PDA

View Full Version : Will McDaniels find the next Brady/Cassell? Poll inside

DarkHorse
03-22-2009, 07:56 AM
Shanny was known for drafting late round stud running backs but McDaniels is a QB guy. So, will he be able to pull off another Brady/Cassell late round stud QB as our coach.

rastaman
03-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Cassell or Brady are more than likely aberations at best when considering drafting in the late rounds. Case in point, a player of TD's ability having been selected in the 6th round has not been duplicated again.

McDaniels might be tempting fate in IMHO.

Drek
03-22-2009, 08:49 AM
He's going to keep Cutler, so um, no I guess?

Dedhed
03-22-2009, 08:56 AM
We already have a late round stud QB? Darrell Hackney?

colonelbeef
03-22-2009, 09:38 AM
1. Cutler is already that guy.

2. So now McDaniels is getting credit for not only Tom Brady and the Patriots successes, but he is getting credit for drafting and tutoring Brady and Cassel?

I thought it was all Charlie Weis, silly me

rastaman
03-22-2009, 09:47 AM
He's going to keep Cutler, so um, no I guess?

He's got no other choice at this point. Kinda like having to take the fat ugly girl to the Prom!!!!:rofl:

rastaman
03-22-2009, 09:48 AM
We already have a late round stud QB? Darrell Hackney?

I'd rather have Chris Leaks.

rastaman
03-22-2009, 09:51 AM

2. So now McDaniels is getting credit for not only Tom Brady and the Patriots successes, but he is getting credit for drafting and tutoring Brady and Cassel?

Lets hope McDaniels doesn't turn out to be another Charlie Weis or Romeo Crennel. Hopefully Cutler can save his job by winning so games!!!:sunshine:

DarkHorse
03-22-2009, 10:16 AM

I only post what the media gives me silly goose.

Sir Mawn
03-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Brady? Amazing QB. Cassel? Huh?

spdirty
03-22-2009, 10:25 AM
no.

CEH
03-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Use Google to find mutliple articles about how Cassell was close to being a TC final cut last year. Also search to see that NE thought hard about bringing in Chris Simms and Tim Rattay to battle it out with Cassell.

This doesn't exactly ring of a coaching staff who knew what they had in Cassell even after 3 years.

It say smore about Cassell stepping up when given his opportunity

BroncoMan4ever
03-22-2009, 12:28 PM
i'm going to say no, simply because he wasn't a part of drafting either guy. he may have coached them up some but he didn't find them.

Drek
03-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Use Google to find mutliple articles about how Cassell was close to being a TC final cut last year. Also search to see that NE thought hard about bringing in Chris Simms and Tim Rattay to battle it out with Cassell.

This doesn't exactly ring of a coaching staff who knew what they had in Cassell even after 3 years.

It say smore about Cassell stepping up when given his opportunity

They also drafted Kevin O'Connell in the 3rd round last year.

Best offense in the league, best QB in the league. They use a 3rd rounder on a young QB. Brady doesn't lose his ****, he just shows up to work like nothing ever happened.

It was a move done specifically to push Cassel off the roster after the '08 season and to groom Brady's long term replacement. Shows how weak the "McDaniels ahs a man crush on Cassel" argument is, when not only did they try bringing in vets to take his job last year but after that failed they used a 3rd round pick to get a replacement lined up for him no later than '09.

Orange_Beard
03-22-2009, 01:41 PM
How is Cassell is the same sentence with Brady?

What has he done? How many rings? How many playoff wins?

How many super models has he knocked up?

DBroncos4life
03-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Did I miss something or did BB not draft Brady and Cassel. I mean Tom Brady was drafted in 2000. I'm shocked to learn that a guy had so much insight to help BB draft Tom Brady a year before he was hired on to the Patriots. I guess its possible that McDainels had a part in the Cassel pick I mean he was atleast on the team as a QB coach.

DarkHorse
03-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Nobody is saying that McDaniels ''found'' or ''drafted'' either Cassel or Brady - he's been around both players for many years now - the question is simply:

Can he find another ''wonder'' QB?

Cassel is in the same sentence as Brady because he elevated himself (in the media's eyes) to that position last year.

I completely agree with the above post that said it shows that Cassel stepped up when given the chance.

Knowing the type of QB's that Cassel and Brady are - can McDaniels find one like them?

DBroncos4life
03-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Nobody is saying that McDaniels ''found'' or ''drafted'' either Cassel or Brady - he's been around both players for many years now - the question is simply:

Cassel is in the same sentence as Brady because he elevated himself (in the media's eyes) to that position last year.

I completely agree with the above post that said it shows that Cassel stepped up when given the chance.

Knowing the type of QB's that Cassel and Brady are - can McDaniels find one like them?

Would you take Cassel and Brady over Elway and Young?

WolfpackGuy
03-22-2009, 02:40 PM
How about McDaniels concentrating on finding the next Broncos playoff win?

Mogulseeker
03-22-2009, 05:00 PM
I must be the only person on this board who thinks that Cassel isn't even good. He came in on a 18-1 team, ran the system efficiently but dropped them to 11-5.

BABronco
03-22-2009, 05:13 PM
I must be the only person on this board who thinks that Cassel isn't even good. He came in on a 18-1 team, ran the system efficiently but dropped them to 11-5.

Well there are at least two of us. I'd say he is a little below average to average.

BABronco
03-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Well there are at least two of us. I'd say he is a little below average to average.

Oh and btw here come popps to show me his numbers from last season....
give it a few

DarkHorse
03-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Would you take Cassel and Brady over Elway and Young?

No, but what relevence does it have to the poll?

Do you understand the poll question or are you just trying to instigate a combative debate?

BABronco
03-22-2009, 05:57 PM
I'd vote for the 3rd and 4th option if i could. But since I can't ill just vote 3rd.

Blueflame
03-22-2009, 07:08 PM

The use of the word "another" does suggest that he's being given credit for those other 2 QBs though...

DrFate
03-22-2009, 07:25 PM

Not the only one, my friend. Not the only one.

ColoradoDarin
03-22-2009, 07:34 PM
McDaniels took Brady from very good to elite and took Cassel from almost cut to serviceable starting QB (at least better than anything KC had on the roster). Here's hoping that Jay shows up to mini camp, they sit one on one without bus cook and work it out, so Jay Cutler can go from good with potential to elite.