PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels interview--NFL N

SoDak Bronco
03-23-2009, 02:34 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f67f00

bronco militia
03-23-2009, 02:35 PM
LOL

is this the 3rd thread on this topic today?

SoDak Bronco
03-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Um not sure, this is the interview, so I thought it warranted a new thread. merge if you'd like

no-pseudo-fan
03-23-2009, 02:39 PM
it is a tease

Dagmar
03-23-2009, 02:55 PM
I like this Coach.

montrose
03-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I like this Coach.

As much as he may ****ed up by not getting the Cassel deal done/letting it leak, I can't help but like the guy when I hear him speak. I'm glad he's optimistic. I suppose it could be a ploy, but for some reason watching that I believe he wants Jay here.

no-pseudo-fan
03-23-2009, 03:08 PM
I wish/hope the questions are hard hitting.

I want to hear the answers to tough questions.

WABronco
03-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Such a dashing young coach!

lex
03-23-2009, 03:14 PM
I wish/hope the questions are hard hitting.

I want to hear the answers to tough questions.

Scott Hansen is doing he interview.

WABronco
03-23-2009, 03:27 PM
He should get his brother Chris HANSEN in here...tell Jay to have a seat.

Broncoman13
03-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Okay, is this a joke or what... I'm getting nothing!

gyldenlove
03-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Okay, is this a joke or what... I'm getting nothing!

Lets be honest, it is not the first time that has happened to you is it? :thanku:

elsid13
03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Did anyone see the cut from the interview on ESPN? He had a chance to say Cutler was in Denver for the long term and instead comes out with smirk and we'll see statement.

BroncoInferno
03-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Did anyone see the cut from the interview on ESPN? He had a chance to say Cutler was in Denver for the long term and instead comes out with smirk and we'll see statement.

How can he possibly say that when Cutler has demanded a trade?

CEH
03-23-2009, 04:37 PM

That's it in a nutshell. A more experience coach would see that Cutler needs a little commitment and McD continues with his "we can't predict the future".

Until he comes up with something different Cutler's stance will not change.

elsid13
03-23-2009, 04:50 PM
How can he possibly say that when Cutler has demanded a trade?

All he had to say was nothing more then his first statement "Cutler is Denver Broncos QB". Leave it that, and he has a strong position. Adding that last statement was just a dick move.

BroncoInferno
03-23-2009, 04:52 PM
All he had to say was nothing more then his first statement Cutler is Denver Broncos QB. Leave it that, and he a strong position. Adding that last statement was just a dick move.

It is if you're interested in twisting everything all out of proportion. There was nothing wrong with that statement. It was 100% accurate, and not anything that should get Cutler in a tither. The again, Jay's been a 3 year old through out this whole ordeal, so he'll probably hold court with Mortenson to air his displeasure.

Dagmar
03-23-2009, 04:55 PM
tis on in a few.

TheReverend
03-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Marshall Faulk and Jamie Dukes are destroying McDaniels and Bowlen at the moment. Prepare for your media crucifixion Josh...

elsid13
03-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Started and Marshall Faulk and Jamie Dukes are killing McDaniels. Best line by Faulk "you don't know the future, but he (McDaniels) in position to influence that future"

Gcver2ver3
03-23-2009, 05:16 PM
plain and simple, McD could've put this all to bed by simply answering that Cutler is our QB for the future as well as now...

obviously Cutler is the Broncos QB now...duh!...

but when asked about the future he says he can't predict...

that's why i'm convinced they're just trying to drive up the asking price for him...

i don't like how Cutler has handled this, but i can see why Cutler doesn't like McD...McD comes off as a weasel...

so just so we're clear, we have a crybaby for a QB and a weasel for a coach and a drunk for an owner...

championship...

WolfpackGuy
03-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Dukes - "Bowlen's a businessman."
Faulk - "He apparently doesn't know what sells tickets. And their defense wasn't what was selling tickets last year."

Well put Marshall.

bronco militia
03-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Faulk - "He apparently doesn't know what sells tickets. And their defense wasn't what was selling tickets last year."

Well put Marshall.

offseason grade:

F-

TheReverend
03-23-2009, 05:22 PM

Well put Marshall.

One interesting thing on that note.

Oskie made a valid point at the time Shanahan was fired that tickets were starting to get returned due to the economy so part of Bowlen's rationale could've been to try and stir excitement among the fan base. Well now tickets are getting turned in in droves and the once eternal season ticket waiting list ain't so long anymore...

Epic Fail, Bowlen...

TheReverend
03-23-2009, 05:24 PM
That nervous throat clear makes me want to smack the **** out of him.

bronco militia
03-23-2009, 05:26 PM

no doubt...

garandman
03-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Yeah, this is part of the problem having a 32 yr old kid run a multi-billion dollar company (it aint bowlen). he comes off as arrogant to me, with a smirk the entire interview, his body language tells me he thinks this is a joke (which is true) but a lot can be said for taking this very serious and reflecting that in the interview. Why must he insist on always leaving with the idea the Jay isn't guaranteed anything, JUST SAY IT YOU MORON, it doesn't necessarily have to be true, where is Sam Kinnison? "SAY IT, SAY IT!!"

I think we r still in trouble, McD hasn't gotten it, he has no skill in business politics,he never will....

WolfpackGuy
03-23-2009, 05:31 PM
His answer to the "Cutler trust" question should be fun.

elsid13
03-23-2009, 05:33 PM

That not as bad as his eyes that keep glancing up and down when answering questions. Why isn't he looking the reporter in the eyes when he responding?

montrose
03-23-2009, 05:35 PM

He does seem to be getting better. He's made some public speaking strides since his hiring press conference. He still needs to work on the non-verbals though. The throat clearing and wondering eyes (usually down) could use improving.

Since I conduct media trainings with professionals, maybe I should reach out to Mr. Saccomano? :afro:

WolfpackGuy
03-23-2009, 05:35 PM
That not as bad as his eyes that keep glancing up and down when answering questions. Why isn't he looking the reporter in the eyes when he responding?

Lying.
I bet they had everything worked out for Cassel, but didn't have the balls to run it by Bowlen.
Now the cat's out of the bag and ****tin everywhere it can.

BMarsh615
03-23-2009, 05:42 PM
As much as he may ****ed up by not getting the Cassel deal done/letting it leak, I can't help but like the guy when I hear him speak. I'm glad he's optimistic. I suppose it could be a ploy, but for some reason watching that I believe he wants Jay here.

