PDA

View Full Version : I know, I know, I know more Cutler stuff in Chicago.

80smith
03-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Just heard an update on Chicago sports radio 670 that Orton is still the starting QB for the bears. Had to do with Cutler still the QB for Denver and Orton will stay the starting QB till other wise told by the bears.

Archer81
03-17-2009, 04:18 PM
OK.

:Broncos:

Broncoman13
03-17-2009, 04:29 PM
WTF??? 222 post count rule!

80smith
03-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Sorry for the bad reporting. Had 2 kids to get ready for dinner and listening to the radio at the same time... I'll listen to the pod cast when it comes available for more info cause they talked about the situation in more detail. This is all speculation on my part but lets not forget that Mike Shanahan is from the suburbs of Chicago and Indiana is closer to Chicago than Denver for Cutler. The bears might give up some picks and maby Hester also. Maby Lex or other Chicago Bronco fans can chime in......

Crushisback
03-17-2009, 05:33 PM
I just heard that free agent Joe Montana is not planning on playing this year.

DomCasual
03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Sorry for the bad reporting. Had 2 kids to get ready for dinner and listening to the radio at the same time... I'll listen to the pod cast when it comes available for more info cause they talked about the situation in more detail. This is all speculation on my part but lets not forget that Mike Shanahan is from the suburbs of Chicago and Indiana is closer to Chicago than Denver for Cutler. The bears might give up some picks and maby Hester also. Maby Lex or other Chicago Bronco fans can chime in......

Um, what does Shanahan have to do with it?

lex
03-17-2009, 05:42 PM

I watched Chicago Tribune Live yesterday and caught one of the reporters complaining how Ted Phillips has said that he'd rather invest in their own players as being their excuse for doing nothing in FA this year (For those that dont know, the McCaskeys, who own the Bears, are well known here for not spending the money to be competitive).

Also, along those lines, it doesnt seem like it would make sense for people to talk of bringing in Shanahan while Angelos is here. Its hard to imagine Shanahan and Angelos not butting heads at somepoint, especially with the McCaskeys being stingy. Thats speculation on my part about Shanahan but I havent heard any innuendos of him coming here. Ive thought about that knowing he's from here but hadnt heard it verbalized by the local media yet.

Regarding the Bears trying to make a move for Cutler, they dont have the ammo that a lot of teams do. If McDaniels wants a no talent robot (compared to Cutler), then Orton might have some appeal. But Cleveland can trump anything Chicago can offer.

lex
03-17-2009, 05:43 PM

The suggestion is that one day Shanahan may come back to coach here.

Pseudofool
03-17-2009, 05:45 PM
In ten words or less, someone tell me what this thread is about.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Well there you go this definitively ends the speculation. The Deal is Done!

Tankgunner95
03-17-2009, 05:52 PM
OK because I did not want to start a new tread because im tired of this
SH!T already. Here what I heard on the 104.5 the zone in Nashville. They are making some good points about Cutler coming back to play in Nashville. What the could not say is what Denver would get in return, thus bringing a third team into the picture and they suggested PHILLY. Some how bring MCNABB to Denver Cutler to Nashville, and Denver gets something else and maybe ship Vince young to PHILLY. I dont know I hate this SH!T but thats what I heard on the way home from work.

Killericon
03-17-2009, 05:54 PM

Nothing, but what does anything have to do with it? I mean, this news item seems to imply there was the possibility of Kyle Orton being benched for a player who's not on the team.

DomCasual
03-17-2009, 05:55 PM
SH!T already. Here what I heard on the 104.5 the zone in Nashville. They are making some good points about Cutler coming back to play in Nashville. What the could not say is what Denver would get in return, thus bringing a third team into the picture and they suggested PHILLY. Some how bring MCNABB to Denver Cutler to Nashville, and Denver gets something else and maybe ship Vince young to PHILLY. I dont know I hate this SH!T but thats what I heard on the way home from work.

Has anyone ever seen Tankgunner and 80smith in the same room at the same time?

Just throwing it out there.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Nashville will not be where Jay heads its got to be a team with enough chips. Cleveland and Detroit seem to fit that bill

Tankgunner95
03-17-2009, 05:56 PM
What are you saying?

lex
03-17-2009, 05:56 PM

McNabb is getting older and has too many bouts with accuracy.

