PDA

View Full Version : "The Player"

garandman
03-25-2009, 12:16 PM
I am sure most of you that have already seen the interview with Josh McDaniels have noticed some of the odd behavior that I have, if not please take another look... It's just plain bizarre IMO

1. The clearing of his throat with a smirk when first asked about Cutler
2. Still contradicting himself regarding cutlers potential trade status "Never" and "all options on the table" were actually used by him.
3. Lastly, what is it with him and using "the quarterback" and "a good player" and of course, "the player" which sounds so freakin' wierd and in a way pathetic. I know he is of the Belicheck school of coaching, but how about being your own guy, when he starts spouting of comments like that which Parcells did when referring to TO, he sounds so phony.

Note to Mcd-Your not Parcells- When he says it, its kinda funny, He is Bill Parcells, when you do, you sound like a idiot wanabee which I think you are.

Sorry, I want to like the guy, but I see why Jay feels the way he does...

Flame away, I guess

Inkana7
03-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Wow. I've been able to withstand all of the stupid threads the Mane has had the past month, but this one is just ****ing ridiculous.

Seriously? It's come to being an armchair psychologist?

WABronco
03-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Coach is a big jerk, I've been telling you guys that for ages!

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Cutler is receptive to talking personally with McDaniels.

"One thing I want to do and continually want to do is meet with the player," McDaniels said Tuesday morning. "I want to meet with the player by myself. I want to meet with the player one on one. I think that's the best way to fix any kind of issue."

It was brought up to McDaniels that he kept referring to Cutler as "the player" and not by name. The impersonal reference was believed to have been carried down from Bill Parcells to Bill Belichick to his assistants, including McDaniels.

"He's our quarterback," McDaniels said. "And I'm not calling him just the player. I'll call him Jay Cutler if you want me to."

/thread

WABronco
03-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Pshhh he's just being smug!

/continue thread

broncofan2438
03-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Well, you are always going to find pits and pieces from an interview that you don't agree with. IMO, at least he is showing his face and trying to talk to the media about the situation. It was a f'd up situation, its not just going to go away without anyone making a big deal about it.

Beantown Bronco
03-25-2009, 12:25 PM
The poster is an idiot.

Man-Goblin
03-25-2009, 12:27 PM
http://teamsugar.com/group/82779/blog/1581027

Ten Ways To Tell If He's A Player....(humor)

You Know He's A Player By The Fact That?

1)He's seen with numerous women ...ALL the time! (this is a dead give away)

2)He wears shades in doors..... (eyes are the windows to the soul. He doesn't want you there!) Think:Diddy

3)He never goofs in public (every player has to be cool, just in case the next booty comes along). Think: Jay-z and Beyonce . like it or not Jay is still with Rihanna!

4)He hangs with a posse consisting of 4-6 male buddies. (Just to warn him if another chick is checking him out) Okay this is any rapper

5)He has groupies (any guy can have groupies...especially if he can put it down)

6)He's wearing a strong amount of cologne..(if he has a woman, she will tell his butt not to wear too much)

7)He has a very strong swagger! (a strut means he's looking for the next victim)

8)He never return a phone call after intimacy....(he got what he wanted, now it's time to bounce)

9) you're snarled at by other women when you're seen with him (no body's ex likes to see them move on...) Think: 50 and Ciara Baby mama's are no joke!

10) He's never seen with the same woman & if they are together, it doesn't last long! (okay, this is stupid! You know he's cheating on her. Why wouldn't he do it to you?) Think:Diddy and Kim Porter

What are some of your ways of spotting a player???

Rohirrim
03-25-2009, 12:28 PM
We need to change the name of this board from The Orange Mane, to The View.

Let's get Whoopie's input.

Pony Boy
03-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Come on Mike ! Did you post this?

ant1999e
03-25-2009, 12:38 PM
I can't believe that outfit he was wearing. So last winter.

hambone13
03-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Wow. I've been able to withstand all of the stupid threads the Mane has had the past month, but this one is just ****ing ridiculous.

Ink, the OP just doesn't know Josh's "faces & voices" yet. Help me, Help him.....However, I will go so far as to say, he comes off as being a lot more effectively smug than Jay does Hilarious!

HEAV
03-25-2009, 12:56 PM
150 posts in 6 years? I can divide
That's 25 posts every year, let's say 7 of those where threads
Let's say 5 of them where shear dread
One was - AHHH, the other was "Ill"
That's a one hot post every 6 year average
And that's so - LAAAAAAAME!:clown:

HEAV
03-25-2009, 01:00 PM
We need to change the name of this board from The Orange Mane, to The View.

Let's get Whoopie's input.

TJ = Joy Behar

Socal = Elisabeth Hasselbeck

:~ohyah!:

Popps
03-25-2009, 01:03 PM
I am sure most of you that have already seen the interview with Josh McDaniels have noticed some of the odd behavior that I have, if not please take another look... It's just plain bizarre IMO

1. The clearing of his throat with a smirk when first asked about Cutler
2. Still contradicting himself regarding cutlers potential trade status "Never" and "all options on the table" were actually used by him.
3. Lastly, what is it with him and using "the quarterback" and "a good player" and of course, "the player" which sounds so freakin' wierd and in a way pathetic. I know he is of the Belicheck school of coaching, but how about being your own guy, when he starts spouting of comments like that which Parcells did when referring to TO, he sounds so phony.

Note to Mcd-Your not Parcells- When he says it, its kinda funny, He is Bill Parcells, when you do, you sound like a idiot wanabee which I think you are.

Sorry, I want to like the guy, but I see why Jay feels the way he does...

