PDA

View Full Version : Best candidates for a two team trade?

lex
03-22-2009, 09:44 AM
OK, we know McDaniels wants to get a QB out of this mess he has created in any trade that involves Cutler. What teams are the most viable trade partners in a two team scenario?

poll to follow

BTW, you can make multiple selections.

spdirty
03-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Cleveland.

The ones that we might get equal value from would be Atlanta, New England, Indianapolis, New Orleans.

ColoradoDarin
03-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Iggles, 2 #1's plus McNabb.... only if their GM is drunker than Pat.

Mogulseeker
03-22-2009, 10:42 AM
If it comes to it, the Cleveland would be the one easiest to stomach. I hope it doesn't though.

Dudeskey
03-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Iggles, 2 #1's plus McNabb.... only if their GM is drunker than Pat.

I 'd like to see Cutler stay, but if this has to be done, then I would be comfortable w/ McNabb coming to Denver. Either that or get Quinn off Cleveland's hands. Obviously you package picks/ players w/ either one.

WolfpackGuy
03-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Cutler to Texans
Schaub and #15 pick to Broncos plus swap #46 and #48 and get #77

NFLBRONCO
03-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Cutler to Texans
Schaub and #15 pick to Broncos plus swap #46 and #48 and get #77

Where's 2010 #1???????

WolfpackGuy
03-22-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't think they'd get two firsts in return if the trade were to happen.

gyldenlove
03-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Cutler and Scheffler to Buffalo

#11, Mr. Dump-off, Donte Whitner and 2010 1st.

BabyTO
03-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Quinn is the only thing that makes sense. Why give up Cutler to draft a rookie who doesn't fit in our offense? Sure we would get some more picks but we also risk drafting a bust. Why swap Cutler vs somebody else who doesn't fit our offense and might turn out to be a bust? The additional picks aren't worth it.

UberBroncoMan
03-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Cleavland out of the list....

But in reality all of those trades would involve a team STEALING Cutler from us.

Herschel Walker aside... Ricky Williams was traded for an entire draft by the Saints... and later when Miami got him they traded two 1st rounders for him (and that was before he had his big year). Also a QB is more important than an RB.

To get Cutler a team needs to be prepared to seriously sacrifice this and next years draft... such as 2 1st rounders 2 2nd rounders and some lower picks 4-7 + maybe 1 player.

But hey... knowing you have a franchise QB for the next decade is worth it in my opinion.

cutthemdown
03-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Cutler won't be traded IMO. Broncos would want too much IMO for any team to pull the trigger. 3 first round picks would probably get Broncos attention, But a crappy qb and a couple picks not going to get it done.

2 first round picks and a great player.

Tombstone RJ
03-22-2009, 01:11 PM
How about Cutler to Cincy for Carson Palmer and their #1 pick? Seriously, Palmer is McD's prototype QB, he's experienced and can make all the throws. Cutler goes to Cincy with a fresh start and a offensive friendly team.

Really, its a win-win for both teams. What has Palmer really won at Cincy, one playoff game? But he's good.

Same with Cutler, he's just younger and hungry.

Throw in Cincy's #1 and a defensive player...

HAT
03-22-2009, 05:32 PM
SF: Gore, Shaun Hill, #10

DrFate
03-22-2009, 06:38 PM
How about Cutler to Cincy for Carson Palmer and their #1 pick?

I'm pretty sure the Cincy fans would not be too happy with this suggestion. Palmer is a pretty good player.

Killericon
03-22-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the Cincy fans would not be too happy with this suggestion. Palmer is a pretty good player.

Yeah, I don't see why the Bengals would ever do this.

SF: #10, Alex Smith, #43, and 3-4 personnel
Cle: #5, Brady Quinn, #36, and 3-4 personnel

The implication that these packages are close in value is absurd...Quinn > Smith, #5 > #10, #36 > #43...The difference in 3-4 personnel must be pretty huge.

ayjackson
03-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Buffalo for #11, Trent Edwards, a 4th, and 2010 #1.

Tombstone RJ
03-22-2009, 08:59 PM

What has Palmer won again? Just saying...

Dudeskey
03-22-2009, 09:13 PM

What team has he been playing for again? Just sayin'...

Orange_Beard
03-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Quinn is the only thing that makes sense. Why give up Cutler to draft a rookie who doesn't fit in our offense? Sure we would get some more picks but we also risk drafting a bust. Why swap Cutler vs somebody else who doesn't fit our offense and might turn out to be a bust? The additional picks aren't worth it.

Makes sense to who? Brady Quinn sucks.

Orange_Beard
03-22-2009, 09:29 PM
How about Cutler to Cincy for Carson Palmer and their #1 pick? Seriously, Palmer is McD's prototype QB, he's experienced and can make all the throws. Cutler goes to Cincy with a fresh start and a offensive friendly team.

Really, its a win-win for both teams. What has Palmer really won at Cincy, one playoff game? But he's good.

Same with Cutler, he's just younger and hungry.

Throw in Cincy's #1 and a defensive player...

