PDA

View Full Version : Twitter: Do you use it?

Taco John
03-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Just curious out there who is using Twitter yet...

Boobs McGee
03-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Just from reading the faq's on the main page...it kinda seems like the updates feature on myspace, or the wall to wall feature on facebook. What's different about it, or maybe a better question...why would I be more inclined to use it over the other two?

Do you have it taco?

how is it?

Archer81
03-22-2009, 10:47 PM
I like twitter. Just another way to connect.

:Broncos:

BigPlayShay
03-22-2009, 10:49 PM
I have not "twatted" as Stephen Colbert so eloquently stated:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E4EoN4nr5FQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E4EoN4nr5FQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

But I have read other's tweets. Here is another video that pretty much sums up Twitter:

<object width="400" height="342">
<param name="movie" value="http://current.com/e/89891774/en_US"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://current.com/e/89891774/en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="342" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>

Broncobiv
03-22-2009, 10:59 PM
So when did this fad pop up?

Dagmar
03-22-2009, 11:14 PM
No. Society is going down the crapper!

Pick Six
03-22-2009, 11:30 PM
A what? If it was around back then, Ashley Lelie could have been a quitter by using his Twitter...

Taco John
03-22-2009, 11:34 PM
I think Twitter is the future of the Internet. I'm just starting to open up to the possibilities of it. I think the concept is going to revolutionize the Internet.

TDmvp
03-22-2009, 11:43 PM
I think Twitter is the future of the Internet. I'm just starting to open up to the possibilities of it. I think the concept is going to revolutionize the Internet.

really ?

The future ???

I don't know about all that ...

OrangeRising
03-22-2009, 11:44 PM
It looks like fun, both writing and reading. I just haven't taken the plunge as yet.

Taco John
03-22-2009, 11:54 PM
really ?

The future ???

I don't know about all that ...

Yes. I think in 5 years, you'll be suprised to know someone who doesn't use Twitter in some form or fashion. It's being used like a toy right now - which is good, because they've established a foundation and have proven the model. But keep your eye on FaceBook and Twitter. Both are the next big Internet powerhouses (think Google).

BigPlayShay
03-23-2009, 12:05 AM
Yes. I think in 5 years, you'll be suprised to know someone who doesn't use Twitter in some form or fashion. It's being used like a toy right now - which is good, because they've established a foundation and have proven the model. But keep your eye on FaceBook and Twitter. Both are the next big Internet powerhouses (think Google).

I agree with you TJ, I think Twitter has a lot of promise, especially in the realm of real time search.

Ratboy
03-23-2009, 12:06 AM

:rofl: The internet is more vast than a few networking sites. Twitter is just another fad, and when this dies down (like myspace), we can go back to looking for pron.

I do agree the concept of these are great, nothing like letting the people who may/may not care about you know that you went to the grocery store.

BroncsRule
03-23-2009, 12:20 AM
Really??

As I understand it, the concept is to develop a base of contacts that you "twit" to.. short text bursts on what you're doing right that moment.

Most of what I do during any given day (or week) is not Twit worthy.

And I'll be damned if I'll invest the time and energy into developing the network in advance for my once in a blue moon twittable moment..

The whole concept is untenable. It is not possible to be cool twittering about a cool moment.

Various members of congress proved this recently: During Obama's address to congress last month, many congressmen and dignitaries were caught Twittering - "OMG!! I am totally at the President's speech!!!"

If you have the good fortune to have a truly Twittable moment, are you really going to ruin it by Twitting about it?

I'm not.

Taco, please elucidate what I'm missing in the potential(s) presented by this new technology?

Bronco X
03-23-2009, 12:28 AM

I'm really curious why. I seem to understand how this twitter thing works but I don't get the appeal.

Of course I'm someone who had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the world of text messaging. I know people who only communicate through texts, they never actually use their phone for speaking. You have no choice but to text if you want to contact them. I'll admit I'm getting used to it but it's still a drag compared to every other form of communication.

So twitter is text messaging to anyone who cares to read it. Mini blogging. And this is going to take over the world how? Why? What am I missing?

OBF1
03-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Is this the new anal lube that Dortoh is talking up ???

Archer81
03-23-2009, 12:33 AM
For anyone who wants to know, I use Sirhcyennek81 for everything. Twitter, facebook, myspace and Playstation network.

SureShot
03-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Really??

As I understand it, the concept is to develop a base of contacts that you "twit" to.. short text bursts on what you're doing right that moment.

I thought that was what Spider uses the Mane for.

Hogan11
03-23-2009, 12:40 AM
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/26/l_582cdff1069248e69a9c35ab7622f311.png

This is the shirt for you then

Taco John
03-23-2009, 01:00 AM
I can't get into it all right now... It's late, and I'm bleary eyed. I'm working on a presentation of Twitter for my company, and a tag along business plan "how can we use it to increase our business" type of thing... and I'm here to say

"The Revolution will be Twittered."

Hogan11
03-23-2009, 01:01 AM

If it is, it'll be over with fast.

Archer81
03-23-2009, 01:02 AM
Twitter is a rapid information transfer system. Facebook and it are alot alike. It will be a big part of the next 5 years or so of the internet.

baja
03-23-2009, 01:08 AM
Theoretically with this software one thought, one idea, 'the word' can be available to the entire world at the same instant.

That's not a small thing when you think about the hundredth monkey effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_Monkey

Don Flamenco
03-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Yup.

For those that use it check out Christopher Walken's page (http://twitter.com/cwalken) page. That guy is a genius.

Check out my page too
http://twitter.com/TheNunilizer

NUB
03-23-2009, 02:28 AM
:rofl: The internet is more vast than a few networking sites. Twitter is just another fad, and when this dies down (like myspace), we can go back to looking for pron.

I do agree the concept of these are great, nothing like letting the people who may/may not care about you know that you went to the grocery store.

This. With X amount of time all these things come and go on the internet.

Just as the only sure things in life are taxes and death, the only sure thing on the internet is pr0n.

UberBroncoMan
03-23-2009, 03:06 AM
I have Twitter but I don't use it that much...

KillerBronco#76
03-23-2009, 03:41 AM
no, thank god, and i was even lucky enough to know nothing about it until this poll.

WolfpackGuy
03-23-2009, 07:39 AM
A couple local TV chicks I know said their station is MAKING them and their fellow anchors/reporters use it. No joke.

It seems like a text message/blog hybrid to me.

El Guapo
03-23-2009, 08:33 AM
So when did this fad pop up?

Its about 2 years ago and was first introduced at SXSW. I use it for social marketing purposes, not so much for personal use.

HEAV
03-23-2009, 08:47 AM
I know about it, and have no desire to use it. I check out Opie (O&A) twitter to see photos and get info on the show.

But I really don't see Twit being anything more a cellphone version of myspace/facebook for people on the go.

OABB
03-23-2009, 09:52 AM
It's bizzare, all this tech that is designed to help people communicate is actually making people more distant.

People actually consider their 1's and 0's friends in cyberspace actual people that care about them.

the truth is, all these sights are just for selfish, attention whores who have nothing actually going on in their lives and just want to be worshipped and liked.

SO where do I sign up?

Archer81
03-23-2009, 09:56 AM
It's bizzare, all this tech that is designed to help people communicate is actually making people more distant.

People actually consider their 1's and 0's friends in cyberspace actual people that care about them.

the truth is, all these sights are just for selfish, attention whores who have nothing actually going on in their lives and just want to be worshipped and liked.

SO where do I sign up?

Atta boy...

broncosteven
03-23-2009, 10:25 AM
I used facebook for about a week.

I got board about hearing about what some crazy aquaintance was having for lunch every day and all the pictures of the younger "friends" popping up all the time.

Maybe it is that I don't hang with a bunch of hot 20 somethings and I didn't want to see how great their lives were. Dunno

I just started a book called "Glut". It is about how humans have documented their histories. We have gone from the great libraries of Alexandria to twitter...

Not sure if that is a good thing.

alkemical
03-23-2009, 10:26 AM
I get annoyed with twitter - just like those people that update their myspace & facebook status a hundred times a day.

With the internet...everyone has a voice - now everyone doesn't think they are being heard - so they are turning the volume up.

I think twitter is the future - but i think it's annoying and over the top. It's sorta like an RSS feed of "your status".

I think i'll start putting "i'm taking a ****" or - "WTF is that" just to make a point.

alkemical
03-23-2009, 10:27 AM
I know about it, and have no desire to use it. I check out Opie (O&A) twitter to see photos and get info on the show.

But I really don't see Twit being anything more a cellphone version of myspace/facebook for people on the go.

and they have mobile versions. I have facebook stuff SMS'd to me - it was by default - but if someone sends me a message i can reply.

I also use SMS google services too.

broncosteven
03-23-2009, 10:32 AM
I did read an Article in the Chicago Trib (Print edition off my driveway) about how companies are using Twitter to get cupons out to customers or inform them of recalls or new products.

I am too old to figure out how that is better than using the traditional media other than the fact that traditional media may be dead in a year or 2 or less...

alkemical
03-23-2009, 10:32 AM

SO where do I sign up?

