PDA

View Full Version : Is this the worst offseason you can remember?

lex
03-23-2009, 01:35 AM
poll to follow

BMarsh615
03-23-2009, 01:54 AM
Definitely. The Shanahan firing alone made it one of the worst offseasons that I can remember.

BroncoInSkinland
03-23-2009, 04:04 AM
Quite possibly the worst offseason in the NFL ever. Redskins fans are laughing about our front office, that should tell you something. If Cutler goes in a bad trade, it will be the final nail in the coffin for me. I will still watch Broncos games and cheer for them, but I won't follow any more offseason ****, and I won't be buying any more Broncos gear. Vote with the wallet, and let Bowlen know how FUBAR this situation has become.

frerottenextelway
03-23-2009, 05:02 AM
No. This doesn't approach the deaths of DW and DN.

HorseHead
03-23-2009, 06:27 AM
true dat "frerottenextelway"....

Spider
03-23-2009, 06:30 AM
Big Thompson flood in 76 was the worst off season I remember

Bronco Rob
03-23-2009, 06:32 AM
It reminds me of the Halcyon days of Dan Reeves when he picked Tommy Maddox over Carl Pickens in 1992.......

br00tal.....

oubronco
03-23-2009, 06:38 AM
the bad part is it's not over with yet

ELEVATION
03-23-2009, 06:44 AM
cutler is still here so i wouldnt call it the worst yet. we made some solid signings....better than niko/mcree/manuel/colbert anyway...lol

my worst was the 2006-2007 off-season not only did we lose to san francisco in a easy game we should have won to go to the playoffs but then, Dwill and nash both died in the same offseason, not to mention all the crap that happened with marshall, as well as the hiring of slowik....that was pretty bad in my book.

I loved shanny and always had his back but even i am can see his time was due. even after seeing what MCD has done so far...

cutthemdown
03-23-2009, 06:49 AM

Thank you.

Let's not start comparing a spoiled QB getting upset and changing coaches to our players dying. The 70% who voted worst offseason should be ashamed of themselves.

Cmon people the moves haven't been that bad. Don't let Cutlers antics ruin the whole deal for the Broncos this offseason. Honestly worrying about trading Scheffler or Hillis is a joke. Neither of those players is a big deal to me.

Mcdaniels deserves a chance to ake the team how he wants it. He knows more about football then all of us combined so let's give him a fair shake before we throw him out of the boat.

barryr
03-23-2009, 07:16 AM
Another idiotic poll.

BroncoInSkinland
03-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Goodmans, Shanahan, Cutler, Marshall, in order of importance. More to come possibly. No truely great signings thus far, maybe Dawkins counters Hillis. Draft has yet to come, maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel, but it feels like a train doing 75 to me. From a widder viewpoint, of course the deaths of players is more important, and a cause for true grief. From the standpoint of impact to the franchise and the product on the field next year it isn't even close. Unless McDaniels became a deffensive genius overnight, or the Broncos win the staredown and defuse the Cutler situation this offseason has been more detrimental than any I can remember. The proof of course lies in the W-L column next year, and I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Drek
03-23-2009, 07:29 AM
Where is the "Lex is a drama queen and really needs to get over thinking his idiotic opinions are worth new threads on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis" option?

Crushaholic
03-23-2009, 07:42 AM
This doesn't even come close to the worst offseason...

Irish Stout
03-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Saddest offseason? no. Worst offseason? Possibly.... theres still time.

Broncomutt
03-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Best offseason ever.

Shanny is gone. :yayaya: :yayaya: :yayaya:

Slowick is gone.

Most of the **** players on defense are gone.

Cutler's finally showing he's a spoiled whiner and may be gone.

Good riddance.

Yeah, best offseason ever.:strong:

DenverBrit
03-23-2009, 08:42 AM
http://www.pete-online.us/cjimages/Drama%20Queen.bmp

Oh, look, I've made another poll.

DenverBrit
03-23-2009, 08:43 AM

No kidding. How quickly some forget.

lex
03-23-2009, 08:48 AM
No kidding. How quickly some forget.

Not really. That was very sad but the FO wasnt doing every thing it could to make the team unlikeable.

DenverBrit
03-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Not really. That was very sad but the FO wasnt doing every thing it could to make the team unlikeable.

