PDA

View Full Version : How many are still fans of the team? What i've seen lately at the OMane

DarkHorse
03-20-2009, 07:58 AM
Cutler threads everywhere

McDaniels threads everywhere

Bowlen threads everywhere

Posters going back and forth and sometimes it has turned nasty. It seems as tho there are fans of each of those but they aren't acting much like fans of the team itself.

No matter who is the ''organization'', whether it's Bowlen or he sells, the ''team'' is the same - the Denver Broncos. I became a fan of the ''team'' long ago, before I even knew what an ''organization'' was. I'm still a team fan; regardless of win-loss record, head coach, qb, owner, stupid color change :giggle: , etc.......

I say all is well until the team moves, then we've got a big big problem.

Sure we can all bitch about moves the team has or hasn't made, or who is right/wrong in the current situation but I think as fans this year is going to be very exciting in terms of the team.

New HC
Possibly a new QB
Speculation that we're moving to orange jersey's
Revamped defense which includes Brian Dawkins

We may not win, we may be downright terrible, we could be great - who knows.

Question is this: How many are still fans of the team - how about the organization? How many are fans of a position on the field?

Dagmar
03-20-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm a huge fan of the Broncos still. Not sure what I think about the Mane anymore.

broncofan7
03-20-2009, 08:08 AM
I think 99.9% of us love the team...and that love shows in the fact that we all are so opinionated about the best direction for the franchise. My stance is to keep the franchise QB and make him happy--if that entails canning McD--do it. A contract extension perhaps? So be it. Others think Jay needs to go, just as some favored getting rid of Shanny and others thought that we were nuts in canning our HC.. I would not quit following the Broncos for any reason.

theAPAOps5
03-20-2009, 08:08 AM
http://www.diabetesdaily.com/grace/2008/04/14/young-boy-raises-hand-classroom-I175-04-58.jpg

El Guapo
03-20-2009, 08:09 AM
It's like politics. Im very conservative and lean towards being a republican, but I'm still an American and love my country. Of COURSE I'm still a fan of the team! I just can't imagine that team letting go of one of our brightest spots on the roster. ugh.

rugbythug
03-20-2009, 08:09 AM
http://www.diabetesdaily.com/grace/2008/04/14/young-boy-raises-hand-classroom-I175-04-58.jpg

+1

theAPAOps5
03-20-2009, 08:10 AM
I think 99.9% of us love the team...and that love shows in the fact that we all are so opinionated about the best direction for the franchise. My stance is to keep the franchise QB and make him happy--if that entails canning McD--do it. A contract extension perhaps? So be it. Others think Jay needs to go, just as some favored getting rid of Shanny and others thought that we were nuts in canning our HC.. I would not quit following the Broncos for any reason.

He has to be a franchise QB first before you give him the treatment. Thats been my stance but no matter what Team first. Once this is resolved we will all go back to civil discourse and mild name calling rather than civil war! 8')

Smiling Assassin27
03-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Win with Cutler or without Cutler...your choice, Pat. Go Team.

Kaylore
03-20-2009, 08:20 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mOCsNrzlV2k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mOCsNrzlV2k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

HILife
03-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Fan of the team, checking in.

sisterhellfyre
03-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Definitely still a Broncos fan here, first & foremost. I've taken a few swipes here & there, but always at both Josh & Jay. There's enough crap flying around to spread the wealth for both of them. And then some.

Regards,
m.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Was a fan of the Broncos before there was a Cutler, before there was a McDaniels, before there was even a Bowlen. Will be a fan long after some or all of those names are gone.

dbfan4life
03-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Where's the poll?

I'm still a fan, just not all too happy with the direction the team is going.

theAPAOps5
03-20-2009, 08:42 AM
There has only been one guy who said, "If Cutler goes I am done with the Broncos"

But I think it was in the heat of the moment.

ohiobronco2
03-20-2009, 08:47 AM
There has only been one guy who said, "If Cutler goes I am done with the Broncos"

Exactly. Everyone is just pissed about what is going on right now. People have varying opinions about this situation and how it was/is being handled, but most everyone is still supportive of the team. I think people are passionate about Jay, no matter who you think is wrong with this whole thing, most believe he has great promise. Just needs to work on his leadership.

Punisher
No one man above the Broncos!

ohiobronco2

:spit:

broncswin
03-20-2009, 08:52 AM

Was that "Throw me under the" Buss Cook, or Sheff :rofl:

I will always be a bronco fan, been one for over twenty years and will die a bronco fan. Just remember no one player is bigger than the team, Not even one of the greatest QB's(The Man #7)could do it alone. The love and commitment will always be there with or without Cutty :thumbs:

theAPAOps5
03-20-2009, 08:55 AM
:spit:

Even funnier is look at the properties of that photo and looked at the page it was linked from. Didn't realize until I copied and pasted.

BroncoInSkinland
03-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Team fan checking in, fan of Cutler too he looks too good to ignore, and I am hoping to be a fan of McDaniels after he takes us to the playoffs this year.

Taco John
03-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Question is this: How many are still fans of the team - how about the organization? How many are fans of a position on the field?

Everybody has their own opinions about what is best for the team. Everybody is still fans of the team.

frerottenextelway
03-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Love the team.

Jay is the franchise QB of the team and love him too.

Pat is a crazy old man who was a good owner. I love what he did for us in the past. Not his fault now, age will do that do anybody. The team survived before he got here and it will survive just fine after he leaves.

Josh has never coached or played a game as a Bronco. Respect is earned not given, and he's off to a poor start at earning it.

ohiobronco2
03-20-2009, 09:02 AM
Even funnier is look at the properties of that photo and looked at the page it was linked from. Didn't realize until I copied and pasted.

Yeah, you were one N away from a even more questionable post. LOL

theAPAOps5
03-20-2009, 09:07 AM
what do you mean questionable? the pic is from diabetesdaily.com...... Oh I see the website at the bottom.

Damnit I just wanted a kid raising his hand like grade school. I was trying to find the kid who has his hand raised so long he has to support it with the other hand.

HA like this one:

http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-18203613.jpg?size=67&uid=%7BE59C7229-BA31-4ECD-B6BD-984EF33BC71D%7D

LOVE THE KID SLEEPING!

Circle Orange
03-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Cutler threads everywhere

McDaniels threads everywhere

Bowlen threads everywhere

Posters going back and forth and sometimes it has turned nasty. It seems as tho there are fans of each of those but they aren't acting much like fans of the team itself.

No matter who is the ''organization'', whether it's Bowlen or he sells, the ''team'' is the same - the Denver Broncos. I became a fan of the ''team'' long ago, before I even knew what an ''organization'' was. I'm still a team fan; regardless of win-loss record, head coach, qb, owner, stupid color change :giggle: , etc.......

I say all is well until the team moves, then we've got a big big problem.

Sure we can all b**** about moves the team has or hasn't made, or who is right/wrong in the current situation but I think as fans this year is going to be very exciting in terms of the team.

New HC
Possibly a new QB
Speculation that we're moving to orange jersey's
Revamped defense which includes Brian Dawkins

We may not win, we may be downright terrible, we could be great - who knows.

We should have a pie fight. ;D

Ray Finkle
03-20-2009, 09:16 AM
http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-18203613.jpg?size=67&uid=%7BE59C7229-BA31-4ECD-B6BD-984EF33BC71D%7D

LOVE THE KID SLEEPING!

Jay Cutler....third grade.

I am and always will be a Bronco fan. I am not happy about the QB issue but think too many folks had keys to the kingdom with Shanahan. It is nice to see the head coach being head coach like.

DrFate
03-20-2009, 09:20 AM
I've been following this team, from afar, for 23 years. Through being ridiculed for supporting the team that 'got beat in the Super Bowl', for following the QB who 'couldn't win the big one'.

I've never been more embarrassed than I am right now at the direction of this organization.

Denver Crush
03-20-2009, 09:24 AM
The only thing that could ever stop me from being a fan, besides death, is if they move the team to another state.

Pontius Pirate
03-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Who are these "Denver Broncos" you speak of?

OBF1
03-20-2009, 11:04 AM
where is the damn poll???

Archer81
03-20-2009, 11:18 AM
In the words of a friend of mine, are the Broncos and Jay gonna "fight or ****". We are all tense over the waiting for a resolution. End this nonsense already.

:Broncos:

bombay
03-20-2009, 11:24 AM
It's because we're all passionate about the Broncos that the opionions run so strong. That's all.

Chris
03-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Are there any other Broncos forums (other than on denverbroncos.com... yeesh)? Not that I would leave the mane, but I'd like to visit a place that resmebled the mane 3 years ago +.

broncofan
03-20-2009, 01:56 PM
If we lose Jay, I may stop using them in Madden...but that's about the extent of it. I'll always be a fan.

WolfpackGuy
03-20-2009, 02:01 PM
I will always be a fan, but I think this is the first year I've begun to wonder long term direction the team is going.

footstepsfrom#27
03-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Course I'm still a fan...just call me when this crap is over and settled cause in the meantime I'm sittin' it out. To much drama...to little time even for the stuff that really matters.

Blueflame
03-20-2009, 02:09 PM
I am a fan of the Broncos. I am not a fan of the Patriots, and that includes the one in the Broncos' HC chair.

WABronco
03-20-2009, 02:10 PM
I will always be a fan, but I think this is the first year I've begun to wonder long term direction the team is going.

Whatever that direction is, it's far different from the previous one, and the previous one ran out of steam years ago.

Denver is not Detroit. It is not Cincinatti. It is not Oakland. Thank you god.

rastaman
03-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Love the team.

Jay is the franchise QB of the team and love him too.

Pat is a crazy old man who was a good owner. I love what he did for us in the past. Not his fault now, age will do that do anybody. The team survived before he got here and it will survive just fine after he leaves.

Josh has never coached or played a game as a Bronco. Respect is earned not given, and he's off to a poor start at earning it.

Good points. I would also, like to add that as a fan I've always been a player first when it comes down to the team(s) I root for and the Broncos are no different. I enjoy watching the Broncos b/c of the players and therefore tend to support them to the end. Whereas the owners and HC's are lower on the totem pole in terms of support.

The players are who the fans come to watch and thus are the reason for sold out stadiums. And the players put their health and bodies on the line every Sunday and on one single play could suffer a career ending. Player can only play for 4-10 years while HC's and owners have a 30-40 year self life/careers.

FANS COME TO SEE PLAYERS PLAY. THE FANS DO NOT COME AND SEE THE OWNERS SIT IN THEIR LUXURY BOXES OR THE COACHES.

Rock Chalk
03-20-2009, 02:56 PM
I am a fan of the Broncos. I am not a fan of the Patriots, and that includes the one in the Broncos' HC chair.

This is just a stupid sentence.

Champ was a Redskin, Lynch was a Buc, Shanahan was a 49er and a RAIDER.

Grow up.

randomtask
03-20-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm a fan, and will always be a fan.

Blueflame
03-20-2009, 03:03 PM
This is just a stupid sentence.

Champ was a Redskin, Lynch was a Buc, Shanahan was a 49er and a RAIDER.

Grow up.

Sorry, Alec... I call 'em as I see 'em... and my reason for still viewing the guy as a Patriot is the way he'll dump players off our roster in favor of another player for no other reason than that the second one played for the Patriots. That's not always going to be in the Broncos' best interests...

Broncojef
03-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Sorry, Alec... I call 'em as I see 'em... and my reason for still viewing the guy as a Patriot is the way he'll dump players off our roster in favor of another player for no other reason than that the second one played for the Patriots. That's not always going to be in the Broncos' best interests...

Josh has to sell a new program to a group of guys, having a handfull of guys onboard that already know the program will just help his cause. In the end I think he'll be a great coach for years to come...whether he is or not I'll always be a die hard Broncos fan. GO BRONCOS!!!!

Inkana7
03-20-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Broncos still. Not sure what I think about the Mane anymore.

I'm a huge fan of your avatar. But stay away. Zooey is my girl.

BroncoInferno
03-20-2009, 03:56 PM

He's signed two former Pats....Paxton and Gaffney. You act as if he's signed a dozen. Shanny brought players over from the 49ers when he arrived (Eddie Mac, for example). Not uncommon and nothing at all wrong with it.

Punisher
03-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Im a Bronco fan but my team looks like the Pats little by little each day......

Irish Stout
03-20-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm a fan of Foneco. I'm a fan of Woodyard. Whats his opinion on this mess?

I often have to struggle with what I like more, boobies or broncos... usually its the latter, but lately I've been thinking about boobies non stop.

Punisher
03-20-2009, 04:05 PM

I often have to struggle with what I like more, boobies or broncos... usually its the latter, but lately I've been thinking about boobies non stop.

boobies rule :yayaya:

Blueflame
03-20-2009, 04:08 PM
He's signed two former Pats....Paxton and Gaffney. You act as if he's signed a dozen. Shanny brought players over from the 49ers when he arrived (Eddie Mac, for example). Not uncommon and nothing at all wrong with it.

Everyone knows he's trying to turn the team into the Patriots v.2... but Denver ain't Boston and he ain't Belicheat. As long as he seems to believe that merely having played for NE makes any player better than all other players at the position though... my perception of him as "still a Patriot" will remain.

razorwire77
03-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Of course I'll still be a fan of the team. The one good thing that will come out of the Cutler McD fiasco is it should kill off the few remaining 1998 bandwagoneers. Hell, we might make it through training camp without spotting one Neil Smith jersey.

Binkythefrog
03-20-2009, 04:15 PM
I think that even though the debate has been heated, that is one of the things that makes the OrangeMane what it is. The passion for the Broncos, in my mind, leads to better knowledge and better debate about the merits of personnel decisions, coaches, etc. Without the emotion and a little nastiness, I think this board would be boring, bland and non-informative. But with passionate fans, we get good news, all the rumors (many unsubstantiated) and pretty much every single opinion on every Bronco related issue. I think it is great.

I will always be a Broncos fan, because for one I enjoy watching sports, and two, I could never imagine rooting for another team.

BroncoInferno
03-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Everyone knows he's trying to turn the team into the Patriots v.2... but Denver ain't Boston and he ain't Belicheat. As long as he seems to believe that merely having played for NE makes any player better than all other players at the position though... my perception of him as "still a Patriot" will remain.

There is little evidence that he thinks that. Belichek has already confirmed he never had an offer from Denver on the table for Cassel (no one seems to want to acknowledge this, but he's on the record and we now know for certain McD didn't lie about anything). Bringing in Gaffney improves the depth at WR, and I think it's an accurate evaluation to say he's an upgrade over guys like Glenn Martinez. Paxton is the only real evidence of a "switch-out", but we are talking about a long snapper for godsake. You are reaching again.

Blueflame
03-20-2009, 04:32 PM
There is little evidence that he thinks that. Belichek has already confirmed he never had an offer from Denver on the table for Cassel (no one seems to want to acknowledge this, but he's on the record and we now know for certain McD didn't lie about anything). Bringing in Gaffney improves the depth at WR, and I think it's an accurate evaluation to say he's an upgrade over guys like Glenn Martinez. Paxton is the only real evidence of a "switch-out", but we are talking about a long snapper for godsake. You are reaching again.

You're free to view it that way. (shrug) Until he shows me something on which to base any sort of confidence in his abilities, my perception of him isn't going to change, however.

BroncoMan4ever
03-20-2009, 04:38 PM
i am pissed off at the direction the team is going currently and really hate current members on staff, but i still bleed orange and blue and will no matter what the team does or looks like.

gadlaw
03-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Well, I remember the first season of Heroes. It was great, I became a fan of the show. Then they started killing off characters I liked, the story began to suck and if I went on any forum to read and discuss what was good and what was bad there would inevitably be the people saying, "Being a fan means sticking with it, it might get better" or "Being a fan means not bad mouthing the show" Some folks just became downright Stalinist about it all, and it seemed like the Stalinists would hunt down all the Trotskites. Sort of like what's happening here a bit, "You aren't a real fan unless you show unwavering support for the 'Team'" - whatever that means. The Head Coach and owner are presiding over a dismantling of the "Team" and if you don't like it, you aren't a real fan. Well you know, Heroes never got better and I stopped watching it and so did a lot of other people which will leave those "Love the show or leave it!" people all by themselvs presiding over their empty forums and fan clubs.

I feel about the Broncos right now the way I felt about Heroes, it was good and then it became not good. The difference being of course that when things seem to be getting better with Broncos even when they're bad I'll support them and suffer with them. When it doesn't look like it's going to get better, when it looks to be heading in the wrong direction I'm not going to support that. I'm going to enjoy football, watch the other games, engage my interest in the battle and the struggle, admire those who give all their effort and pay attention to the human interest stories and the nuts of bolts of football but you know, if they trade Cutler I'm just going to tune the Broncos out. Like the show Heroes, it'll be a bit painful to ignor for a while then that'll pass. I'll still hate on the Chargers, the Raiders and the Cowboys and I'll always root for the underdog in the game I'm watching. I won't go watch the Broncos or buy any Bronco stuff except Elway era collectibles and such. I'll keep an eye on them out of the corner of my eye and have a distaste for what the team has become like when Wade was here. You know, I hope my hometown team will get better with good 'character' - that fighting attitude and never give up set of values that I could see in many of the teams that have emerged season after season. I hope so, but what I've seen so far is not encouraging. Heck, I'm still mad that Red Miller got fired, I'm not a fair weather fan and have cheered my team good years and bad but right now I'm justing feeling sad about it and will ignor the Broncos if Cutler is traded.

oubronco
03-21-2009, 11:52 AM
I Hate Mcdaniels

Northman
03-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Hong Kong Fooie, #1 Super Guy.

Hogan11
03-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Course I'm still a fan...just call me when this crap is over and settled cause in the meantime I'm sittin' it out. To much drama...to little time even for the stuff that really matters.