There's a lot of truth in that. It goes into the "volume" statement i made earlier. All the of the ways to "connect" force us to get our "reality" 2nd/3rd hand, etc. We then become dependent on it, etc.

I feel that TV, the internet, etc - is what creates this "ADD America". Not by nec. fault. But i think that people don't balance out enough. If you life a hyperconnected life - think you should take 1 weekend out of the month with NO connection (or as little as possible).

Maybe i could make a fortune selling Thoreau vacations for burnt out upper/middle-classers.

broncosteven
03-23-2009, 10:33 AM
There's a lot of truth in that. It goes into the "volume" statement i made earlier. All the of the ways to "connect" force us to get our "reality" 2nd/3rd hand, etc. We then become dependent on it, etc.

I feel that TV, the internet, etc - is what creates this "ADD America". Not by nec. fault. But i think that people don't balance out enough. If you life a hyperconnected life - think you should take 1 weekend out of the month with NO connection (or as little as possible).

Maybe i could make a fortune selling Thoreau vacations for burnt out upper/middle-classers.

I pulled Moby Dick off my shelf and read it, the wife grabbed my copy of Walden. I think we were both burned out of the interNEtS..

alkemical
03-23-2009, 10:34 AM
I did read an Article in the Chicago Trib (Print edition off my driveway) about how companies are using Twitter to get cupons out to customers or inform them of recalls or new products.

I am too old to figure out how that is better than using the traditional media other than the fact that traditional media may be dead in a year or 2 or less...

I don't think print will ever be totally dead.

I'm embracing the new "media/mediums" with my magazine. (I'm working on mobile content/subscriptions). But i find print to be still...one of those things that's hard to explain. But my print model is very limited, and lots of DIY (Here's a PDF, you print).

I do have a limited run of 50 copies in print - i find print to be different. I think your brain absorbs/consumes it differently.

alkemical
03-23-2009, 10:38 AM
I pulled Moby Dick off my shelf and read it, the wife grabbed my copy of Walden. I think we were both burned out of the interNEtS..

Ya, i have a windows mobile smart phone (pantech duo) - i get all my email - do lots of mobile surfing, etc -

but there is NOTHING like a book or a magazine - where you can just absorb it. People think imagination is limited to youth, but the fact is imagination is important in adulthood. You have to give your self the right things to consume to let it go/flow.

I think digital media (even more so than TV) - is random, and short - and it doesn't focus people's attention (or people are unwilling to do so) - and a lot gets lost.

I am not saying everyone has to read tons of books, but it's like practice/working out, etc - i think some things just need to be done for the health of the individual.

(Mental health is one of those).

PS - Moby dick? Wow, that's dry. lol - trust me - i love HD Thoreau - but some of those guys (and ones i like) - whew - it takes some coffee to read.

OABB
03-23-2009, 10:38 AM

It's not too far from the Matrix when you think about it. We are plugged into a false universe and that distraction keeps us from facing the cold hard truth that we are meaningless.

The individual is dead, but he is twittering about the pb&j sandwich he is making.

Christ, that was depressing. sorry.

I am going to go to twitter and talk about the cigarette I just had, maybe that will cheer me up.

alkemical
03-23-2009, 10:40 AM
It's not too far from the Matrix when you think about it. We are plugged into a false universe and that distraction keeps us from facing the cold hard truth that we are meaningless.

The individual is dead, but he is twittering about the pb&j sandwich he is making.

Christ, that was depressing. sorry.

I am going to go to twitter and talk about the cigarette I just had, maybe that will cheer me up.

It's beyond just the matrix - it's the next level in the matrix. The illusion within the illusion.

In some ways - i can make an argument that today's "e-world" - makes everything disposable - is actually a form of zen - Non-attachment.

But... It's like a weird psuedo version of it at the same time.

baja
03-23-2009, 10:44 AM
I get annoyed with twitter - just like those people that update their myspace & facebook status a hundred times a day.

With the internet...everyone has a voice - now everyone doesn't think they are being heard - so they are turning the volume up.

I think twitter is the future - but i think it's annoying and over the top. It's sorta like an RSS feed of "your status".

I think i'll start putting "i'm taking a ****" or - "WTF is that" just to make a point.

But we can use it in the revolution

OABB
03-23-2009, 10:44 AM
It's beyond just the matrix - it's the next level in the matrix. The illusion within the illusion.

In some ways - i can make an argument that today's "e-world" - makes everything disposable - is actually a form of zen - Non-attachment.

But... It's like a weird psuedo version of it at the same time.

Except the Blackberry is affectionately coined the Crackberry..... People are more attached to this nonsense than they are their own lives...

Hell, I'm on this damn site 24 hours a day.

alkemical
03-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Except the Blackberry is affectionately coined the Crackberry..... People are more attached to this nonsense than they are their own lives...

Hell, I'm on this damn site 24 hours a day.

Exactly. It's interesting. You ever hear of Marshall McLuhan?

alkemical
03-23-2009, 10:47 AM
But we can use it in the revolution

Of course, it's another resource - but also - with online "honeypots" - they aren't exactly "secret".

OABB
03-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Exactly. It's interesting. You ever hear of Marshall McLuhan?

No...I'll go check him out now....

Oh god, here I go, about to embark and an endless internet search where I shirk my work responsibilities and lose hours of my actual real life.

At least it will be interesting, no?

I know I had a blast searching "Clavicula Salomonis".

alkemical
03-23-2009, 11:02 AM
No...I'll go check him out now....

Oh god, here I go, about to embark and an endless internet search where I shirk my work responsibilities and lose hours of my actual real life.

At least it will be interesting, no?

I know I had a blast searching "Clavicula Salomonis".

lol @ the clavicula solomonis...

He's cool - I learned a lot about media from him - so it was kinda like an education.

crawdad
03-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Twitter will get you fired according to:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29796962/wid/11915829?GT1=40000

Bronco Yoda
03-23-2009, 12:27 PM
How do we even know that these people (ex. stars for example) are the twits twitting.

I lost all faith in The Internetty thing once I learned most of mocks rants were really contracted out by a villiage in south east Asia.

TDmvp
03-23-2009, 01:44 PM
There is this thing called a phone ...
look into it...

Archer81
03-23-2009, 01:47 PM
There is this thing called a phone ...
look into it...

Phones are expensive.

Rock Chalk
03-23-2009, 01:51 PM
I dont do social networking.

I made a myspace page and facebook page a long time ago but I havent even looked in on either of them almost since they were created.

I dont understand what's so great about them, or why I need to connect to assholes I didnt like in the first place.

Archer81
03-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Cheap way for me to stay in contact with family in CA, MI, CT and PA. If I didnt my phone bills would be insane and I dont have the patience to sit, write a letter, put it in an envelope and send it off in the mail.

Rock Chalk
03-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey Chris, they have this new invention called EMAIL. Its free, allows you to stay connected with family, and you dont have to see advertisements splashed all over the place :)

Archer81
03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey Chris, they have this new invention called EMAIL. Its free, allows you to stay connected with family, and you dont have to see advertisements splashed all over the place :)

Hmm...e...mail...sounds like witch craft...BURN HIM...

Taco John
03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
I think Email is about to be replaced in large part by FaceBook...

Taco John
03-23-2009, 03:54 PM

...I guess I should caveat that... Not business email - but personal email. I already know people who communicate with their friends almost exclusively through FaceBook.

Dagmar
03-23-2009, 04:17 PM
I dont do social networking.

I made a myspace page and facebook page a long time ago but I havent even looked in on either of them almost since they were created.

I dont understand what's so great about them, or why I need to connect to a-holes I didnt like in the first place.

These are my exact feelings.

Why do some people believe their friends want to read their dull diary??

Ratboy
03-23-2009, 04:48 PM

Explain.

Dagmar
03-23-2009, 04:55 PM

For 12 year old emo kids.

Taco John
03-23-2009, 05:10 PM
For 12 year old emo kids.

You're wrong about that. FaceBook is the fastest growing website for users over 30 on the Internet.

Dagmar
03-23-2009, 05:13 PM
You're wrong about that. FaceBook is the fastest growing website for users over 30 on the Internet.

Fair enough. I just hate all these people who I went to school with adding me as a friend. If they were friends, I would have cared to keep in contact!

BigPlayShay
03-23-2009, 05:15 PM

They still have to find a way to effectively monetize it.

Taco John
03-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Explain.

Tons of reasons, but the main one is that it's easy to keep in contact with people on facebook. You don't have to remember email addresses. You get to see their faces. People push out information on what they're up to. It's great for mobility. You can easily create networks and use their group pages for connecting and planning.

Email will never go away... Just like a lot of people still use their land lines, but keep a mobile number they will keep an email address and use facebook.

But Facebook has barely scratched the surface of it's potential, and Twitter is in it's gold rush phase right now as businesses are starting to turn on to its potential - and largely Business *still* doesn't get it yet. But they will...