Your question is specific and premature.

Is this the worst offseason you can remember?

The Cutler drama is far from over, the draft is next month, FA signings will continue....as will trades......and training camp hasn't started.

A better question would have been:

Is this the worst start to an offseason you can remember?

And even then, it pales in comparison to the death's of DW and DN

lex
03-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Your question is specific and premature.

The Cutler drama is far from over, the draft is next month, FA signings will continue....as will trades......and training camp hasn't started.

A better question would have been:

Is this the worst start to an offseason you can remember?

And even then, it pales in comparison to the death's of DW and DN

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78701

Wrong thread. LOL

Dagmar
03-23-2009, 09:12 AM
God lex, I hope you are hit by a bus.

DenverBrit
03-23-2009, 09:16 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78701

Wrong thread. LOL

Are you drunk??

I can't help it if both your polls suffer from premature speculation.

Natedog24
03-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Could be, but its far from over yet....

Hercules Rockefeller
03-23-2009, 10:16 AM
I doubt there could ever be an offseason worse than when Darrent and Damien passed away.

Life>>>>>>>a game

Atlas
03-23-2009, 10:34 AM
It reminds me of the Halcyon days of Dan Reeves when he picked Tommy Maddox over Carl Pickens in 1992.......

br00tal.....

What about choosing Ted Gregory over Thurman Thomas?

Atlas
03-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Goodmans, Shanahan, Cutler, Marshall, in order of importance. More to come possibly. No truely great signings thus far, maybe Dawkins counters Hillis. Draft has yet to come, maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel, but it feels like a train doing 75 to me. From a widder viewpoint, of course the deaths of players is more important, and a cause for true grief. From the standpoint of impact to the franchise and the product on the field next year it isn't even close. Unless McDaniels became a deffensive genius overnight, or the Broncos win the staredown and defuse the Cutler situation this offseason has been more detrimental than any I can remember. The proof of course lies in the W-L column next year, and I sincerely hope I am wrong.

I wonder. What makes you think they will handle the draft any better than they handled everything so far? `

ColoradoDarin
03-23-2009, 10:50 AM
I think it's the best off season we've had, the media won't stop talking about the Broncos. Better than being ignored as usual.

bronco militia
03-23-2009, 11:37 AM
I think it's the best off season we've had, the media won't stop talking about the Broncos. Better than being ignored as usual.

no news is good news

we should be talking about the draft, but nooooooooo

lex
03-23-2009, 09:42 PM
bump...in case someone wants to vote.

Popps
03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
How can this be the worst off-season ever? We haven't even friggin' drafted yet.

This is the worst off-season ever.... if you're under 14 years of age.

HAT
03-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Wow...Popps being generous tonight! I was gonna say 19. d : - )

SoCalBronco
03-23-2009, 10:28 PM
It's been pretty damn bad.

Archer81
03-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Been worse ones. 1992 wasnt that awesome. Or the offseason after 55-10...that was rough. Or, the offseason after Jacksonville in 96...that blew ass.

:Broncos:

Popps
10-23-2009, 11:23 AM

:thumbsup:

:rofl:

BroncoInSkinland
10-23-2009, 11:35 AM

Man, what horrible takes both my posts in this one were. Glad I pulled my head out of my ass long enough to tag on that disclaimer at the end. In my own defense, McDaniels DID become a defensive genius overnight, the night he signed Nolan. It would have been a better off season for me if I had realized it then. ;)

UberBroncoMan
10-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Christ even Popps has turned into a necrophiliac.

This forum is having a zombie flood.

Durango
10-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Been worse ones. 1992 wasnt that awesome. Or the offseason after 55-10...that was rough. Or, the offseason after Jacksonville in 96...that blew ass.

Don't understand that. You could see things had turned around in a big way and the season after the Jacksonville shocker the Broncos won their first Super Bowl from the play-off position of a Wild Card entry no less. The 'Revenge Tour' was pretty cool.

I thought the 1993 off-season was worse than this year, when Wade Phillips was trading away all of the top draft picks for offensive players and the defense remained God awful.

ColoradoDarin
10-23-2009, 11:44 AM
I think it's the best off season we've had,

Not bad, not bad at all....

the media won't stop talking about the Broncos. Better than being ignored as usual.

Oh, yeah, in context I'm not quite as smart :)

Popps
10-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Christ even Popps has turned into a necrophiliac.

This forum is having a zombie flood.

ROFL!

It's national thread-bump week.

Popps
10-23-2009, 11:46 AM
http://blogs.ajc.com/jay-bookman-blog/files/2009/08/zombies.jpg

enjolras
10-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Don't understand that. You could see things had turned around in a big way and the season after the Jacksonville shocker the Broncos won their first Super Bowl from the play-off position of a Wild Card entry no less. The 'Revenge Tour' was pretty cool.

I thought the 1993 off-season was worse than this year, when Wade Phillips was trading away all of the top draft picks for offensive players and the defense remained God awful.

I was only 14 at the time and even *I* knew how awful that offseason was going. That was really a bad time to be a Bronco fan. Was really hard to imagine that in only 2 or 3 seasons we'd be contending for (and then winning) superbowls.

broncocalijohn
10-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Quite possibly the worst offseason in the NFL ever. Redskins fans are laughing about our front office, that should tell you something. If Cutler goes in a bad trade, it will be the final nail in the coffin for me. I will still watch Broncos games and cheer for them, but I won't follow any more offseason ****, and I won't be buying any more Broncos gear. Vote with the wallet, and let Bowlen know how FUBAR this situation has become.

wonder if he bought his Orton jersey yet?

Bronx33
10-23-2009, 12:48 PM

away and a home jersey ;D

Popps
10-23-2009, 01:09 PM
It's been pretty damn bad.

If anyone's wondering, it looks like SoCal's last post was 9/14, where he was upset because people were having a good time with Cutler's 4 INT game.

Said he "hated what had been done to this team."

6 wins and no losses later, no sign of him.

Weird.

BroncoInSkinland
10-23-2009, 02:47 PM

Nope, not yet, got an Elway and Davis throwback, a hat, and my Hoodie is on the way. Might do the Orton as a Christmas gift idea for my fiancee though. :)

BroncoInSkinland
10-23-2009, 02:48 PM
away and a home jersey ;D

Bah, Sacrilege. Orange is the only real color for jerseys. I thought everyone knew that.

Inkana7
10-23-2009, 02:56 PM
If anyone's wondering, it looks like SoCal's last post was 9/14, where he was upset because people were having a good time with Cutler's 4 INT game.

Said he "hated what had been done to this team."

6 wins and no losses later, no sign of him.

Weird.

If that's the reason he's not on the forum, he's a douche. Like, a serious, hardcore, cowardly douche.

tnedator
10-23-2009, 02:58 PM
poll to follow

Man, this season would have been sooooo much better if Bowlen had hired Spags...

lex
10-23-2009, 07:14 PM
:thumbsup:

:rofl:

Anyone who predicted the team would go somewhere from 4-12 to 9-7 has no leg to stand on. Anyone who predicted 4-12 by justifiying it in advance, has no leg to stand on.

lex
10-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Man, this season would have been sooooo much better if Bowlen had hired Spags...

This is a case of a bird in the hand being worth more than one in the bush. Shanahan left behind a lot of young talent, namely on offense. Perhaps Spags would have done really well in Denver too. But with McDaniels, its not a case of perhaps. However, what youre saying can easily be dismissed as erroneous because its a false comparison, which is that the situation in St Louis wasnt better than the one in Denver.

tnedator
10-23-2009, 07:52 PM
This is a case of a bird in the hand being worth more than one in the bush. Shanahan left behind a lot of young talent, namely on offense. Perhaps Spags would have done really well in Denver too. But with McDaniels, its not a case of perhaps. However, what youre saying can easily be dismissed as erroneous because its a false comparison, which is that the situation in St Louis wasnt better than the one in Denver.

Is that your round-a-bout way of saying you still have your man crush on Spags and still think Bowlen destroyed the franchise?

Popps
10-23-2009, 07:56 PM
this is a case of a bird in the hand being worth more than one in the bush. Shanahan left behind a lot of young talent, namely on offense. Perhaps spags would have done really well in denver too. But with mcdaniels, its not a case of perhaps. However, what youre saying can easily be dismissed as erroneous because its a false comparison, which is that the situation in st louis wasnt better than the one in denver.

