PDA

View Full Version : Giggles: Kiper's take on Cutler 3/25

Pseudofool
03-25-2009, 02:25 PM
I can't even follow this wayward paragraph.

Darren (Chicago,IL) [via mobile]: Mel, please tell me why the Bears are not doing everything in their power to get Jay Cutler?

SportsNation Mel Kiper: Well, everybody in the NFL wasn't sky high on Cutler when he came out. I thought he would be a good QB when he came out, not great. And he's not great right now.He's a good QB. I don't think he was overhyped at Vanderbilt, but during the draft process he was. He's been a good QB. I said in my reports that he would be a good QB in the NFL. Right now, the jury is still out on that. It depends on how you felt when he came out, as to how you feel now. I personally think he could have handled this Broncos soap opera. I'll say this in defense of Cutler, if you're Denver, I could see how they wanted to trade for Matt Cassell. But once that doesn't happen, I don't think you can upgrade the position in any way. So, you keep him. He's under contract. This should have been worked out a long time ago. They should have met behind closed doors immediately. Keep both parties in the same room. Nothing leaked out to the media. Either you're moving on with Jay Cutler or you're not.

SportsNation Mel Kiper: You can't let this thing fester and let it become what it's become.

no-pseudo-fan
03-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Why do you like ice cream?

I have been in this business for 20 years and I am never wrong. If I might seem to be wrong I will go off and prove that I am right. What was the question again?

Popps
03-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Another guy who thinks Cutler handled this poorly... and another messenger who we'll shoot.

FireFly
03-25-2009, 02:41 PM
He just can't admit that he's no good as a draft analyst! This is like gold for him because he's able to, in part, back up his posistion of not being high on Cutler out of the draft.

I don't really care about his views regarding the current fiasco, this to me is just him trying to cover up something that has obviously been a pain in his side ever since that draft!

Rashomon
03-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Another guy who thinks Cutler handled this poorly... and another messenger who we'll shoot.

I think you should read his quote again. It sounds to me like he is saying the Denver FO messed up the situation.

Pony Boy
03-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Wow! There's a "News Flash"

Sprout
03-25-2009, 02:50 PM
It depends on how you felt when he came out, as to how you feel now.

He apparently has a modicum of self-awareness.

telluride
03-25-2009, 02:51 PM
That response was really all over the map.

Nonetheless, the conventional wisdom (in the press at least) is hardening, and cutler's not going to come out well. Somehow, he managed to turn his public reputation from young, still-developing gunslinger with the potential for greatness to that of an immature, stubborn, overrated QB.

Well done, Jay and Bus Cook!

Hercules Rockefeller
03-25-2009, 02:58 PM

Mel's gets shot because he had 0 objectivity when it came to Cutler even before this situation.

You want to talk about someone who has handled something poorly? That would be Mel Kiper who basically said leading up to the draft that anyone who had Jay as a 1st round pick was an idiot (Mayock had him as his #1 overall prospect).

lex
03-25-2009, 03:04 PM
...and Darren is still waiting for an answer to his question. Im sure its enjoyable to see Mel wrestle with his demons but, Im sure he is still wondering why Chicago isnt trying to upgrade by going after Cutler, regardless of whether he's good or great.

TheDave
03-25-2009, 03:09 PM
That response was really all over the map.

Nonetheless, the conventional wisdom (in the press at least) is hardening, and cutler's not going to come out well. Somehow, he managed to turn his public reputation from young, still-developing gunslinger with the potential for greatness to that of an immature, stubborn, overrated QB.

Well done, Jay and Bus Cook!

Actually, that's only on the mane.

Everywhere else he is still looked upon as a young, still developing gunslinger with the potential for greatness.

cutthemdown
03-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Both sides could have handled it better but that is beside the point IMO.

At this point it's time to settle this circus and get to work.

I hear Scheff is working out with team, so one person has gotten over the trade talk.

lex
03-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Both sides could have handled it better but that is beside the point IMO.

At this point it's time to settle this circus and get to work.

I hear Scheff is working out with team, so one person has gotten over the trade talk.

Everything you just said is beside the point. Kiper is so fixated on badmouthing Cutler that he's not even able to answer someones question at the mere mention of Cutlers name. This is more about Kiper than Cutler.

socalorado
03-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Mel's gets shot because he had 0 objectivity when it came to Cutler even before this situation.

