PDA

View Full Version : PFT: Cutler "Auction" to open Sunday?

Popps
03-22-2009, 02:03 AM
Consider the source, but they speculate things could heat up today....

CUTLER DRAMA WILL HIGHLIGHT LEAGUE MEETINGS
Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2009, 10:44 p.m.
By leaking on Friday that more than ten teams have inquired about quarterback Jay Cutler, the Denver Broncos essentially announced that the auction is open.

Just as the 32 NFL franchise gather for the annual league meetings in California on Sunday.

Since Denver’s deteriorating relationship with Cutler provides no inherent leverage for trade talks, the Broncos need two or more teams to commence the process of jockeying for his services.

John Keim of dcexaminer.com recently reiterated something we’ve been hearing for nearly a week — the Redskins are interested.

Many other teams also could be, since Cutler provides a better option than the current starter in many NFL cities.

In our view, Cutler would provide an instant upgrade for the Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Browns, Titans, Jaguars, Texans, Raiders, Redskins, Bears, Vikings, Lions, Buccaneers, and 49ers.

Other teams, like the Panthers, Seahawks, Eagles, and Rams, should at least explore whether it makes sense to make a play for Cutler — and then to part ways with their current veteran signal-callers.

Here’s another factor to keep in mind: Any team pondering the possibility of hiring Mike Shanahan in 2010 should be considering Jay Cutler in 2009. (For that reason alone, it makes sense that the Redskins would be interested.)

It also makes us wonder whether Jerry Jones has toyed with what would be a blockbuster deal bringing Cutler to the Cowboys and sending Tony Romo to the Broncos or, alternatively, to a third team that would then ship multiple players and/or picks to Denver.

Bottom line? It’s crazy that the situation between Cutler and the Broncos has gotten to this point, and it would be foolish to rule out a resolution that, in hindsight, would appear even crazier.

Popps
03-22-2009, 02:04 AM
Since Denver’s deteriorating relationship with Cutler provides no inherent leverage for trade talks

Yep... and that may be why you're starting to see some people speculate that we'll just keep him.

Obviously, a negative situation (real or perceived) hurts trade value. Pretty basic math.

chrisp
03-22-2009, 02:20 AM
Jason Campbell and a first for Cutler? Right now I'd take that in a heartbeat....

Although, if I'm honest I don't think Cutler will be traded. I think McDaniels wants to find out if Simms can play or not, and then he'll decide what to do with Cutler. If it turns out that Simms is Matt Cassell mk II then Jay could be traded NEXT year. That means Jay either sits out a year or sucks it up and plays for us...

and the best way for these two to bury the hatchet is to start playing and winning. Hopefully Jay will be all business once he puts the pads back on.....

Taco John
03-22-2009, 02:21 AM
Since Denver’s deteriorating relationship with Cutler provides no inherent leverage for trade talks

Yep... and that may be why you're starting to see some people speculate that we'll just keep him.

Obviously, a negative situation (real or perceived) hurts trade value. Pretty basic math.

http://www.wesleyjsmith.com/blog/uploaded_images/cherry-791168.jpg

It's ok man. You don't have to twist into contortions every time something comes out that invalidates one of your earlier positions. It's fine to just wait and see what we get and hope for the best.

Taco John
03-22-2009, 02:23 AM
I'm having a hard time deciding whether it's better to trade Cutler and eliminate the locker room distraction that is bound to happen the first time McDaniels or Cutler makes a mistake, or whether they will be able to put aside egos and work together. The second scenario seems far fetched to me.

Popps
03-22-2009, 02:27 AM
http://www.wesleyjsmith.com/blog/uploaded_images/cherry-791168.jpg

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Pseudofool
03-22-2009, 02:29 AM
There's no harm in listening to offers now. You only trade him if you have an offer you can't refuse. (And there's reason to think in a bidding war a team will overpay for his services).

Three years is a long time, and I think McD and Cutler will win together regardless of their personal relationship now--and winning of course, will fix everything.

The Broncos don't have to trade Cutler, and once they refuse Cutler will embrace being the Broncos QB (if he doesn't he's taking the Jeff George path out of the NFL).

Popps
03-22-2009, 02:30 AM
I'm having a hard time deciding whether it's better to trade Cutler and eliminate the locker room distraction that is bound to happen the first time McDaniels or Cutler makes a mistake.

It's an interesting topic.