:spit:

lex
10-23-2009, 08:32 PM

Whats that Mr FourAndTwelve?

gunns
10-23-2009, 09:30 PM
If that's the reason he's not on the forum, he's a douche. Like, a serious, hardcore, cowardly douche.

I think you're an island as far as that thought. Many, including me, would prefer his posts on the Mane to others. Take note.

HAT
12-01-2009, 08:47 PM

Lev Vyvanse
12-01-2009, 08:54 PM

Polls closed. I vote no.

GreatBronco16
12-01-2009, 09:24 PM
I think you're an island as far as that thought. Many, including me, would prefer his posts on the Mane to others. Take note.

Then again, some of us don't. Be sure to write that down.

Ambiguous
12-01-2009, 09:26 PM
I voted yes, anyone have some crow? I'm hungry.

Popps
12-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Another classic Lex contribution to the Mane.

He's that dog that craps in your front yard in the morning when you're not looking. You'd love to put a stop to it, but at a certain point... you just accept that poop in the yard is part of life.

Archer81
12-02-2009, 12:11 AM

Original recipe, cajun or our new grilled?

Killericon
12-02-2009, 01:54 AM
I still think it was the worst offseason, to experience, ever. We lost a player we all(including me) had faith in in Jay Cutler. We lost Mike Shanahan. It seemed to last forever.

It sucked, but it seems to have been worth it.

UberBroncoMan
12-02-2009, 01:56 AM

I still think it's a yes.

This poll used to be an overwhelming yes meaning a ton of people recently voted no.

Why shouldn't it be a yes?

Even if we were undefeated right now it should be a yes.

It was complete madness this offseason. Totally stomach turning, so many fights, stability was shifted, offense minded coach over a defensive one, Jeremy Bates being let go due to that, our starting young pro-bowl QB traded, 1st rounder for Smith, Marshall troubles.

This offseason was the worst I can remember.

... to echo Killericon, "It sucked, but it seems to have been worth it."

Do I want to experience one like this ever again? **** no... but if it makes us a better team I'll take it.

ColoradoDarin
12-02-2009, 08:50 AM
I still think it's a yes.

This poll used to be an overwhelming yes meaning a ton of people recently voted no.

Why shouldn't it be a yes?

Even if we were undefeated right now it should be a yes.

It was complete madness this offseason. Totally stomach turning, so many fights, stability was shifted, offense minded coach over a defensive one, Jeremy Bates being let go due to that, our starting young pro-bowl QB traded, 1st rounder for Smith, Marshall troubles.

This offseason was the worst I can remember.

... to echo Killericon, "It sucked, but it seems to have been worth it."

Do I want to experience one like this ever again? **** no... but if it makes us a better team I'll take it.

It's still a no. No one died.

NFLBRONCO
12-02-2009, 08:53 AM
I expect alot of change in 2010 so I expect another thread like this.

Rohirrim
12-02-2009, 08:54 AM

He's that dog that craps in your front yard in the morning when you're not looking. You'd love to put a stop to it, but at a certain point... you just accept that poop in the yard is part of life.

Or put down an electrified mesh. :~ohyah!:

TailgateNut
12-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Or put down an electrified mesh. :~ohyah!:

A friend of mine used to have a cat which would get on top of his flybridge bimini and claw the vinyl.

he put some aluminum foil on top, attached it to a nine volt battery, and never had the problem again.:~ohyah!:

Maybe we could rig one up for Lex, just up the voltage to 3ph480V:~ohyah!:

Rohirrim
12-02-2009, 10:07 AM
A friend of mine used to have a cat which would get on top of his flybridge bimini and claw the vinyl.

he put some aluminum foil on top, attached it to a nine volt battery, and never had the problem again.:~ohyah!:

Blast his ass into the stratosphere. :rofl:

TailgateNut
12-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Blast his ass into the stratosphere. :rofl:

The draft junkies might miss him:spit:

jhat01
12-02-2009, 10:14 AM

hahah, yeah remember the day that he posted like 100 threads in a matter of minutes? He was like a jilted lover trying to go all "fatal attraction" on the board. The dude is a piece of work that's for sure.

lex
12-02-2009, 03:45 PM
I still think it was the worst offseason, to experience, ever. We lost a player we all(including me) had faith in in Jay Cutler. We lost Mike Shanahan. It seemed to last forever.

