PDA

View Full Version : It's now quiet, TOO QUIET IF YOU ASK ME..

garandman
03-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Seems as though nothing but recycled McCutlergate info is being passed around now for a few days. No apparent leaks by boths sides, is it good or bad?

I think something will break this weekend, at least I hope it does, I am tired of the whole thing...

Broncojef
03-20-2009, 02:12 PM
The quiet before the storm.

Florida_Bronco
03-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Seems as though nothing but recycled McCutlergate info is being passed around now for a few days. No apparent leaks by boths sides, is it good or bad?

I think something will break this weekend, at least I hope it does, I am tired of the whole thing...

I'm sure the team would like emotions to cool a bit before they try to deal with this issue.

broncofan2438
03-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I just hope its good news...news that he stays and we can get on to discussing players we can grab in the draft

DomCasual
03-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Something is going on with Jay Cutler?

Hotrod
03-20-2009, 02:18 PM

I think he is selling a house or something.

bronco militia
03-20-2009, 02:20 PM
I think he is selling a house or something.

no dummy, that was his mom and dad ;D

Inkana7
03-20-2009, 02:22 PM

Something with his 'beetus, probably.

OABB
03-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Something with his 'beetus, probably.

no. Some fans are upset because he was caught listening to his ipod outside of mcd's office the other day.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-20-2009, 02:25 PM
I was thinking it was odd that we haven't heard anything new in a few days... hopefully that means Josh is working behind the scenes to get Jay back in the fold.

montrose
03-20-2009, 02:26 PM
This is why I think he'll remain a Bronco this season unless he holds out from mandatory functions. We haven't heard from Cutler or McDaniels since last weekend, only Cook and Bowlen. The more time that progresses without any major developments, the more likely I see Cutler coming back for 2009.

Mind you, I said 2009 because I have major doubts he'll be a Bronco in 2010.

Tombstone RJ
03-20-2009, 02:28 PM

This post reminds me of the first Ghost Busters movie where Bill Murry's character utters the same feeling chasing down a ghost: "It's quiet, too quiet..." ;D

socalorado
03-20-2009, 02:29 PM
This is why I think he'll remain a Bronco this season unless he holds out from mandatory functions. We haven't heard from Cutler or McDaniels since last weekend, only Cook and Bowlen. The more time that progresses without any major developments, the more likely I see Cutler coming back for 2009.

YEah, or over the weekend at the owners meeting all HELL is gonna break loose, and theres gonna be a massive NFL war for Cutler.
I have a feeling its gonna be a busy weekend!

montrose
03-20-2009, 02:32 PM
YEah, or over the weekend at the owners meeting all HELL is gonna break loose, and theres gonna be a massive NFL war for Cutler.
I have a feeling its gonna be a busy weekend!

It could be. At this point we know the rumors are going to fly. The interesting thing will be how both Cutler and the Broncos respond to them. Will the Broncos listen to offers as they've said they do? But they've also said they're not trading him. Will Cutler get upset if he "hears" the Broncos are shopping him? Or, because he requested a trade, does he quietly wait. It will be interesting.

So long as Cutler or Cook aren't making a huge stink of things, there isn't immediate pressure to move him. Now if he goes against his word and skips mandatory functions then that again increases the pressure. But if he reports as he said he would, we'll have Cutler at QB this season. I'd then expect an extremely uncomfortable situation all-the-way around leading his exit before 2010 with the Broncos starting over again at QB after "losing" a season in 2009. Basically, the worst case situation possible.

Gcver2ver3
03-20-2009, 02:35 PM

i see it differently...

i believe it's quiet because he's about to be traded...

if he and Cutler were talking we'd of heard about it IMO...

no leaks because the teams we're talking trade with don't want this to go wrong and McD and company don't want this to blow up in their face (again)...

gadlaw
03-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Thank goodness it's quiet, I want to enjoy a bit of the Basketball tournament, my Dayton Flyers just won over West Virginia. So you know, I'd be obliged if Cutler and McDaniels and everybody else would just chill for a while.

socalorado
03-20-2009, 02:37 PM
It could be. At this point we know the rumors are going to fly. The interesting thing we'll be how both Cutler and the Broncos respond to them. Will the Broncos listen to offers as they've said they do? But they've also said they're not trading him. Will Cutler get upset if he "hears" the Broncos are shopping him? Or, because he requested a trade, does he quietly wait. It will be interesting.

