PDA

View Full Version : Josh McDaniels Caption Thread (Fire Him - Nuggets Game)

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2009, 12:21 AM
I saw this on a news site about fans protesting what's going on.

It seems like you could make some funny captions/photoshops with this.

Just post captions or funny edits as you want, and lets have a little fun.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2988/joshmcdaniels.jpg

Crushaholic
03-21-2009, 12:23 AM
"I have no clue whether or not McDaniels will work out, so I'll just make assumptions"

OK...That caption was a bit long, but you get my point...Hilarious!

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Here's mine :)

It makes fun of the fact that everything is being made to look like it's a, ok "I'll take care of it" and due to the lack of notice the Broncos are taking to the fans. I think the majority of the fan base truly want's Cutler to stay here along with Josh so we can see the NE spread with Cutler's arm and our receiving core.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4995/joshfanfirehim4e.jpg

Popps
03-21-2009, 01:08 AM

That guy looks like he's pretty kick-ass.

Killericon
03-21-2009, 01:13 AM

lex?

Archer81
03-21-2009, 01:21 AM

I'm so cool I am doing this at a basketball game...

:Broncos:

Archer81
03-21-2009, 01:24 AM

The guy in the lower right corner looks like the dude is blocking his view.

GreatBronco16
03-21-2009, 02:00 AM

Yeah, I just pulled this jersey out of the dirty close hamper.

BroncoMan4ever
03-21-2009, 02:14 AM

i hope to hell that guy was hammered, because otherwise it just makes Broncos fans as a whole look retarded.

i mean i hate McDaniels and will dance a jig when he is canned, but i am not going to a NUGGETS game to broadcast my hate there.

BroncoMan4ever
03-21-2009, 02:28 AM
Here's what he should have said. this entire mess happened when it was taken away.

BroncoInSkinland
03-21-2009, 04:19 AM

The secret to avoiding a throat punch is to tuck the chin.

GreatBronco16
03-21-2009, 05:40 AM

"I swear, I'll keep holding my breath untill you fire him!!"

MechanicalBull
03-21-2009, 06:10 AM

Anchorman: And that's your local weather on the 8's. Now on to Sports. Jay Cutler came back to Denver to take his parents to a Nuggets game.

theAPAOps5
03-21-2009, 06:43 AM
"Punch this idiot in the face". some one should hold up a sign next to him with that.

TheReverend
03-21-2009, 06:51 AM
"Punch this idiot in the face". some one should hold up a sign next to him with that.

Good morning, snookums.

lex
03-21-2009, 07:12 AM

For anyone who thinks Jay is an employee and not a commodity, you should take note of this picture. For anyone who thinks he has no leverage, take a look at this picture.

theAPAOps5
03-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Good morning, snookums.

Yeah the kid decided to wake up at 5:00am. That was a grumpy post!

Dagmar
03-21-2009, 07:29 AM
What a cooooool guy. If my buddy showed up with that I'd tear up his ticket and kick him in the balls.

ATTENTION WHORE!

TheReverend
03-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Yeah the kid decided to wake up at 5:00am. That was a grumpy post!

Slip a little whiskey in her sippy cup.

That's what I did and got a lot more sleep, and she only got dyslexia!

(Disclaimer: None of this post is true)

TheReverend
03-21-2009, 07:30 AM
What a cooooool guy. If my buddy showed up with that I'd tear up his ticket and kick him in the balls.

ATTENTION WHORE!

However, he's apparently getting his point out there.

Broncoman13
03-21-2009, 07:36 AM
"I have no clue whether or not McDaniels will work out, so I'll just make assumptions"

OK...That caption was a bit long, but you get my point...Hilarious!

WINNER!!!!

Crush nailed it and gets the "Dumbest Post of the Day" award!

;D

The odds are not in your favor that somebody will steal away your award before 9... especially if Nicky keeps on posting! :approve:

Broncoman13
03-21-2009, 07:38 AM
"Punch McDaniels in the face". some one should hold up a sign next to him with that.

