PDA

View Full Version : How does it end?

montrose
03-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Your forecast for #6.

theAPAOps5
03-18-2009, 01:40 PM
His ego won't let him listen to anything other than a trade.

OBF1
03-18-2009, 01:46 PM
I see trade in his future as well

montrose
03-18-2009, 01:51 PM
I voted he returns under the existing contract. I see Cutler only reporting to mandatory functions and playing out the season in what is a very tumultuous and hostile season before being traded next year when we start all over again with a new QB.

Requiem
03-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Retires from football and takes over for Wilford Brimley at Liberty Medical. After a struggle with diabetes, Jay dies at 32.

Kaylore
03-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Montrose you really think this can be patched up?

Kaylore
03-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Retires from football and takes over for Wilford Brimley at Liberty Medical. After a struggle with diabetes, Jay dies at 32.

:spit:

http://onni.jkl.fi/~lauri/kuvia/diabeetus.jpg

OBF1
03-18-2009, 02:05 PM

WOW.... I guess he did not follow Wilfords advice

Punisher
03-18-2009, 02:08 PM
In Mile High Chants SIMS!,SIMS!,SIMS!

socalorado
03-18-2009, 02:09 PM
I voted he returns under the existing contract. I see Cutler only reporting to mandatory functions and playing out the season in what is a very tumultuous and hostile season before being traded next year when we start all over again with a new QB.

MAn your thread happy today! Good thing too!
As much as i want Ajy to stay and play in DEN, i think he gets dealt.

Taco John
03-18-2009, 02:10 PM
I don't think there is any way in hell he returns under his existing contract when you consider that Chris Simms is scheduled to make 3x more than Cutler is this season...

skpac1001
03-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Bowlen votes trade?
He was asked if he thought Culter would remain a Bronco.
"To tell you the truth, I have no answer to that question," Bowlen said. "I would like to keep him here, obviously. But if you are going to be an unhappy camper there is no real reason to be here."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f54761&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Old Dude
03-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Sprkkk * sss ** sprk **

This is OldDude, transmitting from the future, in the year 2023, when so many of the Tradegate threads have been generated that they have somehow gained sentinence, combined, and are now crawling up the walls of the Quest building in an attempt to dominate the region's telecommunication systems

Please. I beg you. Sto ---

Spprk ** blzt.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I think they work it out, and he stays. I think Cutler figures out that he's already done enough damage to his rep by being a douchebag throughout this process, and figures he might as well cut his losses and come play under the contract he is currently under.

It may take a firm "we are not trading you. Deal with it" for that to happen, but we'll see.

24champ
03-18-2009, 02:19 PM
There is no way he plays the upcoming season in his current contract.

The question is whether he gets that here or someplace else. My guess is somewhere else.

montrose
03-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Montrose you really think this can be patched up?

No. I just think both sides are at standoff that will bring out the worst in each of them. I just don't see Denver caving in and giving Jay a new deal, especially if they're uncertain as to how he'll fit in this offense. Furthermore, I have a hard time believing Denver will trade him unless they get a deal that knocks their socks off. They've been so insistent they won't trade him, how does it make them look if they again, give in, and deal him. We've speculated deals of the teams we think are interested, but the truth is that none of these appear to be deals Denver would want to do had this incident never came up. The only thing I see forcing a trade is if Jay holds out from mandatory functions and informs the team he won't attend training camp. This would directly go against what he's said thus far and I just doubt that "Mr. I play for my teammates" would holdout and not be paid.

That's why I expect a cold Cutler to report to all mandatory functions and play the season out as the QB. I think he and McDaniels will hate each other every second of it and it will create a very uncomfortable situation in the locker room. If we take Jay at complete, public face value and that this has nothing to do with money and everything to do with trust; there's no denying he's a headstrong guy who can hold a grudge. He will never trust McDaniels, and even if he did - I believe he'd rather not play for him because of this system. I think Jay wants to play for a team that will build an offense to his abilities. This is why, following the season, I believe Cutler will be dealt to Shanahan's new team and we'll be starting over again in 2010, rendering 2009 pointless. IMO, this is the worst case scenario - which is why I expect it to happen.

Rohirrim
03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
I voted he'll come back under the existing contract. Din't he get a $17 million signing bonus? Did Simms get one of those? By the end of next season, the Mane will be filled with drama over Jay's new contract talks. Same as it ever was. :oyvey:

Oh, and by next December, Josh and Jay will be good buddies. ;D

ColoradoDarin
03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Thankfully mandatory minicamps are before the draft. Cutler has said he will report, which means he and Coach McDaniels can sit down and talk without bus cook there. Hopefully at that time they will be able to work out their differences and we're all good and laughing about this a year from now.

ColoradoDarin
03-18-2009, 02:46 PM
I don't think there is any way in hell he returns under his existing contract when you consider that Chris Simms is scheduled to make 3x more than Cutler is this season...

Simms is going to make $21 million??

Los Broncos
03-18-2009, 02:46 PM
He will be traded, no doubt.