So long as Cutler or Cook aren't making a huge stink of things, there isn't immediate pressure to move him. Now if he goes against his word and skips mandatory functions then that again increases the pressure. But if he reports as he said he would, we'll have Cutler at QB this season. I'd then expect an extremely uncomfortable situation all-the-way around leading his exit before 2010 with the Broncos starting over again at QB after "losing" a season in 2009. Basically, the worst case situation possible.

Well thats the great thing about this meeting. Only owners,coaches will be there! they can discuss trades all day and night and NO ONE will know until the deals done! Cutler wouldnt know about it until he got a cell phone message from Puss Cook telling him hes a Jet or Redskin.
I have no doubt that Bowlen and MCD wont be there 2 seconds before they have 5 offers.
Thats to me the real reason why theres a quiet. All the owners and coaches know that this weekend is their chance to make their pitch, so why bother with all the drama and BS. MAke your deal when you all see each other face to face, and theres no media or a-hole agents to get in the way. The deal will be long done by the time they find out.

RunSilentRunDeep
03-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Say nothing, reject every offer. Wait until a week after the draft to try to meet with Cutler. At that point, he could at least except he ain't going anywhere.

On the flip side, the Broncos could serious embellish they offers they get to make Jay-Jay feel loved. "One team offered us their next four No. 1s!! We laughed at it and said Jay's our guy."

Broncojef
03-20-2009, 02:39 PM
i see it differently...

no leaks because the teams we're talking trade with don't want this to go wrong and McD and company don't want this to blow up in their face (again)...

I think the Broncos should seek an all out full-court fire sale on a Cutler trade at the meeting and then deny it publicly the next day just to watch Jay's head explode. Hilarious!

montrose
03-20-2009, 02:40 PM
i see it differently...

Maybe, although I'd think Denver would wait until their mandatory mini-camp to see if he shows before making a deal unless they have it set in their minds they don't want him.

I certainly don't think Cutler and McDaniels are talking. I'm thinking the Denver strategy (again, if they want to keep him) is to try to let cooler heads prevail and get McDaniels and Cutler to sit down one-on-one during the mini-camp.

montrose
03-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Thank goodness it's quiet, I want to enjoy a bit of the Basketball tournament, my Dayton Flyers just won over West Virginia.

For some godforsaken reason I picked WV to go to the Elite Eight. Talk about a bracket buster.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-20-2009, 02:47 PM
i see it differently...

Not necessarily true. This might be one last, ditch effort to get this worked out. Bowlen goes to McD, tells him that it needs to happen, and it needs to stay quiet. McD flies out of Centennial to Tennessee to sit down with Jay. Bus is not invited or notified.

It could all be worked out quietly. Without Bus there, somehow I doubt any "anonymous sources" would be aware of the situation. Dicks.

Hotrod
03-20-2009, 02:57 PM
I think the Broncos should seek an all out full-court fire sale on a Cutler trade at the meeting and then deny it publicly the next day just to watch Jay's head explode. Hilarious!

LOL I love it

I heard Jay gave out suger free candy at halloween. We dont need that kind of **** in Denver

Chris
03-20-2009, 02:59 PM
ham sammich break.

Gcver2ver3
03-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Maybe, although I'd think Denver would wait until their mandatory mini-camp to see if he shows before making a deal unless they have it set in their minds they don't want him.

I certainly don't think Cutler and McDaniels are talking. I'm thinking the Denver strategy (again, if they want to keep him) is to try to let cooler heads prevail and get McDaniels and Cutler to sit down one-on-one during the mini-camp.

as you point out, it depends on their true intentions...

personally i tend to believe they've long decided they want to trade Cutler, and are only using strategies to drive up his value...

all of a sudden there are "leaks" that 10 teams have called for Cutler and that Denver is still holding out in hopes to work things out...but make it a point to still say they are listening (to offers)?...

it's all a ploy...why listen if you really want the guy?...last i checked he's under contract and has virtually no leverage...

