PDA

View Full Version : "He’s our quarterback,”

TD30
03-23-2009, 09:07 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/23/mcdaniels-on-cutler-hes-our-quarterback/

McDaniels on Cutler: ‘He’s our quarterback’
Posted: NFL Network | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Denver Broncos, Jay Cutler, Josh McDaniels

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels sat down with NFL Network’s Scott Hanson on Monday at the NFL Annual Meeting and spoke about … Jay Cutler.

“He’s our quarterback,” McDaniels told Hanson in an exclusive interview that will air Monday night on NFL Total Access (7 p.m. ET).

McDaniels went on to say, “we need to keep the line of communication open” with Cutler, who asked to be traded last week after becoming upset over the team trying to trade him without his knowledge.

Dudeskey
03-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Thats our Quarterback... sniff
http://uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/terrell_owens_crying.jpg

cutthemdown
03-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Either it's Broncos trying to make sure they trade from a position of power, or he really means it and Cutler is staying.

Cutler has too much time left on contract to sit out. If Broncos say you play for us, or you don't play, I would think he relents at some point in training camp and comes in.

To this point we don't even know if Cutler is willing to risk a fine to hold out from something mandatory. Right now we only know he was willing to skip some OTA's which you can't be fined for. He loses a 100 grand workout bonus so no biggie.

IMO Cutler is worth a great player and 2 first round picks, or 3 first round picks. No team will want to part with that so IMO he stays.

maher_tyler
03-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Either it's Broncos trying to make sure they trade from a position of power, or he really means it and Cutler is staying.

Cutler has too much time left on contract to sit out. If Broncos say you play for us, or you don't play, I would think he relents at some point in training camp and comes in.

To this point we don't even know if Cutler is willing to risk a fine to hold out from something mandatory. Right now we only know he was willing to skip some OTA's which you can't be fined for. He loses a 100 grand workout bonus so no biggie.

IMO Cutler is worth a great player and 2 first round picks, or 3 first round picks. No team will want to part with that so IMO he stays.

I'll take that 100k :D

BABronco
03-23-2009, 09:26 AM
"Shanny is our coach"

"The Goodmans are here to stay"

I'll believe it after the draft

Swedish Extrovert
03-23-2009, 09:31 AM

The second sentence here sums up what I've been saying all along. The Broncos have all the leverage because of Cutler's contract. I think Bus Cook saw a window to get paid and took a big risk by fabricating a scene, overblowing some sentiment that Cutler might have expressed upon losing Shanahan/Bates.

Three years is an awfully long time to sit, and $2 mill is peanuts for a Pro Bowl QB.

For the Broncos, the best thing to do is do nothing. The problem will sort its self out, assuming McDaniels and Cutler can make amends in the next three years.

If there were one, or even two years left on his contract, there might be room to worry, but Cook made a major reach with three years left, and it's starting to look like the gamble wont pay off. All he did was make Jay look like a baby... if McDaniels can wheather the storm here, he might end up looking pretty good.

Hopefully Jay fires his agent, and this sort of thing only strengthens a working relationship with Cutler and McDaniels.

Crushaholic
03-23-2009, 09:37 AM
I believe the Broncos would only trade Cutler in a strong trade. The scenarios I've been hearing don't impress me. Nobody is talking about trading Cutler for Matt Ryan, so I don't see anything that would make me feel good about a trade...

montrose
03-23-2009, 09:38 AM
"Shanny is our coach"

:notworthy

Killericon
03-23-2009, 09:39 AM
"Shanny is our coach"

All things that McDaniels didn't say.

eddie mac
03-23-2009, 09:52 AM
All things that McDaniels didn't say.

Correct and when did Pat say Mike Shanahan was here to stay??? Was that 1999 or something:giggle:

BabyTO
03-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Darrell Hackney is also our QB. ZZZ...

Pseudofool
03-23-2009, 10:02 AM
At least he's acting like he owns and wants Cutler. Rather than saying something that means the same thing but pushes Cutler further away like, "He's a Bronco." --"He's our QB" sounds along the same lines as "He's our guy." And that's what Cutler wants to here, right?

worm
03-23-2009, 10:14 AM
If Bus was on top of it...he would have some press on how Cutler is working out hard with "fill in tbe blank".

Instead it very soon could appear that Jay is doing nothing more than playing beer pong.

oubronco
03-23-2009, 10:24 AM
He should've said it to Cutler instead of "Noone is untradable"

crowebomber
03-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Great interview Scott Hanson!! :thumbsup:

theAPAOps5
03-23-2009, 10:34 AM

Nope he should still tell Cutler that. Noone at his stage should be untradable.

Beantown Bronco
03-23-2009, 10:35 AM
If Bus was on top of it...he would have some press on how Cutler is working out hard with "fill in tbe blank".

Instead it very soon could appear that Jay is doing nothing more than playing beer pong.

As long as they include the mandatory clips of him doing sit ups in his driveway........next to the "For Sale" sign, of course.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Nope he should still tell Cutler that. Noone at his stage should be untradable.

Who the hell is Noone?

Jim Noone (http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Noone_Jim_1221070442.aspx)?

Cito Pelon
03-23-2009, 11:01 AM

Bus, Jay, and Brett are working out with a high school team and teaching them beer pong at Porky's.

Dagmar
03-23-2009, 11:06 AM

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm290/mosherbeard/smileys/28ul0dd.gif

montrose
03-23-2009, 11:07 AM
8 Years, $120 million, $45 million guaranteed, No-trade clause.

Who thinks Jay turns this down? If Bowlen and McDaniels really wanted to make this mess go away, they'd pay for it.

ZONA
03-23-2009, 11:28 AM

Who thinks Jay turns this down? If Bowlen and McDaniels really wanted to make this mess go away, they'd pay for it.

