garandman
03-23-2009, 03:53 PM
^5

bronclvr
03-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes!

garandman
03-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Per txt msg (isn't that ironic). Says he still plans on participating in Mandatory mini-camp

BroncoDoug
03-23-2009, 03:55 PM
well he also said he plans on being at the voluntary workouts too... so we'll see if he actually shows up

BroncoMan4ever
03-23-2009, 03:55 PM
and this ends. if Jay doesn't feel like talking to McDaniels it doesn't matter because in April he will have no choice.

now finally, lets move on and get back onto more important discussion, the draft and will Marshall be suspended or not.

garandman
03-23-2009, 03:56 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/sports/nfl.broncos.cutler.2.965992.html

bronco militia
03-23-2009, 03:57 PM
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/usr/1/13255/text-message.jpg

Cito Pelon
03-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Jay loves him some CBS4.

BabyTO
03-23-2009, 04:01 PM
He'll be traded by that point so obviously he's gonna say he'll show up. :thanku:

OBF1
03-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Jay is a goner for sure now.

UberBroncoMan
03-23-2009, 04:14 PM
and this ends. if Jay doesn't feel like talking to McDaniels it doesn't matter because in April he will have no choice.

now finally, lets move on and get back onto more important discussion, the draft and will Marshall be suspended or not.

Actually I think the next big controversy is going to be if McDaniels thinks getting rid of Peyton Hillis and even Ryan Torain for two 31 year old's in LaMont Jordon and Correll Buckhalter goes over well.

The article about them both being on the trading block has gotten a lot of people antsy, myself included ESPECIALLY for Hillis.

ghwk
03-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Good now I won't look like such a tool in my Cutler jersey.

jayman_37
03-23-2009, 04:21 PM

don't sell yourself short.

bronco militia
03-23-2009, 04:22 PM

the jersey wasn't the problem

:giggle: :giggle:

Taco John
03-23-2009, 04:25 PM

You set up the pins... We'll knock 'em over! :wiggle:

Pontius Pirate
03-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Oh thank you Jay Cutler for showing up for work! How can we ever re-pay you!?!

Ambiguous
03-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Great news

montrose
03-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Good sign, but I'll believe it when that day arrives.

jayman_37
03-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Hasn't he already said this before? He didn't say he would show up for workouts, just the mandatory mini-camp. Nothing really new here from what I see.

oubronco
03-23-2009, 04:40 PM

you keep going there cupcake

Majik
03-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Of course he's going to report to mandatory workouts, he is still being paid his rookie contract, and with all the "maturity" he has shown up to this point it wouldn't surprise if Jay has overspent his budget and is hard up for cash. Can he possibly afford to start missing paychecks and add on top of that fines, I think not.

BroncoMan4ever
03-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Actually I think the next big controversy is going to be if McDaniels thinks getting rid of Peyton Hillis and even Ryan Torain for two 31 year old's in LaMont Jordon and Correll Buckhalter goes over well.

The article about them both being on the trading block has gotten a lot of people antsy, myself included ESPECIALLY for Hillis.

well in the case of Torain, i am willing to bet that Floyd Little has a better chance of making this team than he does, but with Hillis that is major stupidity if he is traded.

Atwater His Ass
03-23-2009, 04:57 PM
This isn't news. Jay's already said he'd show up for everything mandatory.

NYBronco
03-23-2009, 05:04 PM
It's all about trust.

frerottenextelway
03-23-2009, 05:04 PM
This isn't news. Jay's already said he'd show up for everything mandatory.

Yep.

BabyTO
03-23-2009, 05:08 PM

I love how people think that Jay changed his opinion and suddenly loves being here, just because he decides to show up for MANDATORY camp. THE GUY IS UNDER CONTRACT. HE HAS TO REPORT OTHERWISE THE BRONCOS WILL FINE HIM. :wave:

The guy already lost 100k because he did not show up this month (voluntary workouts). He can't do more than that at this point, it wouldn't help him find a new team and he would lose A LOT of money.

Cito Pelon
03-23-2009, 05:14 PM
you keep going there cupcake

"Cupcake" can only be used to refer to KC fans. I have a trademark on "cupcake". It can only be used against KC fans, OK? Let's try to keep some traditions intact even in these trying times.

oubronco
03-23-2009, 05:18 PM
"Cupcake" can only be used to refer to KC fans. I have a trademark on "cupcake". It can only be used against KC fans, OK? Let's try to keep some traditions intact even in these trying times.