McD/Xanders make it appear they want to keep him so teams will make big enough offers to overwhelm the Broncos into considering a trade...they also leak that many teams have inquired about cutler...

i believe a trade will be agreed on by close of the weekend...

personally, i hope i'm right...

NFLBRONCO
03-20-2009, 03:01 PM
I think its great that all is quiet on this front. I expect it to be quiet til it is resolved one way or the other.

Gcver2ver3
03-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Not necessarily true. This might be one last, ditch effort to get this worked out. Bowlen goes to McD, tells him that it needs to happen, and it needs to stay quiet. McD flies out of Centennial to Tennessee to sit down with Jay. Bus is not invited or notified.

It could all be worked out quietly. Without Bus there, somehow I doubt any "anonymous sources" would be aware of the situation. *****.

unless McD lands in someone's back alley farm, there's not an airport anywhere in Tennessee that won't have someone notice McDaniels landing there...so that's not the case...

maybe by phone but at this point, i don't see this being settled over the phone...basically, these guys are not talking right now...

plus i don't think Bowlen is reaching out to Jay right now either...i believe McD has convinced Bowlen that Cutler is the bad guy and Cutler's agent is not helping by throwing Bowlen under the bus publicly...Bowlen is not happy with Cutler right now...

gadlaw
03-20-2009, 03:06 PM
For some godforsaken reason I picked WV to go to the Elite Eight. Talk about a bracket buster.

After being a fan of the Broncos from the 70's I'm a soft touch for the little guy and at Dayton the only thing they have there is some 1962 NIT championship in their Trophy case, plus I went to school there, they'd be rioting in the Ghetto (student housing area) tonight over this win I imagine if the whole place wasn't shut down for Spring Break (and to keep everyone out of town over St. Paddy's day) I think. :D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-20-2009, 03:10 PM
unless McD lands in someone's back alley farm, there's not an airport anywhere in Tennessee that won't have someone notice McDaniels landing there...so that's not the case...

maybe by phone but at this point, i don't see this being settled over the phone...basically, these guys are not talking right now...

plus i don't think Bowlen is reaching out to Jay right now either...i believe McD has convinced Bowlen that Cutler is the bad guy and Cutler's agent is not helping by throwing Bowlen under the bus publicly...Bowlen is not happy with Cutler right now...

I don't know, man. McDaniels looks like pretty much anyone else, and isn't that famous of a face yet. Throw him in a ballcap and route him through Chicago, I'm not sure anyone in Tennessee (not exactly the smartest place on the map) knows his face well enough to see a guy walking past with a hat and a duffel bag and say "Hey! That's Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels!"

In fact, if someone HAD reported it, I'm somewhat convinced that ESPN would bury the story because it doesn't fit their "Josh McDaniels is an asshole" meme.

NFLBRONCO
03-20-2009, 03:12 PM

Trade him to SD so he can bond with River's.

theAPAOps5
03-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Sandy Clough on the Fan said cooler heads are starting to prevail inside Dove Valley, EXCEPT Bowlen. He is still furious and wants Cutler gone. He insinuated that he won't force a trade but he is furious at how Cutler has responded to this.

Gcver2ver3
03-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Sandy Clough on the Fan said cooler heads are starting to prevail inside Dove Valley, EXCEPT Bowlen. He is still furious and wants Cutler gone. He insinuated that he won't force a trade but he is furious at how Cutler has responded to this.

doesn't surprise me...

Gcver2ver3
03-20-2009, 03:19 PM
I don't know, man. McDaniels looks like pretty much anyone else, and isn't that famous of a face yet. Throw him in a ballcap and route him through Chicago, I'm not sure anyone in Tennessee (not exactly the smartest place on the map) knows his face well enough to see a guy walking past with a hat and a duffel bag and say "Hey! That's Denver Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels!"

