PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler....Honor Your Contract--However

rastaman
03-22-2009, 05:33 AM
Jay, as your biggest fan, my advice to you is come in over the next 2 or 3 season and help Denver win and make McDaniels look good and continue to demand a trade each of those seasons or just play out your contract and move on to another team. I will be 100% behind you in protest and disagree vehemently if the Broncos try and franchise tag you for one or two consecutive years after your 6 year contract is over.0

For the Jay Cutler haters out there we understand you will be foaming at the mouth and pissed off...b/c Cutler had the nerve not to want to be a Bronco after his 6 year contract is up---but hey get over it!!!

Point is, Cutler would still have the same label he currently has with the fans who are upset at him. Some fans (not just Bronco fans) view players in the NFL are there for their own personal enjoyment and entertainment. According to these fans, players are supposed to risk permanent joint and ligament damage and crippling disability in old age---b/c we said so! Boy talking about indentured servitude and coliseum slavery...Right!!!

Sadly of course the fans should just respect the fact that some players don't want to be Broncos for their entire career and just enjoy the Player(s) while they wearing a Bronco uniform. No one gets to have their cake and eat it to!

Point is, I think Cassell and McDaniels need each other. And Cutler and Shanahan need on another. There was a time Elway and Shanahan needed each other as well. Plain and simple. Who would have ever thought or predicted that a season ending injury to Brady and the firing of Shanahan would lead us all down the road to Cutler-McDaniel Gate.

Sometimes management tells a player its time to move on or the team has elected to go in another direction......well sometimes a player is in a unique position (Not Often) to want to move on or go in another direction. Fans and owners, and HC's have got to respect that.

Why can't the Broncos fans see it this way as well and stop with all the hating and hurt feelings.....life is to short and an NFL Player career is even shorter----That is unless you happen to be a fan, a HC, or an owner...your careers tend to last a lot longer.

maher_tyler
03-22-2009, 07:21 AM
Another Cutler thread ZZZ...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Yeah. Great idea.

And when will we learn? Wanting Jay to grow up doesn't mean I hate Jay. I just want him to get his head out of his agent's ass and grow the **** up.

Is it really that difficult to understand? If he stays here and learns this offense, he WILL win games, and he WILL be successful. If he goes to Detroit, he WILL lose games and he WILL wish he'd stayed.

So yes, it's completely his choice.

rastaman
03-22-2009, 07:36 AM

Yep! however, it's a thread thats on the side of Cutler...which puts the thread in the minority, b/c there's a lot of hatred and contempt for Cutler. I thought it would be nice to show there are some fans in this forum who understand what Cutler is going through. Lets just say its a Bigger picture from a fans view who supports the players more than they support ownership and the coaches.:thumbsup:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Yep! however, it's a thread thats on the side of Cutler...which puts the thread in the minority, b/c there's a lot of hatred and contempt for Cutler. I thought it would be nice to show there are some fans in this forum who understand what Cutler is going through. Lets just say its a Bigger picture from a fans view who supports the players more than they support ownership and the coaches.:thumbsup:

You should try looking around, numbnuts. There are plenty of people who think Cutler is god and have said as much, and they're the same people who quote McDaniels' "We were late to the dance" as gospel proof that they had been trying to trade Jay for weeks on end. It's moronic.

Try looking through actual threads next time, K? And maybe sit the next couple of plays out.

rastaman
03-22-2009, 07:43 AM
Yeah. Great idea.

And when will we learn? Wanting Jay to grow up doesn't mean I hate Jay. I just want him to get his head out of his agent's ass and grow the **** up.

Is it really that difficult to understand? If he stays here and learns this offense, he WILL win games, and he WILL be successful. If he goes to Detroit, he WILL lose games and he WILL wish he'd stayed.

So yes, it's completely his choice.

I'm partly with you. If Bowlen insist that Cutler stays b/c they can't get the fair trade value for Jay in 2009. Cutler will come in and play to the best of his ability despite the fact he's playing for coach that doesn't want him and will pull the trigger to trade him the moment Cassell becomes availiable.

