PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Insider: Cutler Deal this Weekend

mope81
03-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Who has ESPN Insider? Can someone check this out and let us know what it says?

Cutler deal to be sealed this weekend?
Jay Cutler | Broncos | Interested: Insider Only
Insider Only

BroncoFiend
03-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Who has ESPN Insider? Can someone check this out and let us know what it says?

Cutler deal to be sealed this weekend?
Jay Cutler | Broncos | Interested: Insider Only
Insider Only

ESPN insider can't be the only one with this info.

Orangemaners! Search the net! ;)

SouthStndJunkie
03-19-2009, 08:37 AM
I have ESPN Insider....I will take a look.

dbfan21
03-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Hurry, hurry!!!!!!!!

BlaK-Argentina
03-19-2009, 08:39 AM
We will cut him. :) (just kidding of course... but maybe not... ;D)

El Guapo
If you cant get a hold of it I know my dad has Insider... I can call him at work and get his info if needed. :)

(Hopefully Cutler is sticking around)

dbfan21
Now that i think about it, I doubt ESPin has the inside track on this. It's probably a scam to get Broncos fans to sign up and pay for the service.

SouthStndJunkie
It is absolutely nothing but the same old speculation:

A source has told the Denver Post that four teams have contacted the Denver Broncos in regards to Jay Cutler, and that number is expected to increase heading into the NFL owners meetings, to which Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, general manager Brian Xanders and head coach Josh McDaniels will travel on Saturday.

The rift between Cutler and the Broncos continues to widen, as an article on NFL.com presents conflicting reports as to whether or not Cutler met with Bowlen following the owner's decision to fire Mike Shanahan as coach. In Cutler's recollection, Bowlen told him that the offensive staff would remain, while Bowlen doesn't recall a meeting at all.

Regardless of whether that meeting took place or any promises were made, Cutler has been a thorn in the side of Broncos management for weeks now, and this weekend might be his last with the team. As for what the Broncos can expect in return, an unnamed NFL executive told the Post, "They should be able to pick a quarterback off a roster and get two No. 1's - one this year and one next year."

theAPAOps5
03-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Actually Cutler has only really talked to Mortensen with ESPN in the past week. so they might have an inside track on this for once.

socalorado
ESPN insider can't be the only one with this info.

Orangemaners! Search the net! ;)

Wondertwin powers ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!

eddie mac
Haven't read it but the questionmark makes me presume they reckon there'll be plenty of offers coming our way via the Owner's meetings this weekend and that we may pull the trigger if the offer is good enough.

This is from Rotoworld via the Denver Post

A league source tells the Denver Post that "at least" four teams called the Broncos this week to express interest in Jay Cutler.

The Broncos still want to set up a sit-down between Cutler and coach Josh McDaniels, but they're going to get trade offers at the weekend's Owners' Meetings. "They should be able to pick a quarterback off a roster and get two No. 1 (pick)s — one this year and one next year," an unnamed NFL executive said. If so, it's hard to imagine the Broncos not pulling the trigger

Personally I dont think we do anything until Jay comes back and says he wont sit down one on one with McD. Hopefully he will. Without Cassel I dont see a scenario where we come out on top in this unless Cutler changes his stance.

rugbythug
03-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Bogus nothing

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/9597.jpg (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9597)Cutler deal to be sealed this weekend?

Jay Cutler | Broncos (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=den) | Interested: Titans (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ten)? Browns (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cle)? Jets (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyj)? Buccaneers (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=tam)? Bears (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=chi)? Bills (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf)?
A source has told the Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/ci_11945847?source=rss) that four teams have contacted the Denver Broncos (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=den) in regards to Jay Cutler (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9597), and that number is expected to increase heading into the NFL owners meetings, to which Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, general manager Brian Xanders and head coach Josh McDaniels will travel on Saturday. The rift between Cutler and the Broncos continues to widen, as an article on NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f54761&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true) presents conflicting reports as to whether or not Cutler met with Bowlen following the owner's decision to fire Mike Shanahan as coach. In Cutler's recollection, Bowlen told him that the offensive staff would remain, while Bowlen doesn't recall a meeting at all.
Regardless of whether that meeting took place or any promises were made, Cutler has been a thorn in the side of Broncos management for weeks now, and this weekend might be his last with the team. As for what the Broncos can expect in return, an unnamed NFL executive told the Post, "They should be able to pick a quarterback off a roster and get two No. 1's - one this year and one next year."

DeuceOfClub
03-19-2009, 08:42 AM
ESPN Insider is partially owned by Bus Cook.

socalorado
It is absolutely nothing but the same old speculation:

A source has told the Denver Post that four teams have contacted the Denver Broncos in regards to Jay Cutler, and that number is expected to increase heading into the NFL owners meetings, to which Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, general manager Brian Xanders and head coach Josh McDaniels will travel on Saturday.

The rift between Cutler and the Broncos continues to widen, as an article on NFL.com presents conflicting reports as to whether or not Cutler met with Bowlen following the owner's decision to fire Mike Shanahan as coach. In Cutler's recollection, Bowlen told him that the offensive staff would remain, while Bowlen doesn't recall a meeting at all.

AT LEAST

Archer81

I dont know why but this made me think of the Anonymously Gay Duo.

:Broncos:

mope81
03-19-2009, 08:43 AM
What a joke. What great inside information! Just the same BS that is on every other site, in every other paper EVERY FREAKIN DAY!!!

TheDave
03-19-2009, 08:45 AM
If they actually try to trade Cutler they sure as hell better get more than a QB and 2 #1's... IMO the going rate is somewhere between the herschel walker deal and the Ricky williams trade on Draft day.

25 year old pro-bowl QB's with Cutlers skill set don't come around very often... If they are dumb enough to move him they better get a kings ransom in return.

dbfan21
All of this specualtion is BS. Jay will calm down over the next month, show up to the mandatory camp in mid-April and will work things out with McDaniels and the FO. Then Jay will be starting for the Broncos and slinging TDs on opening day.

TheElusiveKyleOrton

Form of: An Ice Menorah!

BlaK-Argentina
03-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Well, a QB and two No. 1's sounds good IF we are going to lose him.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2009, 08:46 AM
I love how they call it "NFL Owners' Meeting" yet the coaches and GMs attend.....

BlaK-Argentina
03-19-2009, 08:47 AM
If they actually try to trade Cutler they sure as hell better get more than a QB and 2 #1's... IMO the going rate is somewhere between the herschel walker deal and the Ricky williams trade on Draft day.

25 year old pro-bowl QB's with Cutlers skill set don't come around very often... If they are dumb enough to move him they better get a kings ransom in return.

I'm a Cutler fan but I think that's fair considering how he's acted in all of this. The guy clearly has skill but a lot to work on in the mental aspects of the job.

I'd love to get more though. :giggle:

TheDave
03-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Well, a QB and two No. 1's sounds good IF we are going to lose him.

Actually it sounds like we are getting ripped off... The Redskins got twice that for Ricky Williams.

TheDave
03-19-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm a Cutler fan but I think that's fair considering how he's acted in all of this. The guy clearly has skill but a lot to work on in the mental aspects of the job.

I'd love to get more though. :giggle:

This "how he acted" thing is getting blown WAY out of proportion... I highly doubt any of the teams we are talking to think he is Jeff George 2.0 like he is made out here.

spdirty
03-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Just dont see how they trade Cutler if Cassell isnt in the deal.

Dudeskey
03-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Now that i think about it, I doubt ESPin has the inside track on this. It's probably a scam to get Broncos fans to sign up and pay for the service.

Thats exactly what it is... A bull**** teaser.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Just dont see how they trade Cutler if Cassell isnt in the deal.

I don't either. Which is why this "I don't trust them. I think they might trade me, so i'm demanding a trade" bull**** is a bunch of poppycock.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Actually it sounds like we are getting ripped off... The Redskins got twice that for Ricky Williams.

It is amazing to me that, for all the Skins got in that trade, they didn't come close to building a good team, much less a dynasty like the Cowboys. It's pretty funny when you look at it.

Rohirrim
03-19-2009, 08:54 AM
I don't buy it, especially not from ESPN. I'm still convinced that Cutler will be under center in September in a Broncos uniform.

montrose
03-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Ah this coming from the same source that had Shanny to KC.

chiefforlife
03-19-2009, 08:57 AM

The Redskins?...Ricky Williams? ....trade? What?

Entire draft plus...

TheDave
03-19-2009, 08:58 AM
It is amazing to me that, for all the Skins got in that trade, they didn't come close to building a good team, much less a dynasty like the Cowboys. It's pretty funny when you look at it.

I actually read somewhere that Ricky Williams (even with all his troubles) had a better career then all of those draft picks... combined.

Taco John
Bowlen doesn't recall a meeting at all? So he's either completely forgetting about having a meeting, or the other side is completely fabricating that the meeting ever happened.

Really? It's come to this?

theAPAOps5

THE DEAL IS DONE!

Ambiguous
03-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Bowlen doesn't recall a meeting at all? So he's either completely forgetting about having a meeting, or the other side is completely fabricating that the meeting ever happened.

Yup, he is turning into Al Davis.

theAPAOps5
03-19-2009, 09:00 AM

I know its weird.

eddie mac
03-19-2009, 09:00 AM
It's quite feasible that Cassel could be moved on again considering he has not negotiated a new contract with the Chiefs yet and there's no way they gave up 34 for a 1 year rental.

I wouldn't put it past Pioli to have done that deal with Matt with the pure intention of moving him on again for something better than 34.

El Guapo
03-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Don't trade Jay!

Crushaholic
03-19-2009, 09:02 AM
I dont know why but this made me think of the Anonymously Gay Duo.

:Broncos:

You've never seen the Wonder twins? The Ambiguously Gay Duo has NOTHING on the Wonder twins...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qdZ4JgGm2p4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qdZ4JgGm2p4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LonghornBronco
03-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Talked to a lions fan on Tuesday. He claims the lions can get him for their second round pick and a defensive starter. Good thing he told me this before I drank all that green beer, I might have hit him.

BlaK-Argentina
03-19-2009, 09:04 AM
THE DEAL IS DONE!

I missed that one. Did they say that Shanahan had a deal with the Chiefs?

Hercules Rockefeller
03-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Talked to a lions fan on Tuesday. He claims the lions can get him for their second round pick and a defensive starter. Good thing he told me this before I drank all that green beer, I might have hit him.

Of course they can. Just like Skins fans think they can get him for Campbell and Ladell Betts. No one else is interested in Jay except for said team's fans who think they can get Jay for pennies on the dollar.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-19-2009, 09:08 AM

It very well could be that Cutler and Cook are making this up. Would you really be surprised?

Bowlen still has his faculties. And I'm not sure he would "promise" that the new coach -- who still hadn't been interviewed, let alone signed -- would keep on the offensive staff.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-19-2009, 09:09 AM

Really? Did you even read the cut and pasted article, or did you just see ESPN Insider and immediatley know the source?

ESPNI repeated what was in the DPost the other day. I don't recall the Post having Shanny going to KC. But thanks for helping to further this board's continued lack of reading comprehension when it comes to news articles that are posted here.

Atlas
03-19-2009, 09:10 AM

Well, there is a little wiggle room. Bowlen stated that he didn't recall the meeting, then he qualified that by saying that he was old and maybe he doesn't remember.

Jay on the other hand said the meeting took place.

I tend to trust Jay on this one.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-19-2009, 09:10 AM
So, if you sign up for Insider, you get "big news" like "McDaniels, Bowlen and Xanders are going to a meeting. Pictures at 11."

Yeah, that makes me want to sign up.

Rohirrim
03-19-2009, 09:12 AM

IMO, Bowlen was trying to be polite. No doubt he realizes Jay is being jerked around by this agent and he doesn't want to publicly call him out as the liar he is. In fact, I doubt Bowlen wants to do anything "publicly" at all. Of course, we all know that's not how Bus Cook plays the game.

LonghornBronco
03-19-2009, 09:17 AM

No, it's just a dumbass with diarea of the mouth.

gunns
03-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Is Bowlen willing to pay two #1's?

SouthStndJunkie
03-19-2009, 09:22 AM

Remember....we are talking about Patrick D. Bourbon here.

We all remember his eloquent Hall of Fame speech for Zim.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-19-2009, 09:23 AM
No, it's just a dumbass with diarea of the mouth.

Actually, they did. Mortenson filed two or three reports on the fact that Shanahan was IN KC and working on finalizing a deal with the Chiefs.

It all came from Nick Athan at WPI, and his butt buddy Boobie Wendler.

theAPAOps5
03-19-2009, 09:24 AM

Remember the rumors about Shanahan to the Chiefs to be the head coach? Well Nick Athan with War Paint Illustrated went on TV and sent a letter to NFL network saying they were wrong and THE DEAL IS DONE. He happens to employ Bob. So that says alot.

Ignore Longhorn he is a prick. Notice his signature. He is calling Crazyhorses daughter a whore because he spends time here. You know the same guy who was diagnosed with a terminal illness.

HILife
03-19-2009, 09:26 AM
All of this specualtion is BS. Jay will calm down over the next month, show up to the mandatory camp in mid-April and will work things out with McDaniels and the FO. Then Jay will be starting for the Broncos and slinging TDs on opening day.

I dought that.

Taco John
03-19-2009, 09:26 AM
IMO, Bowlen was trying to be polite. No doubt he realizes Jay is being jerked around by this agent and he doesn't want to publicly call him out as the liar he is. In fact, I doubt Bowlen wants to do anything "publicly" at all. Of course, we all know that's not how Bus Cook plays the game.

The problem with that is that Bowlen very publically stated that "Jay Cutler is the man around here now."

Rohirrim
03-19-2009, 09:28 AM
The problem with that is that Bowlen very publically stated that "Jay Cutler is the man around here now."

I guess that's why he thought he could handle trade rumors.

dbfan21
03-19-2009, 09:30 AM
I dought that.

That's okay. There are others on this planet that feel the same as you. This is just my gut feeling/opinion.

Go Broncos!

SportinOne
03-19-2009, 09:32 AM
There is just one problem with trading Cutler. It's a ****ing STUPID idea.

Just kidding.

No one is untradeable, that's never been my issue with McDaniels. You have to listen to offers. My problem was with who he wanted to bring in (Cassell) and for what little compensation we would have received (basically a small jump in the first round?). There are also other reasons but let's not get into that...

Let's talk trade..

Now, when "experts" are saying the going rate for Cutler is 2 1sts and a QB, that just doesn't make any sense to me. First of all, which QB? If it's a Brady Quinn kinda guy we probably wouldn't get 2 1sts with him, so that's not worth it. If it's a lesser QB, probably like a Simms-type QB (young guy with 2nd rate talent who never caught on anywhere) then yes we probably get 2 1sts and a 2nd or something but we have no one good to play quarterback, and we are stuck searching for the next few years.. or longer! Plus, that new QB we bring in has no value to us since we already have one just like him. He's just taking up space in the trade that could be occupied by more picks.