In fact, if someone HAD reported it, I'm somewhat convinced that ESPN would bury the story because it doesn't fit their "Josh McDaniels is an a-hole" meme.

let's not forget that Titans fans want Cutler as much as any other team's fans...

for that reason alone McD will not go unrecognized out there...

Hotrod
03-20-2009, 03:20 PM

He should be pissed. He pays Jay way to much $ to have Jay acting like a pussy in public.

montrose
03-20-2009, 03:26 PM

Thanks for the info Apa.

Archer81
03-20-2009, 03:32 PM

So who asked you?

:Broncos:

frerottenextelway
03-20-2009, 03:55 PM

Hmmm... turns out Bowlen was the 25 year old punkass.

Edit: Oh yeah, thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

baja
03-20-2009, 04:00 PM
I just hope its good news...news that he stays and we can get on to discussing players we can grab in the draft

Cutler is not going anywhere and if somehow he does it will be for a kings ransom.

Where's the bad

baja
03-20-2009, 04:02 PM
no dummy, that was his mom and dad ;D

He's selling his mom and dad?

I think there is a law against that.

DBruleU
03-20-2009, 04:18 PM

Or because 2009 comes before 2010.

baja
03-20-2009, 04:20 PM

If true that is decidedly bad news an emotion driven owner is never good.

garandman
03-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info Apa.

Bowlen can pucker up and kiss my A@@, with the embarassment HE started with this whole deal, I don't know if its the alchohol or the alzheimers but Pat needs to look the the freaking mirror " Im here every day, I run the show" ok, right Pat, was that a double again?

Rabb
03-20-2009, 04:31 PM

yep I heard that also, it made me think it is quiet because Pat is going to wait and see what he hears this week at the owner's meetings

garandman
03-20-2009, 04:44 PM
So who asked you?

It's was a rhetorical question Irkle8')

DarkHorse
03-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Quiet because the sky is falling

http://disney-clipart.com/Chicken-Little/Disney-Chicken-Little-Sky-Falling.jpg

WolfpackGuy
03-20-2009, 05:00 PM
The spray tanning is going to Bowlen's brain.

http://www.blacktie-colorado.com/premiere_parties/pics/22118bd56f25441fe81119a55e42fda8.jpg

hambone13
03-20-2009, 05:07 PM

ahhh, that's ok, he'll forget about it in a couple of months....!Booya!

frerottenextelway
03-20-2009, 05:17 PM
ahhh, that's ok, he'll forget about it in a couple of months....!Booya!

we got ourselves a post of the day winner. :notworthy

TonyR
03-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Sandy Clough on the Fan...

How reliable is this guy? And even if cooler heads are prevailing at Dove Valley, are they prevailing wherever the hell Jay Cutler is?!?

BroncoMan4ever
03-20-2009, 06:17 PM
no. Some fans are upset because he was caught listening to his ipod outside of mcd's office the other day.

the nerve of that mother****er. showing disrespect with an ipod.

SpringStein
03-20-2009, 06:34 PM
I would think that Pat would know his franchise is worth more with Jay than without him.

Broncoman13
03-20-2009, 07:50 PM
I see this as a win win situation. IF we trade Cutler we're going to get some outstanding talent in return. I've heard people discuss players and picks and all sorts of combinations of the two.

Realistically, I think we can expect two first round picks and a second... and a player!

I like Cutler, own several jerseys and t-shirts that are from JC. I wouldn't mind him staying in Denver, in fact I would welcome it. BUT, McD can turn water to wine at the QB position...right? I would welcome a deal that brought to us a player like Marc Bulger and a few nice draft picks. Say the Rams #1, #2, and #1 next year.

Give Bulger an OLine and he is very effective. I think he would be at least mildly successful for us as a stop gap.

#2 Aaron Curry
#12 Mark Sanchez (who gets a year to chill and learn the system)
#35 Connor Barwin/Jarron Gilbert/Ron Brace
#48 Louis Delmas

And you get a first next year to boot!!!

