PDA

View Full Version : Week 1- Either Cowboys @ Home, or on the Road

coachmastermind
03-23-2009, 09:49 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere... looks like the odds are that if the Broncos open at home week 1 it's against the Cowboys or we open on the road.

(end of article)

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11978386

Season could start with Cowboys.

The Broncos' first request to NFL schedule makers for the 2009 season is to open at home for the first time since 2004. If that request is granted, the Broncos' season-opening opponent on Sept. 13 would be against the Dallas Cowboys.

The primary reason why the Broncos haven't been opening at home is their 2 p.m. MDT kickoff time slot is trumped by NBC's broadcast of the U.S. Open tennis tournament. NBC is the primary network for AFC games. If the Broncos were to open at home, the game would have to be televised by Fox, which means the opponent would have to be an NFC team.

The Broncos have only two NFC teams on their home schedule -- the New York Giants and the Cowboys. The NFL has already scheduled the Giants for Thanksgiving night, leaving the Cowboys as the Broncos' only possible season-opening opponent -- providing they don't again open on the road. The Cowboys have asked to open on the road to give them an extra week to prepare for the opening of their new stadium.

coachmastermind
03-23-2009, 09:51 PM
I think he means that CBS (not NBC) is the home of the US OPEN and AFC Conference games... obviously.

spdirty
03-23-2009, 10:18 PM
I hate the US Open...but what about Sunday night or the first Monday night game?

coachmastermind
03-23-2009, 10:30 PM
I hate the US Open...but what about Sunday night or the first Monday night game?

For Week 1? Those games were already announced today...

Bears @ Packers for the Sunday Nighter

and a Double Header on Monday Night
Bills @ Patiots and
Chargers @ Raiders

So we know for sure it'll be a Sunday afternoon game, either on the road... or home against the Cowboys I guess.

spdirty
03-23-2009, 10:55 PM
For Week 1? Those games were already announced today...

Bears @ Packers for the Sunday Nighter

and a Double Header on Monday Night
Bills @ Patiots and
Chargers @ Raiders

So we know for sure it'll be a Sunday afternoon game, either on the road... or home against the Cowboys I guess.

didnt know they were announced. yeah I bet we play the cowboys week 1.

HEAV
03-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Great we play on Turkey night...again...

TheChamp24
03-23-2009, 11:10 PM
It is absolutely ridiculous we have opened up on the road for 4 straight years.
And only twice in the past 7 years dating back to 2002.

Archer81
03-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Not surprised if we make it 5 straight seasons opening on the road.

:Broncos:

broncofan2438
03-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Bring em on

Beantown Bronco
03-24-2009, 06:28 AM
The Cowboys have asked to open on the road to give them an extra week to prepare for the opening of their new stadium.

Huh?

Unless they're somehow playing all of them on the road, there are 2 preseason games which they'll have to be ready for.

PaintballCLE
03-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Huh?

Unless they're somehow playing all of them on the road, there are 2 preseason games which they'll have to be ready for.

they share parking lots with the baseball stadium..............and the rangers are in town that weekend so thats why they have to play away......not because the stadium isn't ready

Breaker
03-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Great we play on Turkey night...again...

But this time we get a home game!!!

Beantown Bronco
03-24-2009, 10:01 AM
they share parking lots with the baseball stadium..............and the rangers are in town that weekend so thats why they have to play away......not because the stadium isn't ready

See, now that makes sense. Idiot DP writers.....