So what we need to do, if we're going to do it, is acquire a veteran, stop gap QB that is on his way out and has very little value to the team he is currently on. We do this either with a 3-way trade or in a separate move altogether from the Cutler move. And in that scenario, we BETTER get at least 2 1sts and 2 2nds. We would have to give up a 4th or 5th for the older QB but i think that's reasonable.

Also, we have to look at what players we think might be available with the picks that we get. I'm not sure what the consensus is on this draft, whether it's deep with talent or not, but you have to maximize the "revenue." It's not like draft picks are blank checks with "insert any player you want" written on them.

Drek
03-19-2009, 09:32 AM

Say Cutler is the man around here now doesn't equate to "Jay Cutler will give me input on who to hire and have complete leeway to do as he wishes."

lex
03-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Bogus nothing

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nfl/players/65/9597.jpg (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9597)Cutler deal to be sealed this weekend?

Jay Cutler | Broncos (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=den) | Interested: Titans (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ten)? Browns (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cle)? Jets (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyj)? Buccaneers (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=tam)? Bears (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=chi)? Bills (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf)?
A source has told the Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/sportsheadlines/ci_11945847?source=rss) that four teams have contacted the Denver Broncos (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=den) in regards to Jay Cutler (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9597), and that number is expected to increase heading into the NFL owners meetings, to which Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, general manager Brian Xanders and head coach Josh McDaniels will travel on Saturday. The rift between Cutler and the Broncos continues to widen, as an article on NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f54761&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true) presents conflicting reports as to whether or not Cutler met with Bowlen following the owner's decision to fire Mike Shanahan as coach. In Cutler's recollection, Bowlen told him that the offensive staff would remain, while Bowlen doesn't recall a meeting at all.

Validation.

gyldenlove
03-19-2009, 09:40 AM
We should trade Cutler for the Bears.

socalorado
03-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Actually, they did. Mortenson filed two or three reports on the fact that Shanahan was IN KC and working on finalizing a deal with the Chiefs.

It all came from Nick Athan at WPI, and his butt buddy Boobie Wendler.

Is that boobs real last name? Wendler?

tsiguy96
03-19-2009, 09:43 AM
if we get 3 1sts and a player, which i think will be minimum especially after broncos get teams in a bidding war, id be happy with this trade even before all the drama started.

lex
03-19-2009, 09:43 AM
There is just one problem with trading Cutler. It's a ****ing STUPID idea.

Just kidding.

No one is untradeable, that's never been my issue with McDaniels. You have to listen to offers. My problem was with who he wanted to bring in (Cassell) and for what little compensation we would have received (basically a small jump in the first round?). There are also other reasons but let's not get into that...

Let's talk trade..

Now, when "experts" are saying the going rate for Cutler is 2 1sts and a QB, that just doesn't make any sense to me. First of all, which QB? If it's a Brady Quinn kinda guy we probably wouldn't get 2 1sts with him, so that's not worth it. If it's a lesser QB, probably like a Simms-type QB (young guy with 2nd rate talent who never caught on anywhere) then yes we probably get 2 1sts and a 2nd or something but we have no one good to play quarterback, and we are stuck searching for the next few years.. or longer! Plus, that new QB we bring in has no value to us since we already have one just like him. He's just taking up space in the trade that could be occupied by more picks.

So what we need to do, if we're going to do it, is acquire a veteran, stop gap QB that is on his way out and has very little value to the team he is currently on. We do this either with a 3-way trade or in a separate move altogether from the Cutler move. And in that scenario, we BETTER get at least 2 1sts and 2 2nds. We would have to give up a 4th or 5th for the older QB but i think that's reasonable.

Also, we have to look at what players we think might be available with the picks that we get. I'm not sure what the consensus is on this draft, whether it's deep with talent or not, but you have to maximize the "revenue." It's not like draft picks are blank checks with "insert any player you want" written on them.

Pat Kirwan estimated that Cutler is worth 3600 points in picks. What I can see happening with Cleveland is getting Quinn, Rogers, the #5, and a 2nd or 3rd. But Cleveland also lines up nicely because they just lost Winslow. So theres tremendous flexibility with Cleveland, whether that includes 2 teams or 3 teams. Basically, if you listened to Kirwan's discussion of who has enough ammo, its Detroit and Cleveland. And pretty much every other team like Washington or the Jets need to use a thired team (most likely Detroit or Cleveland) to put together enough to get Cutler.

colonelbeef
03-19-2009, 09:46 AM

Man I hope you are right.

SportinOne
03-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Say Cutler is the man around here now doesn't equate to "Jay Cutler will give me input on who to hire and have complete leeway to do as he wishes."

Let me ask you this. What do YOU think Pat Bowlen meant when he said, "Jay is the man around here?"

To me, that doesn't say, "I'm going to ask Jay before I do anything from here on out." Not at all. What that DOES say to me is, "Jay is my quarterback, he's the main piece to my offense and the face of this team." He's still a player, just a player. But when you go out of your way to make a statement like that, and then talk about trading him just a couple weeks later, doesn't that come off as.. well, a LIE to you?

And by the way, i was using the, "I don't remember" line when i was 8 years old. Whether he's a liar or a drunk, he's not performing like a competent owner right now.

Mogulseeker
03-19-2009, 09:49 AM
ESPN Insider is partially owned by Bus Cook.

I hope you're right on that one, because I want Cutler in Denver.

lostknight
03-19-2009, 09:51 AM
From what I understand, the bidding is _starting_ at two firsts and a quality player. It won't stop there. I also understand that there is considerable interest in a package deal involving Tony S as well.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Is that boobs real last name? Wendler?

CE Wendler, actually. I think his first name is Clayton.

And yes, he's a big fat ****.

Drek
03-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Let me ask you this. What do YOU think Pat Bowlen meant when he said, "Jay is the man around here?"

To me, that doesn't say, "I'm going to ask Jay before I do anything from here on out." Not at all. What that DOES say to me is, "Jay is my quarterback, he's the main piece to my offense and the face of this team." He's still a player, just a player. But when you go out of your way to make a statement like that, and then talk about trading him just a couple weeks later, doesn't that come off as.. well, a LIE to you?

And by the way, i was using the, "I don't remember" line when i was 8 years old. Whether he's a liar or a drunk, he's not performing like a competent owner right now.

No, it comes off to me as an unforeseen opportunity to improve the other aspects of the team arose and the Broncos considered it. Talking isn't shopping and shopping isn't trading. All the FO did was talk.

And the "I don't remember" line was so he didn't have to call Bus Cook a liar through the media. Unlike Cook and Cutler Bowlen does understand that you don't air someone's dirty laundry through the media no matter how you feel about it personally.

Blueflame
03-19-2009, 09:56 AM
What it means is that Pat probably was drunk when he met with Jay... that would explain why he "doesn't remember" it....

backup qb
03-19-2009, 09:56 AM

Nothing would make me happier.

socalorado
03-19-2009, 10:00 AM
CE Wendler, actually. I think his first name is Clayton.

And yes, he's a big fat ****.

Oh thats good info. My sister works for the IRS.

lostknight
03-19-2009, 10:00 AM
By the way, one point I haven't seen raised yet is that missing off-season voluntary actions is a huge shot across the bow. It's what Plummer did to earn Mike Shanahan's ire which led him to draft Cutler.

It's not a small thing.

Also bear in mind, that if Scheffler goes along with Jay, that ensures that whomever gets Jay gets a effective weapon day one. Factor in Chicago who has a certain Wide Receiver that Jay knows and Loves from his days at Vandy.

The offers for Jay are going to be eye-popping. And McDaniels has zero pressure on him to settle, and a deeply ingrained superiority complex. That all points to trade.

TheReverend
03-19-2009, 10:10 AM

Funny choice of words in bold.

Pat Bowlen re Shanahan fire and his next head coach: "I didnít sense that Jay had any negative feelings about it, and Iím sure he is very interested in who is going to be the next head coach. Obviously, he is the man around here now, so I will be talking with Jay.Ē

http://broncotalk.net/2008/12/pat-bowlen-press-conference-transcript/

SportinOne
03-19-2009, 10:14 AM
No, it comes off to me as an unforeseen opportunity to improve the other aspects of the team arose and the Broncos considered it. Talking isn't shopping and shopping isn't trading. All the FO did was talk.

And the "I don't remember" line was so he didn't have to call Bus Cook a liar through the media. Unlike Cook and Cutler Bowlen does understand that you don't air someone's dirty laundry through the media no matter how you feel about it personally.

Yes, i've heard this opinion thrown around a lot today but that doesn't make it a fact.

I can do that too, though. The real reason Jay is losing his cool is because his favorite cat, Chunks, just died. This is a very emotional time for him.

lostknight
03-19-2009, 10:35 AM
C'mon. The Broncos have been lying through their teeth and basically ****ting upon Jay to cover their tracks. From Xander's "we did not try to trade Jay" to McDaniels "Jay is our quarterback. They initiated it... we listened.. to we were late for the ball." To Bowlen's "I talked to Jay" to "I didn't talk to Jay"

Make's jay look like even more of a whiner then he is.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-19-2009, 10:38 AM
C'mon. The Broncos have been lying through their teeth and basically ****ting upon Jay to cover their tracks. From Xander's "we did not try to trade Jay" to McDaniels "Jay is our quarterback. They initiated it... we listened.. to we were late for the ball." To Bowlen's "I talked to Jay" to "I didn't talk to Jay"

Make's jay look like even more of a whiner then he is.

Bowlen said he didn't recall meeting with Jay. Jay throws it out there like it was a face to face. Bowlen said he "talked to" Jay, not "met with" Jay.

But whatever, you've got your mind made up. Us arguing about it isn't going to change the fact that Cutler clearly does not want to be here.

UberBroncoMan
03-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Freaking Ricky Williams was traded to Miami for 2 #1's and that was after the insane trade Ditka made to get him.

Cutler is worth more than 2 #1's and a scrub QB.

TallyBronco
03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
You fail to recall that everyone thought the Ricky Williams trade was a joke even before he suited up for Miami.

Wrong barometer for a Culter trade. If we get more than two #1s and a starting DE or DT, I'd be surprised.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Bowlen said he didn't recall meeting with Jay. Jay throws it out there like it was a face to face. Bowlen said he "talked to" Jay, not "met with" Jay.

NO. You keep posting this, but you are wrong. Bowlen is denying they even talked.

Bowlen said on Wednesday afternoon: "I really have had no discussion with Jay or the agent. Mike was fired right after the season. At that point, there was no need to have a discussion with Jay. Now, actually, to be fair, I don't think I had that discussion. I don't recall it. I know I'm getting up there in age, and I am not sure of that discussion."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f54761&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-19-2009, 11:35 AM
NO. You keep posting this, but you are wrong. Bowlen is denying they even talked.

Bowlen said on Wednesday afternoon: "I really have had no discussion with Jay or the agent. Mike was fired right after the season. At that point, there was no need to have a discussion with Jay. Now, actually, to be fair, I don't think I had that discussion. I don't recall it. I know I'm getting up there in age, and I am not sure of that discussion."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

"Page Not Found."

You may well be right. If I remember correctly, it took some time for anyone to reach Jay -- well, except for the media, who had the "Jay is unhappy" story about 10 minutes after the Bowlen/Shanny presser; funny how that works -- about the change in coaches.

It's something of a moot point, anyway. Things change. They change in football, they change in business. You adapt and deal.

Kaylore
03-19-2009, 11:47 AM
You fail to recall that everyone thought the Ricky Williams trade was a joke even before he suited up for Miami.

Wrong barometer for a Culter trade. If we get more than two #1s and a starting DE or DT, I'd be surprised.
Here's his draft press conference with "Master P" and his "No limit Sports" agency.
While they haven't officially announced they are closed, and they still have a really classy website here. (http://www.angelfire.com/mo/nolimitparty/nolimitsports.html) They have no athletes they represent anymore. It was last updated in 1999.

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FG6ggU6Ohpw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FG6ggU6Ohpw&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2009, 11:52 AM
I fixed the link above.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2009, 11:59 AM
It's something of a moot point, anyway. Things change. They change in football, they change in business. You adapt and deal.

I don't think most people have a real problem with this....I know I don't.

My problem with Bowlen's recent behavior towards Jay is primarily with two things:

1. He was quoted the day of the Shanny press conf about the conversation he had with Jay. He was then quoted later as saying he never had a conversation with Jay.

It's one thing to say that you changed your mind about certain things you said during a prior conversation. Fine. We all do that. It's completely another, though, to say the prior conversation never took place after you already went on record about having had it.

2. He was quoted as saying that he couldn't get in touch with Jay no matter how many times he tried; yet this statement was made less than a day or so from the time Jay was down the hall from Bowlen's office meeting with Xanders and McDaniels. If he really wanted to talk to Jay, all he had to do was walk down the hall.

Now I'm not pretending Jay has been an angel in all this. I could go on about him as well. I don't want to clutter this up, though, and just want to stay focused on my issues with Bowlen here.

Rohirrim
03-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Maybe Pat has Alzheimer's?

lostknight
03-19-2009, 12:22 PM

But whatever, you've got your mind made up. Us arguing about it isn't going to change the fact that Cutler clearly does not want to be here.

Your wrong. Bowlen denied that there was any conversation. He refutes himself, Jay, and all of the media in Denver.

Facts are fact. Deal with it.

Your second point is probably true, but that seems to be a side effect of Mr. McDaniels's taking a dump on him publically. Even if it isn't, he had a contract, and no excuse before McDaniels decided that he should control Jay's destiny, rather then working with him to either be a QB, or to be traded.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Your wrong. Bowlen denied that there was any conversation. He refutes himself, Jay, and all of the media in Denver.

Facts are fact. Deal with it.

Your second point is probably true, but that seems to be a side effect of Mr. McDaniels's taking a dump on him publically. Even if it isn't, he had a contract, and no excuse before McDaniels decided that he should control Jay's destiny, rather then working with him to either be a QB, or to be traded.

"taking a dump on him" publicly? Who ran to the media again?

TheDave
03-19-2009, 12:35 PM

If thats all we get i will lose my mind...

25 year old pro-bowl QB's with cutlers skill set NEVER hit the open market. Put him on the right team and they are instantly a favorite for the Superbowl.

Either you get something between a Ricky Williams / Herschel Walker deal or you find a way of making nice and moving forward with him.

rugbythug
03-19-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't think most people have a real problem with this....I know I don't.

My problem with Bowlen's recent behavior towards Jay is primarily with two things:

1. He was quoted the day of the Shanny press conf about the conversation he had with Jay. He was then quoted later as saying he never had a conversation with Jay.

It's one thing to say that you changed your mind about certain things you said during a prior conversation. Fine. We all do that. It's completely another, though, to say the prior conversation never took place after you already went on record about having had it.

2. He was quoted as saying that he couldn't get in touch with Jay no matter how many times he tried; yet this statement was made less than a day or so from the time Jay was down the hall from Bowlen's office meeting with Xanders and McDaniels. If he really wanted to talk to Jay, all he had to do was walk down the hall.