Flame away, I guess

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/photos/tx_jaycutler3.jpg

Popps
03-25-2009, 01:04 PM

It's a new level of idiocy.

The "body language police" are taking over.

These are the same people who gave us **** when we asked why Cutler hangs his head and mopes around on the field.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-25-2009, 01:08 PM
http://shawn-knight.net/photos/truckoffail.jpg

crush17
03-25-2009, 01:11 PM
It's a new level of idiocy.

The "body language police" are taking over.

These are the same people who gave us **** when we asked why Cutler hangs his head and mopes around on the field.

:spit: seriously man, can we just blow up this entire board and start over?

garandman
03-25-2009, 01:11 PM
I guess it lonely in here with "The Player" opinion. It's ok, the next time I will post, I will be with my agent... This is bull****! LOL

manchambo
03-25-2009, 01:34 PM
I guess it lonely in here with "The Player" opinion. It's ok, the next time I will post, I will be with my agent... This is bull****! LOL

You're not. It's just a lot easier to make statements without any truth content than to actually respond to and comment on the actions and apparent attitude of this young man.

And there is a lot more evidence, beyond his silly interview, to lead one to question whether this person's attitutde and demeanor are suited for the job:

He gets rid of our long-snapper, who has not screwed up a snap in recent memory, to sign "his" lon-snapper to a long-term contract.

He is strongly recommended by the owner to keep the offensive coordinator who presided over the 2nd ranked offense in the league last year (and the one the QB wants). He declines, to bring in his guy.

He decides that Sheffler doesn't fit in his system and decides to bring in his guy, an inferior clone of Sheffler in the form of Jeb Putzier.

Rumor has it he wants to trade Peyton Hillis, who is not his guy and maybe doesn't fit in his system, but only played like a stud and did everything asked of him (on a cheap contract) last year.

Oh, and of course he decides that he should trade his pro bowl QB to bring in, you guessed it, HIS GUY.

There couldn't be any pattern here, could there? This doesn't seem a bit like an ego maniac who is more intent on getting a sufficient number of cronies in place, does it?

And now he gives an interview channeling the spirit of Parcels, or Bellicheck, or both. And we shouldn't think anything about that or comment on it.

But we should analyze Cutler's psyche and make half-witted pronouncements about him being a baby.

Wake up Bronco Nation! Decent to good teams are not our birthright. It is possible to destroy the team on a Matt Millen scale. What evidence has McNapoleon given you that he won't do that?

Beantown Bronco
03-25-2009, 01:35 PM
:spit: seriously man, can we just blow up this entire board and start over?

Any chance the server is in Fargo.....

garandman
03-25-2009, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=manchambo;2352181]You're not. It's just a lot easier to make statements without any truth content than to actually respond to and comment on the actions and apparent attitude of this young man.

And there is a lot more evidence, beyond his silly interview, to lead one to question whether this person's attitutde and demeanor are suited for the job:

He gets rid of our long-snapper, who has not screwed up a snap in recent memory, to sign "his" lon-snapper to a long-term contract.

He is strongly recommended by the owner to keep the offensive coordinator who presided over the 2nd ranked offense in the league last year (and the one the QB wants). He declines, to bring in his guy.

He decides that Sheffler doesn't fit in his system and decides to bring in his guy, an inferior clone of Sheffler in the form of Jeb Putzier.

Rumor has it he wants to trade Peyton Hillis, who is not his guy and maybe doesn't fit in his system, but only played like a stud and did everything asked of him (on a cheap contract) last year.

Oh, and of course he decides that he should trade his pro bowl QB to bring in, you guessed it, HIS GUY.

There couldn't be any pattern here, could there? This doesn't seem a bit like an ego maniac who is more intent on getting a sufficient number of cronies in place, does it?

And now he gives an interview channeling the spirit of Parcels, or Bellicheck, or both. And we shouldn't think anything about that or comment on it.

But we should analyze Cutler's psyche and make half-witted pronouncements about him being a baby.

Wake up Bronco Nation! Decent to good teams are not our birthright. It is possible to destroy the team on a Matt Millen scale. What evidence has McNapoleon given you that he won't do that?[/QUOTE

:thumbs:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-25-2009, 01:50 PM
You're not. It's just a lot easier to make statements without any truth content than to actually respond to and comment on the actions and apparent attitude of this young man.

Wake up Bronco Nation! Decent to good teams are not our birthright. It is possible to destroy the team on a Matt Millen scale. What evidence has McNapoleon given you that he won't do that?

I've never seen or heard of a more fitting avatar than yours.

manchambo
03-25-2009, 02:59 PM
I've never seen or heard of a more fitting avatar than yours.

I never realized that President Hussein disliked McDaniels.

WABronco
03-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Of course he doesn't, or ummm wouldn't have. McDaniels is an American.

ARE YOU?!>!?

IF YOU HATE MCDANIELS YOU HATE AMERICA!

manchambo
03-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Of course he doesn't, or ummm wouldn't have. McDaniels is an American.

ARE YOU?!>!?

IF YOU HATE MCDANIELS YOU HATE AMERICA!

Actually, now that I think about it, Hussein would probably admire McDespot in several respects.

BMarsh615
03-25-2009, 09:24 PM
150 posts in 6 years? I can divide
That's 25 posts every year, let's say 7 of those where threads
Let's say 5 of them where shear dread
One was - AHHH, the other was "Ill"
That's a one hot post every 6 year average
And that's so - LAAAAAAAME!:clown:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FAnGnevKxJE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FAnGnevKxJE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You better hope he doesn't come back with Ether.:thumbs: