PDA

View Full Version : Dealer testified that he did not sell to Buckhalter.

HEAV
03-20-2009, 09:48 AM
MEDIA, Pa. -- An alleged drug dealer in suburban Philadelphia testified that he did not sell marijuana to Denver Broncos running back Correll Buckhalter.

That contradicts the word of a state trooper, who testified Thursday that he was listening on wiretaps when Buckhalter called the suspect, 36-year-old Styles Beckles of Clifton Heights.

Trooper Scott John Miscannon also says a notation on a ledger in Beckles' house indicates Buckhalter bought marijuana from him.

Beckles is on trial in Delaware County on charges of drug possession and intent to deliver drugs. A prosecutor says Beckles initially admitted selling marijuana to Buckhalter.

Buckhalter, a former Philadelphia Eagle, denies buying drugs from Beckles. He has not been charged.

------------

Well that helps "Buck-Wild" alittle...but I still bet his drug testing will increase over this.

521 1N5
03-20-2009, 09:51 AM
I believe him.

Smiling Assassin27
03-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Produce the ledger and the wiretap recording, Officer.

DomCasual
03-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Unfortunately, whether it's true or not, this is a booger that Buckhalter won't ever be able to wipe completely off.

Beantown Bronco
03-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately, whether it's true or not, this is a booger that Buckhalter won't ever be able to wipe completely off.

That's no booger.....it's cocaine residue.

montrose
03-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Cut him anyway. That'd send a serious message that the new Broncos regime doesn't **** around with guys even associated with troublemakers. I actually like Buckhalter, but it'd make a hell of an impact.

HEAV
03-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Cut him anyway. That'd send a serious message that the new Broncos regime doesn't **** around with guys even associated with troublemakers. I actually like Buckhalter, but it'd make a hell of an impact.

Well that or trade a certain player with maturity issues...

DomCasual
03-20-2009, 10:01 AM
That's no booger.....it's cocaine residue.

I didn't see any blood mixed in, so I assumed he must just have allergies.

But it would explain the wild look in his eyes and the paranoia.

Garcia Bronco
03-20-2009, 10:05 AM

Not in my book.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-20-2009, 10:07 AM

I think this is a bit extreme

s0phr0syne
03-20-2009, 10:14 AM

jesus, second time I've seen you post this.

Seems a bit more knee-jerk than you've be known to be...

cutthemdown
03-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Who cares. Unless he is getting suspended I could care less about what some pig says, or what a drug dealer says.

montrose
03-20-2009, 10:20 AM
I think this is a bit extreme

What from this offseason hasn't been extreme? If there's language in the contract that can void the bonus, I'd do it. It would set a high moral standard for this team. The Chiefs just cut David Macklin for getting arrested on a DUI, hasn't even been convicted yet.

jesus, second time I've seen you post this.

Seems a bit more knee-jerk than you've be known to be...

I know it is, I suppose I'm just so frustrated with B-Marsh's issues and tired of being embarrassed with our players getting in trouble. Since we're obviously setting a new organizational structure, I'd like to see a zero-tolerance policy put into place.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-20-2009, 10:23 AM
What from this offseason hasn't been extreme? If there's language in the contract that can void the bonus, I'd do it. It would set a high moral standard for this team. The Chiefs just cut David Macklin for getting arrested on a DUI, hasn't even been convicted yet.

I know it is, I suppose I'm just so frustrated with B-Marsh's issues and tired of being embarrassed with our players getting in trouble. Since we're obviously setting a new organizational structure, I'd like to see a zero-tolerance policy put into place.

Even if Buckhalter did buy drugs, it was POT! it's practically legal here in CA. Taking away millions to "prove a point" over a pot deal is draconian. Maybe the cheifs were looking for a reason to cut Macklin

montrose
03-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Even if Buckhalter did buy drugs, it was POT! it's practically legal here in CA. Taking away millions to "prove a point" over a pot deal is draconian. Maybe the cheifs were looking for a reason to cut Macklin

I'm not a huge anti-pot guy, I just think instituting a zero-tolerance policy would help us long-term.

eddie mac
03-20-2009, 10:58 AM
If the dope keeps him on the field, I'll send him some.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-20-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm not a huge anti-pot guy, I just think instituting a zero-tolerance policy would help us long-term.

But then any sort of hearsay could lead to termination...thats a slippery slope. If you want to do a zero tolerance with convictions, fine i guess.

WolfpackGuy
03-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Was the drug dealer one of Andy Reid's sons?
LOL

cutthemdown
03-20-2009, 11:27 AM

dude if we did that we wouldn't have any players.

montrose
03-20-2009, 11:36 AM
But then any sort of hearsay could lead to termination...thats a slippery slope. If you want to do a zero tolerance with convictions, fine i guess.

I suppose, although if you're a guy in that locker room just knowing an arrest will lead to your termination should lead to a "cleaner" locker room. I know it's not going to happen, just my thoughts.

dude if we did that we wouldn't have any players.

LOL

Rohirrim
03-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Perhaps these fascists could show under what section of the Constitution they find the power to prosecute American citizens for using marijuana.

HorseHead
03-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Can he sell some to me? Any hydro..?