NFLBRONCO
03-20-2009, 08:06 PM
I see this as a win win situation. IF we trade Cutler we're going to get some outstanding talent in return. I've heard people discuss players and picks and all sorts of combinations of the two.

Realistically, I think we can expect two first round picks and a second... and a player!

I like Cutler, own several jerseys and t-shirts that are from JC. I wouldn't mind him staying in Denver, in fact I would welcome it. BUT, McD can turn water to wine at the QB position...right? I would welcome a deal that brought to us a player like Marc Bulger and a few nice draft picks. Say the Rams #1, #2, and #1 next year.

Give Bulger an OLine and he is very effective. I think he would be at least mildly successful for us as a stop gap.

#2 Aaron Curry
#12 Mark Sanchez (who gets a year to chill and learn the system)
#35 Connor Barwin/Jarron Gilbert/Ron Brace
#48 Louis Delmas

And you get a first next year to boot!!!

This is how I feel I'd be thrilled if Cutler stays. If he is moved as long as they don't bomb on their choices I think our team could be alot more solid all around 14 months from now.

no-pseudo-fan
03-20-2009, 08:13 PM
I am getting more and more to the point where I don't care either way. I was so mad at first, that I almost cancelled the Sunday Tickey. Now if Jay stays great, if we take a team for a couple 1st and a 2nd plus a player, that's fine too. I just want this to be over, so we can heal and move forward.

OABB
03-20-2009, 08:14 PM
If chris simms is our qb come sept, I will inject my penis with aids and butt rape josh mcdaniels.

theAPAOps5
03-20-2009, 08:33 PM
If chris simms is our qb come sept, I will inject my penis with aids and butt rape josh mcdaniels.

You don't have to make an excuse to say you want have anal sex with McDaniels. We won't judge we welcome Blart. Just come out and say it.

OABB
03-20-2009, 08:35 PM
You don't have to make an excuse to say you want have anal sex with McDaniels. We won't judge we welcome Blart. Just come out and say it.

I think I just did. However, I'm not full blown gay until I purchase a snuggy.

theAPAOps5
03-20-2009, 08:37 PM
I think I just did. However, I'm not full blown gay until I purchase a snuggy.

No such thing as full blown, you want to put your penis in another mans butt, you are gay. Heck any man who considers putting their penis in another mans but is gay.

OABB
03-20-2009, 08:39 PM
No such thing as full blown, you want to put your penis in another mans butt, you are gay. Heck any man who considers putting their penis in another mans but is gay.

O.k., I'll change it up than...

I will inject my penis with aids and butt rape mcdaniels wife.

socalorado
03-20-2009, 08:41 PM

Also, why inject his penis? Why not just dip it in AIDS?
Wheres Bobo? I am sure hes an expert in these matters, cause we surely are not!

theAPAOps5
03-20-2009, 08:41 PM
O.k., I'll change it up than...

I will inject my penis with aids and butt rape mcdaniels wife.

Thats just distasteful and classless but hey whatever you have to do overcompensate...... :)

Broncoman13
03-20-2009, 08:46 PM

Ummm, in case you missed it, the PC term is "Surprise Butt Secks". Just a FYI type thing for ya buddy! ;D

Broncoman13
03-20-2009, 08:47 PM

I think Eminem has a song about that... Superman

OABB
03-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Thats just distasteful and classless but hey whatever you have to do overcompensate...... :)

o.k. let me try one more time to satisfy you...

I will inject mcdaniels with a horrible poison, and than inject the anecdote in jay cutler's seminal fluid.

Broncoman13
03-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Also, why inject his penis? Why not just dip it in AIDS?
Wheres Bobo? I am sure hes an expert in these matters, cause we surely are not!

According to Cap (John Caparulo, sp?) you can get aids from a public bathroom b/c of the backsplash. He got Aids on his elbow once!!!

Broncoman13
03-20-2009, 08:49 PM
o.k. let me try one more time to satisfy you...

I will inject mcdaniels with a horrible poison, and than inject the anecdote in jay cutler's seminal fluid.

