong.

Hogan11
03-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Yes, one of the very best owners in sports, bar none. Now if he'd only bring back the orange and get rid of the arena team look.....

Popps
03-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Yes, one of the very best owners in sports, bar none. Now if he'd only bring back the orange and get rid of the arena team look.....

Seriously. I'd love to see our look updated with more original colors. Even if it's a different orange with a throw-back feel.

I never understand these things. I'm convinced that fans would buy the **** of out of a uniform refresh. Seems like easy money. I'd update all of my stuff.
This armpit swoosh thing is going on 11 years old, and wasn't stellar to begin with.

Our alternate jersey is fantastic. That should be our home jersey.

Hogan11
03-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Seriously. I'd love to see our look updated with more original colors. Even if it's a different orange with a throw-back feel.

I never understand these things. I'm convinced that fans would buy the **** of out of a uniform refresh. Seems like easy money. I'd update all of my stuff.
This armpit swoosh thing is going on 11 years old, and wasn't stellar to begin with.

Personally, I was hoping for it...you know, new coach, new beginning and all that, must be sales haven't stagnated enough for it to be under consideration yet.

Bronx33
03-25-2009, 04:35 PM

I was hardcore against the new uniforms when we got them.

Popps
Personally, I was hoping for it...you know, new coach, new beginning and all that, must be sales haven't stagnated enough for it to be under consideration yet.

I guess that has to be it. I also don't know if the NFL has a time-limit on uniform refreshes.

I'd love to see it happen.

These look so much better...

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/18/185559.jpg

Popps
I was hardcore against the new uniforms when we got them.

Me too, but softened my stance after we won a SB. :)

Bronx33
03-25-2009, 04:37 PM
I guess that has to be it. I also don't know if the NFL has a time-limit on uniform refreshes.

I'd love to see it happen.

These look so much better...

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/18/185559.jpg

I really thought the orange really helped elway find his recievers down field.

Bronx33
03-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Me too, but softened my stance after we won a SB. :)

I still add to my supply of old school stuff at goodwill it's a treasure trove of old school bronco stuff.

Popps
03-25-2009, 04:40 PM
I still add to my supply of old school stuff at goodwill it's a treasure trove of old school bronco stuff.

When I was in Denver last, my beautiful wife was patient enough to drive all over town with me, going to goodwill stores. Meck hooked me up with a list. I scored nicely.

I'm the same way. Always trying to reload on all of the old-school gear. It'll run out, some day.

HEAV
03-25-2009, 05:38 PM
You're right about that. But in the meantime, he's been a good owner, whether I agree with his decision-making or not. I hope that his recent moves do not hurt his HOF bid like I think they will. For what he's done for the city and the league, he probably deserves to be there.

You always have to line your comments with a "But". All you had to do was say "He's been a great owner"

But you always have to but you out bail-out clause in your statements.

Bowlen is a top 5 owner in the NFL.

Pony Boy
03-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks Pat. 25 years and 5 SB trips can't be wrong.

I agree and remember the grass is definitely not greener on the other side.

Pick Six
03-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Thank you for all you've done for the franchise, Mr. Bowlen...:notworthy

Popps
10-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Great time for a bump.

Thanks again to Mr. Bowlen for having the foresight to hire the great Mike Shanahan, and also having the foresight to realize when it was time to turn the page.

Not only was the timing perfect, but it appears we've found ourselves another one of the great young coaches in the NFL. The McDaniels hiring reminded many of us of the Shanahan hiring, and it looks even more that way with some games in the rear view mirror.

We have a long way to go, but what a great start.

Thanks again to Pat Bowlen and all the Broncos brass!