The reality is that it would take a major PR effort on the part of everyone involved to ensure the vulture media that this is put behind them. Even the fans will be looking for trouble at every turn.

Again, and this isn't about being right, Taco... but that's why I've been so pissed about the way Cutler has reacted, here from the start. YES, I get that he's upset... but he just about cut of the proverbial nose to spite the face right from the beginning.

You ask a good question. I'd like Cutler to stay, but how does this thing get put back together. Winning helps, but it may be a while before we're doing that, no matter who is QB.

It's a tricky situation. It's not one without a possible solution, but the trade sure seems like the easier way out at this point, oddly .

watermock
03-22-2009, 02:30 AM
Jason Campbell and a first for Cutler? Right now I'd take that in a heartbeat....

You betcha! A washout QB and a midround pick sounds great, cut your losses Pat.

Taco John
03-22-2009, 02:43 AM
My heart says keep Cutler. My head, knowing that we're stuck with McDaniels at this point, says to trade him.

I go with my head. We need to trade him.

...and I don't know that I'll ever forgive Bowlen for flinching in the middle of a successful rebuild.

Popps
03-22-2009, 02:48 AM
My heart says keep Cutler. My head, knowing that we're stuck with McDaniels at this point, says to trade him.

...and I don't know that I'll ever forgive Bowlen for flinching in the middle of a successful rebuild.

Don't start with the successful rebuild business again. Our record hasn't gotten any better in three years, and our defense got progressively worse. Our offense put up more yardage. Whoopee!

His time had come, man. I love the guy... love what he did for us, but he had plenty of time, and a change was needed.

We're going to build a complete team, dude. I'm thrilled, because this is what I've been begging for, for almost a decade. I'd love it to include Cutler, but not at the cost of the team-concept, just as others have stated.

Pseudofool
03-22-2009, 02:52 AM
We all like to be a bit pollyanne-ish on keeping Cutler around. Even if things get smoothed out, this talk will surface in three years (or whatever amount of time if he's extended, or paid too cheaply).

watermock
03-22-2009, 03:06 AM
Don't start with the successful rebuild business again. Our record hasn't gotten any better in three years, and our defense got progressively worse. Our offense put up more yardage. Whoopee!

But we did have a probowl QB and WR, plus a dominate rookie LT and WR.

Yes, we gave up an average 37 point our last 3 games, but had 9 picks and 37 million to fix that, this year!

Bowlen wasn't even smart enough to fire Slowick over Shanny's head, and force a resign. WTf is that but showing incompetence?

**** it, I'll be watching Saban and Urban battling it out on saturday next year, I might get 2 games on TV of the broncos.

watermock
03-22-2009, 03:16 AM
We're going to build a complete team, dude. I'm thrilled, because this is what I've been begging for, for almost a decade. I'd love it to include Cutler, but not at the cost of the team-concept, just as others have stated.

Begging is for dogs, Dude.

Team concept?

Right now the Owner is in Cali, the QB is in Tenn, Marshall is god knows where, Sheff is on the block, and the GM is autistic.

Bowlen will try to save face by dealing Cutler this week, but behind his back, unless he gets 2 firsts and a starter, will be laughed at.

watermock
03-22-2009, 03:23 AM
His time had come, man. I love the guy... love what he did for us, but he had plenty of time, and a change was needed.

I love the guy, but it's time for a change?

Plenty of time? 2nd year starter probowl? Broke Elway's record?

Popps
03-22-2009, 03:24 AM
Well, I will agree... the ultimate disaster here would be to get poor value for Cutler.

Man, you want to see this place blow up? If we dump the guy for a low first and a mid-level player, Taco will have to buy new servers.

Popps
03-22-2009, 03:24 AM
I love the guy, but it's time for a change?

Plenty of time? 2nd year starter probowl? Broke Elway's record?

Shanahan, Mock... Shanahan. Not Cutler. Wrong guy.

Blueflame
03-22-2009, 03:56 AM

Reluctantly have to agree. But trading Cutler means we again have to search for yet another "franchise QB"... after the Patriot is fired (IMO, 2-3 years tops)

Hulamau
03-22-2009, 05:08 AM
My gut still says they will work this out. IF Cutler sees the light as well and this isn't really some play simply to get him out of town and perhaps reunite him with Shanny.