I thought you liked McD???

theAPAOps5
03-21-2009, 07:42 AM
I thought you liked McD???

Your a little bastard...... ;D

And thats a common misconception around here. I don't like McDaniels, I like what he has done on Defense. I don't like how he handled the Cutler trade proposal but I am going to reserve total judgment on him until after the season.

Now Cutler yeah he needs a few punches in the face, sober him up.

TheReverend
03-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Your a little bastard...... ;D

And thats a common misconception around here. I don't like McDaniels, I like what he has done on Defense. I don't like how he handled the Cutler trade proposal but I am going to reserve total judgment on him until after the season.

Now Cutler yeah he needs a few punches in the face, sober him up.

Every human being on the planet needs a few punches in the face.

theAPAOps5
03-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Every human being on the planet needs a few punches in the face.

Its good for the soul! My kid is pretty good at that right now. That and the rip off the lip and hook the lower jaw maneuver. She might have a future in MMA.

TheReverend
03-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Its good for the soul! My kid is pretty good at that right now. That and the rip off the lip and hook the lower jaw maneuver. She might have a future in MMA.

That doesn't go away. Mine still takes a swing when she gets really pissed at me or thinks it's funny. She gets in trouble, but how can I be that mad? She gets it from her daddy.

She could do one legitimate pull up at one year old!

rad
03-21-2009, 08:28 AM

Hulamau
03-21-2009, 08:28 AM
For anyone who thinks Jay is an employee and not a commodity, you should take note of this picture. For anyone who thinks he has no leverage, take a look at this picture.

HaHaHa! Yeah man! that guy is truly THE very definition of 'leverage' lex, I bet Bowlen and McD just crapped in their pants when they saw this numbskull and his bad wittle sign!

lex
03-21-2009, 08:33 AM
HaHaHa! Yeah man! that guy is truly THE very definition of 'leverage' lex, I bet Bowlen and McD just crapped in their pants when they saw this numbskull and his bad wittle sign!

Youre a fool if you think he doesnt represent a huge segment of the fanbase. In fact, its about 70% of the fan base. Nice try though. And the fact that this guy is doing this at a basketball game shows how volatile it is and also that its not going away.

spdirty
03-21-2009, 08:44 AM

Moooooooom, stop rolling your eyes, Im making a therious point heeeeeeere.

On a side not, I might be going to the Utah Jazz game April 2. Look for me guys. :)

DenverBrit
03-21-2009, 09:10 AM

Why? ???

lex
03-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Why? ???

Because the players are the end product.

DenverBrit
03-21-2009, 09:15 AM

The protester will have an impact......there is a precedent! Hilarious!

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Mac2311/hooters-protest.jpg

DenverBrit
03-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Because the players are the end product.

And the picture proves this how??

lex
03-21-2009, 09:18 AM
And the picture proves this how??

Wow,... just wow. Just disregard what I said. It was obviously too abstract.

DenverBrit
03-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Wow,... just wow.

If you can't make your case, say so. ROFL!

lex
03-21-2009, 09:22 AM
If you can't make your case, say so. ROFL!

Im not really questioning my ability to explain it in a general sense.

TonyR
03-21-2009, 09:26 AM
In fact, its about 70% of the fan base.

Fact? How is this even remotely a fact?

DenverBrit
03-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Wow,... just wow. Just disregard what I said. It was obviously too abstract.

Maybe....or maybe it didn't make any sense.

So why don't you explain what you meant?

lex
03-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Fact? How is this even remotely a fact?

Two seperate polls that had the same results.

lex
03-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Maybe....or maybe it didn't make any sense.

So why don't you explain what you meant?

No, Im leaving the burden to you.

TonyR
03-21-2009, 09:30 AM
...i mean i hate McDaniels...

Do you just randomly go around "hating" people? Just because? This whole "I hate McDaniels" mentality which is so pervasive on this forum is just so ignorant and juvenile and ridiculous. Try to rationalize why you "hate" the guy and then perhaps consider getting yourself into therapy.

TheReverend
03-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Do you just randomly go around "hating" people? Just because? This whole "I hate McDaniels" mentality which is so pervasive on this forum is just so ignorant and juvenile and ridiculous. Try to rationalize why you "hate" the guy and then perhaps consider getting yourself into therapy.

I find it hard to believe you've never hated someone you've never met

DenverBrit
No, Im leaving the burden to you.

LOL LOL :spit:

TonyR
Two seperate polls that had the same results.

Yes, I'm sure those polls were scientifically designed and conducted and are therefore representative of the fan base.

lex
03-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Yes, I'm sure those polls were scientifically designed and conducted and are therefore representative of the fan base.

And, yet, you have nothing to the contrary. Let me know when you do.

TonyR
03-21-2009, 09:35 AM
I find it hard to believe you've never hated someone you've never met

Oh I certainly have, but I'd like to think I at least have some basis for doing so. I'm not sure we know enough about Josh or this whole drama to be holding such an extreme position at this point. I'm currently on McD's "side" in this whole thing but I certainly don't "hate" Jay. I'm disappointed in him but definitely hope he's my QB next season.

TonyR
03-21-2009, 09:36 AM
And, yet, you have nothing to the contrary. Let me know when you do.

I'm not the one throwing the word "fact" out there without being able to back it up.

I better be careful or I may end up on your "Closet Patriot Fans" list...

lex
03-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Oh I certainly have, but I'd like to think I at least have some basis for doing so. I'm not sure we know enough about Josh or this whole drama to be holding such an extreme position at this point. I'm currently on McD's "side" in this whole thing but I certainly don't "hate" Jay. I'm disappointed in him but definitely hope he's my QB next season.

Speak for yourself. Everyone has their own definition of "knowing enough" and, for that matter, what is "extreme". Youre trying to tether people to your own criteria. Good luck with that.

HorseHead
03-21-2009, 09:38 AM
judging from the look on the lady's face, the guy floated an air biscuit....

PaintballCLE
03-21-2009, 09:39 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/joshmcdaniels.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/mcd.jpg

lex
03-21-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm not the one throwing the word "fact" out there without being able to back it up.

I better be careful or I may end up on your "Closet Patriot Fans" list...

Two seperate polls is good enough. Youre only objecting to it because you disagree with the viewpoint of the majority.

TheReverend
03-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Everyone has their reasons. I don't hate McDaniels, but he's certainly done very little to inspire confidence against a mountain of doubt.

That being said, I would LOVE to see an AIDs spitting cobra thrown at his midsection.

TheReverend
03-21-2009, 09:41 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/joshmcdaniels.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/mcd.jpg

Ha!

winner

SureShot
03-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Here's what he should have said. this entire mess happened when it was taken away.

Winner

Taco John
03-21-2009, 10:14 AM
I think people should give McDaniels the benefit of at leas 8 games before they are public like this with wanting to fire him. We don't even know what the product on the field looks like. Teams in our division are having the same struggles we are. We're still likely going to be competing for a division title.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve criticism. Everyone deserves criticism. But give the guy a chance to prove his moves are right or wrong before calling for his head.

frerottenextelway
03-21-2009, 10:16 AM
I think people should give McDaniels the benefit of at leas 8 games before they are public like this with wanting to fire him. We don't even know what the product on the field looks like. Teams in our division are having the same struggles we are. We're still likely going to be competing for a division title.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve criticism. Everyone deserves criticism. But give the guy a chance to prove his moves are right or wrong before calling for his head.