Tombstone RJ
10-05-2009, 10:28 AM
http://www.examiner.com/x-2549-Denver-Broncos-Examiner~y2009m3d25-Bowlen-quietly-celebrates-25th-year-as-Broncos-owner

Lost on the shuffle of the Jay Cutler-Josh McDaniels argument-turned-feud-turned-rift-turned-debacle, etc., was that Pat Bowlen passed a tremendous milestone on Monday.
March 23 was Bowlen's 25th anniversary as owner of the Denver Broncos after he bought the team from Edgar Kaiser in 1984.
"Do I get a gold watch?" Bowlen asked with a laugh at the NFL neetings in California.
"That's easy: Super Bowl XXXII," Bowlen said, describing the team's first NFL title (remember "This one's for John?"). "Winning that game in San Diego after losing three (Super Bowls) it was by far my biggest thrill."
The two toughest ordeals did not include the Cutler-McDaniels fiasco. The first was the first Super Bowl loss, XXI to the New York Giants. Phil Simms, father of current Broncos quarterback Chris Simms, completed 22-of-25 passes to beat Denver. And the second was the fatal shooting of cornerback Darrent Williams.
"Darrent Williams was certainly one of the worst things I've ever had to go through as Broncos owner, as a human being," Bowlen said.

http://nbcsportsmedia4.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050612/050612_crush_hmed_5p.hmedium.jpg

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72360873.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB539D84BE6498EE5F A40A659CEC4C8CB6

-Mike Shanahan

:notworthy

Popps
10-05-2009, 11:34 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0221/nfl_a_mcdaniels_bowlen_576.jpg

Broncomutt
10-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Been sitting here for 20 minutes thinking of the best (and most clever) way to say thank you.

Just don't know what to say that hasn't been said though.

Thank you Pat!!

baja
10-05-2009, 01:32 PM

Can you give an example?

baja
10-05-2009, 01:40 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0221/nfl_a_mcdaniels_bowlen_576.jpg

Is it my imagination or is Josh developing the Shanahan "dead eye" look in his right eye.

baja
10-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Been sitting here for 20 minutes thinking of the best (and most clever) way to say thank you.

Just don't know what to say that hasn't been said though.

Thank you Pat!!

Pat I, like many, have always known you are not a gutless drunk.

Rock Chalk
10-05-2009, 01:58 PM

Still think this way?

Taco John
10-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Still think this way?

It's pretty difficult to second-guess a 4-0 start, even if one were to believe that we'd be 4-0 with Shanahan right now. Bowlen's decisions have panned out nicely. He most definitely deserves congratulations and kudos for his success.

And at this point, any doubts that ANYBODY had about Josh McDaniel's ability to coach have been put to rest. The guy clearly knows what he's doing.

I'm happy with the new situation. It doesn't mean that I don't still have a broken heart over the loss of Shanahan. The new situation certainly makes it a lot easier to swallow. I get it though. A lot of people were sick of Shanahan and are glad to see him gone. That's your perogative, and you're welcome to have it. And I will fully admit it, I have a tendancy to get attached to the moving pieces in this game.

I'm a big Shanahan fan, and have been ever since I was a kid reading Elway quotes about what Shanahan has done for his game. I was pissed at Reeves for canning Shanahan, and was ready to see Reeves go at that point. I rejoiced when Shanahan was hired as our coach, and knew in my heart of hearts that Elway would win MULTIPLE superbowls with Shanahan. As a young adult, I read Shanahan's book, and took his approach to life to heart. I was a fan of Shanahan in my young adulthood in the same way that I was a fan of Elway in my youth. Shanahan and Elway to me are immortal symbols of the Broncos. And for that matter, still are.

But that doesn't mean that I'm not on board with the new face of Broncos football. McDaniels may not have come up through the Broncos system like Shanahan did, but the way he has started his story here in Broncoland is damn impressive. The guy is like a younger version of Shanahan. At the end of the day, I loved Shanahan not only because of his history here, but also because he was an intense coach who managed to put his team in position to win games. That's exactly what Josh is. The guy is an incredible game day coach. People think our offense is boring. I'm loving it. We're not even scratching the surface of what this offense will be capable of as our coach let's his gambling nature out in full trust of the defense. Things on offense are going to pick up.

Whether we'd be 4-0 with Shanahan and Cutler right now - who knows? I'm sure there are a few thousand opinions on that here, and that they all know with a certainty that they are right. Whatever the answer is, it's a moot point because we're 4-0 with Josh right now.