I too want this to work out , but if it doesn't we've got to get a steller deal for him period. if it isn't solid don't pull the trigger and let him sit a year.. I guarantee he'll still play and play well for his own reputation. We can afford it.

Am very interested to hear Bowlen's in-depth account of the whole mess once the thing is settled as he promised. And he is right to have MD settle it. Give him plenty of advice and direction but he has to do it and grow from the whole thing as well.

Ratboy
03-22-2009, 05:17 AM
McDaniels, if smart, keeps Cutler.

If we trade Cutler, and have 2 losing seasons , I guarantee you, he is fired.

If we keep Cutler and we have 2 losing seasons, his job, most likely will be safe.

McDaniels, at this point, HAS to keep Jay Cutler.

Broncoman13
03-22-2009, 05:54 AM

I agree but there is obviously still a lot of interest in the guy. The beauty of the matter is that the Broncos can keep him. And, being a believer in the "they can fix their relationship" as they have not worked with each other in the past... I think we're in a win/win situation. IF the Broncos trade Jay Cutler, it will be because they were presented with a very sweet deal! If they do not trade him, McD will go to Cutler and tell him that a number of players and draft picks were not enough (or greater than Cutler) to prevent them from trying to mend their relationship with Jay. In fact, they may end up taking the same angle of saying, "we never even tried to trade Jay".

elsid13
03-22-2009, 06:07 AM

Although, if I'm honest I don't think Cutler will be traded. I think McDaniels wants to find out if Simms can play or not, and then he'll decide what to do with Cutler. If it turns out that Simms is Matt Cassell mk II then Jay could be traded NEXT year. That means Jay either sits out a year or sucks it up and plays for us...

and the best way for these two to bury the hatchet is to start playing and winning. Hopefully Jay will be all business once he puts the pads back on.....

Campbell is horrible, there is a reason that skins have not start negotiating with him even thought this is last year of his contract.

Rabb
03-22-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm having a hard time deciding whether it's better to trade Cutler and eliminate the locker room distraction that is bound to happen the first time McDaniels or Cutler makes a mistake, or whether they will be able to put aside egos and work together. The second scenario seems far fetched to me.

my concern is really for the future (in either case obviously) if they keep him, and whether or not we revisit this crap every year or so

if that is going to be the case I would say unfortunately, dump him

hindsight is the only thing that will know for sure with this one and it sucks

theAPAOps5
03-22-2009, 09:21 AM

...and I don't know that I'll ever forgive Bowlen for flinching in the middle of a successful rebuild ON OFFENSE.

Fixed that for you.

brncobrett
03-22-2009, 09:30 AM
If I'm McDaniels, the only intrest I'd have in trading Cutler would be if Dallas came knockin. Romo? you bet...

colonelbeef
03-22-2009, 09:40 AM

that is the first thing you have typed in at least 2 months that I have agreed with, thought I should point it out.

Rich Karlis
03-22-2009, 09:44 AM
IF the Broncos trade Jay Cutler, it will be because they were presented with a very sweet deal!

I am really starting to think that sweet deal is going to come from the Jets. If Woody Johnson starts to fall in love with Cutler like he did with Favre last year then this could get real interesting. Woody told Tannenbaum last year to stop at nothing to get Favre and he got him. Also the Jets are finishing up a new stadium out here and theres still a bunch of seats to sell with PSL's attached and obtaining a young franchise QB would certainly help sales.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-22-2009, 10:47 AM

If we keep Cutler and we have 2 losing seasons, his job, most likely will be safe.

No he doesn't, especially if Pat is on his side, which none of us know for sure. If Pat thinks Jay is in the wrong, Josh gets a much bigger leash since he will now have to find a QB. If Josh can't make any steps towards fixing the defense when he has JC, BM, TS, ER, RC, etc. on offense, he doesn't get near as long.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Since Denver’s deteriorating relationship with Cutler provides no inherent leverage for trade talks, the Broncos need two or more teams to commence the process of jockeying for his services.

Way to go Florio!! You straddle the fence with such ease. Of course you do miss the obvious point when you write crap like this, Cutler isn't TO or Pac Man errrrr Adam Jones, someone of his age and skill set will have more than 2 teams vying for services if he was in fact on the market. Leverage is only an issue when someone wants out and there are no takers. There were at least 3 teams trying to get Cutler when Denver wasn't even trying to shop him. So by just knowing the timeline and history of this whole ordeal, you in fact see that 2 or more teams were trying to acquire Jay's services.