McD has got me so confused I can't stand it

El Guapo
03-23-2009, 05:21 PM
sa-weet!

cutthemdown
03-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Force him to play, no trade, toughen him up, win some games, bond with team mates again, settle differences with coach, win superbowls.............

Ratboy
03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Oh thank you Jay Cutler for showing up for work! How can we ever re-pay you!?!

Voluntary is not Mandatory.

Edit:

I misread someone elses post about the voluntary workouts and him showing up.

Cito Pelon
03-23-2009, 05:37 PM
McD has got me so confused I can't stand it

No sweat. You and me are the only people that have used "cupcake" in a sentence as far as I know. But cupcake belongs on the Missouri, not on the South Platte. The South Platte is more sourdough country.

NFLBRONCO
03-23-2009, 05:38 PM
He'll come in act like everything is ok in April and then around training camp he'll holdout wanting new deal I can see it coming.

Dedhed
03-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Force him to play, no trade, toughen him up, win some games, bond with team mates again, settle differences with coach, win superbowls.............

Now there's a plan I can get on board with.

MechanicalBull
03-23-2009, 05:58 PM
The joke's on McDaniels because Jay said he will show up April 1 but he won't show and Jay will giggle like a little kid thinking he pulled the greatest April Fools joke ever.

http://www.listropolis.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/april-fool.jpg

Popps
03-23-2009, 06:06 PM
It's all about trust.

Hilarious!

Los Broncos
03-23-2009, 06:06 PM
I just hope everything is cool and he is motivated enough to play for his teammates.

Popps
03-23-2009, 06:08 PM
I just hope everything is cool and he is motivated enough to play for his teammates.

Well, he'd better. He doesn't play for the coaches. I wonder if he plays for the fans?

Anyway, Jay has motivated me. I've just sent text messages to my employers to let them know that I will indeed show up for work tomorrow.

Los Broncos
03-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Well, he'd better. He doesn't play for the coaches. I wonder if he plays for the fans?

Anyway, Jay has motivated me. I've just sent text messages to my employers to let them know that I will indeed show up for work tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure things will work out but still think there's a chance he could be traded.

Hopefully this is all put to rest and we can wins some games.

Get some kind of ****ing pass rush.

baja
03-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Great news

Why is this news. This isn't news, he was always committed to that.

eddie mac
03-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I love how people think that Jay changed his opinion and suddenly loves being here, just because he decides to show up for MANDATORY camp. THE GUY IS UNDER CONTRACT. HE HAS TO REPORT OTHERWISE THE BRONCOS WILL FINE HIM. :wave:

The guy already lost 100k because he did not show up this month (voluntary workouts). He can't do more than that at this point, it wouldn't help him find a new team and he would lose A LOT of money.

He hasn't lost a cent yet. Voluntary means just that-not linked to bonuses in anyway. He'll only lose money if he misses the mandatory ones and his max workout bonus figure for the season only comes to $100k.

The majority of Jay's cash for this season is tied into performance related bonuses to the tune of $1.95m if he hits the top 5 of any major passing category much like he did last season.

Dedhed
03-23-2009, 06:23 PM

I don't get it either. Perhaps the Cutler snugglers are taking this as a sign he's grown up, despite the fact that we've known this for weeks.

eddie mac
03-23-2009, 06:28 PM

Yeah but did his stance not change after the meeting 2 weeks ago after which he instructed Bus Cook to officially request a trade???

Why on earth would you commit to attending a camp in April after requesting an official trade???

His stance has changed, not a lot but it has moved slightly.

frerottenextelway
03-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Yeah but did his stance not change after the meeting 2 weeks ago after which he instructed Bus Cook to officially request a trade???

Why on earth would you commit to attending a camp in April after requesting an official trade???

There's a difference between requesting and demanding a trade. One implies a holdout, the other does not.

baja
03-23-2009, 06:35 PM

OK I can see what you mean Eddie, now where the hell is our cap update, get busy mister. ;D

eddie mac
03-23-2009, 06:39 PM
OK I can see what you mean Eddie, now where the hell is our cap update, get busy mister. ;D

It's up to date. We haven't signed anyone since Scott Young.