The divorce is over. It was messy. But guess what? Your new step mother is your age, hot as hell, and she makes a killer breakfast in her undies. You might still feel pissed at dad for what happened with mom, but shut up and eat some ****ing pancakes.

Evenrude
10-05-2009, 02:47 PM
^ Best post I've read in a long while ^

HEAV
10-05-2009, 04:33 PM
It's pretty difficult to second-guess a 4-0 start, even if one were to believe that we'd be 4-0 with Shanahan right now. Bowlen's decisions have panned out nicely. He most definitely deserves congratulations and kudos for his success.

And at this point, any doubts that ANYBODY had about Josh McDaniel's ability to coach have been put to rest. The guy clearly knows what he's doing.

I'm happy with the new situation. It doesn't mean that I don't still have a broken heart over the loss of Shanahan. The new situation certainly makes it a lot easier to swallow. I get it though. A lot of people were sick of Shanahan and are glad to see him gone. That's your perogative, and you're welcome to have it. And I will fully admit it, I have a tendancy to get attached to the moving pieces in this game.

I'm a big Shanahan fan, and have been ever since I was a kid reading Elway quotes about what Shanahan has done for his game. I was pissed at Reeves for canning Shanahan, and was ready to see Reeves go at that point. I rejoiced when Shanahan was hired as our coach, and knew in my heart of hearts that Elway would win MULTIPLE superbowls with Shanahan. As a young adult, I read Shanahan's book, and took his approach to life to heart. I was a fan of Shanahan in my young adulthood in the same way that I was a fan of Elway in my youth. Shanahan and Elway to me are immortal symbols of the Broncos. And for that matter, still are.

But that doesn't mean that I'm not on board with the new face of Broncos football. McDaniels may not have come up through the Broncos system like Shanahan did, but the way he has started his story here in Broncoland is damn impressive. The guy is like a younger version of Shanahan. At the end of the day, I loved Shanahan not only because of his history here, but also because he was an intense coach who managed to put his team in position to win games. That's exactly what Josh is. The guy is an incredible game day coach. People think our offense is boring. I'm loving it. We're not even scratching the surface of what this offense will be capable of as our coach let's his gambling nature out in full trust of the defense. Things on offense are going to pick up.

Whether we'd be 4-0 with Shanahan and Cutler right now - who knows? I'm sure there are a few thousand opinions on that here, and that they all know with a certainty that they are right. Whatever the answer is, it's a moot point because we're 4-0 with Josh right now.

The divorce is over. It was messy. But guess what? Your new step mother is your age, hot as hell, and she makes a killer breakfast in her undies. You might still feel pissed at dad for what happened with mom, but shut up and eat some ****ing pancakes.

Well that only took seven months and 4 victories to change your mind. Glad you finally see it's about the entire team and not just the individual.

What Shanny did in Denver was great. But there comes a time when you have to move on.

Meck77
10-05-2009, 04:47 PM

:notworthy

LMFAO!

May the gutless drunk posts be laid to rest. Maybe we've finally turned the corner as a Bronco fan community. Cue Bob Marley's "One love".

:smashpats

Rock Chalk
10-05-2009, 05:15 PM

Hey, I wasn't sick of Shanahan the coach. I was sick of Shanahan the GM and sick of the Shanahan that played favorites with inept coaches.

I will always love Shanahan for what he did for Elway, probably more so than what he did for the Broncos. Elway deserved a superbowl championship. After the infamous Band on the Field game in college to the heartbreaking SB losses in the 80s, if there was one player that deserved a Championship it was that guy. WHat Shanahan did for the Broncos post Elway wasn't really all that impressive.

I agree with this.

