PDA

View Full Version : More rules to help the passing game, yet McKay wonders why the OT is ending...

lex
03-23-2009, 05:24 PM
in one possession. I heard him on the radio this morning kvetching about how the OT is starting to end in one possession with greater frequency. Meanwhile, he also has been complaining about the "dirty" hit by Pollard that put Brady on IR. Theyre actually forbidding defensive players who are on the ground from going for the legs. WTF. Theyre also cracking down on hitting WRs.

McKay needs to realize the reason the OTs are ending on one possession with greater regularity (over the past 6 years), is because he has made it incredibly easy on the QBs.

watermock
03-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Why don't they just put flags on all skill players, and no blocking below the waist?

BroncoMan4ever
03-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Why don't they just put flags on all skill players, and no blocking below the waist?

i agree.

i mean i understand you don't want serious injuries for players, but football is a contact sport, and the league every year develops more ways to hamstring the defensive players. yet another reason QBs throwing for 4000 yards and 30 TDs a season is common, when it used to only happen in special years.

cutthemdown
03-23-2009, 08:44 PM
And so it continues.

The water down the rules, still injury levels stay the same or rise. They haven't made the game one bit safer IMO for any players but QBS and WR and maybe not even them.

If they keep trying to protect everyone we will end up with rules where fans feel screwed all the time. Refs won't all call it the same, B.S calls will rise and rise until this crap stops.

Refs already having a tough time calling everything correctly right now. Give them too much more and they may really stink.

cutthemdown
03-23-2009, 08:44 PM
i agree.

i mean i understand you don't want serious injuries for players, but football is a contact sport, and the league every year develops more ways to hamstring the defensive players. yet another reason QBs throwing for 4000 yards and 30 TDs a season is common, when it used to only happen in special years.

Does it seem like less injuries to you? It doesn't to me.

BroncoMan4ever
03-23-2009, 10:10 PM

not necessarily the injuries themselves, if anything injuries have gone up, but i am talking about QBs. when you are unable to breath near a QB it allows QBs the ability to put up stats that wouldn't have been possible 20 years ago.

these 4000 yards and 30+ TD passes a year by mediocre QBs show that the QBs get coddled too much

if Elway had played in the protective bubble QBs now get, his already incredible stats would look even better than they were.

Bronco Bob
03-23-2009, 10:10 PM

Well, the players are getting bigger, stronger, and faster. So that might also be
a contributing factor. And also as a player bulks up, the muscles get bigger,
but the tendons, ligaments, and bones don't get correspondingly bigger and
stronger. So they snap easier.

Popps
03-23-2009, 10:43 PM
TJ told us this was coming a long time ago..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CZCJmmAjH0c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CZCJmmAjH0c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Taco John
03-23-2009, 10:53 PM
TJ told us this was coming a long time ago..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CZCJmmAjH0c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CZCJmmAjH0c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That guy just oozes "locker room leader" out of every pore of his body.

Popps
03-23-2009, 11:23 PM
That guy just oozes "locker room leader" out of every pore of his body.

Yep. He's probably no older than 30 in that video, and answers questions better than most coaches in their 50s.

Class act, all the way.

DHallblows
03-23-2009, 11:30 PM
I think you two just accidentally agreed...

Archer81
03-23-2009, 11:31 PM
I think you two just accidentally agreed...

Yes. It scares me, too.

:Broncos:

DHallblows
03-23-2009, 11:41 PM
But to keep the thread true:
This isn't baseball or basketball, keep this a damn contact sport :nono:

Archer81
03-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Pollard's hit on Brady wasnt dirty. Brady himself said that. Pretty soon why even wear pads at all? Just be a bunch of dudes in tight pants and jockstraps playing grabass. Be like highschool gym all over again.

:Broncos: