PDA

View Full Version : question for season ticket holders

mwill07
03-18-2009, 07:18 PM
how easy is it to move tickets to games you won't be going to?

I put myself on the wait list probably 8 years ago - I was living in FL at the time, but figured my career might take me to Denver - you never know. last year, I tried to make the move but I couldn't find a job out there. I ended up moving to South Carolina (near Charlotte).

I just called the Bronco ticket office, and I'm now 1208 away. With the economy and Cutlergate, I'm thinking that there will be a few tickets that aren't renewed and I just might finally make the cut this year.

It still isn't out of the question that I end up in Colorado within the next 5-10 years, and it would be awesome to have tickets at that time. I'm inclined to get the tickets, and sell the bulk of them on e-bay/craigslist/stubhub - maybe I'll fork out the cash and fly into town to see a game or two myself.

So - how difficult is it to move tickets? Any nuances I should be aware of?

tsiguy96
03-18-2009, 07:20 PM
if youre caught selling them for above market value i think they can (and will?) revoke your season tickets..

mwill07
03-18-2009, 07:24 PM
if youre caught selling them for above market value i think they can (and will?) revoke your season tickets..

well, all I really want is to recoup the cost - I fully plan on using said tickets at some point in the future. Right not, it's not really a profit endeavor, but profit would be nice.

BBB1980
03-18-2009, 07:30 PM
I am a season ticket holder and frineds with many others. One of them last year had a tough year and had to sell her tickets to most of the games. She did this through a site that was set up with the Broncos. She was able to sell most of the games that she could not attend. They would add the money her account each time so when the renewal notice came out this season she had a credit for a good portion of what she owed for the new season. She was very satisfied with how it was handled and the outcome.

mwill07
03-18-2009, 07:37 PM
I am a season ticket holder and frineds with many others. One of them last year had a tough year and had to sell her tickets to most of the games. She did this through a site that was set up with the Broncos. She was able to sell most of the games that she could not attend. They would add the money her account each time so when the renewal notice came out this season she had a credit for a good portion of what she owed for the new season. She was very satisfied with how it was handled and the outcome.

good to know...thanks. Did she ever not sell?

seanpgk
03-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Yep, you can set up your account through the Broncos official website. You log in on the bottom-left corner of the page. They issue you an account and initial password after you become a season ticket holder (the site is actually run by Ticketmaster). During the season, you can choose to sell any of your seats to any of the games- all without ever dealing with the actual buyer. The buyer prints out the tickets on their own. The Colorado State Legislature passed a law in 2008 allowing anyone to sell their tickets ABOVE face value (if they choose) to any event. In fact, there are minimums to selling through this site depending on what section your seats are. I'm in Sect. 537 and my minimum is $60/seat. When your seats are sold, they credit your account as stated above. For those who don't want to deal with StubHub, craigslist, etc (like me), it's really easy to use.

Also, another reason I use the Broncos TicketExchange to sell tickets I won't use is that this is the only way to sell your tickets and not be responsible for the actions of whoever is in your seats. Otherwise, you are liable for any actions that happen in your seats and if someone really screws up and makes an complete ass of themselves- the Broncos can and probably will revoke your season ticket privileges.

I've had my season tickets 2 full seasons and haven't had too much trouble selling seats when I haven't been able to make a game here or there. This season might be a different story though, we'll see.

Rabb
03-18-2009, 08:05 PM
do they let you do payments? like half and half or something?

also isn't there a deposit?

mwill07
03-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Yep, you can set up your account through the Broncos official website. You log in on the bottom-left corner of the page. They issue you an account and initial password after you become a season ticket holder (the site is actually run by Ticketmaster). During the season, you can choose to sell any of your seats to any of the games- all without ever dealing with the actual buyer. The buyer prints out the tickets on their own. The Colorado State Legislature passed a law in 2008 allowing anyone to sell their tickets ABOVE face value (if they choose) to any event. In fact, there are minimums to selling through this site depending on what section your seats are. I'm in Sect. 537 and my minimum is $60/seat. When your seats are sold, they credit your account as stated above. For those who don't want to deal with StubHub, craigslist, etc (like me), it's really easy to use.

Also, another reason I use the Broncos TicketExchange to sell tickets I won't use is that this is the only way to sell your tickets and not be responsible for the actions of whoever is in your seats. Otherwise, you are liable for any actions that happen in your seats and if someone really screws up and makes an complete ass of themselves- the Broncos can and probably will revoke your season ticket privileges.

I've had my season tickets 2 full seasons and haven't had too much trouble selling seats when I haven't been able to make a game here or there. This season might be a different story though, we'll see.

cool - thanks.

broncosteven
03-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Don't forget about having to eat Preseason games too, they make you pay for those

Rabb
03-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Don't forget about having to eat Preseason games too, they make you pay for those

I know I will sound stupid, but you get preseason as a part of the package...or it is extra?

broncosteven
03-18-2009, 08:18 PM
I know I will sound stupid, but you get preseason as a part of the package...or it is extra?