Taco John
03-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Fair enough. I just hate all these people who I went to school with adding me as a friend. If they were friends, I would have cared to keep in contact!

Yeah, I hear that. It's annoying.

HAT
03-23-2009, 05:49 PM
...I guess I should caveat that... Not business email - but personal email. I already know people who communicate with their friends almost exclusively through FaceBook.

I'm surprised that they haven't already completely revamped their email interface. They finally added a search function for your FB inbox which is good for the people you already communicate with on FB I guess.

But why not just completely upgrade the mail service (read: make it more like Gmail).....and let people start using xxxxxxx@facebook.com as their primary email? I mean, it's not like it's that hard to have a FB tab & gmail tab open at the same time, but it seems to me that FB is missing a golden opportunity here.

If FB offered full function email & contacts, I'm sure there are millions of existing FB users who would bail on Yahoo mail & Gmail altogether (and Flickr & picasa to boot).

HAT
03-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I hear that. It's annoying.

And it's also very easy to simply click "ignore friend request".

HAT
03-23-2009, 05:52 PM
So who's going to start the FB group...."I post at the orangemane.com" ?

Rock Chalk
03-23-2009, 06:00 PM

Haha.

Isaac, honestly, that may be true for some people. But most people it is not. I dont know a single person (personally that is) on Facebook. Everyone that has "added" me on Facebook is from...the OrangeMane!

This is all the social networking I need. Anymore a-holes in my life and I might shoot someone :)
edit:
Let me add, all the people I know are both internet savvy and over 30. So that fits into the facebook category and none of them use it.

Facebook is just another fad. Its not useful.

As for remembering email, thats a retarded argument. Gmail, hotmail, yahoo, and every other email client automatically remembers used emails. You can simply type in the name of the person and it inserts their email and if you use Outlook not only can you do that but you can organize email so much easier. (Thunderbird, Outlook, any of the high end Email clients. Thunderbird kinda sucks though, and by kinda I mean royally).

If you find yourself on Facebook, you might be gay (no offense Chris)

Blart
03-23-2009, 06:40 PM
I am petting my cat, she is purring

UPDATE
I have to go pee

Spider
03-23-2009, 06:40 PM
I used twiiters a time or 2 back in the day only we called them white crosses , west cost turn arounds , robin eggs ..........

broncosteven
03-23-2009, 08:03 PM
PS - Moby dick? Wow, that's dry. lol - trust me - i love HD Thoreau - but some of those guys (and ones i like) - whew - it takes some coffee to read.

Yep there were chapters of Whale anatomy that were tough to get through even when I tried my "How to read a book" speed reading tech but I am proud to say I read it.

Plus the fact that Kahn's speech at the end of Wrath of Kahn is stole from Ahab, which I never would have known:

"to the last I grapple with thee;from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"

I think Kahn's theme is that of Ahab's and it is even more fun to read books written 160 years ago that were used in Movies from 30 years ago and you can really tell how the Myth is retold in a new way and exposed to a whole new audience.

I can't wait to rewatch Wrath of Kahn now with the knowledge of the Ahab theme.

I expect to read Tale of 2 cities also, I cannot wait to read Dicken's with my kids.

Taco John
03-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Haha.

Isaac, honestly, that may be true for some people. But most people it is not. I dont know a single person (personally that is) on Facebook. Everyone that has "added" me on Facebook is from...the OrangeMane!

This is all the social networking I need. Anymore a-holes in my life and I might shoot someone :)
edit:
Let me add, all the people I know are both internet savvy and over 30. So that fits into the facebook category and none of them use it.

Facebook is just another fad. Its not useful.

As for remembering email, thats a retarded argument. Gmail, hotmail, yahoo, and every other email client automatically remembers used emails. You can simply type in the name of the person and it inserts their email and if you use Outlook not only can you do that but you can organize email so much easier. (Thunderbird, Outlook, any of the high end Email clients. Thunderbird kinda sucks though, and by kinda I mean royally).

If you find yourself on Facebook, you might be gay (no offense Chris)

If you're serious about web development, SEO and all that, you'd better get hip to Twitter and Facebook real fast. They're both going to be huge. Mark my words, my friend. The sooner you get ahead of the learning curve, the better off you're going to be. That's where all the new money is going to be made on the Internet. Web 2.0 is being left in the dust for Web 3.0.

Archer81
03-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Yep there were chapters of Whale anatomy that were tough to get through even when I tried my "How to read a book" speed reading tech but I am proud to say I read it.

Plus the fact that Kahn's speech at the end of Wrath of Kahn is stole from Ahab, which I never would have known:

"to the last I grapple with thee;from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee"

I think Kahn's theme is that of Ahab's and it is even more fun to read books written 160 years ago that were used in Movies from 30 years ago and you can really tell how the Myth is retold in a new way and exposed to a whole new audience.

I can't wait to rewatch Wrath of Kahn now with the knowledge of the Ahab theme.

I expect to read Tale of 2 cities also, I cannot wait to read Dicken's with my kids.

Khan spouts alot of literature in that flick. Hes a super genius.

broncosteven
03-23-2009, 08:21 PM

All the good ST movies (the even ones) are full of excellent Lit. the Klingon in ST6 played by Christopher "Edelwiss" Plummer spouted all sorts of Shakespeare

baja
03-23-2009, 08:38 PM
If you're serious about web development, SEO and all that, you'd better get hip to Twitter and Facebook real fast. They're both going to be huge. Mark my words, my friend. <b> The sooner you get ahead of the learning curve, the better off you're going to be. That's where all the new money is going to be made on the Internet. Web 2.0 is being left in the dust for Web 3.0.

TJ is right, welcome to the ultimate network marketing platform. Build you network now you won't be disappointed.

broncosteven
03-23-2009, 08:52 PM
If you're serious about web development, SEO and all that, you'd better get hip to Twitter and Facebook real fast. They're both going to be huge. Mark my words, my friend. The sooner you get ahead of the learning curve, the better off you're going to be. That's where all the new money is going to be made on the Internet. Web 2.0 is being left in the dust for Web 3.0.

The problem is that Web 2.0 is only about 2-3 (3-4) years old. If Web 3.0 lasts as long as web 2.0 it is almost a waste of time.

I love how Microsoft sells Sharepoint as this great Web 2.0 tool, anyone can start a sharepoint site to host data, data that is embedded in someone elses Sharepoint site.

People think disk storage is cheap, which it is but someone has to manage the data and it is a waste to backup all that useless replicated data stored all over sharepoint servers.

When IBM started their 1st website they found that people get lost after they go about 5 pages deep into a hierarchical structure.

Data rot sets in and company's spend lots of time and network resources backing up a site that may have been active for a few weeks at a time and then abandoned.

I hope Web 4.0 focuses on how all data is indexed.

I am starting to regurgitate from the book "Glut" but the dude is right on the money. We do not need multiple places to get the info, just have it indexed properly and have one place to pull the data from.

Anyone interested in data management or history of data retention really needs to read this booK!

http://www.amazon.com/Glut-Alex-Wright/dp/0309102383

Archer81
03-23-2009, 08:57 PM
All the good ST movies (the even ones) are full of excellent Lit. the Klingon in ST6 played by Christopher "Edelwiss" Plummer spouted all sorts of Shakespeare

Yes he does. I thought that was a weak attempt to mirror ST2, or the federation just has very poetic enemies.

broncosteven
03-23-2009, 09:03 PM
Yes he does. I thought that was a weak attempt to mirror ST2, or the federation just has very poetic enemies.

You think King Henry V really said this at the battle of Agincourt?
KING HENRY V
What's he that wishes so?
My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin:
If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires:
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England:
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more, methinks, would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made
And crowns for convoy put into his purse:
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is called the feast of Crispian:
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
Familiar in his mouth as household words
Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Rock Chalk
03-23-2009, 09:17 PM

Wrong.

LOL, Web 2.0, web 3.0.

Its just the web. Techniques used in developing it havent changed, just evolved. AJAX is the big buzzword and what Web 2.0 really is all about but it was developed in the ****ing 90s and has been used all over from the beginning.

Its just Javascripting combined with some sort of server side language. I can develop in any platform using most any code. I am well aware of all the latest techniques for development. Trust me Isaac, Social networking is never going to be as prominent and dominant as you think it is. It will always be around sure, but militia is right, the next phase of the web is combining search with better indexing and data management.

"Cloud" computing is going to be the next big programming fad that leads to more efficient use of coding but it will again only be part of it. I dont need to use Facebook or twitter or be involved in any of it, as long as I know how to program for it which takes all of 2 or 3 days of going over its API.

Easy.

To use facebook, is for fags though. Fag.

Archer81
03-23-2009, 09:17 PM
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

I picture Kenneth Brannaugh whenever I read or hear this. Shakespeare was long winded.

broncosteven
03-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Wrong.

LOL, Web 2.0, web 3.0.

Its just the web. Techniques used in developing it havent changed, just evolved. AJAX is the big buzzword and what Web 2.0 really is all about but it was developed in the ****ing 90s and has been used all over from the beginning.

