Wes Mantooth
03-19-2009, 09:28 PM
anyone playing? I am totally addicted.

PaintballCLE
03-19-2009, 09:58 PM
i am level 195 lol (on facebook)

Pick Six
03-19-2009, 09:58 PM
I tried, but it became pointless very quickly...

BroncoMatt
03-19-2009, 10:33 PM
my mafia is so weak, i need members, any facebookers out there can pm for my contact info

Wes Mantooth
03-19-2009, 10:35 PM
i am level 195 lol (on facebook)

wow. I am on facebook too. Just started last weekend and am at 25.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-19-2009, 10:40 PM
same here. my mafia could stand some growing.

PRBronco
03-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Haha I'm addicted to the pirates game, probably the same kinda thing :S

Los Broncos
03-19-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm addicted to GTA, cant get enough.

Quoydogs
03-20-2009, 01:15 AM
I'm addicted to GTA, cant get enough.

Just started level 18, lovin it. One of thoughs stupid game that hooks you.

BroncoMatt
01-11-2010, 03:33 PM
broncomatt72@hotmail.com for facebookers

Sassy
01-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Should I admit I play this? LOL!
Yep.

Conklin
01-11-2010, 03:57 PM
anyone playing mafia wars, feel free to add me, conklin-c001@mymail.mssu.edu

ColoradoDarin
01-11-2010, 04:30 PM
I like this game waaaaaaay to much... Level 794

For tips - http://www.the-mafia-wars-guide.com/

Pontius Pirate
01-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Enjoy getting ripped off by the company that runs these games.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/31/scamville-the-social-gaming-ecosystem-of-hell/

Wes Mantooth
01-11-2010, 04:52 PM

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/31/scamville-the-social-gaming-ecosystem-of-hell/

So, I haven't paid a dime to play these games.

Pontius Pirate
01-11-2010, 04:55 PM
So, I haven't paid a dime to play these games.

Maybe you have and maybe you haven't. The scams work by getting you to click on links and then, bam, you have just signed up for a service you will be getting a bill for.

BroncoMatt
01-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Maybe you have and maybe you haven't. The scams work by getting you to click on links and then, bam, you have just signed up for a service you will be getting a bill for.

those scams are for the people who like to help out nigerian princes and stuff

Pontius Pirate
01-11-2010, 05:02 PM
A typical scam: users are offered in game currency in exchange for filling out an IQ survey. Four simple questions are asked. The answers are irrelevant. When the user gets to the last question they are told their results will be text messaged to them. They are asked to enter in their mobile phone number, and are texted a pin code to enter on the quiz. Once they’ve done that, they’ve just subscribed to a $9.99/month subscription.

TDmvp
01-11-2010, 05:04 PM

This sounds like something my Mom would say when she thinks she knows what she's talking about and don't LOL ..

Trust me you aint going to get a bill for playing mafia wars or any other game on facebook ... Now if you buy in game items for money that's another thing.
But it's not like it's something you don't know you did ... It's a rather long process.

But anyway you are misinformed ...

Pontius Pirate
01-11-2010, 05:08 PM
This sounds like something my Mom would say when she thinks she knows what she's talking about and don't LOL ..

Trust me you aint going to get a bill for playing mafia wars or any other game on facebook ... Now if you buy in game items for money that's another thing.
But it's not like it's something you don't know you did ... It's a rather long process.

But anyway you are misinformed ...

I guess you didn't read the article I posted. Here's another article:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2009-12-07-games07_ST_N.htm

TDmvp
01-11-2010, 05:15 PM
If someone is dumb enough to click yes to everything they see AND give a site billing info to charge them i don't really see how it's a scam.

Rebecca Swift, a 41-year-old self-employed resident of Santa Cruz, Calif., was lured into accepting two "special offers" from advertisers to gain extra game credits for YoVille, a popular virtual-world game developed by Zynga. More than $200 was illegally charged to Swift's credit card over several months, the lawsuit alleges. It seeks compensation from Facebook and Zynga for Swift and thousands of others, says attorney John Parker, who represents the plaintiff.

She had a pop up say you have been selected to get so and so things for such and such to collect ... Then she had to give them her personal info and agree to the PURCHASE ... period ...

As someone who's had a facebook forever and seen all this stuff it sounds more like stupid person who has like 0 web savvy then a scam...

Pontius Pirate
01-11-2010, 05:30 PM
If someone is dumb enough to click yes to everything they see AND give a site billing info to charge them i don't really see how it's a scam.

She had a pop up say you have been selected to get so and so things for such and such to collect ... Then she had to give them her personal info and agree to the PURCHASE ... period ...

As someone who's had a facebook forever and seen all this stuff it sounds more like stupid person who has like 0 web savvy then a scam...

Thank you for acknowledging that you were wrong.

Meck77
01-11-2010, 05:37 PM
You guys actually have more time to waste on the net beyond the mane? lol

TDmvp
01-11-2010, 05:45 PM

Thank you for acknowledging that you were wrong.

??? No pretty sure I'm saying sounds like stupid people NOT a scam ...

Taco John
01-11-2010, 05:54 PM

Ripped off? How?

Taco John
01-11-2010, 05:55 PM
??? No pretty sure I'm saying sounds like stupid people NOT a scam ...

Yeah, I agree. Looks like people are getting what they ask for. I don't see where anybody is being "ripped off."

Jason in LA
01-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I play Dope Wars on my phone all the damn time. Anytime I'm waiting in any line I'm on the game. I'm like Nino Brown with the amount that I'm pushing.

I never got into any of those games on facebook or myspace. Anything on facebook that asks me to allow my information to be sent anywhere I deny. So I don't have any apps.

Taco John
01-11-2010, 05:59 PM
I just read the part about the woman who was stupid enough to give her credit card info for something she apparently didn't want to buy.

Why give your credit card if you don't want to buy something? I don't get it.

ksBRONCOfan
01-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm getting ready to hit level 300.

maher_tyler
01-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Games on Myspace and Facebook are epically retarded!!

maher_tyler
01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
A typical scam: users are offered in game currency in exchange for filling out an IQ survey. Four simple questions are asked. The answers are irrelevant. When the user gets to the last question they are told their results will be text messaged to them. They are asked to enter in their mobile phone number, and are texted a pin code to enter on the quiz. Once they’ve done that, they’ve just subscribed to a $9.99/month subscription.

Anyone who falls for this or actually take the time to fill all that crap out...deserves to be ripped off!!

broncocalijohn
01-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Dont bother asking me to join your war. We shouldnt be glorifying the Mafia. Next you thugs and losers will have my young son watching Ghost Busters. Keep the world away from my precious children and me. I waste enough time on here and playing poker on the internet gives me enough entertainment and now I get money for it.

Wes Mantooth
01-11-2010, 08:00 PM

I have not provided personally identifiable information, provided credit card, have not been billed and watch my accounts. I play the game and do not play if I have to pay. It is pretty simple.

Popcorn Sutton
01-11-2010, 08:50 PM
I have not provided personally identifiable information, provided credit card, have not been billed and watch my accounts. I play the game and do not play if I have to pay. It is pretty simple.

Don't worry about it man. It's not for everyone. I've played Mafia Wars off and on for a couple years and I've never had an issue. You have to blatantly click on specific links to "Offers" to run into the kind of crap Pontius is talking about. It's quite deliberate. You can't do it by mistake.