If you only want the regular season you are screwed. you have to buy 10 games 8 reg and 2 PS.

seanpgk
03-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah, you pay the first half sometime in the late spring/early summer and the rest a little later. After the first season, you can pay the first half deposit by early March to be on the Seat Improvement request list. I hope to move a little closer to the 50 this year. Needless to say, I think I'll have a lot more options this year:)

mwill07
03-18-2009, 08:26 PM
If you only want the regular season you are screwed. you have to buy 10 games 8 reg and 2 PS.

in the pink section, they say it's (http://to.denverbroncos.com/reserved_seat_info)$580 - that includes pre-season games too, right? $580 is for 10 games?

seanpgk
03-18-2009, 08:27 PM
$58/seat/game@10 games= $580/season ticket + approx $5 processing fee

It's pretty hard to move the preseason tickets if you don't go- so pretty much spread that cost over 8 gms and the real price is $72.50/season ticket in Sect 537.

Rabb

actually I am good with this, I just did not know how it worked but thank you for the reply

preseason is still football and at that point I won't care

seanpgk
At least pretty hard to get anything close to face value...

Rabb
03-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah, you pay the first half sometime in the late spring/early summer and the rest a little later. After the first season, you can pay the first half deposit by early March to be on the Seat Improvement request list. I hope to move a little closer to the 50 this year. Needless to say, I think I'll have a lot more options this year:)

thanks man

seanpgk
03-18-2009, 08:38 PM
No problem- it's definitely worth it if you have/get them.

Rabb
03-18-2009, 08:41 PM
I cannot wait, I think I have been on it since like 2003 or so...I did it with the mindset that by the time my number is up I can afford them

4 more years I am guessing for me (6,515 as of today)

seanpgk
03-18-2009, 08:53 PM
I got on the list in 2000 when I was 21 (with the same idea of affording them when I got there) and in my seats '07. Should of had them in '06, but they had my cell # a digit off! I politely requested to be at the top of the list in '07 (they admitted it was their error) and I got them that summer. I was pretty psyched to say the least.

seanpgk
03-18-2009, 08:55 PM
4 more years I am guessing for me (6,515 as of today)

Maybe less at this rate...

Rabb
03-18-2009, 08:58 PM
I am hoping so, I have been in the "ok I can afford it now" mode for a few years now and am getting antsy

I was even going to get AFL season tix this year to get me by but noooooooooo

Broncoman13
03-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Last year for the Bills game there were 1500 tickets on sale at stubhub... AT GAME TIME! Some of them were going for as little as $15 per ticket. Most years it is difficult to find a pair of tickets without paying 15-25% over the face value. With the current economy and a little senseless drama going I would think this year would be more of the same.

Oh, and how could it be that you're number is up already. The Broncos told CaliJohn that there was still a 12 year waiting list. Some people are naive I guess. Just like they aren't losing many fans in terms of season ticket sales. Propaganda and the Broncos are doing their best to fight off a mass turn in at this point. I've been saying it for three months now, Pat Bowlen is sweating bullets b/c sales are down. That is a huge reason why we are going through so many changes, Pat knew something had to change. Bronco fans are amongst the best in the country, but even we have our limits. The economy and a poor product even affects the most faithful!

titan
03-18-2009, 09:35 PM
I have had success selling my extra games early in the season. I don't go to all the games, like I used to, so before the season I decide which games I am going to and I sell the rest. Easy to sell the regular season games, even against the bad teams, before the 1st game or early in the season when optimism is high. If the season goes south for the Broncos then the tickets are harder to sell.

Preseason is another story. In recent years I have picked one of those games to go to, and I give the other as a gift to a business client or friend.

mwill07
05-28-2009, 06:49 AM
so at least 1208 ticket holders did not renew between March 18 and today - I got the notification e-mail today that season tickets are available.

pulling the trigger on this will be tough for me - since March, I took a 10% pay-cut and my wife had a baby, making travel w/ the wife to see a game challenging at best. not sure what I'm gonna do. Anyone wanna go halvsies?

TailgateNut
05-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Final payment for this year are due today. Yippee!

Good luck moving tickets this season.

bronco militia
05-28-2009, 08:20 AM
I'm paying tomorrow just to be an ass.

here's to your wonderful offseason, pat

Meck77
05-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Final payment for this year are due today. Yippee!

Good luck moving tickets this season.

I heard 2010 deposit will be due when training camp starts.

TailgateNut
05-28-2009, 08:27 AM
I heard 2010 deposit will be due when training camp starts.

Don't give Pat any ideas.

bronco militia
05-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Lol

boppool
05-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Anyone know how to figure out many people are ahead of you in the waiting list?

Beantown Bronco
05-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Anyone know how to figure out many people are ahead of you in the waiting list?