But that doesn't mean that I'm not on board with the new face of Broncos football now. McDaniels may not have come up through the Broncos system like Shanahan did, but the way he has started his story here in Broncoland is damn impressive after I questioned everything he did before he ever coached a game here. The guy is like a younger version of Shanahan. At the end of the day, I loved Shanahan not only because of his history here, but also because he was an intense coach who managed to put his team in position to win games early in his career. That's exactly what Josh is, except he already is responsible for putting together the most prolific offense ever. The guy is an incredible game day coach. People think our offense is boring. I'm loving it. We're not even scratching the surface of what this offense will be capable of as our coach let's his gambling nature out in full trust of the defense. Things on offense are going to pick up.
Above edited for accuracy :)

I know that with Shanahan and Cutler and Nolan we'd be 4-0 but you dont get that scenario. You get Shanahan and Cutler and Slowik and with that group you aren't 4-0, you are 3-1, maybe 2-2 but probably 3-1.

This is both disturbing and hot at the same time.

Popps
10-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Again, Shanahan is the best coach we've ever had. Aside from Elway, it's hard to place more importance on a single person. (Not including Bowlen, of course.)

But, Bowlen understands the sport, his business and the franchise, and knew it was time to make a change. Doesn't mean Shanahan won't be great somewhere else, but it was the right time to make the change.

Props to him for having the foresight and guts to do it.

Popps
10-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Bumpage.

Broncomutt
10-11-2009, 06:49 PM
I repeat, I just wanted to be redundant again

Damn we are lucky

lazarus4444
10-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Thank you Bowlen and I noticed the "bowlen is a gutless drunk" thread is either deleted or hidden in an unsearchable sub forum. I think that is ultimately good but it is fun to bump it after each win :)

Popps
10-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Thank you Bowlen and I noticed the "bowlen is a gutless drunk" thread is either deleted or hidden in an unsearchable sub forum. I think that is ultimately good but it is fun to bump it after each win :)

Oh, trust me... that thread would have blown the hell up.

Anyway, Pat's having the last laugh right now. Probably enjoying a cigar and a nice single malt. :)

HEAV
10-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Thank you Pat Bowlen.

You made the correct choice in McDaniels. While I wanted a defensive minded headcoach, you proved that getting the best coach overall was the choice.

Irish Stout
10-11-2009, 10:20 PM
I wish I were a gutless drunk. Clearly Pat is really good at seeing talent and putting it in the right place at the right time. Good job Mr. Bowlen.

Now I just hope he can find a better way to keep tickets out of the hands of so many other teams' fans.

Durango
10-11-2009, 10:20 PM
5 & 0 is amazing. Astonishing. It's a testament to McDaniels' hard work and a new, more determined workman attitude in the planning rooms and on the field. I can't justify my dislike of McDaniels any longer. He's clearly within his depth, and may become a great coach for the franchise. That being said, I remain disgruntled, and my distaste for McDaniels is more about my distaste for East Coast mentality and attitudes than anything reasonable or justifiable. I sincerely hope he becomes the most successful coach in Bronco history.

SouthCarolinaBronco
10-11-2009, 10:21 PM
While I wanted a defensive minded headcoach...

You got one with Mike Nolan!

azbroncfan
10-11-2009, 10:23 PM

-Mike Shanahan

Thanks Pat,

Alot of people have given you **** but 99 percent of them will never even sniff to being as good of a business man as you. You made a business move this offseason that was unpopular with a lot of people and it has paid off so far. That is what great business men do. MCD is a hell of a coach.

Popps
10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
I hope one of the local writers will have enough sense and class to at least throw a few words of props Pat's way this week. Not that it's probably any skin off of Pat's ass, but it's definitely in order.

The guy made a tough decision, and right now it looks like yet another great one.

Broncomutt
10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Haha, and who did TJ just credit first on Monday Night Countdown for the turnaround. Yeah, Bowlen!!

BTW, that TJ is Tom Jackson...not the gutless drunk Taco John.

Cito Pelon
10-12-2009, 05:10 PM
King Bowlen.

Rock Chalk
10-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Thats two awesome HCs in a row that Bowlen has hand picked.

Like Al, I hope Pat nevr dies.

Popps
10-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Thats two awesome HCs in a row that Bowlen has hand picked.

Like Al, I hope Pat nevr dies.

Mr. B said he basically couldn't get a pen in his hand to sign McDaniels fast enough. I knew right then we had a special coach on our hands.

Bowlen has seen it all. Taking the other side on this guy is a fool's errand.