I think if JC is our starting QB, he'll be given the benefit of the doubt by the crowd. If not, I think our first home loss will be like a New York crowd and it will be ugly.

oubronco
03-21-2009, 10:50 AM
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2988/joshmcdaniels.jpg[/IMG]

This

SoCalBronco
03-21-2009, 10:56 AM
I think people should give McDaniels the benefit of at leas 8 games before they are public like this with wanting to fire him. We don't even know what the product on the field looks like. Teams in our division are having the same struggles we are. .

The Chargers are trying to trade Phillip Rivers?

That's news to me.

I think the bottom line is that he's proven he can **** up a wet dream in no time. That suggests that the longer we give him, the more damage he'll do. He should be fired immediately, IMO.

Archer81
03-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Youre a fool if you think he doesnt represent a huge segment of the fanbase. In fact, its about 70% of the fan base. Nice try though. And the fact that this guy is doing this at a basketball game shows how volatile it is and also that its not going away.

Wow. 70% of the fan base...did you just make that up or what?

TheReverend
03-21-2009, 11:00 AM

That's news to me.

I think the bottom line is that he's proven he can **** up a wet dream in no time. That suggests that the longer we give him, the more damage he'll do. He should be fired immediately, IMO.

I think you need a new avatar (your current one is offensive to me after 5 years :wave: )

Might I suggest a comic strip where Josh McDaniels destroys the economy and then when confronted, says "All we did is answer phones"

Maybe even a four frame strip, where he then trains with Al Qaeda and then when confronted, says "All we did is answer phones"

frerottenextelway
03-21-2009, 11:03 AM
I think you need a new avatar (your current one is offensive to me after 5 years :wave: )

Might I suggest a comic strip where Josh McDaniels destroys the economy and then when confronted, says "All we did is answer phones"

Maybe even a four frame strip, where he then trains with Al Qaeda and then when confronted, says "All we did is answer phones"

I wish I was good at photoshop. I want to do an avatar of Bowlen looking in the mirror and the reflection is Al Davis.

SoCalBronco
03-21-2009, 11:04 AM

Those would be highly amusing and I would certainly be happy to have those as my avatar, but I like my current avatar. :)

Blueflame
03-21-2009, 11:19 AM

That's news to me.

It's difficult to consider him "really a Bronco" yet... with his apparent attitude that "All things Patriot" > "All things Bronco"....

SoCalBronco
03-21-2009, 11:30 AM
It's difficult to consider him "really a Bronco" yet... with his apparent attitude that "All things Patriot" > "All things Bronco"....

I don't think he's really a Bronco, either. He's a very insecure man who's more interested in surrounding himself with yes men, even if at the cost of ripping apart our upcoming Golden Era of offensive football that the prior staff worked so hard to put together. For all of his (and his supporters) accusations that Jay is putting himself above what is best for the team, it is really McDaniels who is putting himself above the team. He's making decisions not based on the best interest, but rather familiarity, insecurity and ego. With the impending loss of Cutler and Scheffler (and probably Marshall after a year or two), this is not unlike the picture of someone toiling in the sun for several hours to put together this really intricate and beautiful sandcastle, only for it to be washed away by the tide in just an instant. These are dark times. We'll eventually survive them to be sure, but it will set the franchise back nonetheless. It is really heartbreaking to see what Bowlen did to his franchise. How he spat upon her and degraded her and abused her. What a shame.

BroncoMan4ever
03-21-2009, 11:31 AM

yes, i randomly go out hating a lot of people, especially when they deserve it. and i hate mcdaniels and would love to punch him in the throat and then kick him in the stones(if he has any, i am not convinced he does)

but my reasoning is i am the type of person who has no respect for ignorance. and a 1st year HC coming into a new situation and even considering for a moment tossing aside a 25 year old pro bowl QB, who has only scratched the surface of the talent he possesses in favor of a career backup is ignorant.

so far this offseason the followers of him all have their head so far up his ass, they don't see that he really hasn't done anything special with the team.
a lot of aged veterans, career backups and underachievers and a long snapper, yet people on here are already following him like he is the messiah.

i also didn't like him as the coaching pick, we needed someone with a defensive mind who would not have dicked around with the offense.

i am not down to see this team become Patriots West(not talking the championships, but the secretive nature, and backstabbing nature of that team)

BroncoMan4ever
03-21-2009, 11:35 AM

i didn't realize that SD was trying to trade off Rivers and Gates, or that the Raiders were looking for suitors for Russell and McFadden, and well it doesn't matter for the chiefs comparison because they don't have anyone.