Are you frickin looney? I love Jay as much as the next guy but that's silly money you're talking about. I'd like to see them give Jay a bump in pay this year so he's not playing for penuts but I want to see him take the next step towards becoming a better leader before I give him a long term new deal. I want to see the boy grow into a man and start really taking leadership control of this team. Not bitching at his teamates every other play, stop going to the end of the bench and hanging his head when we are losing. Stuff like that.

montrose
03-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Are you frickin looney? I love Jay as much as the next guy but that's silly money you're talking about. I'd like to see them give Jay a bump in pay this year so he's not playing for penuts but I want to see him take the next step towards becoming a better leader before I give him a long term new deal. I want to see the boy grow into a man and start really taking leadership control of this team. Not b****ing at his teamates every other play, stop going to the end of the bench and hanging his head when we are losing. Stuff like that.

Oh I wouldn't give him that deal, but I do think it's enough to make this thing go away.

BroncoMan4ever
03-23-2009, 11:33 AM

he has already said he will show up when it is mandatory

montrose
03-23-2009, 11:38 AM

He also said he plays for his teammates, not coaches, then bailed on them for workouts. I'm not trying to dog Cutler in this sense, but there's no guarantee he shows up for anything. He could no-show and then have Cook talk about the trust issue, lack of commitment, etc.

broncofan
03-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Good. Looks like not everybody has forgotten how nasty Jay is and can potentially be on the field.

cutthemdown
03-23-2009, 12:02 PM

Really what else can he say or do. Dude has 3 yrs left on contract. If this was last yr of deal then sitting out 10 games might be an option. But then team could just tag him etc.

Cutler may have backed himself into a corner by reacting the way he did to the trade talk.

I hadn't heard that he said he will show until today from you, and I read it somewhere also after I posted this.

IMO Cutler is out QB and it's going to stay that way.

Bravo
03-23-2009, 12:14 PM
I like the comments coach made about Cutler being our guy etc. However, if he really means it, he should sit down with Bowlen and work out a raise for him to at least match Chis Simms. Who, is scheduled to make more than Cutler under the present contract. Bad deal!!!

UberBroncoMan
03-23-2009, 12:49 PM
"Shanny is our coach"

Same...

The FO has lied to much for this to appease me. If McDaniels had been a truthful dude and Cutler still went nuts then I'd be alright with this, but I won't believe a damn thing until I see Cutler show up for camp.

BroncoInferno
03-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Same...

The FO has lied to much for this to appease me. If McDaniels had been a truthful dude and Cutler still went nuts then I'd be alright with this, but I won't believe a damn thing until I see Cutler show up for camp.

I guess you missd the train, but Belichek's interview the other day CONFIRMS that the front office didn't lied about anything. Belichek's pretty much corroborates McD's version of things. Yeah, I know Belichek is a liar yadda yadda...never mind the fact that he has zero to gain here.

Rock Chalk
03-23-2009, 01:12 PM

No ****ing way. Jay Cutler does not deserve a 100 million dollar contract, period.

montrose
03-23-2009, 01:41 PM
No ****ing way. Jay Cutler does not deserve a 100 million dollar contract, period.

Some on the Mane (not me) would disagree.

WolfpackGuy
03-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Jay still has to put in a couple more good years (which he will) before we start talking Monopoly money.

montrose
03-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Jay still has to put in a couple more good years (which he will) before we start talking Monopoly money.

The Mc****face crowd might say we're forced into it because McDip**** screwed the pooch and we need to get it done to save the franchise. Again, I'm not one of these people - nor am I am firmly in the McDaniels camp either. Call me pissed at everybody and hoping for the best for the Denver Broncos.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-23-2009, 01:56 PM
The Mc****face crowd might say we're forced into it because McDip**** screwed the pooch and we need to get it done to save the franchise. Again, I'm not one of these people - nor am I am firmly in the McDaniels camp either. Call me pissed at everybody and hoping for the best for the Denver Broncos.

That's where I am too. Royally pissed that we're still talking about a grown man's hurt feelings and NOT talking about football, signing free agents, and making the team better.

lex
03-23-2009, 01:56 PM

What if the best thing is for McDaniels to leave Denver as soon as possible?

Ratboy
03-23-2009, 02:01 PM
This interview was rough to watch.

He wouldn't even say if Jay Cutler is his future QB. "He's our QB". No ****, Genius? Chris Simms is your quarterback too.

God this guy is a ****ing retard.

broncofan2438
03-23-2009, 02:02 PM
Things are turning around in Bronco land

Popps
03-23-2009, 02:04 PM
He also said he plays for his teammates, not coaches, then bailed on them for workouts. I'm not trying to dog Cutler in this sense, but there's no guarantee he shows up for anything. He could no-show and then have Cook talk about the trust issue, lack of commitment, etc.

Yea, the running "logic" around here is that since it wasn't mandatory, Cutler is still a swell guy... even though he's abandoning his teammates and leaving them flapping in the breeze, answering questions about how "****ed" they are without him.

But, the meeting wasn't mandatory, so Jay's done nothing wrong! Yep, he's a perfect leader!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-23-2009, 02:08 PM

He wouldn't even say if Jay Cutler is his future QB. "He's our QB". No ****, Genius? Chris Simms is your quarterback too.

And you're, what, a charter member of Mensa? You know, at some point, you might actually have to stop reading into everything he says and start listening to what he's actually saying.

I keep forgetting how brilliant it is to say something like "If they try to trade me there's going to be big trouble."

There's your "****ing retard."

Crushaholic
03-23-2009, 03:47 PM

There's no reason to say he's our "future" qb. Jay is under contract. He IS the starter until further notice...