Its just Javascripting combined with some sort of server side language. I can develop in any platform using most any code. I am well aware of all the latest techniques for development. Trust me Isaac, Social networking is never going to be as prominent and dominant as you think it is. It will always be around sure, but militia is right, the next phase of the web is combining search with better indexing and data management.

"Cloud" computing is going to be the next big programming fad that leads to more efficient use of coding but it will again only be part of it. I dont need to use Facebook or twitter or be involved in any of it, as long as I know how to program for it which takes all of 2 or 3 days of going over its API.

Easy.

To use facebook, is for fags though. Fag.

****ing gay!

broncosteven
03-23-2009, 09:26 PM
I picture Kenneth Brannaugh whenever I read or hear this. Shakespeare was long winded.

You need to see Lawrence Olivier's Henry V, I really like all of his Shakespeare movies except for Othello he tries to act too souther slave black rather than speaking the text.

Branagh copied Olivier's Henry V.

I like Branagh's stuff also.

DHallblows
03-23-2009, 09:58 PM
1) I wasn't aware Facebook wasn't already big???
2) To suggest Facebook is gay shows a lack of knowledge of anything involving the internet.

HEAV
03-23-2009, 10:12 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PN2HAroA12w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PN2HAroA12w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hogan11
03-23-2009, 10:21 PM
MySpace is only useful because bands use it more and more as their main website.

I can't get into Facebook, people who have me as thier "friend" know how neglectful I am with my page...it just kinda leaves me cold.

Not interested in Twitter either...all it does is reminds me of Rick Sanchez and that's bad enough to make me against it.

Taco John
03-23-2009, 10:33 PM
The problem is that Web 2.0 is only about 2-3 (3-4) years old. If Web 3.0 lasts as long as web 2.0 it is almost a waste of time.

Web2.0 was a necessary bridge for Web3.0. Web 3.0 encompasses web 2.0, but takes it to a mobile level.

big56fan#1
03-23-2009, 10:35 PM
this like the 10th thing where twitter has come for me today, even as soon as I walk in the from work my wife asked if i heard of it. since i hadnt i went and checked out, its alright,i guess. I did decide to start an account there going by jollyfatguy, . seems like all the big sports people are in there and denver broncos too.

Taco John
03-24-2009, 12:08 AM
For anyone with Twitter... OrangeMane now has a twitter feed:

http://twitter.com/orangemane

alkemical
03-24-2009, 06:00 AM
For anyone with Twitter... OrangeMane now has a twitter feed:

damn you.

alkemical
03-24-2009, 06:06 AM
I like the differences between myspace and facebook.

On myspace - i am alkemical. On facebook - i'm more myself. Stuff that's on facebook is usually more "pop" - and i keep it... "safe". Internet reputations are largely important.

Mogulseeker
03-24-2009, 06:35 AM

From what I understand, Twitter is basically a toned-down version of Fackbook.

You have 'status updates' on Facebook and Twitter. The key is to leave them vague, and people will inquire.

My most recent status updates:

Nathan Anderson wishes they would stop trying to make Myoplex taste good by adding sugar or sorbitol. You don't eat/drink Myoplex for the taste; it will always taste bad, so you might as well make it healthier by not putting sugar or sugar alcohols in it. 11:21am

Nathan Anderson is seeking Amy, but he can't find her. Yesterday 10:33am

Nathan Anderson is a sheep in a wolf's clothing. Sun 11:33am

Nathan Anderson thinks it's a shame, as an environmentalist, that most Prius drivers are a-holes. Sat 8:01pm

Nathan Anderson blames Bus Cook. Sat 11:28am
- Dave Hearn at 1:10pm March 21: So do Elway and I.

Nathan Anderson is making chickpea masala and Darjeeling tea. March 20 at 6:55pm

Nathan Anderson numa numa yay, numa numa numa yay, mya hee, mya hoo, mya ha, mya ha-ha, numa numa yay, numa numa numa yay. March 20 at 8:33am

Nathan Anderson is looking at gym memberships in Denver starting in June. Anyone familiar with Forza? http://www.forzadenver.com/. March 19 at 2:09pm

Nathan Anderson played Madden last night for the first time in years. March 18 at 8:38am

Nathan Anderson is downloading tons of software and transferring files from his old MacBook to his new MacBook Pro.March 17 at 7:32pm
- Kerri Anne likes this.

Nathan Anderson is not giving out food stamps. So quit coming into his office and going through his copy of the Times, and get your own damn coupons. March 17 at 12:13pm

Nathan Anderson has a 19" Zildjian A Custom Crash and the new MacBook Pro (2.8ghz/4gb RAM/200gb HD @ 7200rpm) waiting for him at the Fedex shipping facility in Lewiston, Maine. March 17 at 8:50am

Nathan Anderson is almost in April and still scraping ice off his windshield in the morning. March 17 at 8:10am
- Shannon Kirby Neel at 9:03am March 17: Ha...we have had multiple days is in the high 60's and even 70's here in Denver. I don't even remember ther last time I had ice or snow. (Not that I'd mind a little, it is COLORADO after all!

Nathan Anderson would love to mushroom stamp Josh McDaniels right about now. March 16 at 6:34am

Nathan Anderson:Jay Cutler IS the Broncos QB > McDaniels as coach. March 15 at 1:38pm

Nathan Anderson wants to read your body with less than a look, got a dream girl in his mind that's the hook, a sexual intellectual that still can cook. March 14 at 8:03pm

Nathan Anderson's eating tabouleh. March 14 at 1:56pm

Nathan Anderson was listening to the new U2 CD, and as he was force quitting Firefox and dragging something to trash, he hears Bono sing "Force quit ... and move to trash" ... weird. March 12 at 9:13pm

Nathan Anderson is going to see The Ting Tings at Newbury Comics. March 12 at 9:25pm
When: Wednesday, Mar 18 @ 5:00 PM
Where: Newbury Comics in Boston, Massachusetts .

Nathan Anderson is trying to decide between a 20" A Custom Crash or a 19" A Custom Projection Crash. March 12 at 6:23pm

Nathan Anderson is falling into old habits. March 12 at 12:22pm

Nathan Anderson needs some friggin coffee. March 12 at 9:16am.

Nathan Anderson is at Bowdoin, in a lecture on game theory with former congressman Tom Allen. March 11 at 5:48pm

Nathan Anderson just answered an interview question. March 11 at 9:52am
If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?... Nathan answered Whoever Scarlett Johansson is with at the time

Nathan Anderson heard his trainer say "grab your balls and head to the gym" and thought of it as a double entandre. March 10 at 3:56pm

Nathan Anderson is pretty sure you're NOT going to regret this tomorow morning. March 10 at 8:17am
- Lena Ann Peter at 9:05am March 10: haha what?
- Nathan Anderson at 10:36am March 10: It's my new pickup line, lol.
- Lena Ann Peter at 11:24am March 10: let me know how that goes, I'm in the market... haha
- Nathan Anderson at 12:39pm March 10: On the prowl...
- Lena Ann Peter at 1:59pm March 10: haha actually not really... but I'd still be curious to hear of your sucess, or lack there of, with your new line!...
- Nathan Anderson at 2:50pm March 10: Hey, baby, if you give me a shot, I'm pretty sure you wont regret it tomorow morning...
- Lena Ann Peter at 4:12pm March 10: haha! Oh man Luka, if I wasn't taken...

alkemical
03-24-2009, 08:43 AM
See, that's why i think twitter and the status update junkies are dumb as ****.

Kaylore
03-24-2009, 09:26 AM

Thank you! Good grief it's a quote for effect because he's a bad ass. It's not like the writers of Star Trek II were lazy and thought no one notice. ROFL!

Taco John
03-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Come on... You KNOW you want to join the Orange Mane Twitter feed! :)

TDmvp
03-24-2009, 02:27 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc10/mysacphotos/mikeink/pictures%20only/twittertweets.gif

It's just another fad T.J. sorry ....

Mirc for the win hehe ...

SureShot
03-24-2009, 02:33 PM
1) I wasn't aware Facebook wasn't already big???
2) To suggest Facebook is gay shows a lack of knowledge of anything involving the internet.

No really its gay.

TDmvp
03-24-2009, 02:36 PM
No really its gay.

LOL

You know SureShot you want to sign DHalls Facebook wall ... Come on now ...

heheh...

SureShot
03-24-2009, 02:39 PM
LOL

You know SureShot you want to sign DHalls Facebook wall ... Come on now ...

heheh...

Of course! Its super! Thanks for asking!

http://modmycomments.com/x/celeb-quotes/big-gay-al-im-super-thanks-for-asking.gif

broncosteven
03-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Thank you! Good grief it's a quote for effect because he's a bad ass. It's not like the writers of Star Trek II were lazy and thought no one notice. ROFL!

My someone is touchy today.

I should have used the word quote, but it wasn't presented that way in the movie. I didn't get the whole parallel until I read the book, I was praising the writers for using a masterwork from the english lit canon.

I didn't think of Ahab before when I watched the movie, I saw a stud with chicks hanging on both arms with his shirt open. Not a monomaniacal (as Ishmael called him) old Nantucket whaler with a wooden leg.