He is Obama. He talks a good game but he really has no idea what he is doing. :D

TheReverend
03-23-2009, 05:43 PM
He does seem to be getting better. He's made some public speaking strides since his hiring press conference. He still needs to work on the non-verbals though. The throat clearing and wondering eyes (usually down) could use improving.

Since I conduct media trainings with professionals, maybe I should reach out to Mr. Saccomano? :afro:

Because he's not really public speaking. It's the interviewing and a small crew. Probably 5 or less.

This is ****ing bull**** man. I want my money back.

Hulamau
03-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Tjesus H. Some of you guys are sounding like a cackle of neurotic women on Dr. Phil! Get a grip.

Let the guy speak and take him at face value until you have some other EVIDENCE he's lying or whatever those supposedly 'shifty eyes' mean in your addled brains!

Unbelievable!

OABB
03-23-2009, 05:45 PM
He is Obama. He talks a good game but he really has no idea what he is doing. :D

yeah. He just led the number one offense of all time and is a 32 year old head coach.

the correct thing to say is that he is like Obama, he hasn't been on the job long enough to determine anything, but most moron's will place value judgements on him based on ignorance and personal agenda's.

oubronco
03-23-2009, 05:45 PM

hence why he is a dumba**

TheReverend
03-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Tjesus H. Some of you guys are sounding like a cackle of neurotic women on Dr. Phil! Get a grip.

Let the guy speak and take him at face value until you have some other EVIDENCE he's lying or whatever those supposedly 'shifty eyes' mean in your addled brains!

Unbelievable!

Have you seen it?

elsid13
03-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I noticed that only time that he looked the Hanson in the eye is when he was speaking Belicheat and Patriots. The rest of the time when he was responding to the Cutler questions the eyes were darting.

mr007
03-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I think we r still in trouble, McD hasn't gotten it, he has no skill in business politics,he never will....

Dead on. Why is it so damned hard for him to make Cutler feel completely welcome. Regardless of your intentions, stroke his ego a bit for ****s sake and put this behind us. Enough games.

montrose
03-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Because he's not really public speaking. It's the interviewing and a small crew. Probably 5 or less.

It's not speaking to a large crowd, but just having cameras there and knowing that thousands of viewers of watching can cause the same nerves as a large speech.

This is ****ing bull**** man. I want my money back.

What money?

WolfpackGuy
03-23-2009, 06:07 PM
That didn't exactly leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Way to bring up your days under Belicheck, Josh.
He's really been such an honorable coach.

summerdenver
03-23-2009, 06:54 PM
It is the first time since the begining of this I heard JMac say something sensible and/or not contradict himself.

It is between myself and Jay and we need to resolve it ourselves without going thru media.

IMO, this is the stance Broncos should have taken on the first day the news broke out. Instead they tried to make it as team vs individual thing and tried to pressure Jay thru media leaks that he is not responding to calls, he aksed for a trade, scheff will be traded blah blah.

At the end of the day - It is an issue between two individuals and not an issue between Broncos and Jay Cutler.

WABronco
03-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Is there a full interview that you guys are flipping out over, or is this it?

Dedhed
03-23-2009, 07:03 PM
This is the saddest bunch of whimpering I've ever seen on the mane.

Rabb
03-23-2009, 07:39 PM
My God people, now we are resorting to behavioral analysis?

oubronco
03-23-2009, 07:49 PM

first sign of a liar thats why

eddie mac
03-23-2009, 07:59 PM
My God people, now we are resorting to behavioral analysis?

The Cutler Fanboy club are all experts in that, didn't you know.ROFL!

Popps
03-23-2009, 08:59 PM

Unbelievable!

Hilarious!

Beyond that, what would he be "lying" about at this point?

People are off their ****ing rockers around here. Honestly.

Popps
03-23-2009, 09:00 PM
This is the saddest bunch of whimpering I've ever seen on the mane.

Seriously, since I've started visiting this freak-show, this is as lame as I've seen fans. It's a total embarrassment. Just a bunch of panicky school-girls.

theAPAOps5
03-23-2009, 09:02 PM

Unbelievable!

Save your breath this place might as well merge with Bronco Mania judging by the bull schit I have read here lately.

Broncoman13
03-23-2009, 09:18 PM
A liar is uncomfortable facing his questioner/accuser and may turn his head or body away.

Anybody know if Josh McDaniels is right or left handed?

If McD is right handed, the constant looking up to the left (his left, viewer's right) is a sign of visual memory the middle and lower left are signs of audible memories or things that he went over with himself. Sort of like talking to yourself, but for the purpose of playing over a conversation in your head. I've used the technique A LOT over the years. First started doing it in sports (particularly as a pitcher). Some people refer to it as "visualizing" an event or process. I used the technique in the Air Force during competitions for William-Tel and that sort of thing to help increase my proficiency.

Anyhow, if McD is in fact right handed I would believe what he is saying about Cutler. I do wonder if the talks he has had involve just self imaging/auditory or if they included Xanders/Bowlen/someone else such as a trusted confidant (Belicheat?).

I also wonder about some of the other "non-verbals". When he answered the question about Cutler being the future it was a little guarded. He went into not being able to see the future or something along those lines. Sometimes a person that is lying will try to avoid "lying" by not making direct statements. They imply answers instead of denying something directly. But, with the answers he gave ("we want him to be the QB, etc.) I think it is truly an unknown... Unknown whether Cutler will continue to try and force a trade and it's on McD's part as well. I still get the feeling that he is not sure about Cutler for the long haul and I can't say I blame him!

Now, if McD is left handed, there is a good chance he made all of that up and it is a load of bull!!! I bet we find out (if we find out!) that he is right handed though. Not many other non-verbals such as touching his face while speaking, frowns/angry faces, or shrugging of the shoulders/head/eyes.

Oh, and yes I do watch "Lie to Me", one of my favorite shows on the tube!!!

;D

Broncoman13
03-23-2009, 09:25 PM

I thought he did much better. Still has the smile that looks like it could be a fake smile and the "no slave" thing going on (wandering eyes for you non-AF lingo types). But all in all I thought he answered the questions very well if you are a fan of keeping Cutler as a Bronco. Of course this could have been coached and the looking to the lower and middle left kind of reinforces that point as that is an indicator of audible recollection and he did that with just about every answer as if knowing what was asked and having a prepared answer.

