PDA

View Full Version : Where is the charger fan that said Cutler had no trade value?

Peoples Champ
03-20-2009, 08:13 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11954932

Read this article. Remember all the old stuff that was just rumors that the Browns, Bears, Jets , Lions and Vikings were interested.

You said those were all rumors and we were all overstating Cutlers trade value.

See this article, There are now 10 teams with interest. I would say thats trade value.

In my opinion, Cutler has some of the highest trade value in the league. Who doesnt want a Young Franchise QB.

Having said that, I hope we keep Cutler, but really wish he wasnt a baby and a spoiled brat.

frerottenextelway
03-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Popps is around somewhere.

broncofan2438
03-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Probably looking at his empty trophy case

bronco militia
03-20-2009, 08:30 AM
:thanku:

Kaylore
03-20-2009, 08:32 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78623

Pontius Pirate
03-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Call me crazy, but if someone is demanding to be traded, doesn't that inherently reduce their trade value?

I mean, the suitors already know you're in a bind - the Bronco's don't have much leverage.

ChampBailey24
03-20-2009, 08:34 AM
they do have leverage, because done HAVE to trade him

frerottenextelway
03-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Call me crazy, but if someone is demanding to be traded, doesn't that inherently reduce their trade value?

I mean, the suitors already know you're in a bind - the Bronco's don't have much leverage.

Supply and Demand.

There's 1 in the supply column. 10 in the demand column.

That will trump everything else.

And we do not need to trade him. He said he will not hold out.

Denver724
03-20-2009, 08:35 AM

Why do you say were in a bind? I can see Josh playing hardball and proving a point. Don't show up Jay. And if you don't we will fine you. I think there is a good chance he will not be traded UNLESS the Broncos get value. No use in giving him away. His cap number is manageable.

Pontius Pirate
03-20-2009, 08:39 AM
I don't see Jay starting if he doesn't patch this up and start talking to McD (which is not happening). So, if he stays the current course, he won't be starting and thus will be a high-paid bench-warmer.

His trade value continues to go down then because he'll have missed out on the camps in the other teams. Like, can you just throw him into a new offense without practicing with the team and learning the offense?

His value is probably highest right now but will go down exponentially

Peoples Champ
03-20-2009, 09:24 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78623

Sorry , this thread is a repeat, but it was more to locate and call out the Charger fan.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-20-2009, 09:28 AM
His trade value continues to go down then because he'll have missed out on the camps in the other teams. Like, can you just throw him into a new offense without practicing with the team and learning the offense?

What camps? None of that starts until after the draft, the only teams having them right now are the ones who have new coaches and get extra camps.

Archer81
03-20-2009, 09:36 AM

3 years left on the deal, Jay statistically had a good season. Denver doesnt have to ship him anywhere. That is what keeps his value high.

:Broncos:

Popps
03-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Popps is around somewhere.

Nah.

I stated simple and obvious math, in that Cutler wasn't HELPING his cause by his actions.

Players with clean reps generally bring more than players with spotty reps.

I know that's really a wild, radical concept for people to get their heads around.

Then again....

lex
03-20-2009, 09:40 AM

No. Pat Kirwan addressed this saying that teams view this as the reason he is available...more as their opportunity.

Popps
03-20-2009, 09:43 AM
they do have leverage, because done HAVE to trade him

You mean don't have to, I'm sure... and you're right, to an extent. We don't have to.

That said, teams know that it's an issue we have to resolve. Yes, we could force him to sit out the whole season... but that would be a massive distraction, and teams know it.

Again, if Jay would show up and get to work and present himself as a quality employee, I think your point becomes even more valid... that our leverage as NOT having to trade him would still be in place, to some extent.

DaFace
03-20-2009, 09:49 AM
It's hard to read anything from that fact. Lots of teams are interested in lots of players. But if they're all calling and saying "If you're desperate, we'll give you a 7th rounder for him," then that doesn't mean much. I don't at all think that's the case, but you can't exactly conclude that they're all hoping to throw five 1st rounders at him either.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-20-2009, 09:50 AM

And another thing, team's aren't making a 1-year investment in Jay, it's a 10+ year investment. Whether or not he misses a mini-camp or two is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things over the long-term.

Popps
03-20-2009, 09:52 AM
No. Pat Kirwan addressed this saying that teams view this as the reason he is available...more as their opportunity.

Again, but they're still taking a risk on what is perceived (to some extent) as questionable goods.

If he was being shopped as a happy camper and a great teammate, his value would, by default... be better. How much? Who knows.

We'll never know the answer to that. But, to argue against that is not just futile, it's bizarre.

Blueflame
03-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Again, but they're still taking a risk on what is perceived (to some extent) as questionable goods.

If he was being shopped as a happy camper and a great teammate, his value would, by default... be better. How much? Who knows.

We'll never know the answer to that. But, to argue against that is not just futile, it's bizarre.

I really don't think his recent "attitude" matters all that much. Even if he was a happy camper, other teams would still wonder "why is he being shopped, then?" And most would see that (regardless of whether he can prove it or not) Jay believes the Patriot lied to him... and some won't blame him at all for not liking that.