Much respect for Cutler if he excells in such a hostile environment. My point is, come 2010, Cutler would be well within his right to demand a trade during the off season. The fans should respect that instead of taking the attitude "How Dare Cutler" not want to play for the Broncos and entertain fans who will turn on him in a heart beat!!!

rastaman
03-22-2009, 07:45 AM
You should try looking around, numbnuts. There are plenty of people who think Cutler is god and have said as much, and they're the same people who quote McDaniels' "We were late to the dance" as gospel proof that they had been trying to trade Jay for weeks on end. It's moronic.

Try looking through actual threads next time, K? And maybe sit the next couple of plays out.

Point well taken....Chuckle Nuts. Oh by the way, how many threads are we talking???:wiggle:

Dedhed
03-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Yep! however, it's a thread thats on the side of Cutler...which puts the thread in the minority, That's laughably untrue.

rastaman
03-22-2009, 07:53 AM
That's laughably untrue.

True, but how many threads have entertained the argument of Cutler continuing to push a trade even should he excell in McDaniels scheme???

Bowlen and McDaniels would be back in square one in 2010, was the point I was trying to make.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-22-2009, 07:58 AM
True, but how many threads have entertained the argument of Cutler continuing to push a trade even should he excell in McDaniels scheme???

Bowlen and McDaniels would be back in square one in 2010, was the point I was trying to make.

And you couldn't just put that argument in one of the 15,000 other Cutler/McDaniels threads that already exists? Seriously?

Some people just have a "look at me" issue, apparently.

The problem with your argument is that it is unrealistic. If Cutler puts up massive numbers in this system AND the Broncos win football games, he's not going to continue to push for a trade. He likes his teammates, and he likes the city (per his words). If he starts to win and throws for 4500+ every year, he's not going anywhere.

He's all about keeping himself happy. What makes a competitive person more happy than putting up big numbers and winning while doing so?

Case closed.

Drek
03-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Some fans (not just Bronco fans) view players in the NFL are there for their own personal enjoyment and entertainment.

Um, they are.

Its a sport played professionally for entertainment. Last I knew there wasn't a professional freestyle shopping cart circuit because no one cares to watch it. People feel like watching football, so the professional level exists entirely as an entertainment medium. No fans = no league = no players making a living doing it.

They're really good at playing a game. That doesn't make them special in anything but the entertainment value they can provide by playing that game. They're certainly not more important than your average school teacher, fire fighter, etc., and their careers do directly depend upon public support.

Its why so many of the McDaniels fans are going to the "don't support the team with your dollars!" viewpoint, they think it might effect some sort of change.

And FYI, the Broncos have every right to franchise Cutler as often as they feel necessary. In fact, if he actually is successful in the system and still wants to leave I'd expect them to tag him at least once because the cap hit for his final year on his three year deal is only sightly lower than a tag.

WolfpackGuy
03-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Cassel will be further exposed and out of the league by the time Cutler's contract is up.

baja
03-22-2009, 08:15 AM

I just did a search using Cutler & McDaniels as key words and got 11 pages of threads. LOL

rastaman
03-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Um, they are.

Its a sport played professionally for entertainment. Last I knew there wasn't a professional freestyle shopping cart circuit because no one cares to watch it. People feel like watching football, so the professional level exists entirely as an entertainment medium. No fans = no league = no players making a living doing it.

They're really good at playing a game. That doesn't make them special in anything but the entertainment value they can provide by playing that game. They're certainly not more important than your average school teacher, fire fighter, etc., and their careers do directly depend upon public support.

Its why so many of the McDaniels fans are going to the "don't support the team with your dollars!" viewpoint, they think it might effect some sort of change.

And FYI, the Broncos have every right to franchise Cutler as often as they feel necessary. In fact, if he actually is successful in the system and still wants to leave I'd expect them to tag him at least once because the cap hit for his final year on his three year deal is only sightly lower than a tag.

