PDA

View Full Version : Armstrong: Ticket sales say plenty about Jay

HEAV
03-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Now for something we don't have to wonder about: The impact of the Cutler-McDaniels spat on the Broncos' bottom line. Incredible as it seems, given the height of the anxiety between the two and the depths of the economy, the Broncos haven't taken an economic hit.

This remains first, foremost and everywhere in between, a Broncos town. It must be. How else do we explain the Broncos wrapping up their season-ticket drive and feeling no effects from hard times among their fan base or hard feelings between their coach and quarterback?

"We're solid," said Kirk Dyer, the Broncos' executive director of ticket operations and administration. "We're tracking right where we've been every other year. We're very pleased. We haven't felt the impact as far as renewals go, not at all."

They're right where they've been every other year. According to Dyer, that's a high 90 percent renewal rate. Oh, and did I mention that 34,000 names remain on the season-ticket waiting list? Even the Broncos wondered about that number, since, according to Dyer, they reconfirmed its viability a couple of years ago.

The moral to the story? Given all those tickets readily available via Craigslist, The Post's classifieds or a knock on a neighbor's door, attendance no longer is mandatory at Invesco Field. But don't kid yourself. The Broncos remain high atop the sports food chain in Denver.

If you're Cutler and you're reading this, there's only one logical conclusion to draw: You need the Broncos a lot more than they need you.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11981144

bronco militia
03-24-2009, 10:16 AM
FYI...season ticket holders are not required to make a payment until the end of May 2009.

worm
03-24-2009, 10:21 AM
If you're Cutler and you're reading this, there's only one logical conclusion to draw: You need the Broncos a lot more than they need you.

Righhhhhhhtttttttttttttttt.

DB Doom
03-24-2009, 10:42 AM

that doesn't make any sense at all.

dumpy
03-24-2009, 10:43 AM
FYI...season ticket holders are not required to make a payment until the end of May 2009.

Really? I had to make a payment on March 3.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Really? I had to make a payment on March 3.

Yeah, thought at least some of the tickets had to be paid off by now.

Clark
03-24-2009, 10:56 AM

FYI....If you are a season ticket holder. you're delinquent on your first payment.

Popps
03-24-2009, 10:58 AM
The limp-legged whiney bitches on this board are not a true representation of the fan-base. Cutler can stay or go, and you'll still see the stadium packed.

The games will sell out and if they DON'T, it's not because of Jay Cutler, it's because of this little issue called a recession.

But, looks like there won't be many empty seats. Props to the best fans in football.

bronco militia
03-24-2009, 11:00 AM
you have to make a payment by March 3rd if you want to have a chance at improving your seats. The Broncos will not release your seats until after the May deadline.

even if times are tough, the Broncos ticket office willl allow you to stretch things out over the summer.

Just make sure you keep in contact with them.

bottom line, Jim Armstrong is way premature in his assessment.

scttgrd
03-24-2009, 11:04 AM
I thought there were a couple of guys on here who jumped 2-3000 spots on the waiting list because people were giving them up?

~Crash~
03-24-2009, 11:06 AM
The limp-legged whiney b****es on this board are not a true representation of the fan-base. Cutler can stay or go, and you'll still see the stadium packed.

The games will sell out and if they DON'T, it's not because of Jay Cutler, it's because of this little issue called a recession.

But, looks like there won't be many empty seats. Props to the best fans in football.

All that sounds great ....but then that pesky little thing call Win's and losses will start to weigh in . if you are trying to find offenses that means less spent on the real problem . but you guys that want to run all the none problems out of town got a great plan .:welcome:

lifeafter elway
03-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Cutler can stay or go, and you'll still see the stadium packed.

I don't agree with everything you say, as I think both sides look equally bad in this. But to this :thumbsup:, stay or go - I was a bronco fan before and after Cutler.

Beantown Bronco
03-24-2009, 11:12 AM
I thought there were a couple of guys on here who jumped 2-3000 spots on the waiting list because people were giving them up?

The article said "high 90 percent renewal rate"; not 100% renewal rate.

HEAV
03-24-2009, 11:20 AM
The article said "high 90 percent renewal rate"; not 100% renewal rate.

Yup and with a deep waiting list the seats will sell. No matter who is coaching or playing QB.

worm
03-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Yup and with a deep waiting list the seats will sell. No matter who is coaching or playing QB.

Except those club seats.

RMT
03-24-2009, 11:54 AM
34,000 names on the season ticket waiting list?

that number seems AWFULLY high given the team's recent mediocrity and the economic difficulties in our country.

Broncoman13
03-24-2009, 12:07 PM
The limp-legged whiney b****es on this board are not a true representation of the fan-base. Cutler can stay or go, and you'll still see the stadium packed.

You mean like last year?

RodInCanton
03-24-2009, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=Popps;2350329]The limp-legged whiney b****es on this board are not a true representation of the fan-base. QUOTE]

Classy. I only hope to be a great fan like you one day so I can sit in judgment of everybody else...

Circle Orange
03-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Oceans of orange be not reliant on a legend wannabe. Thus it was, and so shall it be.