USMCBladerunner
03-18-2009, 02:51 PM
No. I just think both sides are at standoff that will bring out the worst in each of them. I just don't see Denver caving in and giving Jay a new deal, especially if they're uncertain as to how he'll fit in this offense. Furthermore, I have a hard time believing Denver will trade him unless they get a deal that knocks their socks off. They've been so insistent they won't trade him, how does it make them look if they again, give in, and deal him. We've speculated deals of the teams we think are interested, but the truth is that none of these appear to be deals Denver would want to do had this incident never came up. The only thing I see forcing a trade is if Jay holds out from mandatory functions and informs the team he won't attend training camp. This would directly go against what he's said thus far and I just doubt that "Mr. I play for my teammates" would holdout and not be paid.

That's why I expect a cold Cutler to report to all mandatory functions and play the season out as the QB. I think he and McDaniels will hate each other every second of it and it will create a very uncomfortable situation in the locker room. If we take Jay at complete, public face value and that this has nothing to do with money and everything to do with trust; there's no denying he's a headstrong guy who can hold a grudge. He will never trust McDaniels, and even if he did - I believe he'd rather not play for him because of this system. I think Jay wants to play for a team that will build an offense to his abilities. This is why, following the season, I believe Cutler will be dealt to Shanahan's new team and we'll be starting over again in 2010, rendering 2009 pointless. IMO, this is the worst case scenario - which is why I expect it to happen.

I was thinking this exact same thing on my way home from work last night...I was also hoping that Shanny got hired by a bottom three team to up the compensation.

SureShot
03-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Pat is going to give in and sign Jay to a new contract, but won't recall doing it.

skpac1001
03-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Thankfully mandatory minicamps are before the draft. Cutler has said he will report, which means he and Coach McDaniels can sit down and talk without bus cook there. Hopefully at that time they will be able to work out their differences and we're all good and laughing about this a year from now.

Yup, I think minicamp is where the final decision will be made, and unless Jay is listening to his i-pod the whole time or doesn't show, I expect it will be to keep him. I think how cold the relationship stays depends on Cutler, if he picks up the offense well, they will score points and look good and that will do worlds for his ego, pride, and happiness with being a Bronco. He will never have a Shanny/Bates relationship with him, but I think that is a good thing anyways.

bjeffrey
03-18-2009, 03:49 PM
IF, and it's a big IF, we can get to mini-camp in April without the media recruiting one or more of the participants to "fan the flames", then I think it settles down and he plays here. As Montrose says, it's gonna be muy uncomfortable, but I see Jay's sense of team and his own ego taking over. I also agree with Montrose that Cutler's skills are not the ones that McD will emphasize. If he's here beyond 2009, it will be because one of the two makes an accomodation in how Jay and the "system" interact.

jayman_37
03-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Where is the option that says he comes back and then McDaniels puts him as the second string?

BuckinKaeding
03-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Crazy.

I thought for sure that He'll stay would have been chosen more.

What are your backup plans if hes not here? Chris Simms? Damn...

Lets hope, for your sake, that you get a solid QB back for him.

DenverBrit
03-18-2009, 05:38 PM
The passage of time will hopefully allow Jay to calm down and reflect on his reaction to the 'trade.'
He'll turn up for all mandatory workouts/meetings and mixing with the team again will remind him how much fun it is playing for Denver.
He'll remember how good the offensive line is and how he was sacked just 11 times.
Cook will get enough of a new contract commitment, from Bowlen and Xanders, for next year and will look forward to his fat commision.
Jay and Josh will learn mutual respect and forge a working relationship that leads to success on the field.
Winning games together forges a lasting relationship, playoff wins and Denver's first SB since 98.
Bowlen hoists the Lombardi and slurs......"This one's for me."

Or, Jay says f@ck Denver, sells his homes, is traded to Detroit and vanishes into obscurity.

I have no idea! ???

Blart
03-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Bowlen votes trade?
"To tell you the truth, I have no answer to that question," Bowlen said. "I would like to keep him here, obviously. But if you are going to be an unhappy camper there is no real reason to be here."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80f54761&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

There's your answer. Trade.

And a bit further into the future:
This is McDaniels 2nd to last season as a Head Coach

broncofan7
03-18-2009, 05:56 PM
How's it end? With us having a top 5 pick in next year's draft so McD can select his 'QB of the future'.

broncofan7
03-18-2009, 05:57 PM

I concur

Archer81
03-18-2009, 05:58 PM
We'll see eventually.

:Broncos:

watermock
03-18-2009, 06:13 PM
I think we will wind up trading and getting less than market value.

Alot of questions are unanswered after this fiasco.

Probably get a high first and a player, that's it.

BlaK-Argentina
03-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Should have ended already, I don't care how at this point; this is beyond dumb.

Florida_Bronco
03-18-2009, 06:37 PM
I'd say the likely scenario is that he comes back this season with the promise that if he performs in 09 they'll give him a new deal.

