PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs New Orleans; NFL network

SpiritGuy
03-21-2009, 12:54 PM
For those of you that may be interested they are replaying the Denver vs New Orleans game from Sept 21st 2008 on NFL network.

Sunday the 22nd at 5:30 Pm.

WolfpackGuy
03-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Awesome game as I was there. :)
Thank you Martin Grammatica!

TheReverend
03-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Gotta catch it. I wanna see the Scheffler "fumble" again.

Sassy
03-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Orangemane Weekend Game!!!

Punisher
03-21-2009, 01:20 PM
oh man the defense in this game suck soo much balls

rovolution
03-21-2009, 01:55 PM
i was at this game. a real fun one. Saw B-Marsh catch that sweet TD pass right in front of me.

s0phr0syne
03-22-2009, 10:46 PM
wow, I really enjoyed re-watching parts of this game.

I don't know why, but with the whole McJaygate going on, I'd forgotten about our offense and just how much fun it was to watch at times last season, especially before every running back died and went on IR.

The 4-down goal line stand by our defense at the end of the first half was glorious, and probably had some divine intervention in terms of pointing our LBs to clog up the right gap.

Marshall made some clutch catches, but you could also see some of the dropsies that plagued him through the season. I was pretty impressed by Hall's burst, and even Selvin made some nice runs. Watching Hillis at FB was refreshing...I guess that's before he got benched and also before he made his return during the Miami game?

Watching the game was also a bit somber--I don't know if we'll be able to see Jay in that Shanahan-Bates system again. I really enjoyed the bootlegs and gunslinger mentality from Shanny's West Coast, as well as the spread/Patriot system that Bates implemented. As an out of state fan, that's one of the reasons I jumped on the Bronco bandwagon and never looked back; I really loved the way that Shanny's offenses operated. It just seemed like his offensive philosophy meshed well with what I thought I would do if I were a coordinator.

Anyway, anyone else have thoughts after re-watching this, and/or other games from the past season?

Archer81
03-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Funny, even now watching our defense pisses me off.

:Broncos: