PDA

View Full Version : OT: How many wins for the Rockies this season?

montrose
03-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Now that the "distraction" of Matt Holiday has been rid by our heroes Dan O'Dowd, Charlie Monfort and Richard Monfort: how many wins do you forecast for the Rockies this season?

Mogulseeker
03-25-2009, 12:43 PM

Wait... how many games do they play in baseball?

Didn't the season just end, and it's already starting again?

Goodness, what a boring, long-drawn-out, weak sport.

SureShot
03-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Can we please trade the Rockies for another Lombardi?

DomCasual
03-25-2009, 12:45 PM
I think high 70's.

Losing Holliday is going to hurt. But:

1) Tulo won't have a year like last year;
2) Ubaldo is going to be better early than he was last year early;
3) Cook will have a similar year as he did last year;
4) The young pitchers - especially hopefully Morales - will contribute more than they did last year (which was pretty much not at all);
5) The bullpen will be good;
6) We'll hit better than we did last year - less power, but better average (see ya, Willy T!).

If everything goes well, I think we could be in the 85-90 win range. If everything goes bad, it could be 60-65.

montrose
03-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Can we please trade the Rockies for another Lombardi?

Anytime you get down about the Broncos, just remember that at least they actually want to win. Yeah, the team may make mistakes at going about it, but at least they're trying. The Rockies could care less, they're marching out a cheap-payroll team that practically gave away a perennial MVP candidate who was home grown. As long as Coors Field get packed with Cubs and Dodgers fans keeping the Monfort's in the black, they've got no issue keeping real fans that want a winner in the dark.

SureShot
03-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Anytime you get down about the Broncos, just remember that at least they actually want to win. Yeah, the team may make mistakes at going about it, but at least they're trying. The Rockies could care less, they're marching out a cheap-payroll team that practically gave away a perennial MVP candidate who was home grown. As long as Coors Field get packed with Cubs and Dodgers fans keeping the Monfort's in the black, they've got no issue keeping real fans that want a winner in the dark.

I agree so why waste server space about a junk franchise?

Mogulseeker
03-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Frankly, I'm glad our baseball team sucks. It means that the fans will focus more energy on a real team, like the Broncos, and the currently-down Avalanche. (I'm starting to come around on the Nuggets, mainly because I like Billups.)

I might have seen three baseball games in my life. Anything that gets cancelled due to rain, and has players who couldn't run a mile to save their life, isn't worth watching.

Popcorn Sutton
03-25-2009, 12:55 PM

broncswin
03-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Frankly, I'm glad our baseball team sucks. It means that the fans will focus more energy on a real team, like the Broncos, and the currently-down Avalanche. (I'm starting to come around on the Nuggets, mainly because I like Billups.)

I might have seen three baseball games in my life. Anything that gets cancelled due to rain, and has players who couldn't run a mile to save their life, isn't worth watching.

This is the mindset for most people who can't understand, let alone play the game of baseball:wave:

broncswin
03-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Oh ya, I think the Rocks will win 80 games this season and challenge in the west till late August.

Breck Bronc
03-25-2009, 01:24 PM

I might have seen three baseball games in my life. Anything that gets cancelled due to rain, and has players who couldn't run a mile to save their life, isn't worth watching.http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/andresmith1.jpg

This man, Andre Smith, is going to be drafted in the first round next month.

I'd wager that a higher percentage of MLB players can run a mile without stopping than NFL players.

DomCasual
03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/andresmith1.jpg

I'd wager that a higher percentage of MLB players can run a mile without stopping than NFL players.

Oh, that's just wrong.

BroncoMan4ever
03-25-2009, 02:43 PM
i am not expecting a very good season at all. Holliday will be missed. Francis is gone for at least the majority of the season if not the whole season and will Tulo get past his slump of last year.

plus the Monforts suck

Karenin
03-25-2009, 03:00 PM
players who couldn't run a mile to save their life, isn't worth watching.