It sucked, but it seems to have been worth it.

This. The season hasnt changed the fact that it was a bad offseason full of negative news.

lex
12-02-2009, 03:46 PM

Tough words for a guy names TailgateOvary.

Soul-Bronco
12-02-2009, 03:47 PM
This. The season hasnt changed the fact that it was a bad offseason full of negative news.

more like full of negative posters who went off of espn and nfl network for their seasons predictions.

lex
12-02-2009, 03:48 PM

STFU up. You predicted 4-12, dude. You dont have a leg to stand on.

lex
12-02-2009, 03:52 PM
more like full of negative posters who went off of espn and nfl network for their seasons predictions.

Thats not true at all. There were tons of people predicting 4-12, including Popps but some were defending McDaniels in the 4-12 scenario and others werent OK with going 4-12. The fact that so many people were predicting 4-12 actually speaks to what happened in the offseason. Even now there are people like Popps who wish that we would go 4-12 still just so he could express his unwavering love for his new hero, Josh McDaniels. I didnt even get into predicting a record. My expectations were for the team to win 10 games but that was an expectation and not a prediction.

Soul-Bronco
12-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Thats not true at all. There were tons of people predicting 4-12, including Popps but some were defending McDaniels in the 4-12 scenario and others werent OK with going 4-12. The fact that so many people were predicting 4-12 actually speaks to what happened in the offseason. Even now there are people like Popps who wish that we would go 4-12 still just so he could express his unwavering love for his new hero, Josh McDaniels. I didnt even get into predicting a record. My expectations were for the team to win 10 games but that was an expectation and not a prediction.

Or the fact that most people dont know squat about football, ethier way can be argued

watermock
12-02-2009, 04:21 PM
No, watching Wade Clueless was way worse.

broncocalijohn
12-02-2009, 09:47 PM

Your expectations were 10 wins because you had it all along that there was no way we would hit that mark and you would talk sheat all offseason in 2010 just like you did in 09 offseason. Well guess what Lex? The Broncos just might hit that mark and what will we get from your pie hole then?

Popps
12-02-2009, 09:52 PM
STFU up. You predicted 4-12, dude. You dont have a leg to stand on.

You can keep repeating that lie. Won't make it true. I said I thought we'd win 5-7 games, but that a couple more either way wouldn't shock me. I'm not sure why that's such shocking news to you... that a rebuilding team might have struggled. My point was that I was willing to stand by them, while you jumped ship to become a Bears fan.

This was never a prediction contest.

This was about who was behind the team's direction... and who wasn't.

I was.

You weren't.

As usual, you can't find your ass with both hands, and you're the object of public ridicule here. Just another day at the office for you.

Popps
12-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Your expectations were 10 wins because you had it all along that there was no way we would hit that mark and you would talk sheat all offseason in 2010 just like you did in 09 offseason. Well guess what Lex? The Broncos just might hit that mark and what will we get from your pie hole then?

Well, now he'll just say that he knew we would win that many games.

Of course, he spent the off-season trashing the organization and cursing ever move we made, but hey... he "predicted" we'd win ten games.

Apparently it's fine to hate the team, as long as you predict the right amount of wins. I guess that's the new measure of a good fan.

Killericon
12-02-2009, 10:15 PM
It should also be noted I've only really been a fan since 2004, so it's not like I have a hell of a lot to compare to.

Unless you count the NHL lockout of 04-05. Worst offseason EVER.

lex
12-03-2009, 12:04 AM
You can keep repeating that lie. Won't make it true. I said I thought we'd win 5-7 games, but that a couple more either way wouldn't shock me. I'm not sure why that's such shocking news to you... that a rebuilding team might have struggled. My point was that I was willing to stand by them, while you jumped ship to become a Bears fan.

This was never a prediction contest.

This was about who was behind the team's direction... and who wasn't.

I was.

You weren't.

As usual, you can't find your ass with both hands, and you're the object of public ridicule here. Just another day at the office for you.

Youre still popping off, Mr 4-12?