Well don't get me wrong.....I watch the NFL b/c of the players ability to perform at a high level of expertise. But I also have a place of empathy in my heart for these atheletes b/c they play such a violent game and once they can't get it done anymore, teams and fans do tend to discard these warrirors like fridays trash pickup!

rastaman
03-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Cassel will be further exposed and out of the league by the time Cutler's contract is up.

Cassell is a system QB! He must be surrounded by talent like he was at NE to excell. If KC had the same system as NE, then Cassell would excell. He's going to one of the worst teams in the NFL...so yes he will be exposed and in for a very long season.

maher_tyler
03-22-2009, 08:29 AM

We don't need brand new threads every time someone decides they are in love with Cutler/McD or a supposed trade senario comes up :thumbsup:

Dedhed
03-22-2009, 08:30 AM
And you couldn't just put that argument in one of the 15,000 other Cutler/McDaniels threads that already exists? Seriously?

The problem with your argument is that it is unrealistic. If Cutler puts up massive numbers in this system AND the Broncos win football games, he's not going to continue to push for a trade. He likes his teammates, and he likes the city (per his words). If he starts to win and throws for 4500+ every year, he's not going anywhere.

He's all about keeping himself happy. What makes a competitive person more happy than putting up big numbers and winning while doing so?

Case closed.Exactly. Not to mention that in this scenario, Cutler would almost definitely get a new contract that would pay him the big money that he and his agent appear to be posturing for.

If Cutler proves he can harness his talent, take care of the football, and lead the team there wouldn't be any question about him as a franchise QB. It's just a fact that right now there are questions. If he answers them and the team is successful, this issue will be long gone in a year.

Dedhed
03-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Cassell is a system QB! He must be surrounded by talent like he was at NE to excell. If KC had the same system as NE, then Cassell would excell. He's going to one of the worst teams in the NFL...so yes he will be exposed and in for a very long season.First of all, you don't know that about Cassel.

Secondly, Tom Brady and Joe Montana are system QBs.

rastaman
03-22-2009, 08:38 AM

Case closed.

Fair enough. I've tried to always be on guard against "Never-Say-Never"! Case in point, who would have ever thunked Bowlen and McDaniels would have ever entertained thoughts of trading Cutler for Cassell?

I brought up Cutler having to put up Pro Bowl numbers under McDaniels b/c thats the only way he stays in Denver. Thats a high threshold to achieve however, chances are Cutler may not do it.

Should Cutler struggle w/McDaniels system, in the back of McDaniels mind will be how he wish he could have gotten the Cassell deal done. And of course Cutler will have the same thoughts as well.

Tensions will probably boil over and then it turns into a long season for Cutler, McDaniels, and the team. We haven't even discussed Cutler getting benched in favor of Simms yet. Oh well, stay tuned theres still time.

WolfpackGuy
03-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Cassel was a career backup for a reason.

rastaman
03-22-2009, 08:41 AM
First of all, you don't know that about Cassel.

Secondly, Tom Brady and Joe Montana are system QBs.

All winning QB's who make the playoffs, appear in and win SB's are system QB's. Seldom has a QB ever carried a team with their sheer talent win consistently, won playoff games let alone SB....except maybe Elway. Not even Elway could win SB's until he was finally surrounded by talent.

rastaman
03-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Cassel was a career backup for a reason.

Well Kurt Warner was bagging groceries at a local grocery store before he got his chance at 28 or 29....of course the rest is history.

Who knows Cassell could just surprise.

Dedhed
03-22-2009, 08:45 AM
All winning QB's who make the playoffs, appear in and win SB's are system QB's. Seldom has a QB ever carried a team with their sheer talent win consistently, won playoff games let alone SB....except maybe Elway. Not even Elway could win SB's until he was finally surrounded by talent.

Which is precisely what Cutler needs to understand if he's ever going to have success in this league.

watermock
03-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Exactly. Not to mention that in this scenario, Cutler would almost definitely get a new contract that would pay him the big money that he and his agent appear to be posturing for.