Now I'm not pretending Jay has been an angel in all this. I could go on about him as well. I don't want to clutter this up, though, and just want to stay focused on my issues with Bowlen here.

Not sure how is it is with you. But when my boss needs to talk to me I go to him. He does not come track me down. The name on the bottom of the Check trumps the one in the Middle.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Not sure how is it is with you. But when my boss needs to talk to me I go to him. He does not come track me down. The name on the bottom of the Check trumps the one in the Middle.

He came all the way from Tennessee to the team offices where Bowlen works. That is the definition of "going to him" IMO. Bowlen knew he was just feet away from him and chose not to join the meeting. That one is on him.

Broncos_OTM
03-19-2009, 01:12 PM

You mean the saints

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2009, 01:15 PM
You mean the saints

No, he is right about the Skins. NO had to give the Skins essentially two entire drafts to get the original draft pick that landed him.

Circle Orange
03-19-2009, 01:54 PM
A strange source told me that maybe, perhaps fifty nfl teams are after Cutler...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-19-2009, 01:56 PM
He came all the way from Tennessee to the team offices where Bowlen works. That is the definition of "going to him" IMO. Bowlen knew he was just feet away from him and chose not to join the meeting. That one is on him.

It was a Saturday. Does the President/CEO of your company come in for a meeting on Saturday? Doubtful.

Also, the meeting was supposed to be between Cutler and McD ONLY.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-19-2009, 01:56 PM
A strange source told me that maybe, perhaps fifty nfl teams are after Cutler...

I heard 250.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2009, 02:02 PM
It was a Saturday. Does the President/CEO of your company come in for a meeting on Saturday? Doubtful.

Also, the meeting was supposed to be between Cutler and McD ONLY.

I work for a large Boston law firm, so yes, most partners come in on the weekends for meetings with their larger clients when they come up.

And Bowlen? He admitted as much himself in his Shanny Press Conf:

On Shanahan handling head coach and general manager responsibilities

ďI felt that Mike was doing both of those jobs fairly well. I donít anticipate that the next head coach will have both of those jobs. Ultimately, it will end up on my desk. Iím here every day and I make the decisions. I run the show.Ē

On what ďgoing in a different directionĒ means

ďI canít explain that to you guys. Iím an owner, thatís what I do, Iím here everyday, itís my job.

cutthemdown
03-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Cutler just said he won't play for any team that passed on him in draft, or didn't try hard enough to trade up and get him. He says they had there chance to show him he was wanted and already fracked it up.

BroncoLifer
03-19-2009, 02:11 PM

Mine does. All the time.

Man-Goblin
03-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Maybe Pat has Alzheimer's?

http://www.healthcentral.com/newsdetail/408/8014779.html

Alcohol Boosts Memory, Fights Alzheimer's

Ivanhoe Newswire

By Lucy Williams, Ivanhoe Health Correspondent

A new study shows moderate alcohol consumption increases the expression of a brain receptor believed to play a role in memory and learning. Researchers report this finding could have important implications for Alzheimer's prevention.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-19-2009, 02:15 PM
I work for a large Boston law firm, so yes, most partners come in on the weekends for meetings with their larger clients when they come up.

And Bowlen? He admitted as much himself in his Shanny Press Conf:

On Shanahan handling head coach and general manager responsibilities

ďI felt that Mike was doing both of those jobs fairly well. I donít anticipate that the next head coach will have both of those jobs. Ultimately, it will end up on my desk. Iím here every day and I make the decisions. I run the show.Ē

On what ďgoing in a different directionĒ means

ďI canít explain that to you guys. Iím an owner, thatís what I do, Iím here everyday, itís my job.

Yeah, I'm 'here every day' too. Monday through Friday, I'm here.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Mine does. All the time.

Most do.

Beantown Bronco
03-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I'm 'here every day' too. Monday through Friday, I'm here.

Don't be an ass. He shows up to work on Saturdays and Sundays and you know it. Certainly one day in particular where one of his top employees is coming in for a fairly important meeting with your #1 and #2 guy.

If Bowlen doesn't work weekends, then why has pretty much every quote that's come from him at press conferences at the team facility come on weekends?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Don't be an ass. He shows up to work on Saturdays and Sundays and you know it. Certainly one day in particular where one of his top employees is coming in for a fairly important meeting with your #1 and #2 guy.

If Bowlen doesn't work weekends, then why has pretty much every quote that's come from him at press conferences at the team facility come on weekends?

The fact remains that the meeting was supposed to be between McD and Cutler. Maybe Bowlen was expecting to see Jay after the meeting, but Cutler ran off to post "angry" on his MySpace page immediately after.

The fact remains that Bowlen tried getting in touch with Jay after he left the complex by telephone, and that jay didn't answer nor return the call.

COMPLETELY POSSIBLE that Bowlen has told McD, in no uncertain terms, "get this fixed." Also possible that he told McD that, since this isn't Bowlen's creation, it won't be Bowlen who cleans it up.

titan
03-19-2009, 02:42 PM
On KOA Radio Dave Logan said just now he heard John Clayton of ESPN report Denver may deal directly with KC to get Cassel. I didn't see that on the ESPN site - did anyone else hear that?