BlaK-Argentina
03-18-2009, 06:38 PM
I voted trade BTW. :P

rastaman
03-18-2009, 06:42 PM

Great! I see McD dying unexpectedly at age 34 after suffering a horrific car accident.

rastaman
03-18-2009, 06:50 PM
I was thinking this exact same thing on my way home from work last night...I was also hoping that Shanny got hired by a bottom three team to up the compensation.

I'd like to see the same scenario happen. Jay and Shanahan deserves the chance and reunite and see what type of magic they can work together. Maybe also, McLier can land Cassell and everyone can live happily ever after.

hambone13
03-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Bowlen votes trade?

Obviously Bowlen has no power or input or capacity to make an informed decision anyway. He just can't remember. Here comes Al Davis part Deux

Bob's your Information Minister
03-18-2009, 06:57 PM
In Disaster

24champ
03-18-2009, 08:04 PM

Hey bowlen, do you think McDaniels will do a good job?

"I don't know, ask me next year."

Mickey D doesn't have a lot of time. A year or two tops.

AbileneBroncoFan
03-18-2009, 11:19 PM
He plays under his current contract this year. After we make the playoffs, he signs a large extension next offseason. End of story. I am tired of hearing about this.

OrangeRising
03-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Taco John - "I don't think there is any way in hell he returns under his existing contract when you consider that Chris Simms is scheduled to make 3x more than Cutler is this season..."

Is this true? This can't be true, can it? Couldn't someone have foreseen what a problem this might be for heavens sake?

Well, I was going to say that I still believed there was somewhere around a 50-50 chance Cutler plays in Denver this fall, but I wasn't aware he would be payed less than his sub. It's just astonishing if true.

Maybe they thought no-one would notice.

watermock
03-19-2009, 04:03 AM
We just gave a reject that was living off daddy's legacy 5M$.

Just like SOB.

BTW, Gruden is out of a job BECAUSE HE COULDN'T FIND A FRANCHISE QB.

IT'S NOT FOR TRYING THO...

The former QB Guru has gone thru at least 6 QB's.

Mogulseeker
03-19-2009, 05:43 AM
Rosy: Jay comes back on his current contract, plays well, fires his agent, and gets a lucrative new deal next year.

Bleak: Jay comes back on his current contract and sits. Three years pass and his contract expires. Or he gets traded.

He'll stay in Denver.

I'd say the likely scenario is that he comes back this season with the promise that if he performs in 09 they'll give him a new deal.

This seems to be what the natural flow of events would dictace.

We just need to get Jay away from Cook, so he can make amends with McDaniels. Cook is a football succubus; a corrupting influence. Jay's a good kid, he just needs to eviscerate the cancer that is Bus Cook.

Mogulseeker
03-19-2009, 05:46 AM
We just gave a reject that was living off daddy's legacy 5M$.

Just like SOB.

BTW, Gruden is out of a job BECAUSE HE COULDN'T FIND A FRANCHISE QB.

IT'S NOT FOR TRYING THO...

The former QB Guru has gone thru at least 6 QB's.

Why do your posts always come of as incoherent rabble?

I've heard of senior moments, but you've had like 70,000 of them.

TheReverend
03-19-2009, 05:46 AM
I'm frustrated that the option "Sweet Lovemaking" isn't present in the poll.

colonelbeef
03-19-2009, 05:55 AM
Where is the "If Cutler leaves Josh McDaniels is gone in 3 years" option

Drek
03-19-2009, 05:57 AM
One of two outcomes:

Cutler sits down with McDaniels one on one like Josh wants. They iron it out, Cutler sees that McDaniels was being given monster offers for him and that Josh felt compelled to at least explore the value. Josh makes it clear that he doesn't expect Cutler to trust him overnight, but that he does want Cutler to be the leader of the team even though that means Cutler will be the target of a lot of "tough love". They resolve their issues, Cutler makes some big maturation steps, McDaniels learns a thing or two about dealing with a young up and coming talent, and the two of them proceed to the '09 season where they torch the entire league with an offense that makes the '07 Pats look like a team unfamiliar with the concept of the forward pass.

Other outcome?

Bowlen is now so pissed off that he demands Xanders and McDaniels trade Cutler. McDaniels isn't happy about it, but they do it anyway. They return something like what PK suggested, two firsts and a good player. We either get Brady Quinn to be our QB and are one of the top 10 offenses in both yardage and points or go with Chris Simms and have a solid but unspectacular offense that ranks fairly well, but not outstanding. If its the later we draft Tim Tebow next year and he becomes a stud for us.

I'd prefer to keep Cutler, but I have a lot of faith in McDaniels being able to make a lot of QBs look very good in his offense with all the talent we'll have around said QB.

colonelbeef
03-19-2009, 05:57 AM
We'll see eventually.

Time for you to choose a different avatar, you jumped the gun on that too

Mogulseeker
03-19-2009, 05:58 AM
Where is the "If Cutler leaves Josh McDaniels is gone in 3 years" option

That's lose-lose

Archer81
03-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Time for you to choose a different avatar, you jumped the gun on that too

Because the market goes up 400 points? Went up because of suspending a regulation determining value for fixed bonds. But by all means continue to think the stimulus will help.