It's always funny when 300 lb message board pros say this kind of stuff about professional athletes, when they themselves likely couldn't run around the block without dying of a heart attack. Perspective, people....

Rock Chalk
03-25-2009, 03:05 PM

That aint right man, not right at all.

SouthStndJunkie
03-25-2009, 03:15 PM

If I were his agent, I would have suggested that he keep his shirt on during the workout.

SouthStndJunkie
03-25-2009, 03:16 PM
2009 Colorado Rockies record: 75-87

Rock Chalk
03-25-2009, 03:18 PM
32-130.

DHallblows
03-25-2009, 04:16 PM
How many games are in a season in that worthless "sport"? Double of Hockey, right???

Hogan11
03-25-2009, 04:18 PM
How many games are in a season in that worthless "sport"? Double of Hockey, right???

Worthless sport? We're not talkin' basketball here...........

DHallblows
03-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Worthless sport? We're not talkin' basketball here...........
I'm not disagreeing ;D, but at least there's contact in that one...
But seriously, how many games in a season???I wanna vote!

Hogan11
03-25-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm not disagreeing ;D, but at least there's contact in that one...
But seriously, how many games in a season???I wanna vote!

The Rox had their chance a couple of years ago...this year's version of the Tampa Bay Rays are coming out of Pittsburgh :thumbsup: ;D

BroncoMan4ever
03-25-2009, 07:20 PM

The Rox had their chance a couple of years ago...this year's version of the Tampa Bay Rays are coming out of Pittsburgh :thumbsup: ;D

idk man, i'd honestly have more faith in the Cubs winning it all than i do the Pirates.

Breck Bronc
03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Worthless sport? We're not talkin' basketball here...........Amen. Give me football, hockey and baseball and I'm happy. I haven't watched one second of that tournament on CBS.

UberBroncoMan
03-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Gona be optimistic and say 80-90 even though I think the organization are owned by a bunch of cheap ****s.

Seriously... Holliday and Fuentes gone. Fuentes I can maybe understand him wanting to go but you don't let your ****ing MVP go. Cheap ass owners.

WABronco
03-25-2009, 08:28 PM

Sweet jesus that is repulsive.

24champ
03-26-2009, 12:36 AM
Diamondbacks
Dodgers
Giants
Rockies
Padres

That's how the NL West will shake out. How many wins a team gets is worthless, its about winning the division and the Padres are probably the worst team in the NL.

The wild-cards are how the Midgets hit, they have the pitching and also how the Dodgers pitch, I'm not totally sold on their rotation outside of Kuroda, Kershaw, and C-Bill. Bullpen should be strong, but I hope the Ox aka Broxton steps up to close out games, he isn't a sure thing for closing games. We'll miss Saito's presence.

As far as the Rockies go, their rotation doesn't scare anyone. Losing Francis really hurt an already so so rotation. It'll be fun watching Manny light 'em up.:strong:

BroncoMan4ever
03-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Diamondbacks
Dodgers
Giants
Rockies
Padres

That's how the NL West will shake out. How many wins a team gets is worthless, its about winning the division and the Padres are probably the worst team in the NL.

The wild-cards are how the Midgets hit, they have the pitching and also how the Dodgers pitch, I'm not totally sold on their rotation outside of Kuroda, Kershaw, and C-Bill. Bullpen should be strong, but I hope the Ox aka Broxton steps up to close out games, he isn't a sure thing for closing games. We'll miss Saito's presence.

As far as the Rockies go, their rotation doesn't scare anyone. Losing Francis really hurt an already so so rotation. It'll be fun watching Manny light 'em up.:strong:

not only that, but last season he wasn't really lighting teams up. he isn't that imposing of a pitcher. he is good when he is on, but he isn't going to scare anyone

24champ
03-26-2009, 02:30 AM
not only that, but last season he wasn't really lighting teams up. he isn't that imposing of a pitcher. he is good when he is on, but he isn't going to scare anyone

There is a reason for that, he battled shoulder problems last season. The same shoulder he got surgery on.

When healthy, he CAN carry a team.