This ranks up there with your post the other day throwing Joe Ellis' name out, who has nothing to do with the personnel side of things, but it's your attempt to make you look like you have some idea of the power structure in Denver.

Try again.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Reluctantly have to agree. But trading Cutler means we again have to search for yet another "franchise QB"... after the Patriot is fired (IMO, 2-3 years tops)

Because it's quite obvious McDaniels' will fail. Of course, after all the stellar takes you've produced the past few weeks have shown you know dick about football or this team. I mean he's from the Belichek coaching tree, and that's all you need to know about him. Tell us again how Trevor Pryce was an impact D-Lineman during his rookie season too.

lex
03-22-2009, 10:57 AM

Except McDaniels doesnt believe this.

lex
03-22-2009, 10:59 AM
If I'm McDaniels, the only intrest I'd have in trading Cutler would be if Dallas came knockin. Romo? you bet...

Why? Romo doesnt have the arm, is older, and is mistake prone. Youre better off with Cutler.

broncofan2438
03-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Another stupid article

Broncojef
03-22-2009, 11:52 AM

This isn't about job security for McD, if he's let go today he has a job before the end of it somewhere as an OC. He's obviously trying to build a construct similar to NE with a team above player mentality. The real problem I see is if he can't build that. if jay stays and continues to act the fool and he never builds that team construct we are hosed. I see Jay more as a liability than an asset at this point in the scenario we are trying to build out. At this point the BRONCOS need to get their first rounders, cut bait and move forward.

lex
03-22-2009, 11:54 AM
I am really starting to think that sweet deal is going to come from the Jets. If Woody Johnson starts to fall in love with Cutler like he did with Favre last year then this could get real interesting. Woody told Tannenbaum last year to stop at nothing to get Favre and he got him. Also the Jets are finishing up a new stadium out here and theres still a bunch of seats to sell with PSL's attached and obtaining a young franchise QB would certainly help sales.

Thats great but they dont have the ammo.

NFLBRONCO
03-22-2009, 12:02 PM

Let's be honest here most think we'd be lucky to win 8 games in 09 with Cutler new system schedule. Bowlen is fed up with the way Cutler handled this situation so he's backing McD. Face it the rebuild of the D will take 2 or 3 yrs without a trade. If we do make a trade I think by May 2010 with right choices we might be pretty solid on D.

So if we are minus our star QB and a crappy D I can't see how Bowlen would fire Josh before 3 yrs unless no fans show up which won't happen either. I don't see a move until Shanny coaches again he might sit our 2 yrs.

I wish we could resolve this with Cutler but, everyday goes by I wonder it might be best for us to get past this drama and next yrs drama moving him now. If we went 11-5 I could see things smooth over enough to get past this but, if we go 6-10 we will surely revisit this next year.

Now the trade it is a must for Denver to get a trade they can't refuse if not let him stay. Alot of these trade packages I see here are awful. Denver needs to stockpile quality picks and get solid players in return for Cutler.

Now the planning of trading Cutler. McD did not look at whole picture enough. At least offer him up in a better draft class not a weak one. I think it was Cassel tunnel vision without a backup plan of Cutler being upset. I think 2010 would have been a smarter time to evaluate QB position whether you want him or trade him longterm. I would have liked to see one draft from the new guys before making a trade like Cutler.

The return of the trade is key. Denver must hit the mark on the picks they will aquire from Cutler or it will set us back for awhile.

The whole offseason I was expecting a Doom trade and its Cutler as the possible trade.

This is going to be a wild draft. I still think we should wait til draft day for move but, I think we will get an idea by friday what will happen.

Denver should ask for minimum of

2 #1's and a quality player (If 09 pick is top 10)

3 #1's (If its a mid/low #1 in 09)

My fear is Denver will give him up too easily at a cheap price. Take too many players instead of picks. We are rebuilding let's build via draft.

lex
03-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Let's be honest here most think we'd be lucky to win 8 games in 09 with Cutler new system schedule. Bowlen is fed up with the way Cutler handled this situation so he's backing McD. Face it the rebuild of the D will take 2 or 3 yrs without a trade. If we do make a trade I think by May 2010 with right choices we might be pretty solid on D.

So if we are minus our star QB and a crappy D I can't see how Bowlen would fire Josh before 3 yrs unless no fans show up which won't happen either. I don't see a move until Shanny coaches again he might sit our 2 yrs.

