PDA

View Full Version : What if they held a pro day and nobody came?

Gort
03-24-2009, 12:08 AM
if you listen closely, you can hear the crickets.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Headlinin-Can-Nate-Davis-reconsider-this-whole?urn=ncaaf,149836

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts__12/ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-686354042-1237816414.jpg?ymehS_ADrplsYwAf

BroncoDoug
03-24-2009, 01:14 AM
Then would it really be a pro day?

gyldenlove
03-24-2009, 06:04 AM
Even if only one team shows, it is not unlikely that scouts from the shared scouting agencies were there to make a report on him.

theAPAOps5
03-24-2009, 06:08 AM
They said on NFL N last night he was a 2nd round pick going into combine. Then after that and watching tape they foung him to be unathletic and his passing was lacking. I liked him from watching some games. But they showed his vertical jump and I don't think he even touched a bar.

WolfpackGuy
03-24-2009, 06:16 AM
http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/college_impact/2008/10/large_nate-davis.jpg

The laces are there for a reason.

theAPAOps5
03-24-2009, 06:17 AM
I never was a fan of the glove on the throwing hand.

STBumpkin
03-24-2009, 06:19 AM
unathletic and his passing was lacking

Damn, sounds like cassel and brady to me, hope McD doesn't get any bright ideas.

theAPAOps5
03-24-2009, 06:21 AM
Damn, sounds like cassel and brady to me, hope McD doesn't get any bright ideas.

You wouldn't want a Tom Brady? Thats just plain asinine. Davis isn't one of those but don't make yourself look dumb in an attempt to attack McDaniels.

Broncoman13
03-24-2009, 06:29 AM
http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/college_impact/2008/10/large_nate-davis.jpg

The laces are there for a reason.

Ha! I didn't know anyone else threw like that. I can throw with either but I get a much tighter spiral throwing with a seam instead of the laces. His hands don't look that big, but for a person with big hands it's really not that big of a deal.

PRBronco
03-24-2009, 06:30 AM
You wouldn't want a Tom Brady? Thats just plain asinine. Davis isn't one of those but don't make yourself look dumb in an attempt to attack McDaniels.

OMG Apa you're shopping Jay for Tom Brady?? Now he's not reporting. Now he feels betrayed. Now he wont' return your texts!

Kaylore
03-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Well there's one guy I drafted that will likely plummet out of the early rounds and possibly out of the draft. :flush:

theAPAOps5
03-24-2009, 07:59 AM
If you can find the video of his vertical leap test its just emabarrassing. Its like the fat kid in gym class who couldn't jump up to grab the pullup bar to see if he could do the girl pullup, as in hang for as long as possible.

STBumpkin
03-24-2009, 08:05 AM

Tom Brady would be great, but the other 95% of QBs with that build wouldn't. Where's the percentage in picking unathletic stick men to play in the NFL? I'm not attacking McD, but he obviously has a picture in his mind of the kind of QB he wants, and unfortunately this sounds like the type.

For the record, I am one of the few who thinks this Cutler vs. McD thing is overblown and things will be fine. I'm not taking sides because I think they will both be here for the long haul.

theAPAOps5
03-24-2009, 08:11 AM
I should have but a smilie face. As I was giving you ****. I think they can be here for the long haul. Its just convincing Cutler and more importantly Bus Cook that they should unplug their ears and stop stamping their feet.

I thought maybe they should consider Nate Davis actuall, but I watched the NFL N video on him and the scouts takes and think NO WAY.

SouthStndJunkie
03-24-2009, 08:12 AM
His stock has really dropped....I still think he can play in the NFL....but I will say he played about as poorly as a QB can play in the MAC Championship Game and the GMAC Bowl at the end of the season.

Those 2 games really dropped his stock. He fumbled several times and generally looked nothing like the QB that threw for 9233 yards with 74 TDs and only 22 INTs in his college career.

I would have no problem with Denver using a late round pick on Nate Davis.

Breaker
03-24-2009, 09:38 AM
I don't see what the big deal is, when I graduated from college nobody showed up to watch me from any fortune 500 companies :(