Popps
03-24-2009, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=Popps;2350329]The limp-legged whiney b****es on this board are not a true representation of the fan-base. QUOTE]

Classy. I only hope to be a great fan like you one day so I can sit in judgment of everybody else...

Weird, Rod. I didn't mention your name personally, Rod.

Why did you feel obligated to respond... Rod?

DenverBrit
03-24-2009, 02:57 PM

that number seems AWFULLY high given the team's recent mediocrity and the economic difficulties in our country.

The wait time is estimated at 11-13 years.

bombay
03-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Armstrong is a blithering idiot.

The spin. The drill. Yada yada yad. Boys guys fellas.

Blech.

barryr
03-24-2009, 03:30 PM
I really doubt fans would stay away from the games just because Cutler wasn't the QB. The team has sold out for years no matter who was the QB or the condition of the team.

Popps
03-24-2009, 03:39 PM
I really doubt fans would stay away from the games just because Cutler wasn't the QB. The team has sold out for years no matter who was the QB or the condition of the team.

If you've been a fan of this team for any length of time, you've seen far worse than this.

As I said, the squeaky wheels around here aren't representing the real fan base.

You'll see that on opening day, no matter who is QB.

Kaylore
03-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Love of Broncos > Love of any player or coach.

DBroncos4life
03-24-2009, 03:49 PM
some teams will always sale out. I would be shocked if Nebraska ever had a game that wasn't sold out no matter whats going on with the world.

broncosteven
03-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Love of Broncos > Love of any player or coach.

you forgot to add owner also.

I can't help but love the Franchise. The only way I would turn my back would be if they moved the franchise and changed the name to Titans or some other lame name and changed the jerseys.

Otherwise I can't help myself, it is like still wanting to have sex with your wife after 10 years and 2 kids. You remember when she was a thorough bred...

Don't tell my wife!

lex
03-24-2009, 04:23 PM

The team had a sell out streak that predated its first winning season. The fact that people support the team is not really anything new. Armstrongs really not making a point. Its not as though this means the fans are supporting Bowlen or McDaniels. Its bigger than Bowlen, Cutler, and McDaniels. But Armstrong is a jerkoff, so it really shouldnt be a surprise. I cringe whenever I see him or Kiszla on national tv.

broncosteven
03-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Now for something we don't have to wonder about: The impact of the Cutler-McDaniels spat on the Broncos' bottom line. Incredible as it seems, given the height of the anxiety between the two and the depths of the economy, the Broncos haven't taken an economic hit.

This remains first, foremost and everywhere in between, a Broncos town. It must be. How else do we explain the Broncos wrapping up their season-ticket drive and feeling no effects from hard times among their fan base or hard feelings between their coach and quarterback?

"We're solid," said Kirk Dyer, the Broncos' executive director of ticket operations and administration. "We're tracking right where we've been every other year. We're very pleased. We haven't felt the impact as far as renewals go, not at all."

They're right where they've been every other year. According to Dyer, that's a high 90 percent renewal rate. Oh, and did I mention that 34,000 names remain on the season-ticket waiting list? Even the Broncos wondered about that number, since, according to Dyer, they reconfirmed its viability a couple of years ago.

The moral to the story? Given all those tickets readily available via Craigslist, The Post's classifieds or a knock on a neighbor's door, attendance no longer is mandatory at Invesco Field. But don't kid yourself. The Broncos remain high atop the sports food chain in Denver.

If MickyD starts out 2-6, 1-4, 3-8 I bet there will be more empty seats late this year than any other.

People want winners, they don't care who is winning as long as the team is winning, no winning and they want change. Then they back the new guy even if he never was a HC before...at least until he crashes and burns...

Dagmar
03-24-2009, 05:34 PM

http://www.e-imagesite.com/Files/auv1n88819031296112.gif

Popps is one of this sites better posters. So **** off.

cutthemdown
03-24-2009, 05:43 PM

Not really if you think about it. The Denver/Boulder/Aurora metro area has over 3 million people in it.

cutthemdown
03-24-2009, 05:46 PM
If you've been a fan of this team for any length of time, you've seen far worse than this.

As I said, the squeaky wheels around here aren't representing the real fan base.

You'll see that on opening day, no matter who is QB.

Yep, yep, and yep.

If people think Cutler being a baby is going to make long time Bronco fans flinch you got another thing coming. Screw Cutler and his agent. Everything happens for a reason, if it's Broncos destiny to trade Cutler then so be it. It won't diminish one bit how much I love the Broncos, and how much I support the team.

All it will do is cause me to burn my Cutler jersey and by a new one with the new qbs name on it. I pull for the Broncos, the uniform, and whoever wears it.

Dedhed
03-24-2009, 07:16 PM
no winning and they want change. ...There are more than a few folks here who fly in the face of this theory. No winning for a decade, and they distraught over change.

broncosteven
03-24-2009, 07:32 PM
There are more than a few folks here who fly in the face of this theory. No winning for a decade, and they distraught over change.

AFC championship appearance in 2005. Look at Cards, how many years did they go before success? They still haven't one it all in the last 61 years.