BTW everyone should read the 1st couple paragraphs of Mody Dick, the dude really set a great tempo and tone, he loses it and gets it back throughout the book but it I can see why it is considered a classic.

TDmvp
And for the record this may be one of the most lop sided polls ever ...
Trounced even ...

Twitter tho is nothing new or ground breaking ... It's like i heard someone the other day talking like IM's was going to do away with email ....

I thought well considering IMs have been around forever and email still remains I'm going to have to say nope ...

There isn't much that could happen that would be "ground breaking" ...

Like there was all that hype about 2nd life a few years ago and that worked out well ...

Nothing is that big of deal anymore cause there is so much to choose from.

telluride
Here's an incredibly good primer on all things Twitter:

http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/03/the-ultimate-guide-for-everything-twitter/

Hogan11
03-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Come on... You KNOW you want to join the Orange Mane Twitter feed! :)

Keep on a pushin' and sellin' that snake oil

mosca
03-24-2009, 03:40 PM
I can't get into it all right now... It's late, and I'm bleary eyed. I'm working on a presentation of Twitter for my company, and a tag along business plan "how can we use it to increase our business" type of thing... and I'm here to say

This mindset is what ends up ruining most Internet communication networks. That, and/or hackers.

First, there was UseNet, then IRC, then various forms of Webchat, then ICQ, then AIM, then the other knockoffs, then blogs, then MySpace, then Facebook, now it's Twitter.

Communication will continue to evolve. As long as we can stay ahead of the marketers and the hackers.

mosca
03-24-2009, 04:04 PM
So who's going to start the FB group...."I post at the orangemane.com" ?
You... you... you mean Facebook and/or Twitter are gonna be the death-knell for the Mane?!? Say it ain't so!

broncosteven
03-24-2009, 05:23 PM
This mindset is what ends up ruining most Internet communication networks. That, and/or hackers.

First, there was UseNet, then IRC, then various forms of Webchat, then ICQ, then AIM, then the other knockoffs, then blogs, then MySpace, then Facebook, now it's Twitter.

Communication will continue to evolve. As long as we can stay ahead of the marketers and the hackers.

Considering I have only been in the Chat room once and I find Chat rooms annoying I doubt I am going to use Twitter.

Maybe it is good for sales but I have no urge to use it.

How about someone making a frontend for all the boards people sign up for? condensing the forums into one interface would be more productive than twits.

ZachKC
03-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Imagine being able to look up anytime two people on the street had a conversation about your product and see what they had to say.

As a business owner imagine the value of that.

Take it a step forward. Imagine you being able to not just use that has valuable feedback but to have the ability to join into that conversation and create a customer service situation where there was none before.

That is one of the things Twitter can bring to the table.

I am surprised by someone people's reactions to it. Twitter is what you make of it. If you don't like hearing about what someone had for lunch then do not follow people who talk about what they had for lunch. Your Twitter reads are of your own making.

You can use Twitter to niche market like never before by listening and reacting to your customers. It is community building. It is about quality. The idea that instead of trying to get a huge number of random people to see your company is selling a shiny new bike you would rather be influencing bike shop owners to recommend this bike to you customers. A smaller amount of YOUR customers and YOUR customers only.

Targeting influencer's and using the trust they have built up with their readership is the name of the game.

ZachKC
03-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Full disclosure...I am Co-Founder of a company that teaches businesses how to use social media to connect with customers in new ways, build their brand, and use new media to build expertise and create revenue.

There are so many amazing things happening in the social space and it is fun as hell.

ZachKC
03-24-2009, 06:10 PM
News breaks faster on Twitter than anywhere else...I get breaking news on there before networks\websites break it.

Its been used to help with Amber Alerts.

A friend of a Twitter user's daughter went missing...he tried to get the word out on Twitter because they used the service and know a lot of people in the area...

4 hours after the original message it was being relayed at a rate of 250+ every 5 mins.

http://www.ideasandangles.com/2008/10/twitter-community-rolls-out-missing-girls-info-at-an-incredible-rate/

telluride
03-24-2009, 07:35 PM
That car site I mentioned the other day uses Twitter in a cool way:

http://twitter.com/MotorMouths

You can get reviews for any car via Twitter. (I'm car shopping, thus the pimping.)

broncosteven
03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Imagine being able to look up anytime two people on the street had a conversation about your product and see what they had to say.

As a business owner imagine the value of that.

Take it a step forward. Imagine you being able to not just use that has valuable feedback but to have the ability to join into that conversation and create a customer service situation where there was none before.

That is one of the things Twitter can bring to the table.

I am surprised by someone people's reactions to it. Twitter is what you make of it. If you don't like hearing about what someone had for lunch then do not follow people who talk about what they had for lunch. Your Twitter reads are of your own making.

You can use Twitter to niche market like never before by listening and reacting to your customers. It is community building. It is about quality. The idea that instead of trying to get a huge number of random people to see your company is selling a shiny new bike you would rather be influencing bike shop owners to recommend this bike to you customers. A smaller amount of YOUR customers and YOUR customers only.

Targeting influencer's and using the trust they have built up with their readership is the name of the game.

I agree with the fact that it could be a great tool for sales but for a loser like me sitting in my basement posting on a football board in the offseason I don't think there is a great draw...

ZachKC
03-24-2009, 09:10 PM
I agree with the fact that it could be a great tool for sales but for a loser like me sitting in my basement posting on a football board in the offseason I don't think there is a great draw...

Heh, I understand. It isn't for everyone and that is fine. It has never been my intent to convince every person that Twitter is for them. But if there are things are interested in you can get drawn to the community aspect of it just like the OM.

I love it for all the interesting happenings and information I have gotten from all the new people I follow in the city I live. Events, recommendation, help...

I use it for personal reasons and business.

@ZachIsHere (http://twitter.com/zachishere) on Twitter

IdeasAndAngles.com (http://ideasandangles.com)

Mogulseeker
03-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Scre twitter, lets get an Orangemane facebook group

ZachKC
03-25-2009, 08:23 PM

Eh, I am not sure a Facebook group does anything to add value that isn't already a strength of the Orange Mane aside from being a database for OMers to find eachother of FB.

broncocalijohn
03-25-2009, 08:53 PM
For anyone who wants to know, I use Sirhcyennek81 for everything. Twitter, facebook, myspace and Playstation network.

no, you are thinking of the anul cream for pain or the Llama McSkillit. It isnt to take pain away but to bring it on even if you didnt ask for it. Blart would know about it.

footstepsfrom#27
03-26-2009, 12:47 AM
The real future of the web is rooted in collaborative business environments that facilitate real time interaction...the so-called emergent enterrpise that Fortune 1000's are to top heavey to manage...are technologically seamless, promote scaleable applications through open source environments and have the ability to go mobile without being a pain in the ass...all within a convergence media model.

From what I see of Twitter right now...I'm not that excited. If somebody buys IMEEM and rescues it from being more than a VC project with Google-like promise...that platform is infinitely superior.

Besides...who really wants to tell their friends they like to "twitter"? 8')

TDmvp
03-26-2009, 12:55 AM
Besides...who really wants to tell their friends they like to "twitter"? 8')

No doubt ... It's like saying Hey did you catch Sex in the City last night ?

or admitting you own a snuggie ...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_P6jItF1PR_M/SV-6dco0klI/AAAAAAAAAVo/f6Y2RrQZJAk/s400/Picture+9.jpg

Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!

Taco John
03-26-2009, 12:59 AM

There already is one...

Odysseus
03-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Yup.

For those that use it check out Christopher Walken's page (http://twitter.com/cwalken) page. That guy is a genius.

Check out my page too
http://twitter.com/TheNunilizer

I love Christopher Walken. He is one of the few people walking this earth that gets it and still does not care. I love it.

Meck77
03-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Never heard of twitter until the other day. Don't use it. I don't text or instant message either. Don't even like the cell phone. Email is enough.

Popcorn Sutton
03-26-2009, 09:25 AM
So I don't know a lot about this Twitter thing. I really don't even remember how or when I started an account. I just got this email this morning:

Hi, ******.

OrangeMane.com (orangemane) is now following your updates on Twitter.

Check out OrangeMane.com's profile here:

You may follow OrangeMane.com as well by clicking on the "follow" button.
Best,
Twitter

How the **** did this happen?

Taco John
03-26-2009, 09:31 AM
So I don't know a lot about this Twitter thing. I really don't even remember how or when I started an account. I just got this email this morning:

Hi, ******.

OrangeMane.com (orangemane) is now following your updates on Twitter.

Check out OrangeMane.com's profile here:

You may follow OrangeMane.com as well by clicking on the "follow" button.
Best,
Twitter

How the **** did this happen?

Don't make a left turn, or The Orange Mane will know about it! The Orange Mane sees all!

Taco John
03-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Or at the very least, don't twitter about your left turns. Because that would be boring.

Popcorn Sutton
03-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Don't make a left turn, or The Orange Mane will know about it! The Orange Mane sees all!