Popps
12-03-2009, 12:31 AM

I find it interesting how often Lex is correlated to animal droppings. Honestly, after making that logical comparison myself, I realized it was an overused analogy.

lex
12-03-2009, 12:35 AM
I find it interesting how often Lex is correlated to animal droppings. Honestly, after making that logical comparison myself, I realized it was an overused analogy.

I find it interesting that someone who calls himself Popps, spends so much time kvetching on an internet message board. For every 4-12 prediction you made that was time lost.

Popps
12-03-2009, 12:51 AM
I find it interesting that someone who calls himself Popps, spends so much time kvetching on an internet message board. For every 4-12 prediction you made that was time lost.

"Posting on a message board" smack from a guy who averages more posts per-day than I do.

Poor guy. It's all just gotten to be too much for you, huh?

Let me guess... your attack the children routine starts next?

lex
12-03-2009, 12:58 AM

"Posting on a message board" smack from a guy who averages more posts per-day than I do.

Poor guy. It's all just gotten to be too much for you, huh?

Let me guess... your attack the children routine starts next?

No, I feel sorry for your children. I thought that was pretty clear by my tone in my previous post. But again,...

BTW, you have some explaining to do in the thread you Ron Turner thread you bumped.

Popps
12-03-2009, 09:30 AM
No, I feel sorry for your children. I thought that was pretty clear by my tone in my previous post. But again,...

BTW, you have some explaining to do in the thread you Ron Turner thread you bumped.

Wow, Lex.

Another family attack. Unprovoked... you go after people's children and family life again. I'm not sure why that's so tempting to you. Maybe it's a jealousy issue. I've been blessed with a beautiful family. I'm sorry that's painful for you.

Maybe someone who attacks children on a message board is just trying to reach out and tell the world how sad they are.

SJ Bronco
12-03-2009, 10:00 AM

:loser:::)

TailgateNut
12-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Wow, Lex.

Another family attack. Unprovoked... you go after people's children and family life again. I'm not sure why that's so tempting to you. Maybe it's a jealousy issue. I've been blessed with a beautiful family. I'm sorry that's painful for you.

Maybe someone who attacks children on a message board is just trying to reach out and tell the world how sad they are.

It's better for all that some aren't lucky enough to have "offspring".

SJ Bronco
12-03-2009, 10:18 AM
It's better for all that some aren't lucky enough to have "offspring".

Are you saying that lex has been spayed?

TailgateNut
12-03-2009, 11:07 AM

One can only hope.

DenverBrit
12-03-2009, 12:10 PM

That would go nicely with his lobotomy.

Taco John
12-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Wow, Lex.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that he attacked anyone's children there, and you sort of provoked him in the previous post to respond to what you were saying.

I think we all know that if he seriously went after your kid (or wife), he'd get the boot. But what I'm seeing here isn't what I'd consider bannable.

Taco John
12-03-2009, 12:34 PM

Lex, fair warning though. You should avoid this kind of talk that involves people's children. You go into a gray area that quickly goes black when you do.

I ban based on how I'd react if it was my family involved. In this instance, I don't feel like you'd be attacking my kid so much as you'd be attacking me. But even an inch in that other direction and it would be a different story. You walk a fine line here.

Popps
12-03-2009, 12:38 PM
I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that he attacked anyone's children there, and you sort of provoked him in the previous post to respond to what you were saying.

I think we all know that if he seriously went after your kid (or wife), he'd get the boot. But what I'm seeing here isn't what I'd consider bannable.

Really?

Tell me where I asked him to comment on the mental status of my children, Taco. Show me where I mentioned my kids once. Show me where I mentioned his family members once.

You're allowing a big can of worms to be opened. You've been very smart about this in the past. It's a shame to see you screw up.

You've banned people REPEATEDLY for these EXACT comments in the past. (Ask Apa.)

I realize Lex is a troll and generates posts, but you've usually had more class than to allow that. I'd think with the near legal-miss this site has had, you'd be smarter.

Good luck. You should probably change your terms of service to indicate that it is O.K. to insult people's families and launch personal attacks on children.

Popps
12-03-2009, 12:39 PM
I think we all know that if he seriously went after your kid (or wife),

The irony here is, Lex has been banned for these EXACT kinds of statements in the past.

He's gone after people's kids on repeated occasions.

But, it's a new day at the Mane.