Broncoman13
03-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Btw Popps, this is fun. You should try it. You're right, who needs therapy when you have the MANE!!!

lex
03-23-2009, 09:43 PM
A liar is uncomfortable facing his questioner/accuser and may turn his head or body away.

If McD is right handed, the constant looking up to the left (his left, viewer's right) is a sign of visual memory the middle and lower left are signs of audible memories or things that he went over with himself. Sort of like talking to yourself, but for the purpose of playing over a conversation in your head. I've used the technique A LOT over the years. First started doing it in sports (particularly as a pitcher). Some people refer to it as "visualizing" an event or process. I used the technique in the Air Force during competitions for William-Tel and that sort of thing to help increase my proficiency.

Anyhow, if McD is in fact right handed I would believe what he is saying about Cutler. I do wonder if the talks he has had involve just self imaging/auditory or if they included Xanders/Bowlen/someone else such as a trusted confidant (Belicheat?).

I also wonder about some of the other "non-verbals". When he answered the question about Cutler being the future it was a little guarded. He went into not being able to see the future or something along those lines. Sometimes a person that is lying will try to avoid "lying" by not making direct statements. They imply answers instead of denying something directly. But, with the answers he gave ("we want him to be the QB, etc.) I think it is truly an unknown... Unknown whether Cutler will continue to try and force a trade and it's on McD's part as well. I still get the feeling that he is not sure about Cutler for the long haul and I can't say I blame him!

Now, if McD is left handed, there is a good chance he made all of that up and it is a load of bull!!! I bet we find out (if we find out!) that he is right handed though. Not many other non-verbals such as touching his face while speaking, frowns/angry faces, or shrugging of the shoulders/head/eyes.

Oh, and yes I do watch "Lie to Me", one of my favorite shows on the tube!!!

;D

I dont know if he is right or left handed. I just know this is what his bedroom looks like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/lexlucid/NEBedroom.jpg

DenVa BroncHoos
03-23-2009, 11:23 PM
I wish Hanson had asked McDaniels: "Coach, with all the issues on defense and in the running game, the one thing that wasnt wrong with the Broncos was the Quarterback! Why would you mess with that???"

baja
03-23-2009, 11:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f67f00

He's lying.

NFLBRONCO
03-24-2009, 12:14 AM
I see this as a short term thing. I don't expect Cutler to be here more then 09. Seems like both sides are set on their stance.

Archer81
03-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Dukes is an ass hat. His post interview bit with Fran and Faulk is all contrived BS. Neither side acted like adults here but excuse the player completely? If I wanted rigid absolutes in sports reporting I'd still be watching espin.

:Broncos:

Popps
03-24-2009, 12:20 AM
He's lying.

About what part, your honor?

Hulamau
03-24-2009, 12:24 AM
Have you seen it?

Yeah I saw it , three times to try and clean these nefarious signals of deceit some of the guys here are projecting.

I see a young earnest guy who is obviously being as careful as possible with his words and for good reason. Someone who hasn't had a world of experience yet in dealing with the press and certainly nothing so adversarial and important to him and to his QB and the Broncos.

I don't expect him to handle every thing like a consummate pro yet, but he is having to get their side out , principally extending a real olive branch and reassurance to Jay that they WANT HIS A** AS THE BRONCO QB' as clearly as possible while at the same time NOT being able to tell the whole story from his side as he would like so as not to further offend his delicate Cry-Boys sensitivities.

Was McD a tad nervous, no doubt, I suspect you would be too in his shoes and having not had so much time in front of the hungry wolf of the press.

I care most right now about his skill as a football coach and building a winning team. How he is as an orator and handling the angry mob, I'm more than willing to give him some leeway and let him learn his way through that area at 32 years old. Right?

All this parsing though his every freakin breath like a cackle of neurotic old ladies is a joke in the extreme!

Makes me wonder what outcome some of you really want? Some of you say you are for 'Jay', but are acting like you want to cheer anything you can that undermines (in your fantasy) McD's authority.

Well, here is what is best for the Broncos, pure and simple. That BOTH McD and Cutler succeed together here. Rooting for McD to fail is absolutely the same as wishing for the Broncos to fail. Like it or not, he IS the face of the Broncos now.

And furthermore he is the one publicly urging Cutler to come back in and saying over and over he wants him to QB this team! Isnt that what some of you yahoo's want???

And Cutler apparently wont even return a text message! Its all on Jay now to grow up now and swallow whatever stubborn pride and pouty feelings he may have and get his a** back into learning the system.

baja
03-24-2009, 12:26 AM
About what part, your honor?

Watch the clip he looks away when answering a question with a lie. usally questions about jay being his guy.

I know you are a very preceptive guy Popps watch it again and tell me McD is not lying.

baja
03-24-2009, 12:30 AM
BTW I still think they will work it out for this year but after watching the clip I think they are quietly going to listen to offers. What is really clear is Josh is a lousy lier.

Archer81
03-24-2009, 12:32 AM
BTW I still think they will work it out for this year but after watching the clip I think they are quietly going to listen to offers. What is really clear is Josh is a lousy lier.

Might be the lateness of the hour...but are you serious? I'm having a hard time determining if you are or not.

baja
03-24-2009, 12:35 AM
Might be the lateness of the hour...but are you serious? I'm having a hard time determining if you are or not.

I think he is lying I don't know what his motive is but he's not telling the whole truth.

Archer81
03-24-2009, 12:38 AM
I think he is lying I don't know what his motive is but he's not telling the whole truth.

I dont think he was lying, but being very careful not to trip over yet another of Jay's raw exposed nerves. Josh said the right things, and was very deliberate. He put it out that a meeting needs to happen between him and Jay alone, and we'll see where it goes. At least for this season, Cutler should be our QB.

baja
03-24-2009, 12:40 AM
I dont think he was lying, but being very careful not to trip over yet another of Jay's raw exposed nerves. Josh said the right things, and was very deliberate. He put it out that a meeting needs to happen between him and Jay alone, and we'll see where it goes. At least for this season, Cutler should be our QB.

I hear ya and I want to believe ya but his body language says he is being disingenuous.