You want to talk about someone who has handled something poorly? That would be Mel Kiper who basically said leading up to the draft that anyone who had Jay as a 1st round pick was an idiot (Mayock had him as his #1 overall prospect).

Mayock
Jaws
Hodge
And a # of other analysts i cant remember offhand.
ONLY! Mel "d1ckhead, i am never wrong" kiper had him waaay down below his favorite baby of Leinart and even Young.
Kiper is and always will forever be a D!CKHEAD.

barryr
03-25-2009, 03:17 PM
I stated from the beginning, in the end, Cutler is the one that will look the worst, especially if a trade has to be done to satisfy him. And that will cost him a lot of money when next contract comes up. People have long memories in this business.

BroncoInferno
03-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Actually, I've got to go with the "Kiper is an idiot" crowd here. He is hemming and hawing as if this situation somehow vindicates his long standing position on Cutler. Never mind the fact that the two guys Kiper insisted were better than Jay, Young and Leinart, are light years behind him at this point.

DenverBrit
03-25-2009, 03:28 PM
Everything I just said is beside the point. I'm so fixated on badmouthing McDaniel that I'm not even able to answer someones question at the mere mention of McDaniel's name. This is more about ME than McDaniel.

Fixed!

Now your rant makes sense.

Pseudofool
03-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Fixed!

Now your rant makes sense.

rep :spit:

Archer81
03-25-2009, 03:38 PM
So Kiper says Jay isnt great, but good. Then in the same paragraph says hes good, but the jury's out on that? Can the man STAY with a thought?

:Broncos:

Los Broncos
03-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Kiper cant even stay on course when someone asks him a question about Jay, its funny.

DrFate
03-25-2009, 04:39 PM

Bingo - Kiper slams anybody who makes him look bad. He said Cutler wasn't nearly the player that Leinart and Young would be. And that comparison hasn't been close.

He has no objectivity.

OBF1
03-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Kiper would bust off 2K in our system :thumbs:

eddie mac
03-25-2009, 04:49 PM
This info is worthless because.

Kiper still cant evaluate Cutler properly after 3 seasons.

Kiper knows **** all about the current situation with McDaniels and Cutler.

Kiper never admits he was wrong about underrating or overrating a prospect.

Another know-nothing **** and guess who he works for.

I'd rather hear Homer Simpson's take on JC.

Atwater His Ass
03-25-2009, 04:50 PM
2nd year as a starter, 4,500 yards, 25 TDs, 62% comp percentage, and a Pro Bowl, with a defense that couldn't stop Mary Poppins. Yeah, nothing to see here, move along, he's just an average QB. Yep.

BroncoBuff
03-25-2009, 05:35 PM
I can't even follow this wayward paragraph.

No kidding .... what does this quote even mean?

SportsNation Mel Kiper: .... "I personally think he could have handled this Broncos soap opera."

That's where it ends? ???

BroncoBuff
03-25-2009, 05:35 PM
He DEFENDED Cutler, knothead!

Besides, adding Mel-freaing-Kiper to this fictional "list" of anti-Cutler people is pretty ridiculous by itself :~ohyah!:

Circle Orange
03-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Everyone isn't obligated to gush at the mention of Cutler, nor any other player. Different opinions can bring new insight.

On the one extreme, you have people sounding like Jay's unique because he has a strong arm, and the league has NEVER seen that before.

On the other extreme, you have the 'unnamed sources' and crackpot fans who say Cutler should be run out of town for being a punk, or he drinks.

Offseason = Outpatients running free

Taco John
03-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Mayock > Kiper

WABronco
03-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Everyone isn't obligated to gush at the mention of Cutler, nor any other player. Different opinions can bring new insight.

Well said.

Not that it's that important, but I'm willing to bet that the majority of people here didn't give two ****s about what Mayock had to say either until Cutler came around, and we ended up drafting him.

Kiper is good for the draft, and he's part of the show. He's also pretty damn good at outlining a given player in the alotted time.

KIPER RELISHES YOUR VENOM, IT MAKES HIM TALK EVEN FASTER.

That chat is funny though...apparently he types just like he talks.