Enjoy, folks! Fire away!

Beantown Bronco
12-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Speaking of kids:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LdAjW7uuVMw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LdAjW7uuVMw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Taco John
12-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Really?

Tell me where I asked him to comment on the mental status of my children, Taco. Show me where I mentioned my kids once. Show me where I mentioned his family members once.

You're allowing a big can of worms to be opened. You've been very smart about this in the past. It's a shame to see you screw up.

You've banned people REPEATEDLY for these EXACT comments in the past. (Ask Apa.)

I realize Lex is a troll and generates posts, but you've usually had more class than to allow that. I'd think with the near legal-miss this site has had, you'd be smarter.

Good luck. You should probably change your terms of service to indicate that it is O.K. to insult people's families and launch personal attacks on children.

I think that you're being a bit dramatic, as you have a tendancy to do.

I don't think that what I've said constitutes a policy change in the least. I just think that it's a stretch to say that he attacked your kid here. I've been absent on vacation the last week or so, and haven't had any reports of Lex attacking anyone's family, so I can't comment on that. But you introduced the subject of children in this thread as far as I can tell (post #85), and he reposnded to your post.

OABB
12-03-2009, 01:04 PM
I think that you're being a bit dramatic, as you have a tendancy to do.

I don't think that what I've said constitutes a policy change in the least. I just think that it's a stretch to say that he attacked your kid here. I've been absent on vacation the last week or so, and haven't had any reports of Lex attacking anyone's family, so I can't comment on that. But you introduced the subject of children in this thread as far as I can tell (post #85), and he reposnded to your post.

Can you ban Lex just for being a douchebag? What about a vote? Or a master ignore feature? Or just give me his password so I can edit all his posts.

or maybe, you spam his email?

He likes spamming. he likes it enough to do it here.

Popps
12-03-2009, 01:40 PM
I But you introduced the subject of children in this thread as far as I can tell (post #85), and he reposnded to your post.

No, what was introduced was that he's been banned for attacking people's families in the past. The simple notion that he would do it again wasn't too hard to figure out.

Again, Taco... you've been pretty classy in this regard. But, no one is perfect.
You're just setting a very clear and distinct precedent here which allows family life and children to be regularly used as part of personal attacks.

As long as you're fine with that and what comes with it, it's your forum... you can run it as you see fit.

He made repeated attacks on the state of my children's lives. (Which of course he has no idea if I even have kids, or how old or how many.)

So, you said you base offenses on how you'd feel. You'd be cool if he attacked your wife's ability to raise your kids and called your kids neglected and or abused? Just curious.

Just odd, because I thought you had a fairly black and white policy involving bringing kids/family into it. Seems like you bend a lot of rules for Lex, and this goes way beyond what I thought your level of class would allow you to tolerate.

Rabb
12-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Can you ban Lex just for being a douchebag? What about a vote? Or a master ignore feature? Or just give me his password so I can edit all his posts.

or maybe, you spam his email?

He likes spamming. he likes it enough to do it here.

Cosign!!!

Taco John
12-03-2009, 01:49 PM
You're just setting a very clear and distinct precedent here which allows family life and children to be regularly used as part of personal attacks.

I disagree. If your children were under attack, I'd take quick action. But I don't think that's what happened here, and the reponse that I've gotten via PM and reps seems to agree. (ie. "Lex is a douche, but Popps is overreacting.")

Taco John
12-03-2009, 01:51 PM
So, you said you base offenses on how you'd feel. You'd be cool if he attacked your wife's ability to raise your kids and called your kids neglected and or abused? Just curious.

If he attacked your wife in this manner, I haven't seen it. Link?

Popps
12-03-2009, 02:48 PM
If he attacked your wife in this manner, I haven't seen it. Link?

Again, Taco... I thought you had a clear-cut rule on family. I didn't realize that sometimes it was O.K. to attack children. I'll keep that in mind.

When someone makes (several) distinct and clear indications that someone's children are abused or neglected, I struggle to think of how much more information you would need to consider that a clear involvement of family.

In the past, you've been very succinct and clear on this: Any real references to real family members in a disparaging ways result in a vacation.

You've been consistent and fair with the rules. (i.e. you haven't banned anyone for a silly "yo momma" joke.)