Hulamau
03-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Here is the full transcript for all you 'intuitive soothsayers' out there. Trying to read tea leaves and make mountains out of mole hills.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11978718

McDaniels says he's sticking with Cutler
By The Denver Post
Posted: 03/23/2009 03:29:46 PM MDT
Updated: 03/23/2009 07:48:31 PM MDT

In an interview broadcast Monday on the NFL Network, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said he hopes to meet "face to face" with Jay Cutler, saying the relationship between coach and quarterback is "not irreparable."

The Denver Post's Mike Klis on Monday reported McDaniels recently tried to contact Cutler. But that attempt failed and Cutler did not respond.

Still, McDaniels reiterated Cutler remains the Broncos' quarterback.

"He's our quarterback, we want him to be our quarterback," McDaniels told the network's Scott Hanson. "We made that very clear to him and we hope he feels the same way."

A transcript of the interview:

Scott Hanson: What's the latest on the Jay Cutler situation?

Josh McDaniels: We're working through that. Jay and I will have an opportunity to talk more as we go here. I know it's been a very public issue and this is something that I think happens more than people realize. We have a relationship, nobody knows where it stands right now, but it's going to get better. It will continue to get better, I believe that. I think it's something that both parties have to work toward a solid resolution. We have a good nucleus of players there that are looking forward to seeing him back at the facility and working with him. It will get to that point at some point in the near future.

Hanson: Do you see him as the quarterback of the Denver Broncos?

McDaniels: Yes. He's our quarterback.

Hanson: Present-tense...

McDaniels: He's our quarterback. Period.

Hanson: Future-tense? He will be your quarterback?

McDaniels: He's our quarterback. We can't predict the future. He's our quarterback, we want him to be our quarterback, we made that very clear to him and we hope he feels the same way.

Hanson: (Cutler) has asked for a trade and he says he wants to leave. He's still under contract with Denver, so is the door open in your mind for him to still be the (Broncos') quarterback?

McDaniels: Sure. Absolutely. He's under contract as you mentioned and we've made it clear that we want him to be back here (in Denver) and lead our football team.

Hanson: But your job is to make the football team as good as it can be, and that sometimes includes changing personnel. Is that still on the table? A trade?

McDaniels: Every decision we make is based on trying to do what's best for the football team in order for us to win and improve. That's always going to be the way that this job is. This was just a very highly-publicized situation that was brought to the forefront. (Cutler) is obviously one of our better players, our best players. He's a good leader and we're looking forward to having him back here with us.

Hanson: You really feel that the relationship is not irreparable?

McDaniels: I absolutely feel that it is not irreparable.

Hanson: Is it a lack of communication? Have you been able to put your finger on what's gone wrong so far?

McDaniels: It's just a situation that came up. I think there are some things out there that are not necessarily true, and there are some other things that are definitely true. We have to work through those things are make sure that the lines of communication stay open. I think that's the biggest thing, in terms of getting over any kind of an issue that a player may have with an organization or a coach. It's the same thing that (the organization) has to do when there is an issue with a player. We want to come directly to (the player) and work through it and communicate to find a common ground that we can start going forward and working toward a good resolution.

Hanson: What's not true? You stated that there were some things (in the situation with Cutler) that were not true. We can clear that up right now.

McDaniels: There are just things that I think have been out there that make for good stories. Was there something that occurred right at the beginning of free agency? Sure, there was. There were conversations and that's really where it kind of ends. There wasn't anything that came across (Pat) Bowlen's desk, there wasn't anything that we were trying to push hard to get through. It never even got to (Bowlen). Conversations were had and we've never denied that, but at the same time it's our job to look at every opportunity that we can to see if it's something that could improve our football team and that's what we were doing.

Hanson: You have talked to (Cutler) since then. There are reports of a conference call and a face-to-face meeting. Can you confirm that?

McDaniels: Yes, we have.

Hanson: Do you feel that Cutler understands where you and the franchise are coming from right now?

McDaniels: I hope so. We haven't held anything back. I think the big thing is that we need to continue to communicate and I'd love to have the opportunity to continue to meet with Cutler face-to-face. I think that's the best type of communication at this point to try to work toward a resolution.

Archer81
03-24-2009, 12:43 AM
I hear ya and I want to believe ya but his body language says he is being disingenuous.

Maybe. We'll find out one way or another. But like i said in another thread, he can talk about trading Jay, I am fine with that. He sends Hillis away I will cut a bitch.

baja
03-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Here is the full transcript for all you 'intuitive soothsayers' out there. Trying to read tea leaves and make mountains out of mole hills.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11978718

McDaniels says he's sticking with Cutler
By The Denver Post
Posted: 03/23/2009 03:29:46 PM MDT
Updated: 03/23/2009 07:48:31 PM MDT

In an interview broadcast Monday on the NFL Network, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said he hopes to meet "face to face" with Jay Cutler, saying the relationship between coach and quarterback is "not irreparable."

The Denver Post's Mike Klis on Monday reported McDaniels recently tried to contact Cutler. But that attempt failed and Cutler did not respond.

Still, McDaniels reiterated Cutler remains the Broncos' quarterback.

"He's our quarterback, we want him to be our quarterback," McDaniels told the network's Scott Hanson. "We made that very clear to him and we hope he feels the same way."

A transcript of the interview:

Scott Hanson: What's the latest on the Jay Cutler situation?

Josh McDaniels: We're working through that. Jay and I will have an opportunity to talk more as we go here. I know it's been a very public issue and this is something that I think happens more than people realize. We have a relationship, nobody knows where it stands right now, but it's going to get better. It will continue to get better, I believe that. I think it's something that both parties have to work toward a solid resolution. We have a good nucleus of players there that are looking forward to seeing him back at the facility and working with him. It will get to that point at some point in the near future.

Hanson: Do you see him as the quarterback of the Denver Broncos?

McDaniels: Yes. He's our quarterback.

Hanson: Present-tense...

McDaniels: He's our quarterback. Period.

Hanson: Future-tense? He will be your quarterback?

McDaniels: He's our quarterback. We can't predict the future. He's our quarterback, we want him to be our quarterback, we made that very clear to him and we hope he feels the same way.

Hanson: (Cutler) has asked for a trade and he says he wants to leave. He's still under contract with Denver, so is the door open in your mind for him to still be the (Broncos') quarterback?

McDaniels: Sure. Absolutely. He's under contract as you mentioned and we've made it clear that we want him to be back here (in Denver) and lead our football team.

Hanson: But your job is to make the football team as good as it can be, and that sometimes includes changing personnel. Is that still on the table? A trade?