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/130-126big-brother-is-watching-you-posters.jpg

Taco John
03-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Also, would it kill you to call your Mom more often, Brew?

Popcorn Sutton
03-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Also, would it kill you to call your Mom more often, Brew?

OK, I'll give her a call tonight. Thanks for the reminder. ;D

DBBBSBS
03-26-2009, 01:02 PM

Nice topic... I cannot say one is going to be better than other. But web 2.0 is starting this whole revolution. All i can say is, if you dont know about it today and you are not using it.. soon you will be.

Twitter and Facebook are getting merged to corporate's really fast. Wait and watch atitude will be what other new innovations will strom in the next few years. But if you dont twitter today.. i bet you will get to twett land soon

Bronco Yoda
03-26-2009, 01:13 PM

are these adults... with real lives?

Taco John
03-26-2009, 01:18 PM

Hear me now and believe me later... Twitter (and FaceBook for that matter) are going to be as common as Email and Google someday.

Don't listen to the "GET A HORSE" anti-hype.

SureShot
03-26-2009, 01:21 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXBbgzQmpJw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JXBbgzQmpJw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mogulseeker
03-26-2009, 02:03 PM
See, that's why i think twitter and the status update junkies are dumb as ****.

Is it what I said, or the fact that I posted it?

alkemical
09-01-2009, 01:12 PM
http://twitter.com/alkemical

i had to join because lots of people use it

broncoblue
09-01-2009, 01:20 PM
http://twitter.com/broncoblue69

jhat01
09-01-2009, 01:47 PM
I use facebook..it's amazing that you can find and talk to people from highschool, old military buddies, you name it..I don't tweet or twitter or whatever though. I started an account, but don't really like it.

alkemical
09-01-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm not a fan of it in many ways - but i'm working on linking all my social sites together.

dbfan21
09-01-2009, 01:54 PM
I have a Twitter account, but rarely check it...however I am a facebook addict!

hambone13
09-01-2009, 02:35 PM

Cause it's such a memorable screen name....

ZachKC
09-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Been having a lot of fun showing some local businesses how to connect with their customers in new ways using Twitter.

And it helps that all their checks clear.

ZachKC
09-01-2009, 02:38 PM

Actually younger folks have not adopted it nearly as much.

This isn't driven by Generation Y.

bfoflcommish
09-01-2009, 02:47 PM
http://twitter.com/thescary1

ZachKC
09-01-2009, 02:53 PM
http://twitter.com/zachishere

bfoflcommish
09-01-2009, 02:54 PM
News breaks faster on Twitter than anywhere else...I get breaking news on there before networks\websites break it. Its been used to help with Amber Alerts.

A friend of a Twitter user's daughter went missing...he tried to get the word out on Twitter because they used the service and know a lot of people in the area...

4 hours after the original message it was being relayed at a rate of 250+ every 5 mins.

http://www.ideasandangles.com/2008/10/twitter-community-rolls-out-missing-girls-info-at-an-incredible-rate/

truer words have never been spoken. Get everything from sports to important local news faster

Popcorn Sutton
09-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Donte Stallworth seems to be living it up these days....

D_Stallworth18 (http://twitter.com/D_Stallworth18) Walking back 2my spot listening 2my iPod bangin YOUNG JEEZY & rapping loud as hell... Ppl driving/walking by lookin @me (http://twitter.com/me) like I'm CRAZY!!

Popcorn Sutton
09-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Fellow Twitterites:

Add the Broncos logo to your Twitter Avatar.

http://twibbon.com/join/Denver-Broncos-to-win-the-nfl

Jason in LA
09-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I use Facebook daily. I used to be on Myspace, but I rarely do anything with that anymore. But twitter, no thanks. Maybe it will morph into something more useful in the future. But the way I see it, it's just a bunch of status updates.

On Facebook a good amount of people's status updates are useless information. Like, "I'm good to bed, good night facebook". Like, I really don't care that you're going to bed, why did you send that out to everybody. A big time UCLA basketball player was on my friends list and I had to delete him because he was updating his status like 15 times a day. It was so annoying. I change my status update maybe once every week or two. Only if something big or interesting or funny happens. I don't feel the need to tell people that I'm at work or I'm going shopping. It's just annoying, and it seems like twitter is just useless status updates.

So I won't be using it until it becomes something more than that.

Jason in LA
09-17-2009, 12:37 PM
One thing that annoys the hell out of me is people who use the short hand text when they do not have to. I can understand it in a text message or on twitter, when you have limited characters, but I'll get an email, which has unlimited character space, from a person with language like this:

"y r u going 2 the house b4 4 when u can go 2nite?"

What the hell is that? It seems like it would take longer to figure out how to type that short hand then just typing the entire word out. If it's limited characters, I'm cool, but if a person can type the whole thing out, then type the whole thing out.

Popcorn Sutton
09-17-2009, 01:15 PM
I use Facebook daily. I used to be on Myspace, but I rarely do anything with that anymore. But twitter, no thanks. Maybe it will morph into something more useful in the future. But the way I see it, it's just a bunch of status updates.

On Facebook a good amount of people's status updates are useless information. Like, "I'm good to bed, good night facebook". Like, I really don't care that you're going to bed, why did you send that out to everybody. A big time UCLA basketball player was on my friends list and I had to delete him because he was updating his status like 15 times a day. It was so annoying. I change my status update maybe once every week or two. Only if something big or interesting or funny happens. I don't feel the need to tell people that I'm at work or I'm going shopping. It's just annoying, and it seems like twitter is just useless status updates.

So I won't be using it until it becomes something more than that.

I basically use Twitter as a news feed. It's useless as a social networking tool.

Orange_Beard
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM
I my favorite thing about twitter(right now anyway), is the idea that "porn/spam" jerks can follow you, you can blast them with insane messeges, but if you don't follow them back they can't really do anything to you.

Pony Boy
09-17-2009, 02:40 PM
I set on a public utilities board and we were approached by a customer who offered to set up twitter as a way for us to let customers know when power or water outage situations occur. The customers that have signed up seem to really like it. We send a text message to twitter and it's sent to all customers that have sign up on twitter. There are endless possibilities for it use .......... I had my doubts at first but I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks....

Irish Stout
09-17-2009, 03:02 PM
I joined twitter about a year ago to see what it was. It appeared useless. I figured that maybe it would be fun if I were a highschool girl who wanted to follow all the hot celeberties, but I didn't see the need otherwise. Boy has my perception changed. The mere fact that every media outlet and many stars use twitter is in and of itself a communication phenomenon. I don't personally update my status but once every few week... but great source for information and news.

I used to go to Milehighreport, Denverpost, broncotalk, and Omane just to make sure I had every little bit of Broncos news available. With twitter, I follow all of the above, plus like 10 other sports reports and a handful of actual Broncos players. Twitter is the first site I go to in the morning and the last one I check at night during the season. Great way to find out a lot of information with links quickly. Also interesting to see three or four different perspectives twatted at the same time like the recent BMarsh incident.

Rock Chalk
09-17-2009, 03:25 PM
"twatted"

See the past tense of tweeting is just awesome.

cutthemdown
09-17-2009, 03:35 PM
How long before some murder case hinges on when and where someone twatted from!!! LOL is that really the past tense for tweeted?

I would never update my life to people so no twitter for me.

I mean who wants to hear that boring ****? I have like 2-3 things a month interesting enough to tell my friends about it but even they don't want to get it in a tweet.

What's funny is people say big brother watching, I want privacy, then put every detail of life on some webpage, or twitter etc.

IMO just makes people an easy target for someone who wants to do you wrong.

cutthemdown
09-17-2009, 03:36 PM
I joined twitter about a year ago to see what it was. It appeared useless. I figured that maybe it would be fun if I were a highschool girl who wanted to follow all the hot celeberties, but I didn't see the need otherwise. Boy has my perception changed. The mere fact that every media outlet and many stars use twitter is in and of itself a communication phenomenon. I don't personally update my status but once every few week... but great source for information and news.

I used to go to Milehighreport, Denverpost, broncotalk, and Omane just to make sure I had every little bit of Broncos news available. With twitter, I follow all of the above, plus like 10 other sports reports and a handful of actual Broncos players. Twitter is the first site I go to in the morning and the last one I check at night during the season. Great way to find out a lot of information with links quickly. Also interesting to see three or four different perspectives twatted at the same time like the recent BMarsh incident.

I can see that being usefull. Updates about news events etc etc. Sports whatever.

Also in case of emergency I could see it being usefull. You could tweet to all your followers, I am safe, or I need help etc etc.

Popcorn Sutton
09-17-2009, 03:36 PM
How long before some murder case hinges on when and where someone twatted from!!! LOL is that really the past tense for tweeted?

I would never update my life to people so no twitter for me.

I mean who wants to hear that boring ****? I have like 2-3 things a month interesting enough to tell my friends about it but even they don't want to get it in a tweet.

What's funny is people say big brother watching, I want privacy, then put every detail of life on some webpage, or twitter etc.

IMO just makes people an easy target for someone who wants to do you wrong.