Take the # from December and subtract about 10,000.

mwill07
05-28-2009, 01:07 PM
for ticket holders - another question: how does the upgrade process work? As time goes on, I should be able to move closer to the field, right? How does that work? First come, first serve? Is this something I have to be at in person to do?

Also, if I wanted to go from 2 to 4 tickets at some time in the future, is that possible?

What about changing price points? Is it possible to buy between the 20's in 2009 and then later on downgrade to end-zone, without losing "seniority"?

Thanks

Doggcow
05-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Where do I sign up for season tickets? I may as well throw myself on the list now.

TailgateNut
05-28-2009, 01:30 PM
for ticket holders - another question: how does the upgrade process work? As time goes on, I should be able to move closer to the field, right? How does that work? First come, first serve? Is this something I have to be at in person to do?

Also, if I wanted to go from 2 to 4 tickets at some time in the future, is that possible?

What about changing price points? Is it possible to buy between the 20's in 2009 and then later on downgrade to end-zone, without losing "seniority"?

Thanks

To make it simple: You'll be able to sit beside me on the field in about 40 years.ROFL!

Each year you can request an upgrade. That upgrade is approved based on
1. availability of seats, 2. your priority number (wich is probably in the 20000 range)

Mine are 6000 something for miy field level seats and 13000 for my upper level seats. I have been able to upgrade my upper level seats 4 times in the last 10 years moving 1 section over and 10 rows down.

TailgateNut
05-28-2009, 01:32 PM

Not according to Pat!;)

Hercules Rockefeller
05-28-2009, 01:40 PM

Good riddance to anyone who removed their name because of this offseason.

TailgateNut
05-28-2009, 01:55 PM

No doubt! Adios.

I think he was referring to peeps who did not renew their season tix, which, in turn allowed 10000 new fans to get tix.

broncosteven
05-28-2009, 04:04 PM

I hope that more people bail, I only signed up a year ago. The quicker I get my tix the better.

smalltowngrll
05-30-2009, 06:01 AM
I'm 6k something rather. So, if not this year... next year! Next year works out better for me. Something about being 8-9 months pregnant and having a new baby during football season makes it alittle difficult to get to Denver!

Next year...... And we got our direct flight to Denver! My plan is coming together. Ha!

DeuceOfClub
05-30-2009, 06:35 AM
how easy is it to move tickets to games you won't be going to?

I put myself on the wait list probably 8 years ago - I was living in FL at the time, but figured my career might take me to Denver - you never know. last year, I tried to make the move but I couldn't find a job out there. I ended up moving to South Carolina (near Charlotte).

I just called the Bronco ticket office, and I'm now 1208 away. With the economy and Cutlergate, I'm thinking that there will be a few tickets that aren't renewed and I just might finally make the cut this year.

It's all sound too familiar.
I signed in 2003 and was #23,000+ on the list, and was told I am looking at 20 years.
Two weeks ago when I called to update my personal info, I was told I'm at 2,800 and will probably get a call next or even this year.

smalltowngrll
05-30-2009, 11:24 AM
It's all sound too familiar.
I signed in 2003 and was #23,000+ on the list, and was told I am looking at 20 years.
Two weeks ago when I called to update my personal info, I was told I'm at 2,800 and will probably get a call next or even this year.

That's odd. I signed up in 2004 and was told 6-7 years. So, I'm not sure where you got the 20 years from...but, I don't think it was from the ticket office. Right now it doesn't even say 20 years and the list is longer than it was in 2003-2004.

Meck77
05-30-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd be careful getting into season tix if you don't plan on using the tix yourself this year or the next several years for that matter. Haven't seen this many people trying to sell since Elway retired. With so many lower level face value tix out there and the Broncos diluting the value of the tix with their own 1/2 price tix it could be tough. If you are in for the long haul it will certainly pay off provided we get back into the playoffs though. :thumbs:

http://denver.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=broncos&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

Almost 1,000 listings on Ebay. http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=denver+broncos+ticket+tickets&_sacat=0&_trksid=m270&_odkw=denver+broncos&_osacat=0

mwill07
05-30-2009, 04:40 PM
As an update - an old friend of mine in Cheyenne has always wanted tickets, and agreed to buy them from me for this year and beyond. So, I am now a season ticket holder who happens to live 2k miles from Denver. This year I will be coming to the New England game, and after that I'll try to fly out at least once a year to sit in my seats.

When/if I make it back to the front range full time (long term goal), my buddy and I will split the tickets from there on, so it looks like it could be a good long term deal for the both of us.

chawknz
05-31-2009, 08:46 AM
Just FYI, I signed up for season tickets on July 11th, 2007. At the time, I was # 23,048 in line.

I emailed the lady two weeks ago to see what position I was at, and as of May 20th, 2009, I am at 21,318.

So much for the mad flood of people not renewing their tickets.