I wish we could resolve this with Cutler but, everyday goes by I wonder it might be best for us to get past this drama and next yrs drama moving him now. If we went 11-5 I could see things smooth over enough to get past this but, if we go 6-10 we will surely revisit this next year.

Now the trade it is a must for Denver to get a trade they can't refuse if not let him stay. Alot of these trade packages I see here are awful. Denver needs to stockpile quality picks and get solid players in return for Cutler.

Now the planning of trading Cutler. McD did not look at whole picture enough. At least offer him up in a better draft class not a weak one. I think it was Cassel tunnel vision without a backup plan of Cutler being upset. I think 2010 would have been a smarter time to evaluate QB position whether you want him or trade him longterm. I would have liked to see one draft from the new guys before making a trade like Cutler.

The return of the trade is key. Denver must hit the mark on the picks they will aquire from Cutler or it will set us back for awhile.

The whole offseason I was expecting a Doom trade and its Cutler as the possible trade.

This is going to be a wild draft. I still think we should wait til draft day for move but, I think we will get an idea by friday what will happen.

Denver should ask for minimum of

2 #1's and a quality player (If 09 pick is top 10)

3 #1's (If its a mid/low #1 in 09)

My fear is Denver will give him up too easily at a cheap price. Take too many players instead of picks. We are rebuilding let's build via draft.

What makes you so sure its that and not the fact that me might have screwed up selecting a head coach but is too stubborn and refuses to admit it?

If theres one thing we've learned about Bowlen, its that you cant rely on anything he says.

I wouldnt be surprised if he's angling to move the team.

Rabb
03-22-2009, 12:17 PM
some say stubborn, others say sticking by your choice...either way just stick with something consistently Pat including your stance and opinions

and I don't see them moving from Denver, seriously that is a major reach...this has to be one of the best sports towns around, especially for football...what would he gain from anywhere else that is not a HUGE market?

lod01
03-22-2009, 12:23 PM

All you are getting is a 1st for Cutler. Campbell sucks. There is a reason Washington wants Cutler. They have had enough of their athletic QB.

NFLBRONCO
03-22-2009, 12:23 PM
What makes you so sure its that and not the fact that me might have screwed up selecting a head coach but is too stubborn and refuses to admit it?

If theres one thing we've learned about Bowlen, its that you cant rely on anything he says.

I just sit back and watch nothing else I can do. Yeah I don't believe everything Boiwlen says but, its his team not mine. I think even the fans need to step back and relax we can what IF ourselves to death.

BroncoMan4ever
03-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Begging is for dogs, Dude.

Team concept?

Right now the Owner is in Cali, the QB is in Tenn, Marshall is god knows where, Sheff is on the block, and the GM is autistic.

Bowlen will try to save face by dealing Cutler this week, but behind his back, unless he gets 2 firsts and a starter, will be laughed at.

and even that will probably get him laughed at. Jay's value is a lot higher than some random starter and 2 draft picks that may or may not be any good.

Popps
03-22-2009, 12:41 PM
This isn't about job security for McD, if he's let go today he has a job before the end of it somewhere as an OC. He's obviously trying to build a construct similar to NE with a team above player mentality. The real problem I see is if he can't build that. if jay stays and continues to act the fool and he never builds that team construct we are hosed. I see Jay more as a liability than an asset at this point in the scenario we are trying to build out. At this point the BRONCOS need to get their first rounders, cut bait and move forward.

Good overview.

Still, I'm holding out a shred of hope that fences can be mended. (Which really means, Jay will come in and honor his contract before we extend him.)

I wonder exactly what Jay and his agent want, contract-wise. There's the rumor that he wants to be the highest paid QB in the game. If that's the case, is he worth it, and how can our new staff give him that kind of $ without seeing him play in their system?

baja
03-22-2009, 12:45 PM

<b>I wouldnt be surprised if he's angling to move the team.

Brand new stadium complements of the tax payers - 5 year waiting list for tickets - one of the best football towns in America, ya I can see that.

Jesus it just gets more asinine around here.

Note to self;

Baja step away from the computer it's killing brain cells by association.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-22-2009, 12:49 PM

Crack kills son. Do you immediately jump to the most extreme, irrational conclusions in real life too?

