PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo one more Cutler thread ...........

Spider
03-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Losing Cutler just might be a good thing ......... before someone hikes up their skirt and goes drama queen , and Claims I am gay for McD or I am a Cutler hater , or some other goofy ass thing you people will call me ..........
after last year even us homers saw our team needs help big time , while Cutler was exciting , he wasnt getting the bull off the ice when it came to wins ....
How much money would be freed up if we traded Cutler for some bad ass D.E or a tweener line backer ?
we need to get power running back , we got Clady , We get a legit FB + Our oline now .........talking 5 yards before a defender can touch our RB ......
Havin Cutler would be great , but can we afford him right now ?

missingnumber7
03-18-2009, 08:40 AM
UMMM...we need help on defense...downgrading the offense would not be a particular upgrade.

Oh and you're gay for McD.

maher_tyler
03-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Losing Cutler just might be a good thing ......... before someone hikes up their skirt and goes drama queen , and Claims I am gay for McD or I am a Cutler hater , or some other goofy ass thing you people will call me ..........
after last year even us homers saw our team needs help big time , while Cutler was exciting , he wasnt getting the bull off the ice when it came to wins ....
How much money would be freed up if we traded Cutler for some bad ass D.E or a tweener line backer ?
we need to get power running back , we got Clady , We get a legit FB + Our oline now .........talking 5 yards before a defender can touch our RB ......

I honestly thought Hillis was doing a good job at FB before being moved to RB...he seems like an Allstott type of guy...

Spider
03-18-2009, 09:21 AM
UMMM...we need help on defense...downgrading the offense would not be a particular upgrade.

Oh and you're gay for McD.

in the future , D.E = Defensive end , and a Tweener Line backer is one that can play DE or like backer ............. Alrighty then ........... ;D

missingnumber7
03-18-2009, 09:34 AM
in the future , D.E = Defensive end , and a Tweener Line backer is one that can play DE or like backer ............. Alrighty then ........... ;D

Sending Cutler elsewhere...downgrading.

Spider
03-18-2009, 09:38 AM

well in a way it may not be ....... for what Cutler cost , we could get a couple of bad ass D.E. and a legit FB ............\
I honestly thought Hillis was doing a good job at FB before being moved to RB...he seems like an Allstott type of guy... Hillis will be excellent at any role he is asked to do , but I like him as a RB

Elway 4 Life
03-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Offense was not the issue!! Our horrible defense was!! Bottom line we have two kids ruining a good thing. McD should have left the offense alone and concentrated on our horricfic defense. Cutler should quit cryin, swallow some pride and make this work. Bus is a freakin snake and has escalated the whole situation. Cutler needs to think about the team and not himself. Both sides need to apologize and move foward. All this talk and exposure is making me violently ill!!

frerottenextelway
03-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Cutler's salaray is like $2 million.

Mogulseeker
03-18-2009, 10:05 AM

We have a solid power running game and McD likes to run with one back. In inches situations, Hillis can line up in the FB position and Jordan at HB, and we'll do just fine.

Cutler is playing on his rookie contract - like a $2mil base with incentives (incentives he wont get if he sits)... chump change for a Pro Bowl QB, and it's probably why he's pissed. This isn't about Cutler's feelings getting hurt, it's about Cook wanting more money and Cutler taking the wrong approach at a new contract.

EmpireOrange
03-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Couldn’t agree with you more Spidy. Every team, with draft picks and some with legit potential franchise QB sitting on the bench -ah la Cleveland- are pooping themselves over Cutler right now. Think about what McD did with Cassell - a USC back up - 11-5 with an over the hill banged up defense and then imagine what he can do with a Quinn or even a Sanchez or Stafford. If Cleveland gives up an unproven QB like Quinn and a hit draft pick, it’s a freaking no brainier. Watching Cutler in another uniform and probably doing really well will stink but right now I think Denver is better off trading him get the value that teams seem to be offering up now and start new with a QB willing to work with McDaniel’s, be coached, and is excited about the opportunity. The moment has past for Jay.