I never post any updates about myself but it's one of the easiest news aggregators I've used in years. It's also cool to see personal posts from players and media types. I'd use Twitter to follow Adam Schefter alone.

tnedator
09-17-2009, 07:17 PM
It was great for getting near live training camp news.

Punisher
09-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Twitter is cool for famous people if your not famous no one cares about what your doing, or your tweets.

Little44
09-17-2009, 08:46 PM
I guess I am too old. I really don't care what you, your kids, or your dog are doing at the moment or where you are doing it. As far as news tweets, I want to track the news on my terms, I don't want it tracking me down.

It's time to unplug and go outside people! :sunshine:

ScottXray
09-17-2009, 08:58 PM
It was great for getting near live training camp news.

Yes , and with Josina it was almost like being in a fantasy world.

ak1971
09-17-2009, 09:53 PM

great so I can know a whole other group of losers via the internet

ZONA
09-17-2009, 10:14 PM
:

nothing like letting the people who may/may not care about you know that you went to the grocery store.

hahahaha, that is too funny. You gotta love it.

It's bad enough that there is an unbelievable amount of video Surveillance where ever you go, your cell phone can be tracked from anywhere, and I could go on and on. People don't care about having anything private in their life anymore. Now they have the need to get online and tell total strangers the daily occurrences in their lives. What's next, video cams streaming live in your home all day long so people can just watch you? Totally gay. People need to get a damn life already and quit worrying about trying to be celeb.

BABronco
09-17-2009, 10:27 PM
hahahaha, that is too funny. You gotta love it.

It's bad enough that there is an unbelievable amount of video Surveillance where ever you go, your cell phone can be tracked from anywhere, and I could go on and on. People don't care about having anything private in their life anymore. Now they have the need to get online and tell total strangers the daily occurrences in their lives. What's next, video cams streaming live in your home all day long so people can just watch you? Totally gay. People need to get a damn life already and quit worrying about trying to be celeb.

^5 thats for the post and ^5 that is for the av

Jason in LA
09-17-2009, 10:56 PM
I guess I am too old. I really don't care what you, your kids, or your dog are doing at the moment or where you are doing it. As far as news tweets, I want to track the news on my terms, I don't want it tracking me down.

It's time to unplug and go outside people! :sunshine:

Pretty much.

I think my life is interesting... to me. I don't have a big enough ego to think that it's interesting to anybody else. And other people's everyday activities aren't interesting enough for me to want to know about.

alkemical
09-18-2009, 06:56 AM
http://twitter.com/alkemical

Amesj523's Odditorium is moving to twitter

alkemical
09-18-2009, 07:16 AM
Hear me now and believe me later... Twitter (and FaceBook for that matter) are going to be as common as Email and Google someday.

Don't listen to the "GET A HORSE" anti-hype.

I'm integrating my google reader - with twitter and a blog page & facebook.

It's not "smooth" yet - but i see some really cool things.

bfoflcommish
09-18-2009, 08:17 AM
http://twitter.com/VeryFakeAlDavis

HAT
02-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm surprised that they haven't already completely revamped their email interface. They finally added a search function for your FB inbox which is good for the people you already communicate with on FB I guess.

But why not just completely upgrade the mail service (read: make it more like Gmail).....and let people start using xxxxxxx@facebook.com as their primary email? I mean, it's not like it's that hard to have a FB tab & gmail tab open at the same time, but it seems to me that FB is missing a golden opportunity here.

If FB offered full function email & contacts, I'm sure there are millions of existing FB users who would bail on Yahoo mail & Gmail altogether (and Flickr & picasa to boot).

http://www.techcrunch.com/2010/02/05/facebooks-project-titan-a-full-featured-webmail-product/

Facebook’s Project Titan: A Full Featured Webmail Product

by Michael Arrington on February 5, 2010

Facebook is completely rewriting their messaging product and is preparing to launch a fully featured webmail product in its place, according to a source with knowledge of the product. Internally it’s known as Project Titan. Or, unofficially and perhaps over-enthusiastically, the Gmail killer.

Facebook messaging has been the bane of users’ existence for years. My first public gripe was in 2008, when I said that urgent changes were needed. The biggest problem is simply deleting old emails. It takes so long that I have thousands of unread and read but not deleted messages in my inbox.

But Facebook messaging is also only indirectly linked to the email, which is still the standard way that people exchange digital messages when not on Facebook.

Facebook has occasionally dabbled with improvements to messaging, like adding the ability to search messages. But for the most part it has remained static. And not very useful.

Even MySpace moved away from their aging messaging platform to a true webmail service in 2008 (albeit one that lacked POP or IMAP support).

But now Facebook is getting itself back in the game. And if the details we’ve heard are accurate, Project Titan, or whatever it’s called when it launches, may be the kind of product people flock to.

First, our understanding is that there will be full POP/IMAP support, meaning users can access the account other than through Facebook itself. Your email account name will be your vanity url – vanityurl@facebook.com.

Email is all about identity. And Facebook is ahead of everyone else in the identity game via Facebook Connect. Facebook says more than 60 million people log in to 80,000 third party websites each month via Facebook Connect.

Tacking a real webmail product on top of those vanity URLs and Facebook connect is something even Google may shudder at. Gmail killer? I don’t think so. But a strong product move nonetheless.

oubronco
02-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Twitter sounds like something you'd be doing to a twat

TheReverend
03-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Silly as I think this may be... book promotion must supercede personal feelings.

Please follow me at:

http://twitter.com/patrickturley

:)

theAPAOps5
03-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Didn't realize this was 3 years old! Twitter is huge, funny watching reporters rush to get information out on Twitter. Even saw a reporter cite Twitter as a source the other day!

Baba Booey
03-26-2012, 11:07 PM
Silly as I think this may be... book promotion must supercede personal feelings.

Please follow me at:

Followed.

Everyone follow me: @d_piece

TheReverend
03-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Followed.

Everyone follow me: @d_piece

<3

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bjzuQQbV7mA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TD4HOF
03-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Twitter is great. The key is smart cultivation of timelines and lists. I've learned so much in just a year. The links alone take me places I badly needed to explore.

TheReverend
03-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Twitter is great. The key is smart cultivation of timelines and lists. I've learned so much in just a year. The links alone take me places I badly needed to explore.

What is this "lists" thing anyway?

Seriously I need a twitter 101 pretty bad.

theAPAOps5
03-26-2012, 11:28 PM
What is this "lists" thing anyway?

Seriously I need a twitter 101 pretty bad.

Let's say there are six people you tend to notice you get great Broncos info from on Twitter. You can create a list and add those people to it. That way if you want specific info on Broncos you can go to your list and read their tweets.

Broncos_OTM
03-27-2012, 06:57 AM
Twitter is uber lane

Rabb
03-27-2012, 07:12 AM

Please follow me at:

followed

I am @5280HighSalute

bfoflcommish
03-27-2012, 07:40 AM

Please follow me at:

followed you, ill try to put a word word out for you too, i follow a few book bloggers

TheReverend
03-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Thanks guys.

Bfofl, are you Ricky? If not, whoever Ricky is has some reallllllly cool stuff going on in their pictures section.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks guys.

Bfofl, are you Ricky? If not, whoever Ricky is has some reallllllly cool stuff going on in their pictures section.

Def remind us when the book is out, i'll def pick up a copy

bfoflcommish
03-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks guys.

ahaha yeah im Ricky

TheReverend
03-27-2012, 10:36 AM
It's fun checking you guys out a little.

I could get into this.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-27-2012, 11:13 AM
It's fun checking you guys out a little.

I could get into this.

added ya

TheReverend
03-27-2012, 11:24 AM
added ya

Thanks man. Btw, if/when this one does as well as it should/could, it can benefit your next project a whole lot, so be sure to let me know before you go querying/submitting your next work.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks man. Btw, if/when this one does as well as it should/could, it can benefit your next project a whole lot, so be sure to let me know before you go querying/submitting your next work.

Will do! If i learned anything from this past process, its how much self promotion is needed regardless of the press PR entity supporting your work. Since mine came out, a lot of cool things have happened, learned a lot, and its still growing (hopefully into a film soon, talks about that currently going on, but who knows). But yeah, no one will pitch your work like you will, and with social media and whatnot, you have a voice to do it yourself. Its pretty cool. I'm working on new novel now, as well as some film stuff, hopefully all our stuff continues to grow (and i have good representation now, again). I'll def hit you up when the time comes for a compare/contrast!

broncoblue
03-27-2012, 12:34 PM
@broncoblue69

TheReverend
03-27-2012, 12:46 PM
I had a pretty good twitter slam on Cutler and Scheffler last night but my audience is way too small to appreciate it lol

They were bickering over something stupid as usual, so I wrote:

Patrick Turley ‏ <s>@</s>patrickturley (https://twitter.com/#%21/patrickturley)

<s>@</s>JayCutler6 (https://twitter.com/#%21/JayCutler6) <s>@</s>T_Scheff85 (https://twitter.com/#%21/T_Scheff85) while you two are having another lovers tiff, <s>#</s>shutupandkissme (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23shutupandkissme) is trending. Coincidence?