In actual fact I do believe this Cutler bollox has ****ed McDaniels bargain basement shopping a bit cos he needs to keep around $19m in room just incase we trade for a QBLOL

baja
03-23-2009, 06:42 PM
It's up to date. We haven't signed anyone since Scott Young.

<b>In actual fact I do believe this Cutler bollox has ****ed McDaniels bargain basement shopping a bit cos he needs to keep around $19m in room just incase we trade for a QBLOL

See I knew you had something some of the rest of us hadn't considered.

eddie mac
03-23-2009, 06:43 PM
There's a difference between requesting and demanding a trade. One implies a holdout, the other does not.

I dont see any different actually. You either want to leave or stay. There's no in between here.

KillerBronco#76
03-23-2009, 06:50 PM
I dont see any different actually. You either want to leave or stay. There's no in between here.

There is an in between here its called positioning yourself for a new contract. So you can act like you want to leave but get offered a nice contract next year and use it as an excuse so you can stay in the city you like with the teamates you like.

Im still on the hard knocks hype bandwagon if no one saw my conspiracy theory.

There is a saying when it comes to these types of things. " any publicity is good publicity" this has all been over blown though.

Dedhed
03-23-2009, 06:53 PM

That's actually a good point, and one which I hadn't considered. Not sure there's anything to it, but we'll see.

eddie mac
03-23-2009, 06:55 PM
There is an in between here its called positioning yourself for a new contract. So you can act like you want to leave but get offered a nice contract next year and use it as an excuse so you can stay in the city you like with the teamates you like.

Im still on the hard knocks hype bandwagon if no one saw my conspiracy theory.

I'm talking about this particular case Killer and Jay's getting no new contract from Bowlen until he stops acting like a complete **** and shows the leadership skills a $100m contract warrants.

FADERPROOF
03-23-2009, 06:57 PM
so...is the Broncos website still selling his jersey half-off?

frerottenextelway
03-23-2009, 07:11 PM

You don't see any difference between demanding a trade and holding out - and you know -- not? Whatever. The Contrarian Cult.

broncosteven
03-23-2009, 07:11 PM
I'll take care of it!

HEAV
03-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Vic Lombardi and Cutler are just a little too close.

theAPAOps5
03-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Vic Lombardi and Cutler are just a little too close.

Exactly Lombardi is Cutlers little sounding board bitch. Lombardi just eats up whatever the child spits out. Its not journalism its propaganda!

Swedish Extrovert
03-23-2009, 08:08 PM

There are a lot of people "antsy" for Hillis 'round these parts ;D

BroncoMan4ever
03-23-2009, 08:42 PM

at what point did i say i thought it was over and Jay loves the team?

the point i made is that, now it is over for the time being, and if Jay is still here in April for minicamp, he can't duck a 1-on-1 conversation anymore.

so now because of that, the message board can move on to other things concerning the team, most importantly the draft

rastaman
03-24-2009, 02:47 AM

Why not just "Water Board" him!!!!:wiggle: or Kidnap his mom & dad...yeah that outta toughen him up..........

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-24-2009, 06:18 AM

Yeah, and that article read like pure speculation on the part of the writer. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Frankly, if we get value for Hillis, I'm not opposed to trading him.

TonyR
03-24-2009, 06:21 AM

My boss told some mistruths so I showed up today only because it's mandatory. Not sure how I'll make it through the day with this pervasive feeling of mistrust...

gyldenlove
03-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Exactly Lombardi is Cutlers little sounding board b****. Lombardi just eats up whatever the child spits out. Its not journalism its propaganda!

That reminds of the Favre debacle last year, Cook finds someone in the press he can leak some morsels to and in return that guy puts a spitshine on whatever Cook needs him to.

gyldenlove
03-24-2009, 06:25 AM
My boss told some mistruths so I showed up today only because it's mandatory. Not sure how I'll make it through the day with this pervasive feeling of mistrust...

Did he misunderestimate you as well?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Did he misunderestimate you as well?

He's an OBG/YN. He just wants to practice his love of women all over this country.

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2009, 06:55 AM

LOL

Circle Orange
03-24-2009, 07:10 AM
oh oh, this may mean he's really headed for the waiver wire!

and why hasn't the local news caught this yet? or are they still running rehash from yesterday's midnight edition? 8')