McDaniels: Every decision we make is based on trying to do what's best for the football team in order for us to win and improve. That's always going to be the way that this job is. This was just a very highly-publicized situation that was brought to the forefront. (Cutler) is obviously one of our better players, our best players. He's a good leader and we're looking forward to having him back here with us.

Hanson: You really feel that the relationship is not irreparable?

McDaniels: I absolutely feel that it is not irreparable.

Hanson: Is it a lack of communication? Have you been able to put your finger on what's gone wrong so far?

McDaniels: It's just a situation that came up. I think there are some things out there that are not necessarily true, and there are some other things that are definitely true. We have to work through those things are make sure that the lines of communication stay open. I think that's the biggest thing, in terms of getting over any kind of an issue that a player may have with an organization or a coach. It's the same thing that (the organization) has to do when there is an issue with a player. We want to come directly to (the player) and work through it and communicate to find a common ground that we can start going forward and working toward a good resolution.

Hanson: What's not true? You stated that there were some things (in the situation with Cutler) that were not true. We can clear that up right now.

McDaniels: There are just things that I think have been out there that make for good stories. Was there something that occurred right at the beginning of free agency? Sure, there was. There were conversations and that's really where it kind of ends. There wasn't anything that came across (Pat) Bowlen's desk, there wasn't anything that we were trying to push hard to get through. It never even got to (Bowlen). Conversations were had and we've never denied that, but at the same time it's our job to look at every opportunity that we can to see if it's something that could improve our football team and that's what we were doing.

Hanson: You have talked to (Cutler) since then. There are reports of a conference call and a face-to-face meeting. Can you confirm that?

McDaniels: Yes, we have.

Hanson: Do you feel that Cutler understands where you and the franchise are coming from right now?

McDaniels: I hope so. We haven't held anything back. I think the big thing is that we need to continue to communicate and I'd love to have the opportunity to continue to meet with Cutler face-to-face. I think that's the best type of communication at this point to try to work toward a resolution.

It's not about the words themself, of course he said the right things shiit he had 2 months to think about it. His body language does not lie he is not telling the whole truth.

worm
03-24-2009, 01:04 AM
Man that must have been one hell of a powerpoint. Animation, sounds and everything.

Popps
03-24-2009, 01:10 AM
It's not about the words themself, of course he said the right things shiit he had 2 months to think about it. His body language does not lie he is not telling the whole truth.

Body language can be deceptive, and none of us are experts.

Consider what's at stake, and consider that there may be things he'd like to say that he can't say.

I think the biggest tell in this entire interview was when he used the words "other avenues."

He doesn't want to talk through the media, or using "other avenues." To me, that means Jay's dada. Josh wants to talk to Jay face to face like men, and doesn't want to do it with Jay's dada sitting behind him whispering in his ear.

The more this plays out, the more I believe Cutler has painted himself into a corner and his agent is having a field-day with it. Problem is, Jay and his agent are ****ing this whole thing up for themselves, much less the team.

Again, if Jay TRULY wants to stay, he's got to man-up and have a one on one. If Jay wants to LEAVE, then it's almost even MORE imperative that he stop looking like a spoiled child, and gets his ass in there and puts on a good public show with the front office.

Right now, the ONLY thing Cutler could do to **** all of this up is to continue to let it stew. NO MATTER WHO STARTED IT, or who was right or wrong... Jay staging his pout-out is just screwing both sides, here.

Popps
03-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Watch the clip he looks away when answering a question with a lie. usally questions about jay being his guy.

I know you are a very preceptive guy Popps watch it again and tell me McD is not lying.

I think he can't be sure. He never looked away when he was asked if Jay was the team's QB, though. But, when he was asked questions about the future, he said he can't predict the future.

I think he knows more than we do about this situation, Baja. (Obviously.) But, what I mean is... I think there are probably some major KEY elements here that the public doesn't know about. This guy may have a read on Cutler that we're simply not privy to. This interviewer is asking him to make statements that could get him in trouble.

So, what seems like "lying" might just be discomfort with the question. That's why lie detector tests aren't always admissible in court. Discomfort with a question doesn't mean the answer is a lie.

Think about it, what is there to lie about? Honestly. People use this "lie" word, but what's the lie!? He's already said they DID talk about Cassel.
Where's the lie, here? If Jay wasn't "his guy," why lie about it? Why even bother with the interview?

He's got to be VERY careful with these answers. He said EXACTLY what I told you he'd say at the beginning of this thread, Baja. Read my post. You didn't even need to watch the video.

thumpc
03-24-2009, 01:57 AM
We're in great shape. Cutler will come in to minicamps and training camps with a chip on his shoulder treating the season like a contract year. In 2010 he can be traded, extended in Denver, or kept playing on his rookie contract. I don't foresee any problems once he's throwing at Dove Valley. At least nothing that would prevent him from throwing to the receivers and pitching it to the backs.
If the FO holds their ground and keeps him this will be a very entertaining season.:Broncos:

Hulamau
03-24-2009, 03:07 AM
I think he can't be sure. He never looked away when he was asked if Jay was the team's QB, though. But, when he was asked questions about the future, he said he can't predict the future.

I think he knows more than we do about this situation, Baja. (Obviously.) But, what I mean is... I think there are probably some major KEY elements here that the public doesn't know about. This guy may have a read on Cutler that we're simply not privy to. This interviewer is asking him to make statements that could get him in trouble.

So, what seems like "lying" might just be discomfort with the question. That's why lie detector tests aren't always admissible in court. Discomfort with a question doesn't mean the answer is a lie.

Think about it, what is there to lie about? Honestly. People use this "lie" word, but what's the lie!? He's already said they DID talk about Cassel.
Where's the lie, here? If Jay wasn't "his guy," why lie about it? Why even bother with the interview?

He's got to be VERY careful with these answers. He said EXACTLY what I told you he'd say at the beginning of this thread, Baja. Read my post. You didn't even need to watch the video.

Precisely so Popps,

And those guys here talking about him not looking at the interviewer ... Jesus he was looking at US through the freaking CAMERA whenever he wasn't looking directly at Hansen, except for two short moments when he looked down. Perhaps taking a microsecond to find the right words to a precise, but unknowable question about the future when no one can be absolute about that, big freaking deal!

Particularly, when Cutler has not returned text messages even and is still demanding a trade! You think he just might pause for a microsecond before answering such a question with all the hoopla that is made from his every word??