My stance exactly. Aside from all this drama, you throw in the NCAA tourney, the WBC, all that Survivor stuff and what we have is a bunch of stuff I'm just not interested in, so it's time for me to lay low for a bit. Call me when it's over, indeed.

maher_tyler
03-21-2009, 09:37 PM

This could be a good poll?? :~ohyah!:

maher_tyler
03-21-2009, 09:51 PM

He's brought in TWO guys from NE...you want guys on your team that are used to winning..the Broncos haven't been winning a whole lot of anything lately. All coaches bring in guys from their old team..look at Kubes down in Houston..how many former Bronco players are/were on their roster...other than the Cutler BS he's done a pretty good job...

tboss27
03-21-2009, 10:30 PM
...other than the Cutler BS he's done a pretty good job...

That's a pretty freaking huge "other than" to overcome. He alienated the face of your team in the first few weeks on the job.

Blueflame
03-21-2009, 10:35 PM
He's brought in TWO guys from NE...you want guys on your team that are used to winning..the Broncos haven't been winning a whole lot of anything lately. All coaches bring in guys from their old team..look at Kubes down in Houston..how many former Bronco players are/were on their roster...other than the Cutler BS he's done a pretty good job...

He's done one thing (acquired Dawkins) that I liked. The "Cutler BS" has the potential to divide the locker room and there will be no winners coming out of it, PR-wise. It fubar'ed the team. You don't have controversies going on... and on... and on (it's been way too long already and potentially could continue until draft day) and still do no long-term damage. Every day that goes by... every new facet to the situation... brings more harm to the team.

cutthemdown
03-21-2009, 10:44 PM
I will always love the Broncos and would never even care about another team. No second favorites here, it's all Broncos.

IMO once a player or coach seems more interested in his own self then that of the team I no longer care about him. Cutler is showing he is not a Bronco fan like we are. He's a football player looking for money. He doesn't compare to Bowlen who has done more for the Broncos then any one man in history.

Bowlen may be a drunk I don't know, but he has my undying loyalty. I felt same way about Shannahan and did not want him fired. I wanted him to have one more shot. But I liked the Mcdaniels hire, he reminds me of a young Shannahan, and he is hungry to win I'm sure of it.

I take the teams side, I take the Broncos side, IMO Cutler is hurting the team with his ploy to get more money, if he gets traded then i will hope for only pain for him for as long as he plays pro football.

Anyone who says they didn't at least a little hope for guys like Eddie Kennison to get laid flat cold on the field is IMO either lying, or not a real broncos fan. If it's just a game to you, nothing to get upset over, nothing to hate people over, then you aren't a fanatic.

watermock
03-21-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm certainly disenfranchised.

I've got a 42' HDTV and I'm always on the puter trying to get a feed, why? I can't afford the 600$ deposit to put in a dish or even afford the ticket.

And if you haven't noticed, fans and longtime haters of Denver are yucking it up all over.

I'd be much happier with Spags as HC with the 4/3 which we had at least SOME of the right people for, and Bates or Gruden as OC.

And Bowlen could of ousted Slowick by himself, he didn't need to ask Shanny. Then,Shanny would of had to accept it, or resign, saving 21 MILLION or whatever @ of money.

Gawd, We even fired the Goodmans, who had produced the best drafts EVER since Ralston. Yes, I remember the day we drafted Elway. I was at my cousins house and high 5ed bacause we knew it was a turning point.

And I was at mile high for the infamous MNF game against the bears on the lower level 20 exclaiming "Were going to the superbowl" right then and there.

I remember the ld car at the salcvage yard on Santa Fe that had a car painted orange saying Go Broncos on it for years as I went to work.

I loved the Patriots winning after 9/11. It was a cool story, but I've never liked Easterners, never been there. That's where they have Washington, who robbs the country.

I loved this forum, and miss alot of the better posters who must of saw this coming, maybe they didn't like me, I dunno.

And as much as I hated the nintendo offense under Kubiak, at least we couild of run it with Cutler. Now we have Super Nintendo with a less experienced coach of the tree of the biggest cheater in pro football, whos pupils have all been dismal as HC's.

Damn right I'm pissed watching a perfectly good, #2 offense go thru 7 RB's suffer with an absolute joke Defense called the Orange Slush.

Damn right I'm disenfranchised, especially seeing what we needed was an overhawl of personel on the defense, not offense.

Meck77
03-21-2009, 11:01 PM

Yup....It's fishing season. :sunshine:

watermock
03-22-2009, 04:20 AM
You know what?

For what the Hornheads gave up for Allen they could of probably of gotten Cutler.

Don't worry, there will be plenty of offers for crybaby.

Unfortnately, I expct a rash move this week.

Great idea, since all 3 partners are thousand of miles apart.

I expect to rid this canker sore as early as TuesdAY.