I lold. At my own joke. Because no one else heard it.

:(

SureShot
03-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Just followed so I can block later.

TheReverend
03-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Just followed so I can block later.

lol love you

SureShot
03-27-2012, 03:47 PM
lol love you

http://i.minus.com/iprfr6DJShGpa.gif

TheReverend
03-27-2012, 03:52 PM

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/BSnWr.gif

TheReverend
03-27-2012, 04:17 PM
"looking forward to having an in-depth and personal conversation with you at 140 characters or less."

^ that's a ****ing clever bio line, amirite? Or not at all lol?

SonOfLe-loLang
03-27-2012, 04:28 PM
"looking forward to having an in-depth and personal conversation with you at 140 characters or less."

^ that's a ****ing clever bio line, amirite? Or not at all lol?

Best line I've overheard about twitter:

Younger person: "My generation has a lot to say"

Older person: "I know, that's why we've limited it to 140 characters"

BroncoMatt
03-27-2012, 05:23 PM
@DonMateo72 I tweet a lot

BFDD
03-27-2012, 05:37 PM

Please follow me at:

Just followed you. I've got a decent amount of followers that would be in your target demographic (me being a brewer at a brewery) so if there is anything you would like me to retweet just DM me. But beware, if you follow me, you will get a bunch of beer related tweets.

TheReverend
03-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Just followed you. I've got a decent amount of followers that would be in your target demographic (me being a brewer at a brewery) so if there is anything you would like me to retweet just DM me. But beware, if you follow me, you will get a bunch of beer related tweets.

Haha I was JUST trying to figure out who that was! How've you been btw?

And what does "DM" mean...? Ha!

BFDD
03-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Haha I was JUST trying to figure out who that was! How've you been btw?

And what does "DM" mean...? Ha!

Havin kids, brewing lots of beer, and wishing that I had more time to f-around.

DM is the acronym for Direct Message. Its like an email but your limited to 140 characters. I used to run our brewery's twitter account (being a marketing director in a former life), so if you ever want some tips and tricks to gain followers, email me derrick (at) twistedpinebrewing.com.

I know a lot of people think twitter is for the ultra-nerdy and for the self absorbed tween Bieber fan, but I've made some amazing business contacts and friends with twitter. Besides, who are we to make fun of twitter, we argue about Brian Griese on a forum dedicated to a football team that hasn't been relevant in 15 years.

SureShot
03-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Wheres the follow for buck_oh_five?

bowtown
03-27-2012, 07:57 PM
@therealebowie

Been following The Rev and Demonpenz for awhile now. Will hit some if the rest of you up now.

theAPAOps5
03-27-2012, 08:08 PM

Best gif ever!

gyldenlove
03-27-2012, 08:08 PM
I don't always tweet, but when I do I use a condom.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-27-2012, 08:09 PM
@BrettreLAX

Pontius Pirate
03-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Facebook is increasingly "myspace" to me

Twitter is increasingly becoming my news source.

The best way I can describe it to people is a "build your own newspaper" for the online generation. The 140 character thing is a funky way to get you the most concise version of the info. I barely follow my own friends. That's just really not the point. It's about news and stuff that interests you.

Baba Booey
03-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Followed everyone that's listed in here. Looking forward to tweeting about football and general nonsense with you all.

Once again I'm @d_piece.

TD4HOF
03-27-2012, 10:47 PM

The best way I can describe it to people is a "build your own newspaper" for the online generation. The 140 character thing is a funky way to get you the most concise version of the info. I barely follow my own friends. That's just really not the point. It's about news and stuff that interests you.

This. Well put.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-27-2012, 11:32 PM

Facebook and Twitter work perfectly together. I think FB works as sort of a homebase for your immediate community, and Twitter are shouts out into the universe. They serve different functions, but since Corporate America has embraced both...neither are going anywhere anytime soon.

alkemical
03-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Facebook and Twitter work perfectly together. I think FB works as sort of a homebase for your immediate community, and Twitter are shouts out into the universe. They serve different functions, but since Corporate America has embraced both...neither are going anywhere anytime soon.

I agree, it's interesting though how important a good website has still maintained relevance.

Gutless Drunk
11-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Orlando Franklin is one of the few players you should follow. Seems like good guy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bought a few new fish today. Which now brings my total to 12 I love my fish <a href="http://t.co/qpHnMhxozS">pic.twitter.com/qpHnMhxozS</a></p>&mdash; Orlando Franklin (@OFranklin74) <a href="https://twitter.com/OFranklin74/statuses/400419643623362560">November 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>My challenger is going to be in the Denver car show this year. <a href="http://t.co/VFfjm2x921">pic.twitter.com/VFfjm2x921</a></p>&mdash; Orlando Franklin (@OFranklin74) <a href="https://twitter.com/OFranklin74/statuses/405175953589932032">November 26, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So blessed to be apart of this great organization and community. I love this city and love being a Bronco</p>&mdash; Orlando Franklin (@OFranklin74) <a href="https://twitter.com/OFranklin74/statuses/405461467245199360">November 26, 2013</a></blockquote>

Powderaddict
11-27-2013, 08:58 AM
I didn't see it, but saw some screen caps yesterday where DT tweeted "Who is Jake Plummer?" LOL

Gutless Drunk
11-27-2013, 09:00 AM
I didn't see it, but saw some screen caps yesterday where DT tweeted "Who is Jake Plummer?" LOL

Don't see that. Only this -
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This one hurt Bad.. Got work to do..</p>&mdash; Demaryius Thomas (@DemaryiusT) <a href="https://twitter.com/DemaryiusT/statuses/404863569361399808">November 25, 2013</a></blockquote>

What did Plummer say?

Powderaddict
11-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Don't see that. Only this -
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This one hurt Bad.. Got work to do..</p>&mdash; Demaryius Thomas (@DemaryiusT) <a href="https://twitter.com/DemaryiusT/statuses/404863569361399808">November 25, 2013</a></blockquote>

What did Plummer say?

Apparently he deleted it pretty quickly.

Pony Boy
11-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Orlando Franklin is one of the few players you should follow. Seems like good guy

His fish probably like his creepy eyes ......

BigPlayShay
11-27-2013, 09:59 AM

Interesting. I didn't see this tweet, but I think I know what he is referring to. Plummer was on The Fan Monday morning and made some comments about WRs in general complaining too much and not fighting for the ball. He didn't name specific WRs, but it was implied. I tend to agree with him.

I have also noticed some saltiness with a lot of players this week on twitter in regard to fans/media. I hope it's a sign that they are pissed off and not a sign that they are losing it mentally.

crush17
11-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Interesting. I didn't see this tweet, but I think I know what he is referring to. Plummer was on The Fan Monday morning and made some comments about WRs in general complaining too much and not fighting for the ball. He didn't name specific WRs, but it was implied. I tend to agree with him.

I have also noticed some saltiness with a lot of players this week on twitter in regard to fans/media. I hope it's a sign that they are pissed off and not a sign that they are losing it mentally.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>These reporters write all this stuff not knowing what they talk about half the time then smile and expect you to do a interview..GTFOH</p>&mdash; Ronnie Hillman (@MrHillman2U) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrHillman2U/statuses/405526394257420288">November 27, 2013</a></blockquote>

Requiem
11-27-2013, 12:56 PM
Someone should respond to Ronnie by saying, "You should have stayed at San Diego St. longer, bro!"

B-Large
11-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Someone should respond to Ronnie by saying, "You should have stayed at San Diego St. longer, bro!"

We expect him to hold onto the ball half the time, he rarely does that.

hypocrit.

Pony Boy
11-27-2013, 03:04 PM
I twitter on the Chitter .......

Broncos_OTM
11-27-2013, 08:55 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bought a few new fish today. Which now brings my total to 12 I love my fish <a href="http://t.co/qpHnMhxozS">pic.twitter.com/qpHnMhxozS</a></p>&mdash; Orlando Franklin (@OFranklin74) <a href="https://twitter.com/OFranklin74/statuses/400419643623362560">November 13, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>My challenger is going to be in the Denver car show this year. <a href="http://t.co/VFfjm2x921">pic.twitter.com/VFfjm2x921</a></p>&mdash; Orlando Franklin (@OFranklin74) <a href="https://twitter.com/OFranklin74/statuses/405175953589932032">November 26, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So blessed to be apart of this great organization and community. I love this city and love being a Bronco</p>&mdash; Orlando Franklin (@OFranklin74) <a href="https://twitter.com/OFranklin74/statuses/405461467245199360">November 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>just keep swimming!!!! No still don't use twitter. Probably never will

Broncos_OTM
11-27-2013, 08:58 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>These reporters write all this stuff not knowing what they talk about half the time then smile and expect you to do a interview..GTFOH</p>&mdash; Ronnie Hillman (@MrHillman2U) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrHillman2U/statuses/405526394257420288">November 27, 2013</a></blockquote>

In all fairness if athletes were more revealing we would know what they were talking