PDA

View Full Version : Alleged Bus Cook Comment: Sports Illustrated

Rock Chalk
03-25-2009, 03:40 PM
OK so I got the new issue of SI today and normally I dont open it up but its March and there was bound to be some march madness stuff what with the Terminator Blake Griffin on the cover.

Anyway, flipping through I see a big picture of Jay getting tackled by a Chieffie, and lo and behold, an article on the whole situation.

I skimmed it, mostly because I dont really care. Its basketball season and football is on the backburner until opening day. Anyway, what stood out to me was one of those quoted inserts that are surrounded by boxes to draw your attention to it and it was an alleged quote by Bus Cook:

"I have told Jay, 'You'd better be careful. You don't have any control over where you play'".

Aint that the truth? The concept, not necessarily the quote or if Bus Cook really did tell him that.

Also in the article, while not really "news" but I thought was kinda funny was a quote from McDaniels:

"If someone comes to me here [at the owners meeting] to talk about [making a trade for] Jay, they're going to get a huge stiff arm".

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-25-2009, 03:43 PM
OK so I got the new issue of SI today and normally I dont open it up but its March and there was bound to be some march madness stuff what with the Terminator Blake Griffin on the cover.

Anyway, flipping through I see a big picture of Jay getting tackled by a Chieffie, and lo and behold, an article on the whole situation.

I skimmed it, mostly because I dont really care. Its basketball season and football is on the backburner until opening day. Anyway, what stood out to me was one of those quoted inserts that are surrounded by boxes to draw your attention to it and it was an alleged quote by Bus Cook:

"I have told Jay, 'You'd better be careful. You don't have any control over where you play'".

Aint that the truth? The concept, not necessarily the quote or if Bus Cook really did tell him that.

Also in the article, while not really "news" but I thought was kinda funny was a quote from McDaniels:

"If someone comes to me here [at the owners meeting] to talk about [making a trade for] Jay, they're going to get a huge stiff arm".

RETARD ON

Yeah, but you notice that he specified that he would only stiff arm people who try to talk to him at the owners' meeting! Not a week after the owners' meeting! He's a liar! See how two faced he is???

RETARD OFF

DenverBrit
03-25-2009, 03:44 PM

Detroit and Cleveland, for instance........he'd be much happier in Denver with a coach he doesn't like.
Be careful what you wish for. ;D

USMCBladerunner
03-25-2009, 03:48 PM
RETARD ON

Yeah, but you notice that he specified that he would only stiff arm people who try to talk to him at the owners' meeting! Not a week after the owners' meeting! He's a liar! See how two faced he is???

RETARD OFF

lol...</RETARD>

crush17
03-25-2009, 03:49 PM
some good stuff on the Mane today that's for sure hahahaha!!

Popps
03-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Wow. Interesting, but who do you believe? He is an agent, after all.

Could be true, could be part of a smoke-screen. It would seem a little odd, though... as it sort of puts a distance between them, at face value.

Rock Chalk
03-25-2009, 03:53 PM
IDIOTS OF THE ORANGE MANE 2009 (list)
lex
Bronco Buff
Beantown Bronco
Blueflame

Beantown and Blueflame arent idiots. Misguided sure.

Lex is most definitely an idiot.

However, calling Buff an idiot is an insult to idiots :)

TheDave
03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
I know we are all Bronco fans and we tend to think this is the greatest team EVER and how could anyone not want to play here... BUT...

Consider this, EVERY team in the nfl would offer Cutler a better defense. I agree that no other team has our combination of Offensive line and skill players, but atleast he wouldn't have to score 30 every game just to have a chance at winning.

Rock Chalk
03-25-2009, 03:58 PM
I know we are all Bronco fans and we tend to think this is the greatest team EVER and how could anyone not want to play here... BUT...

Consider this, EVERY team in the nfl would offer Cutler a better defense. I agree that no other team has our combination of Offensive line and skill players, but atleast he wouldn't have to score 30 every game just to have a chance at winning.

Tell that to Rams fans :) They set records for futility.