Is there anything left of Carson Palmer? Last I heard he was going to have his elbow reconstructed.

Tombstone RJ
03-23-2009, 08:07 AM
What team has he been playing for again? Just sayin'...

So, you really have no answer do you? :peace:

Tombstone RJ
03-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Is there anything left of Carson Palmer? Last I heard he was going to have his elbow reconstructed.

Wow, one poster here is basically saying its a lousy trade because Carson Palmer is too good to let go, and now you post this?

What gives?

I'm trying to post a TRADE that benefits both teams.

ELEVATION
03-23-2009, 08:15 AM
cutler to the jets for the 17th and 53rd picks this draft, their 2010 1st rd pick 2010 4th rd pick, and brett ratliff.....

sounds good to me.....haters welcome......

Tombstone RJ
03-23-2009, 08:22 AM
cutler to the jets for the 17th and 53rd picks this draft, their 2010 1st rd pick 2010 4th rd pick, and brett ratliff.....

sounds good to me.....haters welcome......

McX says they won't trade for draft pics. If they trade Cutler at all, it's for players who can step in and play.

Rabb
03-23-2009, 08:28 AM

we could say the same thing about Jay, no?

ELEVATION
03-23-2009, 08:29 AM
McX says they won't trade for draft pics. If they trade Cutler at all, it's for players who can step in and play.

maybe...but in a spread offense ratliff can play right away..in fact he could probally beat out simms right away as well.....and i dont care what he said turning down 4 draft picks.....would be stupid......

Tombstone RJ
03-23-2009, 08:31 AM
we could say the same thing about Jay, no?

Exactly. Again, it's a trade that makes sense for both teams. If Denver is worried about Palmer's health (I would be) then ask Cincy to throw in their first round pick. If Cincy says no, then have them throw in next year's first round pick. If Cincy still says no, then walk away.

Dudeskey
03-23-2009, 09:07 AM
So, you really have no answer do you? :peace:

My answer to your question with a question has a point, and it seems you missed it...

Palmer's a good QB as is Cutler. Problem is they both have poor defensive units. How could anyone "win anything". Takes more than just an arm to get anywhere in this league. Ask Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, etc...

Garcia Bronco
03-23-2009, 09:10 AM
SF: Gore, Shaun Hill, #10

Think Patrick Willis.

Smiling Assassin27
03-23-2009, 09:22 AM
i keep coming back to cutler and Scheff for tomy romo, bradie james, and a 2nd in 09

montrose
03-23-2009, 09:34 AM
I don't know how we could pull of a two-team deal unless Cleveland desperate wanted him. Now if we had to move Jay, I'd think the Lions and Browns would be the best trading partners for a 3-way deal. Detroit wants a fresh face of their franchise and I doubt they're sold on Stafford; Cleveland wants picks; Denver doesn't want to deal Cutler but if they did they'd want a QB who fits their system with more. Now here is a deal I thought of yesterday while listening to Sirius:

Denver trades Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler and#132
Detroit trades #20, #33, #65, 2010 1st round pick and 2010 2nd round pick
Cleveland trades Brady Quinn, Shaun Rogers and Braylon Edwards

Denver receives Brady Quinn, Shaun Rogers, Braylon Edwards, #33 and Detroit's 2010 1st round pick
Detroit receives Jay Cutler and Tony Scheffler
Cleveland receives #20, #65, #132 and Detroit's 2010 2nd round pick

Why it works for Denver
In trading Cutler and Scheffler, they get back a QB that's familiar with this system, a NT to rotate with Ronald Fields and help solidify their move to the 3-4, the first pick of the 2nd round and a 1st rounder next year that we can assume will be low - but with Cutler running their team not likely the #1 pick which eliminates the risk of paying that huge contract. A big part of the deal is Edwards, who I understand has told the Browns he wants out and is on the block. Edwards would provide insurance for a Brandon Marshall-suspension, furthermore an Edwards/Marshall/Royal group would be dangerous in Josh McDaniels' base 3 WR set.

Why it works for Detroit
Obviously they're giving up a lot of picks but in return get a new face of the franchise in Cutler. Cutler would immediately re-energize their fanbase much more than Matthew Stafford. They also pick up Scheffler who is a Michigan-native and has a great rapport with Cutler. The Lions could then take Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe with the #1 pick, and along with Cutler, Scheffler, Calvin Johnson, Bryant Johnson and Kevin Smith - have a very potent offense to generate interest in a previously 0-16 team. Or they could take Aaron Curry to help solidify their defense and look for an OT on day two of the draft.

Why it works for Cleveland
Rogers wants out and is a distraction, they've still got Anderson to play at QB and from the way I gather it - Eric Mangini wants Edwards gone. Because Phil Savage dealt away many of their draft picks (they only have five this year), they'd like to recoup as many as possible. This deal gives them another #1 and what could be a high #2 next year. They also get back into the 3rd round with the first pick on the 2nd day of the draft which is very valuable along with a 4th rounder near the top of the round.

Anyway, just something I scrambled together yesterday as I was bored out of mind driving over Monarch.