Spider
03-18-2009, 11:19 AM
We have a solid power running game and McD likes to run with one back. In inches situations, Hillis can line up in the FB position and Jordan at HB, and we'll do just fine.

Cutler is playing on his rookie contract - like a $2mil base with incentives (incentives he wont get if he sits)... chump change for a Pro Bowl QB, and it's probably why he's pissed. This isn't about Cutler's feelings getting hurt, it's about Cook wanting more money and Cutler taking the wrong approach at a new contract.

what he likes to do and what he can do with personnel he has are 2 different things ......
but it is also about defense , lets face it , we was a door mat , hell I think the Charger led fouts D back in the 80's were better then us last year ..........

Pick Six
03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm going to use this thread to make my point, instead of creating a new thread. I've been hear the "Cassel sucks, Cutler rules" chant for awhile. Let's look at the individual stats:

Cutler: 25 TDs 18 INTs 4,526 yards 86.0 quarterback rating
Cassel: 21 TDs 11 INTs 3693 yards 89.4 quarterback rating

Folks, I don't see much difference in the quarterback stats. Our "franchise quarterback" isn't much better than Cassel. He's just good at slinging the ball around between the goallines.

Before anyone brings up that we didn't have a running game, New England was 7th, but we were 12th.

NE: 4.4 ypg - 2,278 yards - 11 runs of 20 + yards - 4 fumbles
Denver: 4.8 ypg - 1,862 yards - 8 runs of 20 + yards - 8 fumbles

Denver's fumbles were twice what New England's running backs had, but that's the ONLY significant difference I see between the running games. Blueflame brought up the difference in salary in another thread between Cassel and Cutler, which is a legitimate argument. However, Cassel might be easier to deal with in the long run, and his production numbers are very similar to Jay. I would implore people not to panic if we do eventually trade for Cassel. It could be a very good thing. Here is a link to the rushing stats. Cassel and Cutler's stats can be found elsewhere on nfl.com.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

missingnumber7
03-18-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm going to use this thread to make my point, instead of creating a new thread. I've been hear the "Cassel sucks, Cutler rules" chant for awhile. Let's look at the individual stats:

Cutler: 25 TDs 18 INTs 4,526 yards 86.0 quarterback rating
Cassel: 21 TDs 11 INTs 3693 yards 89.4 quarterback rating

Folks, I don't see much difference in the quarterback stats. Our "franchise quarterback" isn't much better than Cassel. He's just good at slinging the ball around between the goallines.

Before anyone brings up that we didn't have a running game, New England was 7th, but we were 12th.

NE: 4.4 ypg - 2,278 yards - 11 runs of 20 + yards - 4 fumbles
Denver: 4.8 ypg - 1,862 yards - 8 runds of 20 + yards - 8 fumbles

Denver's fumbles were twice what New England's running backs had, but that's the ONLY significant difference between the running games. Blueflame brought up the difference in salary in another thread between Cassel and Cutler, which is a legitimate argument. However, Cassel might be easier to deal with in the long run, and his production numbers are very similar to Jay. I would implore people not to panic if we do eventually trade for Cassel. It could be a very good thing. Here is a link to the rushing stats. Cassel and Cutler's stats can be found elsewhere on nfl.com.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Cassel has played 1 season in how many years? See Derek Anderson...for crappy year 2 results. One good year is hardly reason to pay him what we would have to. Cutler is a deal to keep.

Bronx33
03-18-2009, 02:43 PM

That has yet to be determined.

Pick Six
03-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Cassel has played 1 season in how many years? See Derek Anderson...for crappy year 2 results. One good year is hardly reason to pay him what we would have to. Cutler is a deal to keep.

Not many quarterbacks are going to beat out Tom Brady for a starting job...

missingnumber7
03-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Not many quarterbacks are going to beat out Tom Brady for a starting job...

I understand that...but he didn't play in college either.

Popps
03-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Jay Cutler: The modern athlete is alive and well...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/140560-jay-cutler-reassures-us-the-modern-athlete-is-alive-and-well

(love the pic)

DenverBrit
03-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Cutler's salaray is like $2 million.

Just enough for a Long Snapper? ;D