So, as I said... the loser has no idea if I even have kids, and he thinks my user-name is a result of me having kids. (Which isn't not, I've had the nick-name for 20 years.) So, he's not going to affect me.

But, it's just interesting that you're allowing a new precedent to be set that allows repeated, distinct and clear slander on someone's children.

Whether someone references your wife abusing your kids, or you doing it... it's still slandering family and children, something you had stood against in the past.

As I said, the changes in policy have been duly noted.

Ambiguous
12-03-2009, 03:14 PM
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8881/177061d68e97f5e8457375eke6.jpg

Taco John
12-03-2009, 03:16 PM
But, it's just interesting that you're allowing a new precedent to be set that allows repeated, distinct and clear slander on someone's children.

And I think that this is the funhouse mirror version of what is happening here. For what it's worth, I think what Lex did was definitely douchey and lacked class.

Popps
12-03-2009, 03:26 PM
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8881/177061d68e97f5e8457375eke6.jpg

http://stalkingelmo.net/random/funny_pics/SeriousCat2.jpg

lex
12-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Wow, Lex.

Youre obviously not smart enough to distinguish between a comment about you and a comment about your family. There was nothing derogatroy said about your family. But I like how you try to pretend that there was and use them as some sort of shield. Nice.

Popps
12-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Youre obviously not smart enough to distinguish between a comment about you and a comment about your family. There was nothing derogatroy said about your family. But I like how you try to pretend that there was and use them as some sort of shield. Nice.

Look, you've already been banned for it.. so let's not pretend this isn't your MO. Why Taco is changing his TOS for this one is anyone's guess.

Lex, you have no idea who my family even is. You have no idea if I have kids. You're just a sad little lonely person on the internet who attacks children from the safety of your mom's garage, or wherever you live.

Why don't you drop it before you get angry again and go after a toddler.. or someone's wife or grandparents.

But, please keep reminding us all how smart you are. Seems you've got a big following around here that really buys into that concept.

Smart people usually need to attack children.

lex
12-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Look, you've already been banned for it.. so let's not pretend this isn't your MO. Why Taco is changing his TOS for this one is anyone's guess.

Lex, you have no idea who my family even is. You have no idea if I have kids. You're just a sad little lonely person on the internet who attacks children from the safety of your mom's garage, or wherever you live.

Why don't you drop it before you get angry again and go after a toddler.. or someone's wife or grandparents.

But, please keep reminding us all how smart you are. Seems you've got a big following around here that really buys into that concept.

Smart people usually need to attack children.

I didnt attack your children. That kind of makes this entire post another pointless bitchfest. Maybe the other angry women can provide you a support group?

jhns
12-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Wow...... If you are being serious popps, you are pretty pathetic. You crying about something that isn't there is entertaining though. You crying about someone that trolls with personal attacks is pretty funny as well. Everything that you are crying about lex doing in all of these threads today is all stuff that you do all day. Of course, to you it is everyone else that is the problem.

The owner of this site also doesn't have to answer to you. If I was him, I wouldn't even explain this stuff. He can ban who he wants and let others stay around if he wants. You want to have control? Make your own site. I'm sure you will get a big following and it will be very successful. Crying just isn't the solution. Although, you should keep the crying up because it makes for some good reading material.

SJ Bronco
12-03-2009, 06:14 PM
I didnt attack your children. That kind of makes this entire post another pointless b****fest. Maybe the other angry women can provide you a support group?

Wait? What do you have against women?:poke:

OABB
12-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Nothing. He has nothing at all against them. Literally. But theyvhave restraining orders against him.

HAT
12-03-2009, 06:20 PM
I didnt attack your children. That kind of makes this entire post another pointless b****fest. Maybe the other angry women can provide you a support group?

THAT"S SEXIST!!! :blueflame

SJ Bronco
12-03-2009, 06:25 PM
THAT"S SEXIST!!! :blueflame

You gonna let him say that about you Lex?:redpunch:

SJ Bronco
12-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Nothing. He has nothing at all against them. Literally. But theyvhave restraining orders against him.

Well, he doesn't know he's the boards laughing stock (tied with BW) so I'm guessing he's gonna break a few of those restraining orders and claim ignorance. Did i say "Claim"? My bad;D