SonOfLe-loLang
03-17-2009, 05:58 PM

What in gods name would we do with McNabb? People are retarded

Tankgunner95
03-17-2009, 05:59 PM
McNabb is getting older and has too many bouts with accuracy.

I agree with you, I dont want McNabb just telling everyone what I heard on the the radio.

broncosteven
03-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Just heard an update on Chicago sports radio 670 that Orton is still the starting QB for the bears. Had to do with Cutler still the QB for Denver and Orton will stay the starting QB till other wise told by the bears.

Bro - more background info

I heard Stink on the Chicago AM 1000 this afternoon. Seems the local Chicago area Media all want Cutler here BAD, ego, pouts and all.

Anyway Stink stuck it to Bowlen for firing Shanny but hiring McDaniels and giving him the same power he gave Shanny. He said Bowlen should have hired a GM who had the same vision Pat had and then hired a HC based on that rather than hire a younger more inexperienced Shanny.

He slammed Bowlen and mickyD and Cutler in the interview, but Cutler was last so that is what everyone remembered.

lex
03-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Bro - more background info

I heard Stink on the Chicago AM 1000 this afternoon. Seems the local Chicago area Media all want Cutler here BAD, ego, pouts and all.

Anyway Stink stuck it to Bowlen for firing Shanny but hiring McDaniels and giving him the same power he gave Shanny. He said Bowlen should have hired a GM who had the same vision Pat had and then hired a HC based on that rather than hire a younger more inexperienced Shanny.

He slammed Bowlen and mickyD and Cutler in the interview, but Cutler was last so that is what everyone remembered.

Wow, he was also on the Fan in Denver. He's getting around.

chaz
03-17-2009, 06:21 PM

Sorry for the bad reporting. Had 2 kids to get ready for dinner and listening to the radio at the same time... I'll listen to the pod cast when it comes available for more info cause they talked about the situation in more detail. This is all speculation on my part

What exactly did you speculate? I'm confused

broncosteven
03-17-2009, 08:10 PM
What exactly did you speculate? I'm confused

That they were talking about benching Orton for Cutler, who isn't on the team yet.

I didn't hear this interview even though 80smith called me but I did listen to the Stink interview earlier in the day on the other sports station here in Chi-town. I was Cutlered out at the time he called.

The real big story out of Chicago could be the fact that Lovie moved up the date of the 1st Mini-camp, duh bears are running their 1st minicamp this week because Lovie wanted to see what he had to work with talent wise.

I am not sure when he moved the date up, could have been before Cutler news broke but it is interesting that Lovie could be getting a look at Orton now to decide if he should convice Angelo to make a move for Cutler before the draft.

broncosteven
03-17-2009, 08:14 PM
WTF??? 222 post count rule!

Everyone needs to learn, sometimes you learn like MickyD - THE HARD WAY.

Let the guy find his groove, he mentioned that he was in a hurry to post the info while trying to feed the youngin's at the same time.

It took me a long time to figure out how the InteRNets worked also.

lex
03-17-2009, 08:15 PM
That they were talking about benching Orton for Cutler, who isn't on the team yet.

I didn't hear this interview even though 80smith called me but I did listen to the Stink interview earlier in the day on the other sports station here in Chi-town. I was Cutlered out at the time he called.

The real big story out of Chicago could be the fact that Lovie moved up the date of the 1st Mini-camp, duh bears are running their 1st minicamp this week because Lovie wanted to see what he had to work with talent wise.

I am not sure when he moved the date up, could have been before Cutler news broke but it is interesting that Lovie could be getting a look at Orton now to decide if he should convice Angelo to make a move for Cutler before the draft.

I dont think the start of mini camp has anything to do with Cutler. When you realize that the Bears have three layers of stingyness in the McCaskeys, Ted Phillips, and Jerry Angelo, its doubtful that Lovie has much input on moves like this. Plus when you consider that Orton has almost as much playing time as Cutler, they should already know what they have. The explanation I heard for moving the date up yesterday on CTL was that Lovie wants more focus from the team this year.

lex
03-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Everyone needs to learn, sometimes you learn like MickyD - THE HARD WAY.