Listen, if he had stared without blinking right at Hansen the entire time, most of you 'human lie-detectors' here would be decrying how he NEVER once looked at the camera and the main audience he is really addressing as more proof he must be lying :pimp:

Instead he mostly looked right in the eyes of Hansen while not forgetting he was also talking to Bronco nation, Jay Cutler , Bus Cook and the rest of the NFL on the other side of that lens, just to his left!

I cant believe some of you guys cant see that??? Some of these responses here looking for gold in pixy dust are ANAL to the max!

TheReverend
03-24-2009, 05:07 AM
It's not speaking to a large crowd, but just having cameras there and knowing that thousands of viewers of watching can cause the same nerves as a large speech.

What money?

Nothing literal. More representative of emotional investment in the team. Just pissed.

fontaine
03-24-2009, 05:15 AM
Well done McDaniels.

Whatever infatuation he had with Cassell, it's good to see him moving on and committing to Cutler and it's good to hear that Jay has reiterated that he will attend the April Camps.

Like I've been saying, Cutler isn't going anywhere. He's a franchise QB in team loaded with offensive weapons and he's under contract for another three years.

Now hopefully, McDaniels/Nolan can get on with doing the one job they were brought here to do which is to get the defense out of the gutter.

Ratboy
03-24-2009, 05:19 AM

He is right handed, or so it appears that way.

Right or left handed, McDaniels was lying through his teeth in that interview.

"He's our QB", no really? It's such a bull**** answer.

Broncoman13
03-24-2009, 05:51 AM

Actually a liar will sometimes look directly at a person when he lies. He/she wants to see how the recipient acts when the lie is presented and therefore will more likely keep eye contact while lying rather than looking away.

Baja, the only thing that matters now is whether Josh McDaniels is Left Handed or Right Handed.

If he is Right Handed, he as sent from heaven to bring the Broncos back to the Superbowl, and he is not lying.

If he is left handed, he is one of Hades foot soldiers, definitely lying, and will ruin all things Bronco related.

It all comes down to this... Does McD draw up those incredible plays R or L handed???

DB Doom
03-24-2009, 05:55 AM
Dukes is an ass hat. His post interview bit with Fran and Faulk is all contrived BS. Neither side acted like adults here but excuse the player completely? If I wanted rigid absolutes in sports reporting I'd still be watching espin.

hellz yeah...that is gospel. Dukes is a total douche, as for Faulk, remember that interview with Costas where he stormed off and because he didnt want to answer why they sucked...i dont know but he's no authority...another whiner..like Cutler

TonyR
03-24-2009, 07:11 AM
"He's our QB", no really? It's such a bull**** answer.

And how should he have answered?

Look, McD probably doesn't like Jay very much, and he probably has very good reason to feel this way. He probably thinks he's a loser with a bad attitude and that he may not be very coachable. He's far from the only person to have this opinion of him. And the way Jay is acting is certainly not improving his feelings about him. But at the same time he realizes that from a talent perspective he's better off with him than most or all other available options. So sure he may be "lying" but he's stuck with Jay. He can't say how he really feels!

bronclvr
03-24-2009, 07:21 AM
I think some of you are over analyzing this "interview"(more like an inquest)-McD is no dummy (it is obvious), and he WAS careful in his responses-he has seen the firestorm this whole debacle has created, and he is being careful in what he is saying. I, too, watched his eyes and demeanor, I did not see him have any look of deception, just thoughtful answers.

I believe he knows he has painted himself into a corner, and needs Jay to succeed (for him to succeed), and he knows that the rest of the Team is watching how he handles this-a lot on the line. I think he was forthright and to the point-honest. I sense he is not outright calling Bus Cook an a**hat, but he is thinking it. I do wonder, however, did Jay call CBS4 because he also saw that McD was trying to calm the waters, or to try and make himself (Jay) look better (or, possibly to his Team mates?)?

gyldenlove
03-24-2009, 07:27 AM
I think some of you are over analyzing this "interview"(more like an inquest)-McD is no dummy (it is obvious), and he WAS careful in his responses-he has seen the firestorm this whole debacle has created, and he is being careful in what he is saying. I, too, watched his eyes and demeanor, I did not see him have any look of deception, just thoughtful answers.

I believe he knows he has painted himself into a corner, and needs Jay to succeed (for him to succeed), and he knows that the rest of the Team is watching how he handles this-a lot on the line. I think he was forthright and to the point-honest. I sense he is not outright calling Bus Cook an a**hat, but he is thinking it. I do wonder, however, did Jay call CBS4 because he also saw that McD was trying to calm the waters, or to try and make himself (Jay) look better (or, possibly to his Team mates?)?

Pretty spot on right there.

He knows he has to get Cutler in to talk and get ready for next season but he also has maintain his leadership over the team and the respect of the lockerroom.

bronclvr
03-24-2009, 07:33 AM
He knows he has to get Cutler in to talk and get ready for next season but he also has maintain his leadership over the team and the respect of the lockerroom.

agreed :thumbsup:

fontaine
03-24-2009, 07:33 AM

Look, McD probably doesn't like Jay very much, and he probably has very good reason to feel this way. He probably thinks he's a loser with a bad attitude and that he may not be very coachable. He's far from the only person to have this opinion of him. And the way Jay is acting is certainly not improving his feelings about him. But at the same time he realizes that from a talent perspective he's better off with him than most or all other available options. So sure he may be "lying" but he's stuck with Jay. He can't say how he really feels!

Cool, can you tell us how McDaniels really feels about Bowlen, Xanders and others?

Just asking since you seem to have this empathic connection with McDaniels and really know what's going on his head as opposed to what he is saying.

rugbythug
03-24-2009, 07:34 AM
If he is lying, which I Don't. Why would he parse his words so. If he was going to lie he would just say. "Jay will never be traded, He will be here for as long as I am Blah, Blah, blah". And then just trade him if he gets a deal he likes. He is so careful with his words he must actually be trying to tell the truth.

barryr
03-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Only the bozos still think McDaniels is wanting to trade Cutler for a bag of popcorn. The Broncos have no better option at QB at this point and I doubt McDaniels wants to have a 4-12 season. They may anyway unless that defense gets fixed big time, but despite the "fire McDaniels in March" group, they didn't sign Simms to be the starter.