SureShot
03-21-2009, 11:40 AM

How about a pic of Dove Valley on fire with Josh out front with a gas can and a caption of "I'll take care of it!"

DenverBrit
03-21-2009, 11:43 AM
It is really heartbreaking to see what Bowlen did to his franchise. How he spat upon her and degraded her and abused her. What a shame.

I need a kleenex. ;D

barryr
03-21-2009, 11:44 AM
This "fire McDaniels" crap is just a waste of time. Unless it comes out he lied on his resume or is involved in some illegal activity, Bowlen is not going to fire the guy before he's even coached one game. Try using your time for something else that might actually mean something.

Crushaholic
03-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Those would be highly amusing and I would certainly be happy to have those as my avatar, but I like my current avatar. :)

Or...you could just bring Cameron back...:wiggle:

TheReverend
03-21-2009, 11:55 AM
How about a pic of Dove Valley on fire with Josh out front with a gas can and a caption of "I'll take care of it!"

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Popps
03-21-2009, 12:04 PM

Nah that's just your hang-up. It's even sillier because it's such an obvious act.

Mike Shanahan came into Denver and turned us into the 49ers. No one seemed to mind that.

New coaches bring their philosophies and players.

Welcome to watching pro football.

Popps
03-21-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't think he's really a Bronco, either. He's a very insecure man who's more interested in surrounding himself with yes men, even if at the cost of ripping apart our upcoming Golden Era of offensive football that the prior staff worked so hard to put together. For all of his (and his supporters) accusations that Jay is putting himself above what is best for the team, it is really McDaniels who is putting himself above the team. He's making decisions not based on the best interest, but rather familiarity, insecurity and ego. With the impending loss of Cutler and Scheffler (and probably Marshall after a year or two), this is not unlike the picture of someone toiling in the sun for several hours to put together this really intricate and beautiful sandcastle, only for it to be washed away by the tide in just an instant. These are dark times. We'll eventually survive them to be sure, but it will set the franchise back nonetheless. It is really heartbreaking to see what Bowlen did to his franchise. How he spat upon her and degraded her and abused her. What a shame.

I love you man, but are you for real with this?

lex
03-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Wow. 70% of the fan base...did you just make that up or what?

Try to keep up.

lex
03-21-2009, 12:27 PM
This "fire McDaniels" crap is just a waste of time. Unless it comes out he lied on his resume or is involved in some illegal activity, Bowlen is not going to fire the guy before he's even coached one game. Try using your time for something else that might actually mean something.

In that regard, saying McDaniels is great doesnt mean anything either.

lex
03-21-2009, 12:30 PM

I dont. Its his job to win over the fan base. He's entitled to nothing, especially when you fubar things the way he has.

barryr
03-21-2009, 12:44 PM
In that regard, saying McDaniels is great doesnt mean anything either.

Only idiots like you are jumping to conclusions either way.

lex
03-21-2009, 12:46 PM

Dont let your frustration reveal your shortcomings.

Blueflame
03-21-2009, 12:47 PM

Why is it that the "other side" (the Patriot defenders) show such a strong tendency to immediately start the exchange with namecalling?

barryr
03-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Why is it that the "other side" (the Patriot defenders) show such a strong tendency to immediately start the exchange with namecalling?

Patriot defenders? Like maybe because it's stupid stuff like that that deserve such a response.

barryr
03-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Dont let your frustration reveal your shortcomings.

My shortcomings are reasoned expectations your posts are worth reading.