ChampBailey24
03-19-2009, 02:46 PM
On KOA Radio Dave Logan said just now he heard John Clayton of ESPN report Denver may deal directly with KC to get Cassel. I didn't see that on the ESPN site - did anyone else hear that?

i would love that, get cassel, then deal cutler

SonOfLe-loLang
03-19-2009, 02:48 PM

This would be horrible on many levels.

Popps
03-19-2009, 02:48 PM

As stunning as all of this has been, nothing would shock me more than us dealing with KC directly, and sending Cutler to our divisional rival.

Look, I'm not sure Jay will be a star. I think there are major question marks, but I know how I DON'T want to find out... and that's by sending him to K.C..

2KBack
03-19-2009, 02:49 PM
you know what I would find hilarious? If Denver Delt for Cassell, but kept Cutler.

rugbythug
03-19-2009, 02:50 PM

So when your boss asks to see you do you say. Sure I will be in my office cmon by?

rugbythug
03-19-2009, 02:51 PM
you know what I would find hilarious? If Denver Delt for Cassell, but kept Cutler.

Talk about a leverage killer ugh.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-19-2009, 02:56 PM

Uggggh. Not a fan of dealing with KC in the slightest.

Did hear that he said this morning that there is one team talking to Den in a deal that involves a vet QB and 2 1sts and that 4 teams are seriously talking to the Broncos.

2KBack
03-19-2009, 02:58 PM

how so? If Denver already feels that they have a guy to start for them, teams can't assume that Denver HAS to move Cutler. Takes away any desperation of Denver's part.

Though my reasoning has nothing to do with a trade, but everything to do with seeing how Cutler reacts to playing for a coach waiting for an excuse to pull him.

theAPAOps5
03-19-2009, 03:01 PM

This is what I think about dealing with KC directly:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e263/Nalaqueen3/oldladykickinhead.gif

rastaman
03-19-2009, 04:16 PM

So is that a straight up Cassell for Cutler deal?

rastaman
03-19-2009, 04:18 PM

Sure why not.....Cassell is a career backup he won't mind sitting the bench!;D

eddie mac
03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Uggggh. Not a fan of dealing with KC in the slightest.

Did hear that he said this morning that there is one team talking to Den in a deal that involves a vet QB and 2 1sts and that 4 teams are seriously talking to the Broncos.

McNabb looking to join his old mate in new surroundings???

garandman
03-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Well my boss would do this or I would go to him or I would not be allowed to do this at my job so Jay shouldnt....

Would everyone stop comparing there own personal work environment with Dove valley, its apples and oranges kids...

rastaman
03-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Well my boss would do this or I would go to him or I would not be allowed to do this at my job so Jay shouldnt....

Would everyone stop comparing there own personal work environment with Dove valley, its apples and oranges kids...

Rep!

FireFly
03-19-2009, 05:52 PM

I doubt this very much.

I was going to say something along the lines of I'd be in such a rage I'd do something crazy etc. etc. etc.

But the reality of it is, if we traded for Cassel with KC, we woudn't be getting a great deal. Not even a respectable deal. Not even KC is stupid enough to give a division rival any deal that doesn't make the rival look like complete idiots.

Under these circumstances, I think there'd be so much rage/anxiety/devestation that my brain would simply switch off and my gf would find my laying limp at my computer.

Rabb
03-19-2009, 06:34 PM
So is that a straight up Cassell for Cutler deal?

Dear God and Baby Jesus,

Please don't let this happen. Smite the man that makes this deal. I will stop surfing the internet as much* at work and I will stop saying ****, **** and b**** as much as I do. If you can do this I will also at least look at church on Sundays**. I will also stop being mean to the Raiders guy I work with.***

Thanks,

rabb

*from 8 hours down to 6, adding a longer lunch
**excluding Football season including preseason, college and AFL if it is back
***Not really, moron

DBroncos4life
03-19-2009, 06:45 PM
As stunning as all of this has been, nothing would shock me more than us dealing with KC directly, and sending Cutler to our divisional rival.

Look, I'm not sure Jay will be a star. I think there are major question marks, but I know how I DON'T want to find out... and that's by sending him to K.C..

Lol and you really think McD is going to make it a year. The fact remains our D still sucks balls and all we are doing is trying to figure out what the hell we are going to do with a QB that finished in the top ten in the NFL last year.

If we trade Cutler to KC and get swept by them McD should just ****ing quit.

bronco militia
03-19-2009, 06:57 PM
good god...since when did john clayton get anything right?

it was bull**** yesterday, and still bull**** today

Rock Chalk
03-19-2009, 07:30 PM

I dont know why anyone listens to that pencil neck cock munch.

NFLBRONCO
03-19-2009, 07:31 PM

Our rumors here are better then the Crypt Keepers inside info.

Kid A
03-19-2009, 07:41 PM

I don't think that happens in a million years, but if it did I think the leverage would come from teams competing against each other in the Cutler sweepstakes.

socalorado
03-19-2009, 08:09 PM
I dont know why anyone listens to that pencil neck cock munch.

Exactly. Mr Mackey is full o sh!t, em kay