Yeah, an owner of a team that's sold out for around 30 straight years that's top dog in a major sports town is angling to move the team based on . . . . Exactly, there's no reason to.

barryr
03-22-2009, 01:01 PM
The Shanahan believers still think despite 3 years of trying, he was about to fix the defense even while keeping Slowik in the process. No playoffs in 3 years and 1 playoff win the last 10, but Shanahan was about to put the team over the top. Whatever.

HEAV
03-22-2009, 01:08 PM

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9531/lrgquacluckcoo.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lrgquacluckcoo.jpg)

barryr
03-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Crack kills son. Do you immediately jump to the most extreme, irrational conclusions in real life too?

Yeah, an owner of a team that's sold out for around 30 straight years that's top dog in a major sports town is angling to move the team based on . . . . Exactly, there's no reason to.

Yes, he does jump to stupid conclusions, it's been a pattern.

broncocalijohn
03-22-2009, 01:16 PM

That might be something but I like the fact that Washington loves to overspend in free agency so a trade might get us some extras that other teams would not give us. If Cutler doesnt show up for any camp and starts to get fined, he might be hard heated enough to sit out the season.

DBroncos4life
03-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Because it's quite obvious McDaniels' will fail. Of course, after all the stellar takes you've produced the past few weeks have shown you know dick about football or this team. I mean he's from the Belichek coaching tree, and that's all you need to know about him. Tell us again how Trevor Pryce was an impact D-Lineman during his rookie season too.

Herc pick a side. :P

Blueflame
03-22-2009, 01:31 PM

Because of our tough schedule, I (and quite a few others on this board according to a recent poll) do not expect this team to get to .500 in '09. While I genuinely hope I'm wrong, I do think a more-realistic expectation is 5-6 wins. And while this take may not be universally-popular, it is what it is: one football fan's opinion.

FireFly
03-22-2009, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=chrisp;2347387]Jason Campbell and a first for Cutler? Right now I'd take that in a heartbeat....

QUOTE]

I would rather start Simms.

Campbell is terrible and will never ever be an elite QB. I doubt he even ever become top 20 in the league at any given time.

Broncojef
03-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Because of our tough schedule, I (and quite a few others on this board according to a recent poll) do not expect this team to get to .500 in '09. While I genuinely hope I'm wrong, I do think a more-realistic expectation is 5-6 wins. And while this take may not be universally-popular, it is what it is: one football fan's opinion.

I think you are on the money in your assessment on how good we'll be this year. I think with Cutler, with Shanny, with McD, whatever we will or would have struggled this next year. The real question is we are on track to fix this mess and build the next dynasty? We definitely needed a change IMO, and I hope McD has the gameplan to bring us up from where we've been lately.

Malcontent
03-22-2009, 05:54 PM

Much agree with this!

watermock
03-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Good overview.

Still, I'm holding out a shred of hope that fences can be mended. (Which really means, Jay will come in and honor his contract before we extend him.)

I wonder exactly what Jay and his agent want, contract-wise. There's the rumor that he wants to be the highest paid QB in the game. If that's the case, is he worth it, and how can our new staff give him that kind of $ without seeing him play in their system?

link?

I doubt you have one. Maybe after the next 2 years, that's an eternity right now with the uncapped year coming up.

DrFate
03-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Jason Campbell and a first for Cutler? Right now I'd take that in a heartbeat....winning.

Have you ever seen Campbell play? He's awful.

Popps
03-22-2009, 07:37 PM
link?

I doubt you have one. Maybe after the next 2 years, that's an eternity right now with the uncapped year coming up.

It's just rumor, dude. RUMOR. It's not fact. Speculation is rampant that this is Bus Cook dangling Jay's strings making him dance... in efforts to land a huge contract.

It makes sense if you look at the events as they've unfolded.

2KBack
03-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Have you ever seen Campbell play? He's awful.

I don't think that he is assuredly awful yet. Washington has a **** oline, and a bunch of undersized Wideouts, but still managed his way to a solid QB rating and an fantastic INT%.

brncobrett
03-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Why? Romo doesnt have the arm, is older, and is mistake prone. Youre better off with Cutler.

Mistake prone, like Cutler? I'm saying if your gonna trade him and get a starter in return this is your best starter. Yes he's older but wiser in a sense.
Better than McNabb,Campbell,Anderson,Cassell and Quinn hands down..Plus if Mike wants to coach in Dallas next year he'll have his own qb...