Totally false.

WolfpackGuy
03-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Cassel could surprise, but noone (I hope) is going to confuse the offensive talent (or lack thereof) of the 2009 Cheaps with the 1999-2001 Rams.

rastaman
03-22-2009, 08:53 AM
We don't need brand new threads every time someone decides they are in love with Cutler/McD or a supposed trade senario comes up :thumbsup:

So I've been told!:sunshine: You're late to the complaint.

Drek
03-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Well don't get me wrong.....I watch the NFL b/c of the players ability to perform at a high level of expertise. But I also have a place of empathy in my heart for these atheletes b/c they play such a violent game and once they can't get it done anymore, teams and fans do tend to discard these warrirors like fridays trash pickup!

Great. Same thing happens to our fighting men and women overseas and they don't get paid seven figures to do it.

Or fire fighters. Police officers. I could go on.

A lot of people do necessary jobs that put themselves in as much physical danger every day as what a pro football player experiences on Sundays. None of them get paid millions annually to do it. Athletes make the big bucks because it entertains people. The notion that acknowledging that is somehow lacking in empathy or compassion towards the players is misguided at best, blind hero worship at worst.

If Cutler doesn't want to entertain ME, a Bronco fan, on Sundays then I got no use for the guy professionally. I don't wish ill on him or anything but that is where I stand. I'm a fan of the club because having a perceived vested interest make watching games on Sunday that much more enjoyable, and provides hours of speculative discussion on places like this. But if a player doesn't want to be a Bronco then I could give too ****s.

A good example. I donate to the local fire department's scholarship program on an annual basis. They put their lives on the line to help people in the community, any little bit I can do to take the burden off them when it comes to paying their kids' college tuition I'm happy to help with. But if some random dude asks for the same donation but does nothing to service the community I'll probably tell him to go piss up a rope and find a better job.

Broncos4tw
03-22-2009, 08:59 AM
I keep hearing the reason Jay is not back is completely his and his agent's fault, because they are trying to shove a huge contract under the Bronco's noses.

Could you folks who keep using this as an excuse please produce a source? I seem to have completely missed the news stories about this huge, greed-induced contract that is holding things up.

If you can't, you should probably stop using that has a hinge pin to your theories, as it is just wild speculation.

Dedhed
03-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Totally false.
Another thoughtful and illuminating post from Mock, yay!

Dedhed
03-22-2009, 09:08 AM
I keep hearing the reason Jay is not back is completely his and his agent's fault, because they are trying to shove a huge contract under the Bronco's noses.

Could you folks who keep using this as an excuse please produce a source? I seem to have completely missed the news stories about this huge, greed-induced contract that is holding things up.

If you can't, you should probably stop using that has a hinge pin to your theories, as it is just wild speculation.The only excusable reason for Jay to be holding out, imo, is that he wants a new deal. The other possible reasons are far worse indictments on his character than wanting to get paid. So I'm giving Jay the benefit of the doubt that his agent is telling him this is a chance to get a bigger check.

baja
03-22-2009, 09:19 AM

But we have only 11 pages of thread titles on this

maher_tyler
03-22-2009, 09:33 AM
But we have only 11 pages of thread titles on this

Is that a lot??

baja
03-22-2009, 09:43 AM

If you can't, you should probably stop using that has a hinge pin to your theories, as it is just wild speculation.

I made that speculation here weeks ago, later there was more speculation in the press and it seemed to grow legs from there. ;D

baja
03-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Is that a lot??

It takes 11 pages just to list the thread titles so I'd say yes.

fdf
03-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Boy talking about indentured servitude. . . 0

Yes, this is exactly like indentured servitude. The Broncos sent slave ships to Santa Claus Indiana and captured Jay. It was entirely against his consent and he did not sign any contracts. They put him in chains in the hold of the ship and sailed to Denver. He is forced to work for no money and he is beaten when he disobeys. If he tries to escape, teams of men and bloodhounds hunt him down and bring him back in chains.