PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about Defense

UberBroncoMan
03-18-2009, 12:29 PM
**** all this QB talk.

Lets talk about defense.

I'm hoping Ron Fields is going to turn into the "breakout player" some people have said he's going to be.

I'm curious about the draft as well... I'm more inclined to believe we try to beef up the front 3 as opposed to LB's as I believe we're set for the year LB wise with Williams/Davis/Woodyard/Larsen/Bailey/Moss/Dumervil/Crowder.

I want to see Jarron Gilbert in a Broncos jersey.

barryr
03-18-2009, 12:36 PM
If the Broncos want a good 3-4, they need OLB's that can get to the QB. Look at the Steelers for example.

Plus, I remember when Collier had the 3-4 for the Broncos, they had Fletcher and Mecklenburg. Granted they moved Meck all around, but still, he was used mostly as a pass rusher from the LB spot.

The need to get big type guys on the DL.

As for LB, I think Williams, Larsen, and Woodyard can fit with this new system.

Moss and Dumervil might if they can convert to OLB or are just used in passing downs and not asked to cover at all.

Crowder may not be big enough to play the DL in a 3-4 and I don't see him at LB at all unless tried at ILB.

Bailey isn't much of a pass rusher, so I'm not sure he fits unless he goes inside.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-18-2009, 12:40 PM
If the Broncos want a good 3-4, they need OLB's that can get to the QB. Look at the Steelers for example.

Plus, I remember when Collier had the 3-4 for the Broncos, they had Fletcher and Mecklenburg. Granted they moved Meck all around, but still, he was used mostly as a pass rusher from the LB spot.

The need to get big type guys on the DL.

As for LB, I think Williams, Larsen, and Woodyard can fit with this new system.

Moss and Dumervil might if they can convert to OLB or are just used in passing downs and not asked to cover at all.

Crowder may not be big enough to play the DL in a 3-4 and I don't see him at LB at all unless tried at ILB.

Bailey isn't much of a pass rusher, so I'm not sure he fits unless he goes inside.

Crowder at ILB? What? If he's gonna be anything, he'll take on that terrell suggs, jarrett johnson (is that the other OLB on baltimores name) type role.

rugbythug
03-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Powell is my Break out player of the year. Future NT.

barryr
03-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Crowder at ILB? What? If he's gonna be anything, he'll take on that terrell suggs, jarrett johnson (is that the other OLB on baltimores name) type role.

I stated ILB because I have doubts he can do that.

Gcver2ver3
03-18-2009, 12:45 PM
we need a nose...and a bonafide starter...

hopefully we trade cutler for Quinn and Rogers...

DrFate
03-18-2009, 12:56 PM
I worry about a season of square peg/round hole. Can Dummervil play linebacker? Is DJ moving around? How quickly to the new faces fit into the scheme?

Bigdawg26
03-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah so far the starting line-up to me is:
CB-Andre Goodman
CB-Champ Bailey
FS-Regnaldo Hill
SS-Brian Dawkins
(Soild Vets with lack of depth behind Jack Williams, Josh Barrett)
OLB-Elvis Dumervil/Jarvis Moss
(Need more depth there another pass rusher in cases both experiments fail and Darrel Reid cant do it either but i have high hopes for Dumervil and fingers crossed for Moss
ILB-Andre Davis/DJ Williams
(I like this the most it seems stable although I would like to maybe Ray out of USC but theres is depth with Larsen)
DE- Marcus Thomas/Kenny Peterson
(Need another guy for the rotation more than likely in the beginning of the draft)
NT-Ron Fields
I think he could be a starter but we need a real stud hopefully BJ Raji.

Punisher
03-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Cutler for the number one pick and we take Aaron Curry :}