Blueflame
03-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Patriot defenders? Like maybe because it's stupid stuff like that that deserve such a response.

I don't agree with most of your opinions... don't think I've called you a name... ever... though.

barryr
03-21-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't agree with most of your opinions... don't think I've called you a name... ever... though.

I called you a name? You stated about name calling of a post that wasn't directed at you or anything you posted.

lex
03-21-2009, 01:07 PM
My shortcomings are reasoned expectations your posts are worth reading.

submissiveness and acquiescence is not the same thing as reasoned.

Blueflame
03-21-2009, 01:10 PM
I called you a name? You stated about name calling of a post that wasn't directed at you or anything you posted.

I don't think you've called me a name... but in the post I quoted, you did call Lex an "idiot"...

Others on your side of the debate have also resorted quite often to namecalling; some of it directed at me personally. Just found it interesting...

barryr
03-21-2009, 01:10 PM
submissiveness and acquiescence is not the same thing as reasoned.

Neither is head up the buttisms.

lex
03-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Neither is head up the buttisms.

Youd make a good dog.

barryr
03-21-2009, 01:12 PM
I don't think you've called me a name... but in the post I quoted, you did call Lex an "idiot"...

Others on your side of the debate have also resorted quite often to namecalling; some of it directed at me personally. Just found it interesting...

When a poster routinely labels you something of a closet Patriot fan or some idiocy in every post, then yeah, makes it easy for me to call that person an idiot.

barryr
03-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Youd make a good dog.

And you a blind sheep.

lex
03-21-2009, 01:15 PM
And you a blind sheep.

Youre the one blindly following your shepherd.

Archer81
03-21-2009, 01:41 PM
Try to keep up.

I'm not the one making up statistics to make myself feel better, slick.

lex
03-21-2009, 01:50 PM
I'm not the one making up statistics to make myself feel better, slick.

Youre the one who is making stuff up.

Archer81
03-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Youre the one who is making stuff up.

Uhh...When?

broncofan7
03-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Buy that man a BEER!

BlaK-Argentina
03-21-2009, 02:30 PM
This is getting ugly. Can we go back to 2005 yet?

frerottenextelway
03-21-2009, 04:54 PM
This is getting ugly. Can we go back to 2005 yet?

Screw 2005. Get on board, we're headed to 1997. 8')

http://www.bttfmovie.com/modules/images/1985/large/1985_doc_f.jpg

UberBroncoMan
03-21-2009, 05:40 PM
I kind of thought more funny captions would be made :(... then again most threads turn into something else lol.

barryr
03-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Youre the one blindly following your shepherd.

That makes a lot of sense, much less stupid, but not shocking.

barryr
03-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Uhh...When?

Buzz Cook told him you were.

BroncoMan4ever
03-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Screw 2005. Get on board, we're headed to 1997. 8')

http://www.bttfmovie.com/modules/images/1985/large/1985_doc_f.jpg

where we're going we don't need roads.

lex
03-21-2009, 07:19 PM
That makes a lot of sense, much less stupid, but not shocking.

Youre blindly offering your support to McDaniels. Ergo, your own metaphor better described yourself. I really shouldnt have had to explain this. Some of you are beyond dense.

Spider
03-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Barryr and lex in a cage match ........ On second thought , not such a good Idea , both of them will just winding up making mad man sex to each other ..

Mogulseeker
03-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Slip a little whiskey in her sippy cup.

That's what I did and got a lot more sleep, and she only got dyslexia!

(Disclaimer: None of this post is true)

I know a few people who put a smear of Merlot on their kids gums while they were teething ...

Archer81
03-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I know a few people who put a smear of Merlot on their kids gums while they were teething ...

My dad used Jamisons, rubbed it on our gums to numb them. Course now thats child abuse or some such nonsense.

Blueflame
03-21-2009, 09:59 PM
I've used a tiny touch of powdered cloves to ease teething pain...