Have you considered therapy?

I'm sure Popps could recommend a few folks! ;D j/k Popps

OABB
03-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Have you considered therapy?

yes...

however, anyone not bothered by the possibility of Spleeny Mc****face being our qb really needs to consider it.

Broncoman13
03-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Chris Simms is our final connection to Shanny don't you see.

Simms by way of gay ass tattoo is connected to Kyle Shanahan who has managed to stay in pop's good graces.

Archer81
03-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Gay gay gay, someone here is gay...

Archer81
03-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Chris Simms is our final connection to Shanny don't you see.

Simms by way of gay ass tattoo is connected to Kyle Shanahan who has managed to stay in pop's good graces.

You are totally misreading a totally innocent tattoo on both men...so what if their initials are written into their flesh...thats what all straight men who are best friends do...

Broncoman13
03-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Sh!t, I think I had Wake going to the Sweet 16. First big loss for me coming right up!

yerner
03-20-2009, 09:01 PM

well done, sir.

Broncoman13
03-20-2009, 09:02 PM
You are totally misreading a totally innocent tattoo on both men...so what if their initials are written into their flesh...thats what all straight men who are best friends do...

Okay.....Bart

Archer81
03-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Okay.....Bart

HAHAHAHA.

Broncoman13
03-20-2009, 09:03 PM
or Blart or WTF his name is.

Damn... if I am saying anything really.... REALLY stupid. I'm having a good time tonight with Patron!!! ;D

If it's just kind of stupid... that's the regular ole me!

Broncos4tw
03-21-2009, 09:52 AM
All I know is that McD started this mess, and he better finish it. If Jay is clearly not going to be playing... if he threatens to sit out, stop being a hard head and get rid of him, and get someone else. Don't completely blow this upcoming season because a new QB had absolutely no time to learn our system.

I have a feeling nothing is happening at all. McD and the rest are not in the mood to apologize or make a deal, and Jay and his agent are also not ready to give in, and just say "Oh, ok.. it's all good then." I think the team has to make the first move, wether it's trade or fix the problem. I have a feeling nothing is happening however. I mean geeze, if he couldn't keep a super secret trade deal quiet, I doubt he could keep any new developments quiet either. : p

DB Doom
03-21-2009, 10:33 AM
IT WAS NEVER HIS INTENTION TO GET RID OF CUTLER!!!!!!!!!!!
GO BACK.
Follow the events. Jay has the problem...he needs to get over it.
lets see...Josh made new promise to jay, and gave him a new contract...couple years from now when its proven he isnt the second coming...then what?

everyone is frustrated but come on...you gotta be turning a deaf ear if this is put on the brass...last i heard the team calls the shots not players with 3 more years on their contract.
how come Shaun Rogers isnt getting this much press...really...what has jay proven?.that he can throw for 4500 yds when we have no running game.

When Brees was let go was their this much stink going on...you think SD would rather have Brees now since his numbers are better than Rivers?

Blueflame
03-21-2009, 10:50 AM
IT WAS NEVER HIS INTENTION TO GET RID OF CUTLER!!!!!!!!!!!
GO BACK.
Follow the events. Jay has the problem...he needs to get over it.
lets see...Josh made new promise to jay, and gave him a new contract...couple years from now when its proven he isnt the second coming...then what?

everyone is frustrated but come on...you gotta be turning a deaf ear if this is put on the brass...last i heard the team calls the shots not players with 3 more years on their contract.
how come Shaun Rogers isnt getting this much press...really...what has jay proven?.that he can throw for 4500 yds when we have no running game.

When Brees was let go was their this much stink going on...you think SD would rather have Brees now since his numbers are better than Rivers?

If they're smart, yes. If they'd kept Brees, they just might have some hardware in their trophy case. But they didn't and they don't.

WolfpackGuy
03-21-2009, 11:00 AM
The situation Brees put SD was hilarious.
His 2004 season was basically a big EFF-YOU to the Chargers front office.
You think they would've done more drafting #1 overall twice within 3 years.