Let the guy find his groove, he mentioned that he was in a hurry to post the info while trying to feed the youngin's at the same time.

It took me a long time to figure out how the InteRNets worked also.

Dont even bother with Oskie. He's a leg-humping ass clown.

broncosteven
03-17-2009, 08:21 PM
I dont think the start of mini camp has anything to do with Cutler. When you realize that the Bears have three layers of stingyness in the McCaskeys, Ted Phillips, and Jerry Angelo, its doubtful that Lovie has much input on moves like this. Plus when you consider that Orton has almost as much playing time as Cutler, they should already know what they have. The explanation I heard for moving the date up yesterday on CTL was that Lovie wants more focus from the team this year.

One of my buddies said that Lovie wasn't 100% on Orton, he is in a contract year and played on a bum ankle most of last year.

They said they "heard" that they wanted to evaulate the QB, WR, and D prior to the Draft.

Your right about the McCaskets being stingy, if they had to spend money on a QB I am guessing they would rather pay Cutler than Orton. They have been known to drop cash for Defensive talent. I think they would pay one good player on O like they have for Urlicker and Briggs if they knew they had the right guy...

lex
03-17-2009, 08:31 PM
One of my buddies said that Lovie wasn't 100% on Orton, he is in a contract year and played on a bum ankle most of last year.

They said they "heard" that they wanted to evaulate the QB, WR, and D prior to the Draft.

Your right about the McCaskets being stingy, if they had to spend money on a QB I am guessing they would rather pay Cutler than Orton. They have been known to drop cash for Defensive talent. I think they would pay one good player on O like they have for Urlicker and Briggs if they knew they had the right guy...

Fair enough. But why is starting mini-camp early helping evaluate Orton when he has been with the team for 3 years now. Its not even like this is live action now. He should be able to rely on game film for that.

broncosteven
03-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Fair enough. But why is starting mini-camp early helping evaluate Orton when he has been with the team for 3 years now. Its not even like this is live action now. He should be able to rely on game film for that.

He only got the starter gig last year, they need to pay him at the end of the season. If Orton started all 3 of those years I would accept your point, he was beaten out by REXMAN (who had a Mark RYPEN year after coming back from multiple injuries) and was not the clear #1 until REXMAN failed.

I am guessing that Lovie wants to see how he recovered and is playing now to either pay him early and lock him up, use a higher pick for a QB in draft, or trade him for a better QB.

They had issues at WR and D that they need to evaluate but I am guessing the Orton contract deadline and Cutlers possible availabilty may have a lot to do with it.

lex
03-17-2009, 08:42 PM
He only got the starter gig last year, they need to pay him at the end of the season. If Orton started all 3 of those years I would accept your point, he was beaten out by REXMAN (who had a Mark RYPEN year after coming back from multiple injuries) and was not the clear #1 until REXMAN failed.

I am guessing that Lovie wants to see how he recovered and is playing now to either pay him early and lock him up, use a higher pick for a QB in draft, or trade him for a better QB.

They had issues at WR and D that they need to evaluate but I am guessing the Orton contract deadline and Cutlers possible availabilty may have a lot to do with it.

Interesting. I just also remembered someone getting fired a few years ago when Quinn wasnt a worthy backup. I guess it kind of makes sense. Plus, maybe they would consider Cutler more having spent 4 years trying to find a QB only to come up empty.

80smith
04-02-2009, 06:27 PM
I forgot why I started this thread..........

broncosteven
04-02-2009, 08:30 PM

Looks like Lovie evaulated Orton like my Buddie said and wanted a Better QB.

They also sign Pace at LT to protect Cutler as they are dangerously thin on the Oline.

So they pay Cutler and let us worry about paying Orton next year.

I must have been/heard right for once.

broncosteven
04-07-2009, 07:17 PM

REP BUMP.

I got something right and want my rep bitches!

Conklin
04-07-2009, 09:14 PM
here's some neg rep for asking for rep

521 1N5
04-07-2009, 09:20 PM
I forgot why I started this thread..........

Good call :~ohyah!:

Pseudofool
04-07-2009, 09:20 PM
REP BUMP.

I got something right and want my rep b****es!fwap, fwap, fwap