TonyR
03-24-2009, 07:49 AM
Just asking since you seem to have this empathic connection with McDaniels and really know what's going on his head as opposed to what he is saying.

I don't think it's that difficult to figure out that he doesn't like Jay very much, and that the feeling is mutual. Has something given you a different impression?

TheReverend
03-24-2009, 07:51 AM
I really love this thread.

Even my own reaction is priceless.

baja
03-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Body language can be deceptive, and none of us are experts.

Consider what's at stake, and consider that there may be things he'd like to say that he can't say.

I think the biggest tell in this entire interview was when he used the words "other avenues."

He doesn't want to talk through the media, or using "other avenues." To me, that means Jay's dada. Josh wants to talk to Jay face to face like men, and doesn't want to do it with Jay's dada sitting behind him whispering in his ear.

The more this plays out, the more I believe Cutler has painted himself into a corner and his agent is having a field-day with it. Problem is, Jay and his agent are ****ing this whole thing up for themselves, much less the team.

Again, if Jay TRULY wants to stay, he's got to man-up and have a one on one. If Jay wants to LEAVE, then it's almost even MORE imperative that he stop looking like a spoiled child, and gets his ass in there and puts on a good public show with the front office.

Right now, the ONLY thing Cutler could do to **** all of this up is to continue to let it stew. NO MATTER WHO STARTED IT, or who was right or wrong... Jay staging his pout-out is just screwing both sides, here.

Of course I have no way to be certain, could turn our just as you say Popps. When I watch the clip my street smarts get activated or to say it another way, "I smell a rat". What I see in McDaniels is a guy that would like to dump the talented but problematic Cutler for a Hershel Walker type trade. I see a guy that is making statements that do not reflect his true feelings. I now think McDaniels first choice is get a QB that is 100% committed to the "team first" way and all those picks that a trade would bring. We may end up with Jay but I will not be surprised in the least at a draft day trade.

One thing is for sure McDaniels should watch tape of a Shanny presser to learn how to lie like a pro.

Dedhed
03-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Cool, can you tell us how McDaniels really feels about Bowlen, Xanders and others?

Can you tell us what the prophecy says, because clearly what the coach said doesn't mean anything to those with the second sight.

For those of you body language experts, you may want to take a look at some film of Cutler last year. It says way more than anything in this interview.

Circle Orange
03-24-2009, 08:14 AM
I just wish McDaniels would get a real hairstyle. Maybe that's his problem. 8') I mean seriously, that buzzcut doesn't work unless you have Howie Long's jawline. Dork.

baja
03-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Precisely so Popps,

And those guys here talking about him not looking at the interviewer ... Jesus he was looking at US through the freaking CAMERA whenever he wasn't looking directly at Hansen, except for two short moments when he looked down. Perhaps taking a microsecond to find the right words to a precise, but unknowable question about the future when no one can be absolute about that, big freaking deal!

Particularly, when Cutler has not returned text messages even and is still demanding a trade! You think he just might pause for a microsecond before answering such a question with all the hoopla that is made from his every word??

Listen, if he had stared without blinking right at Hansen the entire time, most of you 'human lie-detectors' here would be decrying how he NEVER once looked at the camera and the main audience he is really addressing as more proof he must be lying :pimp:

Instead he mostly looked right in the eyes of Hansen while not forgetting he was also talking to Bronco nation, Jay Cutler , Bus Cook and the rest of the NFL on the other side of that lens, just to his left!

<b>I cant believe some of you guys cant see that??? Some of these responses here looking for gold in pixy dust are ANAL to the max!

Relax dude, people are entitled to their feelings. I can't tell you why in so many words I feel that McDaniels is not telling the whole truth about the team's plans for the future and Jay Cutler but my street smarts tell me he isn't and they have usually served me well . My take is McD would prefer the picks trading Jay would bring. That's what I saw but time will tell but in the mean time Hulamau it's just opinions on a message board.

baja
03-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Actually a liar will sometimes look directly at a person when he lies. He/she wants to see how the recipient acts when the lie is presented and therefore will more likely keep eye contact while lying rather than looking away.

Baja, the only thing that matters now is whether Josh McDaniels is Left Handed or Right Handed.

If he is Right Handed, he as sent from heaven to bring the Broncos back to the Superbowl, and he is not lying.

If he is left handed, he is one of Hades foot soldiers, definitely lying, and will ruin all things Bronco related.

It all comes down to this... Does McD draw up those incredible plays R or L handed???

LOL It's a conspiracy I tell ya....

baja
03-24-2009, 08:29 AM

I think Tony has summed it up very well with this post. Rep.

DenverBrit
03-24-2009, 08:55 AM
If those who think that looking away makes a person a liar, then they must think Jay lies through his teeth. Have you watched a Cutler presser or interview??
McDaniels is choosing his words very carefully, his main audience is not you or me, but Jay and Bus Cook.
For all the behavioral physiologists on the Mane who have experience in this field, speak up.

The wannabe Dr Phils? Hilarious!

DenverBrit
03-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Can you tell us what the prophecy says, because clearly what the coach said doesn't mean anything to those with the second sight.

For those of you body language experts, you may want to take a look at some film of Cutler last year. It says way more than anything in this interview.
Oops, didn't see this.
I unintentionally re-stated your point. :notworthy

Smiling Assassin27
03-24-2009, 09:08 AM
mcd said all that needs to be said. after making the statement that he doesn't want things to be resolved via the press, he took the safe route and said the least inflammatory and completely bellichick-like thing, and i'm ok with it. all you morons who choose to read into every throat clear, eye blink, and hand gesture are the same ones just dying for even more jerry springer-like happenings that you can lap them up like a pavlovian retriever. get a clue.

jay is our qb. we want him to be our qb. he has asked for a trade and, as such, must be dealt with on that concern, but mcd didn't say more because there IS nothing more.

Broncoman13
03-24-2009, 09:13 AM
Of course I have no way to be certain, could turn our just as you say Popps. When I watch the clip my street smarts get activated or to say it another way, "I smell a rat". What I see in McDaniels is a guy that would like to dump the talented but problematic Cutler for a Hershel Walker type trade. I see a guy that is making statements that do not reflect his true feelings. I now think McDaniels first choice is get a QB that is 100% committed to the "team first" way and all those picks that a trade would bring. We may end up with Jay but I will not be surprised in the least at a draft day trade.