2KBack
03-25-2009, 04:00 PM

Yeah but I think Jay wants to throw a lot and score a lot of points. I'm sure he wants to win as well, but if he wants to be a statistical super man, Denver is his best bet. (among teams he would potentially play for of course).

TheDave
03-25-2009, 04:02 PM

You might be right... but gawddamn I have just never experienced anything as pathetic as our Dwas the last 2 seasons. I remmber a buddy of mine and I actually caught ourselves chearring whenever they stopped a team from scoring. Nevermind the fact that they usually drove 80 yards down the field, chewed up 10 minutes on the clock, and simply missed the field goal... we were usually jumping around like we just won the ****ing superbowl.

TheDave
03-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah but I think Jay wants to throw a lot and score a lot of points. I'm sure he wants to win as well, but if he wants to be a statistical super man, Denver is his best bet. (among teams he would potentially play for of course).

I agree we are his best chance for that... and in the long run I think he will realize that as well. I just think sometimes our fans forget just how pathetic we were on D and how frustrating that must of been for the offense.

2KBack
03-25-2009, 04:13 PM
I agree we are his best chance for that... and in the long run I think he will realize that as well. I just think sometimes our fans forget just how pathetic we were on D and how frustrating that must of been for the offense.

I'm sure it was. I still cannot fathom how shanahan was willing to let Slowik have another go at it. It bordered on comedy, even when they stumbled on to a formation that worked, they would turn around and change it back to being ****ty. My friends and I could watch games and actually predict how teams were going to convert the 3rd downs. Not that it's hard to repeat 7 yard out over and over again.

Still, I would hope Cutler sees that type of Defensive staff that has been assembled and know that the D may not be good, but at least there are minds to keep it from being an abomination.

SportinOne
03-25-2009, 04:13 PM

Just because he was, at times, a "statistical superman" last year doesn't mean that he wants that more than winning or even at all.

Rock Chalk
03-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Just because he was, at times, a "statistical superman" last year doesn't mean that he wants that more than winning or even at all.

Well he did choose to go to Vandy so winning doesnt appear to be a top priority for him :)

2KBack
03-25-2009, 04:19 PM

I said I'm sure he wants to win, did you actually read my post?

Rohirrim
03-25-2009, 04:31 PM

Meanwhile, they couldn't touch Cutler if they wanted to because they're trapped under Bulger's contract. Talk about futility. :rofl:

2KBack
03-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Meanwhile, they couldn't touch Cutler if they wanted to because they're trapped under Bulger's contract. Talk about futility. :rofl:

they can't get rid of Bulger! you don't get rid of 2-time probowl franchise QB's that throw for 4000 yards with bad defenses!!

Popps
03-25-2009, 05:46 PM
they can't get rid of Bulger! you don't get rid of 2-time probowl franchise QB's that throw for 4000 yards with bad defenses!!

Ouch.

Rock Chalk
03-25-2009, 07:58 PM

Eh, that probably wont sit over well around here :)

Inkana7
03-25-2009, 08:02 PM

This post > the world.

Rock Chalk
03-25-2009, 08:04 PM

Just want to make sure everyone reads it.

BroncoMan4ever
03-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Detroit and Cleveland, for instance........he'd be much happier in Denver with a coach he doesn't like.
Be careful what you wish for. ;D

i agree especially since i don't think McDaniels will be here his full contract and if he is he won't be re-signed, so Jay can remain the man here.

Circle Orange
03-25-2009, 08:50 PM

Have you seen the Rams defense? It's even painful from the grandstands. :)

TheDave
03-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Have you seen the Rams defense? It's even painful from the grandstands. :)

Actually I did... Might be because i am more emotionally invested in the Broncos, But I have never seen a more pathetic defense i'm my life.

Br0nc0Buster
03-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Our defense was definitely worse than the Rams

The Rams have at least young building blocks to work with in Atogwe, Bartell, Long, and Carriker(maybe)

As far as our building blocks......yeah DJ and Elvis
And Elvis is only a rotational player

The Rams D sucked, but not as bad as ours

tsiguy96
03-25-2009, 09:49 PM
st louis rams had twice as many interceptions and FF as we did. that means they atleast have potential to turn the ball over, if they can get some stops once in awhile, theyll be good.