One thing is for sure McDaniels should watch tape of a Shanny presser to learn how to lie like a pro.

I am hoping for one of those Hershel Walker type trades!!! I've already spelled it out a few times. But wtf, one more time won't hurt!

Huge trade.

We get a couple of first round picks and a 2nd... plus a player.

For ****s and giggles, lets say the NY Jets want to play and are serious about Cutler.

We get David Harris and Ratliff (who I know nothing about, but he's a warm body and happens to take snaps at the QB position).

Now we have a proven ILB for the 3-4 and a potential option at QB.

We would also get the #17 pick from the Jets as well as their 2nd rounder #50 or so. To sweeten the pot, they send us a 2010 1st rounder as well which will likely be in the 20-30 range.

At 12 we draft Beanie Wells. Yeah, Beanie "F'ing" Wells!
At 17 we draft Connor Barwin. YUP, Connor "I'm a F'ing Stud" Barwin! He'll be a perfect Joker in th 3-4. We're talking the next Kevin Greene (but more athletic, and not quite as ugly)
At 47 we draft Michael Johnson. Hells yes, Michael "my neck is F'ing longer than Murtan Hank's" Johnson (just in case Barwin is a bust ;D)
At 52 we draft Jarron Gilbert. Oh yeah, Jarron "I jumped out of an F'ing pool" Gilbert!

Instant contender! Hilarious!

Seriously though. I could see the trade working out something similar, but the picks are anybody's guess.

baja
03-24-2009, 09:16 AM
mcd said all that needs to be said. after making the statement that he doesn't want things to be resolved via the press, he took the safe route and said the least inflammatory and completely bellichick-like thing, and i'm ok with it. all you morons who choose to read into every throat clear, eye blink, and hand gesture are the same ones just dying for even more jerry springer-like happenings that you can lap them up like a pavlovian retriever. get a clue.

jay is our qb. we want him to be our qb. he has asked for a trade and, as such, must be dealt with on that concern, but mcd didn't say more because there IS nothing more.

LOL It cracks me up when you guys get angry at the messengers for expressing their gut feelings, like it could affect the real outcome in some fashion.

Broncoman13
03-24-2009, 09:19 AM
If those who think that looking away makes a person a liar, then they must think Jay lies through his teeth. Have you watched a Cutler presser or interview??
McDaniels is choosing his words very carefully, his main audience is not you or me, but Jay and Bus Cook.
For all the behavioral physiologists on the Mane who have experience in this field, speak up.

The wannabe Dr Phils? Hilarious!

You know nothing unless you can tell me if McD is right handed or left handed!

baja
03-24-2009, 09:21 AM
I am hoping for one of those Hershel Walker type trades!!! I've already spelled it out a few times. But wtf, one more time won't hurt!

Huge trade.

We get a couple of first round picks and a 2nd... plus a player.

For ****s and giggles, lets say the NY Jets want to play and are serious about Cutler.

We get David Harris and Ratliff (who I know nothing about, but he's a warm body and happens to take snaps at the QB position).

Now we have a proven ILB for the 3-4 and a potential option at QB.

We would also get the #17 pick from the Jets as well as their 2nd rounder #50 or so. To sweeten the pot, they send us a 2010 1st rounder as well which will likely be in the 20-30 range.

At 12 we draft Beanie Wells. Yeah, Beanie "F'ing" Wells!
At 17 we draft Connor Barwin. YUP, Connor "I'm a F'ing Stud" Barwin! He'll be a perfect Joker in th 3-4. We're talking the next Kevin Greene (but more athletic, and not quite as ugly)
At 47 we draft Michael Johnson. Hells yes, Michael "my neck is F'ing longer than Murtan Hank's" Johnson (just in case Barwin is a bust ;D)
At 52 we draft Jarron Gilbert. Oh yeah, Jarron "I jumped out of an F'ing pool" Gilbert!

Instant contender! Hilarious!

Seriously though. I could see the trade working out something similar, but the picks are anybody's guess.

Good post OSKIE!

This is why I LOL at all the drama here, we got Cutler by the short hairs. Either he plays and he will play his best cause he can't do less not in his make up or we trade him for the moon.

What's not to like here folks???

DenverBrit
03-24-2009, 09:22 AM
You know nothing unless you can tell me if McD is right handed or left handed!

Well, as I don't think he's from Hades, merely a rookie making a stupid mistake, I'll go with right handed.

Hope that helps. ;D

montrose
03-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Nothing literal. More representative of emotional investment in the team. Just pissed.

Gotcha.

Tombstone RJ
03-24-2009, 09:34 AM
The one thing that came through very clear to me in that interview is this: McD is a Belichick diciple through and through.

His answers are just firm enough, yet just vague enough to provide no real information. Absolutely like Belichick's answers are.

The guy doing the interview pounded McD for a 100% "Yes" on the question: Is Cutler YOUR QB OF THE FUTURE FOR YOUR OFFENSE? All McD says is "He's our QB."

That is sooooooooo Belichick. What does that answer mean? Well, it states the obvious, that he is under contract, that he is indeed the Broncos starting QB as of right now. Other than that, everything else is open. He's leaving himself alot of wiggle room.

baja
03-24-2009, 09:46 AM
The one thing that came through very clear to me in that interview is this: McD is a Belichick diciple through and through.

His answers are just firm enough, yet just vague enough to provide no real information. Absolutely like Belichick's answers are.

The guy doing the interview pounded McD for a 100% "Yes" on the question: Is Cutler YOUR QB OF THE FUTURE FOR YOUR OFFENSE? All McD says is "He's our QB."

That is sooooooooo Belichick. What does that answer mean? Well, it states the obvious, that he is under contract, that he is indeed the Broncos starting QB as of right now. Other than that, everything else is open.<b> He's leaving himself alot of wiggle room.

Yes he is!

NYBronco
03-24-2009, 09:59 AM

That is sooooooooo Belichick. What does that answer mean? Well, it states the obvious, that he is under contract, that he is indeed the Broncos starting QB as of right now. Other than that, everything else is open. He's leaving himself alot of wiggle room.

Just enough for Jay to hang himself.

Mogulseeker
03-24-2009, 10:18 AM
I just wish McDaniels would get a real hairstyle. Maybe that's his problem. 8') I mean seriously, that buzzcut doesn't work unless you have Howie Long's jawline. Dork.

I don't care as long as he doesn't wear that damn hoodie...